View Poll Results: Should Kimi stay for 2016?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kimi should stay for 2016

79 57.66%
  • Kimi should be replaced for 2016

58 42.34%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: So, Kimi, what's the general consensus on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    I am tired of your enouous Kimi love. Since i am wiser and i know i am right i stop right now. There is so much more important things going on in my life that need my attention more than trying to make some random kimi fanboy understand that kimi lacks manners
    Random kimi fanboy...You are complaining that Kimi doens't have any manners (I don't see why Kimi should tell the media that he is sorry for the accident. It's between him and Alonso) and it is pretty clear that you don't have any manners yourself. You seem to think that everything he does is wrong. Maybe I should be as rude as you and call a random Kimi hater :) Have nice day and try to get over it that Kimi drives for Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    I am tired of your enouous Kimi love. Since i am wiser and i know i am right i stop right now.

Good for you. You said what about living in wonderland?

I think team will still wait for a few races and make up their minds before Monza. The problem is that while Kimi is lacking consistency, a lot of his problems aren't of his own cause, he has just had a lot of bad luck this season. Also, the other problem is the likely replacements. Bottas is under contract with Williams that is buyable but not cheap. I bet Vettel doesn't want Ricciardo in the same team and I bet RBR are holding on to him for a few more years. Hulkenberg is german and I doubt that the team wants two germans driving the cars at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by FFFerrari View Post
    I think team will still wait for a few races and make up their minds before Monza. The problem is that while Kimi is lacking consistency, a lot of his problems aren't of his own cause, he has just had a lot of bad luck this season. Also, the other problem is the likely replacements. Bottas is under contract with Williams that is buyable but not cheap.
    It's possible that Ferrari already bought the Williams contract.

The more pressure the Tifosi put on any driver, the more likely that driver will not perform as well as they should. Even the great MS had his off days leading up to 2000 as the expectation was so huge. Give Kimi space he can deliver, when the Tifosi had given up on him in 2007.............well you know the story

Quote Originally Posted by steelstallions View Post
    The more pressure the Tifosi put on any driver, the more likely that driver will not perform as well as they should. Even the great MS had his off days leading up to 2000 as the expectation was so huge. Give Kimi space he can deliver, when the Tifosi had given up on him in 2007.............well you know the story
    My thoughts exactly. I think he's much happier & performs better when he's "flying under the radar". I'm hoping he finds his comfort zone & gets rewarded with some good results & a contract extension!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

IMO we should Let kimi develop the car with Seb for one more year instead of paying millions to Williams . We are never short of drivers, we just need a good car.

I think Race pretty much cleared many doubts about Kimi staying or not, not only Seb wants him and the team feel comfortable with him but he will help us develop the car like he did this year.
    I think we should keep him without a doubt.

I hope they keep Kimi. I don't see anyone better replacing him?

FerrariSteve Guest
    Kimi did fine today, sadly the car lost him a certain 2nd place.

As for Bottas replacing him, I'd vote no, Bottas cannot defend and his racecraft is too average at the moment. I don't see anyone to replace Kimi right now, especially as sadly Jules isn't an option anymore.

I just wish his bad luck would stop. Race pace is still clearly there

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    I just wish his bad luck would stop. Race pace is still clearly there
    I agree, but we kept saying the same thing about Felipe and we still let him go.

For me he's done enough in the first ten races to merit another year. True, the points aren't there compared to Seb, but that just shows the limitation of looking only at points scored. He's been fast enough, just unlucky.

Why on earth would we not sign Kimi for another year? He is the most popular F1-driver and he is still fast.

Hopefully Ferrari haven't signed anyone else. Kimi should be given until the end of the season to show if he still is top 4 driver

https://t.co/gpQGTeJMXC

Interesting comments at the end...

Quote Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
    https://t.co/gpQGTeJMXC

Interesting comments at the end...
    I think its quite safe to assume that Kimi will stay for 2016.. James sounded really excited and pleased.
    lets see what Arivabene says tho.,

I originally thought he should go, but this race cleared those doubts. I don't think he's currently in the same class as Vettel (he's driving a near perfect season), but he drove great today. Unfortunately, the car let him down.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
    Why on earth would we not sign Kimi for another year? He is the most popular F1-driver and he is still fast.
    Actually i didnt believed that and then did some research and was shocked that it was true.
    In a survey asking over 200.000 fans Kimi went first with Alonso second and Button third.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mot...e-drivers.html

Wow, i knew he was popular but not that much.

I love how the article is shocked that the beloved Hamilton is not in the top three most popular drivers. Kimi is popular because of his no-BS attitude and race pace. After this race, even i am convinced that Kimi should stay for 2016- only. By 2017 we should have a clear decision on who should replace him; whether it be Bottas, Ricciardo or Hulkenberg. Who knows, maybe Nasr might develop well to be a Ferrari driver next year?
    But for now, Kimi is the best decision for next year. I just hope his bad luck ended in today's race!
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

FerrariSteve Guest
    If/when Kimi goes, I'd like us to get Ricciardo as he seems like a great guy and you can clearly see he's an old fashioned "racer". I like that.

Ferrari will ultimately look at the points table, and based on that they will decide whether to keep Raikkonen or not.

Apart from couple races this season (Bahrain, Hungary) Raikkonen has been pretty awful this season. He was absolutely awful last season. (Not that i expected him to beat Alo/Vet, as both are better driver)

He's made too many costly mistakes this season especially in the qualy. No body asked him to beat Vettel, but even with a 2nd fastest car, he was often outqualified by William's and occasionally by Torro's, FI's and RB's.

His point tally is less than half of Vettel's.

So for next year, if the choice is between Raikkonen and Bottas, i will pick Raikkonen. But if the choice is between Hulk and Raikkonen and Bottas, i will pick Hulkenberg. He is younger, as quick as Raikkonen if not quicker and cheaper.

Ferrari is way too smart and has much enough information to look beyond the points table.

Also, Kimi probably has more fans than Hulk and Bottas together. And even if Kimi has bigger price tag, his supporters-
    pretty much pays back the difference..

Kimi made good enough job at the ring and he rarely sucks at Spa.
    I think he still has a chance at least

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Ferrari is way too smart and has much enough information to look beyond the points table.
    I think so, too.

Also, Kimi probably has more fans than Hulk and Bottas together. And even if Kimi has bigger price tag, his supporters-
    pretty much pays back the difference..
    Too much speculation and figures + business models have to be presented to support this. But if it was down to monetary considerations, there will be more money to make being successful vs. having a driver with a large fan base. Having said that, we must still consider that the car has yet to sufficiently improve so much so that only a driver's poor performance can be sufficiently singled out as the cause of failure.

Kimi made good enough job at the ring and he rarely sucks at Spa.
    A strong performance at Hungary, yes; only fate robbed us of a 1-2. I am looking forward to what he can do at Spa.

I think he still has a chance at least
    I agree. More importantly for him, his fate is mostly still in his hands with half a season still to go. I'd still like to see him take a pay cut if this means he gets to stay on. Primarily because I think it's important to have at least another year of personnel stability as Ferrari makes it way back to the top.

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story...-report-080315

Above report suggests Kimi would stay at Ferrari till 2016 & JA contract got extended. I think it's a positive move, as the team believes in Kimi a lot. Let's c how it turns out be in 2016 for him.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story...-report-080315

Above report suggests Kimi would stay at Ferrari till 2016 & JA contract got extended. I think it's a positive move, as the team believes in Kimi a lot. Let's c how it turns out be in 2016 for him.
    I'd like it if that report proves to be true, Kimi & JA can concentrate on what they do best! x 2
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Kimi isn't really in Seb's league but he's definitely a supporting team-mate. I'd say he stays for another year

Note: I originally thought he should've been replaced but last race proved to me that he can cut the mustard with the top guys. Sadly, the car broke down robbing us of a most certain 1-2 finish.