Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hungarian GP Qualifying

Fellow supporters I can tell you that general interest in F1 is droping down. I have never in my 20 years comming to Hungaroring seen such small number of spectators....
    Any way I guess we did what is max possible at the moment. KR could have done it little bit more (4th) but ok.
    Now it is raining like end of days here at Budapest and temperature has fallen significally.
    Heard today on the track rummor that VB has signed something with Ferrari...

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    I thought the same Wisepie, we need to start winning and then this forum will light up. Maybe soon at Monza and that would be fantastic.
    It's not about Ferrari not winning. Last year was way worse then this one, but this forum looked really lively. F1 is not really interesting and exciting anymore. I decided to leave, not only this forum, but watching F1 regularly as a whole, because it is not giving me the trhills, it used to. It's all the things coming together, which everyone says are insignificant. The cars are not pretty, the circuits are being destroyed by run off zones, the sound is not creating any excitement and is boring, cars being too slow and looks easy to drive (say what you want, but even the sound makes them seem easy to drive and slow as it sounds so... calm) the rules are getting too artificial and the changes to them are out of desperation and they are not pushing F1 forward, even the small thing as the new starting camera shot is making the starts less tense, then the old static look from the front, teams not being able to develop the cars to actually catch the best... a lot of stuff. The interest in F1 is dropping.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    It's not about Ferrari not winning. Last year was way worse then this one, but this forum looked really lively. F1 is not really interesting and exciting anymore. I decided to leave, not only this forum, but watching F1 regularly as a whole, because it is not giving me the trhills, it used to. It's all the things coming together, which everyone says are insignificant. The cars are not pretty, the circuits are being destroyed by run off zones, the sound is not creating any excitement and is boring, cars being too slow and looks easy to drive (say what you want, but even the sound makes them seem easy to drive and slow as it sounds so... calm) the rules are getting too artificial and the changes to them are out of desperation and they are not pushing F1 forward, even the small thing as the new starting camera shot is making the starts less tense, then the old static look from the front, teams not being able to develop the cars to actually catch the best... a lot of stuff. The interest in F1 is dropping.
    Some thing are well and trully said....

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    This is really a different argument but who can really argue with what you have just said, you make a lot of good points.

It's sad that our favourite sport now reflect a scale electric game rather than F1 the pinnacle of motorsport.

Forza Jules

For me F1 is now better than ever. We need to beat Lewis, but at least Nico is also alowed to race the hell out of his teamate. Lewis needs to beat Nico far and square. Every team is exiting to watch for every fan. I am as interested in Massa vs. Bottas as Seb vs. Lewis and Nico. Nooooo "Let him pass!! " All the tyre confusion, at least for me, is also interesting as far as who gets it right each race. I always believe Seb has a shot at 1st. each race.

In last two years F1 is pinnacle of motorsports only in terms of technology not in spectacle or racing.... Sadly....

Any news on the weather?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    For me F1 is now better than ever. We need to beat Lewis, but at least Nico is also alowed to race the hell out of his teamate. Lewis needs to beat Nico far and square. Every team is exiting to watch for every fan. I am as interested in Massa vs. Bottas as Seb vs. Lewis and Nico. Nooooo "Let him pass!! " All the tyre confusion, at least for me, is also interesting as far as who gets it right each race. I always believe Seb has a shot at 1st. each race.
    Sorry F1 is better than ever?? you must be joking. Soooooooo many issues and the regulations is killing the sport. We need to get the engine noise back and end these stupid Engine token allocations. Testing needs to come back and Ferrari should hang its head in shame when they agreed for a ban on testing when it has a race track at the back door to its factory, I feel sorry for young drivers not getting the chance to learn their trade, how can this be right???? Anyway just look at the viewing figures.

Sorry F1 is better than ever?? you must be joking. Soooooooo many issues and the regulations is killing the sport. We need to get the engine noise back and end these stupid Engine token allocations. Testing needs to come back and Ferrari should hang its head in shame when they agreed for a ban on testing when it has a race track at the back door to its factory, I feel sorry for young drivers not getting the chance to learn their trade, how can this be right???? Anyway just look at the viewing figures.
    Completely agree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Any news on the weather?
    Overcast but dry. Don't think it will rain. Strong wind is blowing and temperature is around 25C.
    Last edited by stefa; 26th July 2015 at 08:12.

I could rarely watch GPs because of work when Schumi and Rubens were frequently getting 1-2s, but the interest and spectacle was still there, sadly with the Lewis-fest coverage by both Sky and BBC is also putting people off, not all Brits are Lewis fans. And that's just the TV aspect, the actual racing (such as it is) is too artificial and development is restricted, so how can things improve with the current rules. Brembo, I too still enjoy watching and am more interested in Massa beating Bottas than who wins the race, unless it's a Ferrari, of course! Forza Ferrari for today anyway, we live in hope of a Merc DNF.

There could ba a way, we could let teams test at our track. Be cheaper.

About the young drivers. Theres alot of guys/girls out there with talent. But do not have a South American oil company backing them to get them a seat. Another friend of mine who is a Porsche factory driver, has not got massive backings, but he has realised that sportscars is the way to go. As, do not need million and millions to get a seat at the back of the F1 grid, but couple million will get you a front running LMP2 car seat. In a way, thats good for sportscars, as there will be alot more young talented drivers making that call and switch, either in prototypes or GTs.

Thats why, next year im starting to take my little boy Jacob karting. As be cheaper to get him to sportscars. He like watching it now, me him and Keira sit watching it. Keira sitting here watching the Spa 24hrs with her signed Gimmi top and sits holding that bless her (We will get it framed Gimmi my friend )

If Jacob gets good at karting, got few tings in pipeline ready if need full backing for to do season.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I can't disagree with what you said. For sure things could be better. But the F1 race is still great for me, esp. the start & 1st turn of every race. For Ferrari, well Seb always looks like he's right in there as long as his pits go well. And I always wish Maldonando would safely kiss Lewis' car and knock him out of the lead. Or even Grosejean for that matter! I say just watch the races and enjoy the action. Fans have all winter to be mad at the things you listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    There could ba a way, we could let teams test at our track. Be cheaper.

About the young drivers. Theres alot of guys/girls out there with talent. But do not have a South American oil company backing them to get them a seat. Another friend of mine who is a Porsche factory driver, has not got massive backings, but he has realised that sportscars is the way to go. As, do not need million and millions to get a seat at the back of the F1 grid, but couple million will get you a front running LMP2 car seat. In a way, thats good for sportscars, as there will be alot more young talented drivers making that call and switch, either in prototypes or GTs.

Thats why, next year im starting to take my little boy Jacob karting. As be cheaper to get him to sportscars. He like watching it now, me him and Keira sit watching it. Keira sitting here watching the Spa 24hrs with her signed Gimmi top and sits holding that bless her (We will get it framed Gimmi my friend )

If Jacob gets good at karting, got few tings in pipeline ready if need full backing for to do season.
    I wish your little boy Jacob all the best. Hope you don't mind me saying but maybe a future Ferrari driver.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Better than ever? Lay off the weed man :D

what a starttttt

I wish your little boy Jacob all the best. Hope you don't mind me saying but maybe a future Ferrari driver.
    Grazie mille, if things go well and right then we will see. Thats the aim, and if we get the backing we hope for, then we may see him there. Not F1, but GTs.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Better than ever? Lay off the weed man :D
    Start smokin man !! Like I predicted!! Seb won!!! Tell me you didn't enjoy the race ? F1 is great !! Forget all the tech. tyres etc. watch the races ! What happened to the unbeatable Merc?? We have to wait till 2016 ??? Sebs great, Ferraris great !! Now back to all the fans here waiting for 2016. Winning 2 races is not enough. Merc is unbeatable.... Tyres, tech, areo, pu. , When the race starts to the checkered flag, that's what makes F1 better than ever. Ferrari 4th 5th maybe a podium? Forget about it!! Watch the races and enjoy. BTW Nasr in the points again. He may be our future driver. Rubens, Massa, Nasr, 3 Brasileiros ?