Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alonso has created the problem Ferrari finds themselves in today...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    That's a silly remark, you can bet that Alonso pushed the team all he can or all they allowed him to push, do you really think that he was not pushing to get better cars, better engineers and better everything in general?.

If the there is people guilty of something those are the big heads in the team, starting with not having a modern and working wind tunnel.
    I think Alonso is pushing more now than before simply because he wont sign a contract extension. This is the message he needs to send. Improve and i will stay, if not...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Nicely said, point well taken.
    But its kind a funny to me, because there are engineers and experts at our team who know their job is to build the best car possible no matter the performance of the driver.
    I mean they must be aware that the car is off the pace and that if its not Alonso in that car to squeeze the maximum out of it, we would be eating dust waay back.
    They musn't lack the motivation to build the best car just because are driver is the best on the grid and expect him to win a title in an average car, its just wrong and very bad thinking.
    The team should focus on building the best car they can no matter the drivers we have.

But yeah i get what you are saying and maybe that is the case, but its just wrong of them to think like that.
    I don't think it is motivation, i think we simply don't have the best talent pool. There is a reason why we have chased for many engineers, some of which we have gotten.
    Our current batch are not good enough. This is not a criticism off our people, it is just normal that some people are better than others. Having the best driver only takes you so far.

This is what needs to be fixed and it is being fixed by Marco now. Let's see what 2015 brings. Don't expect miracles but do expect race wins if we are to get ourselves out of this position.

I do agree that ferrari should grab Riccardo while they can

wow just wow,what a misleading Heading to the thread..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
    I don't think it is motivation, i think we simply don't have the best talent pool. There is a reason why we have chased for many engineers, some of which we have gotten.
    Our current batch are not good enough. This is not a criticism off our people, it is just normal that some people are better than others. Having the best driver only takes you so far.

This is what needs to be fixed and it is being fixed by Marco now. Let's see what 2015 brings. Don't expect miracles but do expect race wins if we are to get ourselves out of this position.
    I agree, hope with the new reforms we will be competitive for the title next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ALO View Post
    I do agree that ferrari should grab Riccardo while they can
    I dont think Ricciardo will want to come to Ferrari so soon, after all he is a Red Bull made driver, i dont think he would want to sell out his team now.
    Rosberg is a good choice but if he wins the title no way he would want to sell out Mercedes.
    We must convince Alonso to stay with us.
    And if Kimi goes, then ill go with Bottas, cant see any younger driver better then Bottas, except maybe Ricciardo who is not free.
    But i think Kimi will get another chance.
    Last edited by Stormy; 11th July 2014 at 17:51.

Quote Originally Posted by sachin View Post
    wow just wow,what a misleading Heading to the thread..
    Got people's attention though...

I think the title in 2015 will be too tough and we should keep kimi as the drivers are not the problem. The car and how the engineers work together are in addition to the talent pool.