Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: SF-15T Development and news Thead, part2 Sorry.

Well, if he is to be believed, Lorenzo Sassi said, we have to the end of the season to use the last 4 tokens, so we will decide what to use them on in the next few weeks.
    It is not exactly definitive, but strongly implies they have not been used yet. I am inclined to think we will have 4 tokens to "spend" after the race in Austin.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

I believe the weather forecast also has a effect of Ferrari decision. There is a good chance of rain on Sunday and Saturday. So theoretical the engine penalty should not have as big of an impact on the race strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fer12 View Post
    I believe the weather forecast also has a effect of Ferrari decision. There is a good chance of rain on Sunday and Saturday. So theoretical the engine penalty should not have as big of an impact on the race strategy.
    I believe it too

Scuderia Ferrari, la Scuderia più vincente nella storia della Formula 1.
    16 Titoli Costruttori & 15 Titoli Piloti.

Let's not forget that just because we haven't used any tokens it doesn't mean that we haven't improved the engine under "reliability grounds" like Merc did earlier in the season.
    Murray - "...and there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!"

James - "Well, that should put them out then"

More aero updates, new diffuser:

Additional winglet on new FW endplate:

Just something to ponder upon, it is worth the very long read.

http://www.somersf1.co.uk/2015/10/in...ctive-drd.html

Quote Originally Posted by NenoX View Post
    Just something to ponder upon, it is worth the very long read.

http://www.somersf1.co.uk/2015/10/in...ctive-drd.html
    I posted it in #312, no body commented on it.
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Its amazing that such close shots of the updates can be broadcast on the internet so quickly. Guess theres no hiding anything these days. But good to see Ferrari having updates no matter how small, on a regular basis.

New turning vanes (more like Mercedes) on Seb's car:

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    Oh yeah you did! Didnt see that. Is dirk de beer with us? I think we can make this ddrs/f-duct thing work if we have allison and dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    I read the whole thing, it was pretty long & I didn't have the time or energy left after that to come back here to comment

Seriously though, my gut feeling is this is just something interesting for the extreme techno-nerds to talk about until 2016 testing begins. It sounds like a fine line to get a benefit without sacrificing energy recovery of the MGU-H. That's just my opinion though, which amounts to next to nothing in the technical end of F1.

So having said all that, I'll still be watching with much interest to see if it does develop into something that some of the teams at least try to exploit.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

http://www.omnicorse.it/img/articoli...e-elementi.jpg

The bat wing like the one on Mercedes along with the new turning vanes.

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Well, if he is to be believed, Lorenzo Sassi said, we have to the end of the season to use the last 4 tokens, so we will decide what to use them on in the next few weeks.
    It is not exactly definitive, but strongly implies they have not been used yet. I am inclined to think we will have 4 tokens to "spend" after the race in Austin.
    I think we are not going to see updated engine in this season. My guess is that tokens will be used, but only as a early start of 2016 engine program and the updated engine will only be re-homologated, but not raced with in this season. Only guessing...
    Last edited by Winter; 23rd October 2015 at 18:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Fer12 View Post
    http://www.omnicorse.it/img/articoli...e-elementi.jpg

The bat wing like the one on Mercedes along with the new turning vanes.
    THe bat wing????
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    THe bat wing????
    Probably THIS

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post
    thanks!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

This appears to be a relatively large aero update for Ferrari, especially this late in the season. Very interested in how they compete, as this track should be good for Mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post
    That wing looks like it creates lift. Why would that be a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    That wing looks like it creates lift. Why would that be a good idea?
    The intent is likely to control the placement of the Y-250 vortext that comes off the inner edge of the front wings. They then turn it around the sidepods and it helps 'seal' the floor to increase overall downforce. The slight amount of lift produced by the bat-wing would be counter-acted by an overall increase in downforce on the rest of the car.

You can see the vortex in this shot from a few years back:

http://www.formulapassion.it/2015/10...nit-ad-austin/

Filisetti claims there are reliability upgrades on new power unit and that there is increased in efficiency and fuel consumption.

http://blog.quotidiano.net/turrini/2...-ferrari-2016/

What to expect from Ferrari in 2016

I tell you that in Maranello are convinced that we can fight with the Silver Arrow, in the coming season.

The machine that Seb and Kimi will drive will be very different in the front and in the rear.
    Turrini is hardly an over optimistic person, rather reserved type not to give false hope. So I'd assume he has a solid source to say that in public this early. On the other hand with the current gap and the time Mercedes will find between the seasons, we need to improve about 1 second over the winter, preferably a few more tenths to truly compete on even ground. Is it really doable?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilsan View Post
    http://blog.quotidiano.net/turrini/2...-ferrari-2016/

Turrini is hardly an over optimistic person, rather reserved type not to give false hope. So I'd assume he has a solid source to say that in public this early. On the other hand with the current gap and the time Mercedes will find between the seasons, we need to improve about 1 second over the winter, preferably a few more tenths to truly compete on even ground. Is it really doable?
    I read each turrini blog since two years and he's very passionnate about ferrari but also very realistic.
    He has friends inside the team With accurate informations.
    One thing Is sure , the team Is absolutely certain to give Seb and kimi a car which will be a big step above.
    He said a totally different car philosophy .
    Goods reasons to be excited i believe..

Is it true Merc has a 40 Hp advantage over Ferrari?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Is it true Merc has a 40 Hp advantage over Ferrari?
    It is true but not to that extent, I'd say 5 maybe 10 max. The difference now comes mostly from chassis and aero.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    It is true but not to that extent, I'd say 5 maybe 10 max. The difference now comes mostly from chassis and aero.
    I still think it is the engine more. McLaren and Red Bull are said to be let down by the engine and have a good chassis and Singapore and Hungary are used as proof of this by many but they are the 2 races Ferrari won on pure pace. When a circuit is a power track Williams seem ti challenge Ferrari. At Spa which has both Ferrari had their hardest race this year as they had to take wing off to be good in high speed area which killed them in S2. Merc could run visibly more wing but maintain a slightly higher top speed than Ferrari then with that wing kill Ferrari in the twisty s2. The chassis being rubbish and the engine good is a myth that keeps getting spoken all year in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    I still think it is the engine more. McLaren and Red Bull are said to be let down by the engine and have a good chassis and Singapore and Hungary are used as proof of this by many but they are the 2 races Ferrari won on pure pace. When a circuit is a power track Williams seem ti challenge Ferrari. At Spa which has both Ferrari had their hardest race this year as they had to take wing off to be good in high speed area which killed them in S2. Merc could run visibly more wing but maintain a slightly higher top speed than Ferrari then with that wing kill Ferrari in the twisty s2. The chassis being rubbish and the engine good is a myth that keeps getting spoken all year in my opinion.
    So Mexican GP will than be a tough on us. Very longs straights and fast corners....

High speed corners are our Achilles' heel this year. It's not a coincidence that we struggled the most in Barcelona, Silverstone, Spa and Maurizio explicitly said Suzuka would be tough for us because the circuit characteristics. (Later he measured their performance against Silverstone's.)

The chassis is not mediocre by any means. It's obviously a well balanced car that is not too difficult to set up and can be competitive in most conditions. But I do think it has fundamental issues and relatively speaking behind the engine side.

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    Singapore is a different case. You can add more downforce more easily if you don't care about the straight line speed. That doesn't mean Ferrari have better chassis than Red Bull. Also, Williams have one of the most aerodynamically efficient cars because they don't really care about downforce. You can sort of trade off downforce for straight line speed.

I know a few have asked about Jock Clear, MA has confirmed he is joining next year

"There is only one person that you all know is coming next year [ex-Mercedes engineer Jock Clear] but this person is not going to change the structure of the team, he comes inside the team as a new person."

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...zio-arrivabene

New monkey seat,tested in Austria :