Thread: Visiting Australian Grand Prix 2016

Smile Visiting Australian Grand Prix 2016

Hi Friends,
    I am planning to go for my first ever grand prix in Australia next year. I just need to buy the grand prix tickets and want to know which ones are the best (four corners, grandstand etc) and which one to buy. my flights and accommodation is sorted. I just want all the best possible help to make this a very memorable and enjoyable event. I am really excited. Thanks

Hi, I went to the Australian GP this year and am going again in 2016. We had a 4 day pass in the World Champion Grandstand (which unfortunately was Lewis Hamilton but if SEB wins this year’s title it will be SEB in 2016). Even though it was a Hamilton stand the majority of the crowd was made up of Ferrari Fans. It is a great Grandstand as it is undercover, private bar, fantastic catering, close to toilets and only for people in those Grandstands and many more things. The view is great as they fly into turn 3 then power towards you into turn 4 and then stick the boot in and head up the road towards turn 5. You won’t miss any of the action as there is a huge screen in front of you. 4 Corners is OK but you could be seated low and only see the fence that is why we choose one Granstand and we sit high so that we can see the track clearly for great photos. We walked around and saw the F1 cars during the practice sessions from different points of the track and I think that is a great way to see everything, we do this at all the tracks we travel too. In Melbourne we have sat in most of the Grandstands and we thought that this year’s choice was the best, whatever your choice you will love it!!!2015-03-12 17.33.18.jpg2015-03-13 12.49.03.jpg2015-03-15 17.41.54.jpg
    Last edited by No1.FerrariFan!; 7th August 2015 at 05:35. Reason: Adding picture

Quote Originally Posted by No1.FerrariFan! View Post
    Hi, I went to the Australian GP this year and am going again in 2016. We had a 4 day pass in the World Champion Grandstand (which unfortunately was Lewis Hamilton but if SEB wins this year’s title it will be SEB in 2016). Even though it was a Hamilton stand the majority of the crowd was made up of Ferrari Fans. It is a great Grandstand as it is undercover, private bar, fantastic catering, close to toilets and only for people in those Grandstands and many more things. The view is great as they fly into turn 3 then power towards you into turn 4 and then stick the boot in and head up the road towards turn 5. You won’t miss any of the action as there is a huge screen in front of you. 4 Corners is OK but you could be seated low and only see the fence that is why we choose one Granstand and we sit high so that we can see the track clearly for great photos. We walked around and saw the F1 cars during the practice sessions from different points of the track and I think that is a great way to see everything, we do this at all the tracks we travel too. In Melbourne we have sat in most of the Grandstands and we thought that this year’s choice was the best, whatever your choice you will love it!!!2015-03-12 17.33.18.jpg2015-03-13 12.49.03.jpg2015-03-15 17.41.54.jpg
    Wow. I am already getting goose bumps. Thanks a lot no1 Ferrari fan. How is jones or brabham grandstands. Can one see the action at turn one and hear 22 cars. How is the facilities at these stands. Is a 4 day pass worthed. Cheers mate

Hi FF1, all the grandstands are great and you wont be dissapointed where ever you choose to sit. Jones and Brabham are great vantage points! Behind Jones there is one of 2 main areas where you can buy food, merchandise, watch concerts, go to the toilet and access the bars but they are usually packed as this is an area that all can enjoy. Behind Brabham you have another main area, this area includes entry to Paddock Club and where you can stand to see and grab autographs from drivers as they arrive at the track but much the same as the first area you will have to wait for toilets, alcohol/drinks, food alot longer as it is packed with people. The track is extremely easy to get around so you have the opportunity to explore. Where ever you sit you will be close to the action!!!

Thanks a lot. Much appreciated

Hi FF1.
    I have been a fair few times and will be going again next year as well.
    Imo, the 4 corners grandstand is the best way to see the race wkend, and i would normally choose the Brabham Sunday option as it is the best stand without doubt to see the race. Fangio isnt too bad either. If you buy your tickets early, like now, you should be able to choose the seat you want. The higher you are, the better.
    This year though, for the 1st time in Aus GP history, there will be a Ferrari supporters stand, which fitting enough, is on the Schumacher stand, which is located in the 2 last corners. If you are a member of the Scuderia Ferrari club, u can buy tickets in this section right now. Or else you can still buy a seat in the same grandstand, on either side of the Ferrari supporters section, thats where ill be this time.
    ALSO. If you buy your ticket, any ticket (on the Ausgp website) before the end of November, you will get a morning pit lane walk on the Thursday of the event, and also access to the top of the pit building where you will get awesome views of the pit straight and pit lane, and trust me, this is unbelievable if Ferrari decide to come out and practise pit stops, which normally they do. Also, on the Sunday morning, you get to walk along pit straight.
    Have a look on their website www.grandprix.com.au and you can have a look at all the different options yourself in detail. For example they have 360 views from the grandstands so you can actually get an idea of what the views are like.
    If you need any extra info ill be happy to help.
    You can view my photos from 2013 here too if you want... https://flic.kr/s/aHsjEqzXxG

Ciao
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

For next year, the Scuderia Ferrari Club Melbourne will arange a special Ferrari grandstand. You can search them on facebook for details I think
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Wow, thanks dfunk257. Great pics. Hey what events take place on Thursday? Do you get enough time to buy merchandise before or after the race? I have heard that there is a shop in Melbourne that sell F1 merchandise during the week of the grand prix and they are discounted?. Thanks friends for all you help

Quote Originally Posted by FF1 View Post
    Wow, thanks dfunk257. Great pics. Hey what events take place on Thursday? Do you get enough time to buy merchandise before or after the race? I have heard that there is a shop in Melbourne that sell F1 merchandise during the week of the grand prix and they are discounted?. Thanks friends for all you help
    The F1 shop in Melbourne is open every day of the year, but in my opinion do NOT sell at discounted prices, in fact i think they are more expensive, especially during the grand prix. If you are there on the Thursday of the grand prix get what you want that day at the track because as the weekend goes on more and more merchandise will sell out. There are loads of merchandise stalls around the track so you should find what you want. The F1 shop in Melbourne also sell the same things, and also hard to find memorabilia, like signed items and stuff like that, but at a price of course. Its worth going just to have a look if you want, and if if you are willing to spend the money, get something.

There is no F1 on Thursday, besides a speed comparison display which normally features a road car, a V8 supercar and an old F1 car, prob from 2012 or something. BUT, if you get GP Advantage tickets, you will have access to morning and afternoon pit lane walks, and access on top of the pit building. ONLY ON THURSDAY. Thats the only really good thing about going on the Thursday.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!