Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: McLaren tempt Alonso with $32 million offer

"We have eveything we need to win!" (Alonso)

I wonder - does that include Ross Brawn

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    I would sugest you to take a look at WTCC. Also turbo engines and they are nowhere near win
    don't look at past ferrari was legends in f1 in past.where is now we.so now honda is leading brand in turbo road cars
    Fight with passion, win with pride, lose with respect, but never give up.

Italian Grand Prix: Fernando Alonso wants to extend Ferrari stay

Ferrari's Fernando Alonso says he wants to extend his contract beyond 2016 despite enduring a frustrating year on the circuit.
    The Spaniard, 33, has been with the Maranello-based team since 2010, but has not won a race since May last year.
    Alonso is a target for McLaren, but says he has no desire to leave Ferrari and is in negotiations over a new deal.
    "Talk of other teams has never come from me, it's always the opposite," the two-time world champion said.
    "I think since last summer there have been stories and news almost all the time so it's now been going on for a year."
    He added: "It's not nice, because it creates a bit of stress and it means it is disruptive for me, the fans and for the people in the team.
    "However, on this topic, it's a year now that I've been saying I want to stay at Ferrari and extend my contract. That's my wish."
    Alonso is contracted for a further two years but has been frustrated by Ferrari's continuing inability to provide him with a car that can compete with the dominant Mercedes duo of Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton.
    Alonso has been on the podium twice in 11 races, with his best result second at the Hungarian Grand Prix in July.
    He finished seventh at the Belgian Grand Prix last time out and is not confident of challenging for victory at this Sunday's Italian Grand Prix - Ferrari's home race - but has seen enough positive progress to be confident of a brighter future for the team.
    Alonso added on the Ferrari website: "This year has definitely been the toughest in the five I've been with Ferrari, in coming to Monza in greater difficulty and without having a really clear idea of what the race can hold for us.
    "In other years, we were fighting for the title or a podium was definitely within our grasp or maybe even a win.
    "This year however, it's all much more up in the air and there is no certainty as to what we might be able to do.
    "For 11 races now we have been fighting to sort out the situation and become more competitive and I think we have done that.
    "I would say the progress is visible."
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    great picture ...
    would be great to have it without the text around ...
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Ferrari and Fernando Alonso are talking about extending Alonso's contract after 2016.

Alonso said:"I have been telling that I want to stay with Ferrari for more than a year now and I want to extend my contract, that is my wish. The next two years I was going to stay anyway and my goal is to succeed in winning races and titles together with this team. Inside Ferrari is living a new desire to win now and that has made me want to extend my stay with Ferrari even longer."
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

So, we can stop talking about Fernando's future.
    I have said it all the time, Fernando is not going anywhere.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

We shall see.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

OT - but I like how the F1 Racing logo is done in the style of the top of Michael's helmet. Nice touch
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    We shall see.
    Obviously.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by ARUN M KARUNAN View Post
    don't look at past ferrari was legends in f1 in past.where is now we.so now honda is leading brand in turbo road cars
    Honda is not anywhere close to being the leading brand in turbo road cars. They have been a laggard in adopting turbo powered engines. They made one turbo in the early 1980s, the City Turbo, and it was a bust.

In November of 2013 "All Top New Cars" said this about the planned introduction of turbo engines for the 2014 Honda lineup, "Honda has always been an expert in the production of atmospheric gas engines and one of the strongest opponents of the turbo engine. Honda has refused to turbo gasoline engine installed in its production cars..."

http://alltopnewcars.com/honda-unvei...turbo-engines/