Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Jules Bianchi updates and well wishes

Quoting on of my favourite songs all time

"I heard the news today oh Boy ...."

Austrian public radio station Oe3 brought the news that it would need a big big big wonder
    According to that report since the emergency operation there was not much hope left as he needs machine support all the time
    Also the European experts which where asked to help seems not been able to help for improving the situation ...

Oe3 are relating their report on a article from the paper "sportwoche" ...

here the link Link
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by mkelly View Post
    http://sportbild.bild.de/formel-1/20...680.sport.html

This article says that Bianchi did not slow down under yellows because of team orders. It is in German though, can someone do a good translation, in case I am wrong?

If it is true...

Forza Jules!
    I can do a Senna4Ever translation

SPORT Bild has got new information regarding the horrifying accident of Jules Bianchi at the Japanese Grand Prix. In the internal memo of the FIA (which SPORT Bild is aware of) following it is said: Bianchi did not slow down under yellow. On intercom Marussia did push him to go fast for recovering on Ericsson. On the records". So this team radio message should be available for the FIA. At the FIA press conference which took place last Friday at the Russian Grand Prix this message wasn't mentioned at all.

fact: the Japanese Grand Prix took place under extreme dangerous environmental circumstances. Bianchi changed in lap 24 onto fresh intermeds. One lap later Ericsson also changed to new intermeds. In lap 27 Ericsson passed Bianchi. With lap 37 the rain got heavier whereas Caterham decided (different to Marussia) to call Ericsson for heavy wets into the pits. On lap 38 Caterham second driver Kobayashi was called to pit but mistakenly he got Intermeds mounted again. Kobayashi was released but discovering the issue on the track he slowed down as the situation was not capable of driving with intermeds. So Kobayashi got called again to get full wets.

Ericsson lost 2 places because of his pit stop for full wets and went back on track after Bianchi and Sutil. Marussia decided to let Bianchi with 15 laps old intermeds on the track. In lap 41 Sutil lost control of his car in turn 7. Immediately the stewards show double yellow there. In this lap 41 Ericsson managed a 1:55.839 and was therefore more than a second faster than Bianchi ahead of him (Bianchi achieved a 1:57.090). And in this situation the pregnant with consequences radio message should have been send to Bianchi which advised him to go faster. Marussia was afraid to loose the position to Ericsson again. One indication on that Bianchi's lap sector times of the laps before: in lap 40 the French man put a 43,346 sec in sector one, 51,395 in sector two and 22,395 in the last sector. IN lap 41, where Sutil lost his car behind Bianchi, Bianchi managed a 43,621 which was 3tenth slower than is previous which was due to more water on the track. The strange thing then was (and would fit to the radio message theorie) that Bianchi got faster in sector 2 and 3 than in his lap before. In sector 2 Bianchi managed a 51,160sec and 22,309 in the last sector. Which would mean he was faster than before even the conditions got worse that moment.

In lap 42 the bad accident happened where Bianchi got massive head injuries. The place of the accident is directly in the middle of sector 1. So FIA has to clarify immediately if Marussia has acted grossly negligent.

"If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/1...till-fighting/

Posted By: James Allen | 14 Oct 2014 | 7:17 am GMT | 0 comments
    “The situation is desperate. Every time the telephone goes, we know it could be the hospital to tell us that Jules is dead. But initially they said that the first 24 hours were crucial. Then it became the first 72 hours and here we are still with Jules, who is fighting.

“He will succeed in the most important qualifying lap of his life. He won’t give up, I’m sure of that.

“I can see it. I believe it. I speak to him. I know he can hear me. His doctors have told us that this is already a miracle, no one has ever survived such a serious accident. But Jules won’t give-up. His trainer Andrea says that if there is one person who can make it happen, with his will, it’s Jules.”

Philippe Bianchi, the father of Jules Bianchi has spoken to Italian sports paper La Gazzetta dello Sport about the plight of his son Jules, 25, who was injured in an accident with a course vehicle in the Japanese Grand Prix and remains in a critical but stable condition in Yokkaichi hospital in Japan.

“It’s tough. In a week the life of this family has been destroyed,” he says. “What are we doing here? Living a nightmare in a place very far from home. But when Jules gets a bit better we can transfer him, maybe to Tokyo and things will be a bit easier. But who knows when that will happen. If it will happen. We have no certainties, we just have to wait.

“The people here are lovely but no-one speaks English. ”

Philippe Bianchi also reveals that he is using Michael Schumacher’s accident as a reference point, “I was very sad when he got hurt. I kept wondering, like very one else ‘Why don’t they tell us more about how he is?’ But now I’m in the same position I understand. Everyone keeps asking me how Jules is but I can’t reply, there is no answer. It’s very serous, but he’s stable. One day he seems a bit better, other days bit worse. The doctors don’t say. The damage from the accident is very bad but we don’t know how it will evolve.

“Even with Schumacher it took months to come out of the coma. Jean Todt said he hopes Michael will one day be able to have a normal life. One day I hope we can say the same abut Jules.”

The Bianchi family were very touched by the show of support from the other F1 drivers in Sochi, forming a ‘circle of solidarity’ for Jules, where they formed up on the grid in a ring with arms around each other’s shoulders, facing inwards to only themselves, the ones who best understood. “I’ve never seen anything like that,” said Philippe Bianchi. “It touched us very deeply. We thank every one of them. So many of them have been in touch, written to me; Alonso, Vergne, Massa have given strong messages, Hamilton wrote me a beautiful email in which he says that if there is anything he can do, he’s there. Rossi and Marquez from Moto GP too.

“We are sure that all this love, this energy Jules can feel it, Marussia and Ferrari too.”

He says that he has not watched the amateur video of the accident and isn’t going to for now, “It would make me crazy. I need positive energy now.”
    Forza Jules

The one phrase says it all... "there is no answer." Nothing to do but wait & hope for a miracle.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie
    “It’s tough. In a week the life of this family has been destroyed,” he says. “What are we doing here? Living a nightmare in a place very far from home. But when Jules gets a bit better we can transfer him, maybe to Tokyo and things will be a bit easier. But who knows when that will happen. If it will happen. We have no certainties, we just have to wait.

“The people here are lovely but no-one speaks English. ”
    Sounds so tough for the family, while it seems F1 has just moved on
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Sounds so tough for the family, while it seems F1 has just moved on
    remind me a bit to the situation around the son of OBE John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/1...till-fighting/

Posted By: James Allen | 14 Oct 2014 | 7:17 am GMT | 0 comments
    “The situation is desperate. Every time the telephone goes, we know it could be the hospital to tell us that Jules is dead."
    That's just heartbreaking.

I knew if anything like this ever happened in F1 it would hurt, but I never imagined it would hurt this badly.
    Forza Jules

Very sad and just hope and pray that's things will move positively for Jules. This is a very tough moment for the family... Hope they get all the support and strength. Keep fighting young man, there is still a long bright road ahead for you... Common mate!

Keep fighting Jules
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

This is too sad. As fans we are already feeling so down on this, can't imagine how heartbreaking it is for his parents and those close to him. Stay strong Jules, please bring some good news to your parents and those who love you #ForzaJules.

"So many of them have been in touch, written to me; Alonso, Vergne, Massa have given strong messages, Hamilton wrote me a beautiful email in which he says that if there is anything he can do, he’s there."

So let's not talk too bad about Lewis anymore, this proves he in fact is a good person.......
    Happy to see the family gets so much support of the drivers and teams, because after all, they had to move on to the next track and leave Jules behind.....
    F1 is beautiful, but sometimes so very cruel.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Yokkaichi, Japan
    14 October 2014, 00.00hrs local/16.00hrs BST

At the request of the family of Jules Bianchi, and in conjunction with the Mie General Medical Center in Yokkaichi, the Marussia F1 Team is able to provide the following information regarding Jules’ medical condition:

The past nine days have been extremely difficult for Jules and his family. As a consequence of the accident at Suzuka, a number of medical challenges have needed to be overcome and the situation remains challenging due to the diffuse axonal traumatic brain injury Jules has sustained.

Jules remains in a critical but stable condition in the Intensive Care Unit of Mie General Medical Center in Yokkaichi. The Bianchi family continue to be comforted by the thoughts and prayers of Jules’ many fans and the motor sport community. In particular, the many demonstrations of support and affection during the course of the Russian Grand Prix in Sochi were of enormous comfort to Jules’ parents and the relatives and friends also present at the hospital.

The family will provide further medical updates when appropriate

Read more at http://www.marussiaf1team.com/news/1...ZRKBY7A10ZP.99

Hopefully this clears up the allegations that Bianchi was going too fast or he was told to maintain race speed.

Marussia have furiously denied media reports that the team and Jules Bianchi flouted regulations moments before his life-threatening accident at the Japanese Grand Prix.

Bianchi remains in a "critical but stable" condition in hospital after suffering serious head injuries when he slid off the Suzuka track at turn seven and collided with a recovery tractor that was attending to Adrian Sutil's stricken Sauber.

But speculation emerged on Tuesday that the Frenchman failed to slow down under double-waved yellow flags, while further reports suggested he was under team orders to maintain race speed to stay ahead of Caterham's Marcus Ericsson.

Marussia issued a strongly-worded statement describing both allegations as "entirely false", claiming the telemetry data from the ill-fated race proves that Bianchi did reduce his speed as he approached the site of Sutil's earlier mishap.

The statement read: "The Marussia F1 Team is shocked and angered by these allegations. At a time when its driver is critically ill in hospital, and the team has made clear that its highest priority is consideration for Jules and his family, it is distressed to have to respond to deeply upsetting rumours and inaccuracies in respect of the circumstances of Jules’ accident.

"However, given that these allegations are entirely false, the team has no alternative but to address these.

"Jules did slow down under the double waved yellow flags. That is an irrefutable fact, as proven by the telemetry data, which the team has provided to the FIA.

"In the FIA press conference which took place in Sochi on Friday 10 October, Charlie Whiting, the FIA’s Race Director, confirmed that the team had provided such data, that he himself had examined this data and that Jules did slow.

"Regarding point 2, an audio copy of the full radio transmission between Jules and the team, and also a written transcript thereof, were provided to the FIA.

"It is quite clear from the transmission and the transcript that at no point during the period leading up to Jules’ accident did the team urge Jules to drive faster or make any comments suggesting that he should do so.

"The team sincerely hopes that, having clarified these facts, it can now avoid any further distractions to its primary focus at this time, which is providing support for Jules and his family."

Marussia confirmed on Tuesday that Bianchi remained in a critical but stable conditon in intensive care more than a week on from his horrific accident and that the "situation remains challenging" for medical teams at the Mie General Hospital.
    http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12...dent-at-suzuka

This is just sad and heart breaking.
    On a positive side if we are all sending positive energies hopefully he will feel them.
    Come on Jules you can do it. We nearly gave up on Richard Hammond and now look at him
    Forza Jules

F1 should opt for closed cockpits, lots of head trauma in car racing accidents.
    Here an example, warning explicit foutage.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRebel40 View Post
    F1 should opt for closed cockpits, lots of head trauma in car racing accidents.
    Here an example, warning explicit foutage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWAAbpPlsSk
    That is always the risk with open cockpit racing, eg an object striking the drivers head. Greg Moore died in similar fashion when his car flipped several times and he struck his head on the tire wall. I'm not sure what the solution is as I think other possibilities can also lead to different risks...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

There are also a lot of risk in closed cockpit racing, it is very difficult for the driver to escape the vehicle if the car goes up in flames.

The hinges must be made to withstand fire at least for a good period of time and cannot melt under extreme heat....

There is always great risk in racing.

This is terrible. I had no idea it was that bad....

I'm not sure if a closed cockpit would have helped him, but it is clear that the FIA needs to rethink the driver's head protection. Aesthetics should not be an argument.

As eddie said, closed cockpit brings a whole host of different problems with not all that many gains, other than somewhat better protection against flying debris. In fire/smoke situations you would have problem of breathable air supply to driver. As many times as it i looked at it never makes the cut.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

The smoke/fire issue is the same with LMP cars, that is to say not really an issue. The rendering above, and indeed any F1 car with a closed cockpit, is an LMP car without fenders.

Oh how desperately sad for him and his family, I was moved to tears reading what his dad said and I cannot imagine the horrors they are living. Oh how I wish and pray that this will result in a good outcome and lets face it he has survived so far which is against the odds so thoughts, love, hope and pray is the best operation in the world at this time if that is all w have.
    "The flowers of victory live in many vases" Michael Schumacher 7 times World Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Nick View Post
    The smoke/fire issue is the same with LMP cars, that is to say not really an issue. The rendering above, and indeed any F1 car with a closed cockpit, is an LMP car without fenders.
    or doors, or A/C
    Forza Ferrari !

Closed cockpit would have probably have made virtually no difference, if not even made it worse. The impact was so severe it ripped the role hoop off. This is the actual structure that keeps the driver safe if the car flips over. A closed cockpit will be made from thin carbon fiber with some clear polycarbonate panels. Hardly anything structural. The debris could perhaps act like knives inside the cockpit during major crashes such as these.

Considering that F1 cars are often pushing boundaries, I don't think we can expect to take any existing technology and apply them expecting them to work. For sure closed cockpit is going to introduce many issues if we merely take a roll hoop or a military jet canopy and slap them onto the car. But many of these problems could be engineering problem. So I believe the FIA should fund some proper engineering research into these ideas, let the smart engineers figure them out. These problems are not stuff that we can easily solve by thinking about them for a few minutes, but it doesn't mean they can never be solve given the appropriate experts.

I read somewhere that open cockpit is not an aesthetic design, it was a technical decision way back when. Therefore it should not be the defining characteristic of Formula 1. If closed cockpit can be safer, there's no reason not to do it. But of course if after all the research and development work could not make the idea work, then we should not implement them. But we should not have the tendency to push the idea away just because we think that F1 is open cockpit and should always be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Considering that F1 cars are often pushing boundaries, I don't think we can expect to take any existing technology and apply them expecting them to work. For sure closed cockpit is going to introduce many issues if we merely take a roll hoop or a military jet canopy and slap them onto the car. But many of these problems could be engineering problem. So I believe the FIA should fund some proper engineering research into these ideas, let the smart engineers figure them out. These problems are not stuff that we can easily solve by thinking about them for a few minutes, but it doesn't mean they can never be solve given the appropriate experts.

I read somewhere that open cockpit is not an aesthetic design, it was a technical decision way back when. Therefore it should not be the defining characteristic of Formula 1. If closed cockpit can be safer, there's no reason not to do it. But of course if after all the research and development work could not make the idea work, then we should not implement them. But we should not have the tendency to push the idea away just because we think that F1 is open cockpit and should always be that way.
    Very good article at racecar-engineering on closed cockpit research & issues.

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/a...ockpits-to-f1/
    Forza Ferrari !

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Very good article at racecar-engineering on closed cockpit research & issues.

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/a...ockpits-to-f1/
    Hey Abbott !! Thanks, that is a really thorough article. Massa would have benifit from a closed cockpit when Rubens car sent a spring flying. Possibly Ayrton woul have benifit also. I think in Jules case it was too hard and direct. What a tragedy.

Why does F1 need to try controlling family of an injured driver as to what is said about Jules? Another black-eye for the sport, worried more about blame laying & lawsuits? Jeesh

From motorsport.com site...

Beyond that, the RTL correspondent relayed, Christine said she does not want to talk.
    "Or rather," the journalist said, "she says she cannot talk."
    Mrs Bianchi explained: "I can't say anything more, apart from about the criticisms. You know, some people say things to shirk their responsibilities."
    The correspondent asked Christine directly if she and the family are being forced to be silent.
    "F1," she answered. "It's a business. A very big business."
    Not really much more in the article other than saying Jules remains unconscious & "the hospital is perfect, the doctors are excellent..."

Forza Jules!
    Forza Ferrari !

media just trying to create more controversy over this tragedy, because no-one isn't dead and there are really not any news. surely there are many things family Bianchi cannot tell and i'm certain they are adviced not to talk about their concerns, perhaps that race should have been stopped earlier or something like that, media just makes it bigger
    not gonna change my profile picture