Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223

Thread: Hungarian Grand Prix race thread

"pizza, macaroni, chicken parm, pasta fagioli, fried chicken, and cheeseburgers"

Wow, sounds like a great sandwitch..

What I find surprising is the lack of comments about Hamilton's mistakes during the races. And there were many. It would be interesting to see him more performing in the pack of the field, to see his real ability as a driver. For sure he is top in qualifying and once in the lead, he is great. But under pressure between other cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
    What I find surprising is the lack of comments about Hamilton's mistakes during the races. And there were many. It would be interesting to see him more performing in the pack of the field, to see his real ability as a driver. For sure he is top in qualifying and once in the lead, he is great. But under pressure between other cars?
    Hmm.. Dejavu. That was a common opinion about Vettel, not so long time ago

I think it's just the pressure from knowing that you have the fastest car and still you find yourself in the middle of the pack..

Hamilton is a great driver and guide the machine more powerful Formula 1. When part in top positions is quiet because his only opponent is Rosberg (who is inferior to him) and just take the 70-80% for the win.
    When is behind many cars is obliged to take risks and give 100%. Sometimes things go well, sometimes not. On Sunday, he made so many mistakes because it was in a hurry to recover many positions.

ForzaFerrariGo!

Scuderia Ferrari, la Scuderia pił vincente nella storia della Formula 1.
    16 Titoli Costruttori & 15 Titoli Piloti.

His GP2 race in Istanbul in '06 on way to winning title...
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlgipON2Pow

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    His GP2 race in Istanbul in '06 on way to winning title... www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlgipON2Pow
    I remember the race, it was beautiful!
    If I'm not mistaken he had already signed for McLaren. I was certain that he would sweat Alonso, and so it was!

ForzaFerrariGo!

Scuderia Ferrari, la Scuderia pił vincente nella storia della Formula 1.
    16 Titoli Costruttori & 15 Titoli Piloti.

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaFerrariGo! View Post
    I remember the race, it was beautiful!
    If I'm not mistaken he had already signed for McLaren. I was certain that he would sweat Alonso, and so it was!

ForzaFerrariGo!
    Yeah, was a great race, I still think he's probably the best driver to come through the GP2 ranks so far, although Valsecchi in his championship year comes a close second...
    I believe Lewis was on the McLaren books for some time, but he was due to line up next to Fernando at McLaren in '07...

His GP2 race in Istanbul in '06 on way to winning title...
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlgipON2Pow
    A great drive, but it doesn't change the fact that he's been mediocre so far this season. For one of the best drivers on the grid (and according to his fans, one of the best drivers ever to take part in F1) to take just five wins out of ten while at the wheel of a car as massively dominant as the W06 is a poor result. Vettel took nine straight victories in 2013 while driving a car which had less of a performance edge over the competition.

Lewis has driven better in seasons past. He may well drive better in the second half of this season. But so far this year he's done just enough to stay a little ahead of Rosberg - who is having a pretty poor season himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    A great drive, but it doesn't change the fact that he's been mediocre so far this season. For one of the best drivers on the grid (and according to his fans, one of the best drivers ever to take part in F1) to take just five wins out of ten while at the wheel of a car as massively dominant as the W06 is a poor result. Vettel took nine straight victories in 2013 while driving a car which had less of a performance edge over the competition.

Lewis has driven better in seasons past. He may well drive better in the second half of this season. But so far this year he's done just enough to stay a little ahead of Rosberg - who is having a pretty poor season himself.

Think 'mediocre' is a tad harsh, he had a shocker in Hungary, and shot himself in the foot in Monaco, I agree he's not appeared to be at his best recently, and he's not been on top form, fortunately I think he's got too many outside distractions at the moment and that shows...

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post

+2

Yeah, was a great race, I still think he's probably the best driver to come through the GP2 ranks so far, although Valsecchi in his championship year comes a close second...
    I believe Lewis was on the McLaren books for some time, but he was due to line up next to Fernando at McLaren in '07...

I know you are stating your opinion but i'm sorry i have to. You're WRONG, straight up, no doubt, wrong (in my opinion lol)
    According to straight up stats, Hammy is about in level with previous champ Nico ROSBERG (sounds familiar eh?) and 2009 champ Nico HULKENBERG. Grosjean, Glock and Maldonado (who still holds the record for most GP2 victories) had many more races to compete in although their stats would say they are better than Hammy.
    Of course, stats doesn't describe the driver! However, after watching highlights and many videos of old GP2 races i must say Hulkenberg is the best champ in GP2. He was very dominant and won the title before the last round of the season (along with Hammy...). I wonder how Hammy would cope against the Hulk if they were given the same car...
    Also noteworthy is the fact that Hulk is much taller and heavier than both Rosberg and Hammy.
    Alas, opinion is opinion! Cheers!
    Last edited by TigerKing; 5th August 2015 at 03:08. Reason: factual error
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.