Thread: Ferrari may discontinue driver academy to focus finance on racing team.

Ferrari may discontinue driver academy to focus finance on racing team.

Ferrari don't seem to want to use their FDA young drivers in the way that Red Bull do, so why have the FDA if it serves little purpose in the long term? Jules had waited a long time and sadly it was too late.

Lance Stroll is quite good. I believe he will race for Ferrari in the future.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Haha, the richest F1 team who gets so much money for existing in F1 needs to "focus" on finances. This doesn't seem like the real reason.
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerKing View Post
    Haha, the richest F1 team who gets so much money for existing in F1 needs to "focus" on finances. This doesn't seem like the real reason.
    I think they finally understand the number one priority is to build a fast car. The F1 of old is gone forever. Drivers are not nearly as important as the car in the current racing format.
    If Ferrari builds winning cars, they will have no problem attracting the best drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hajj View Post
    I think they finally understand the number one priority is to build a fast car. The F1 of old is gone forever. Drivers are not nearly as important as the car in the current racing format.
    If Ferrari builds winning cars, they will have no problem attracting the best drivers.
    Very true, the car has almost always been the reason for a driver's success, but what happened to the cost-cutting? Supposedly team's budgets are restricted, or have I missed something? Can Ferrari just use any savings made by abandoning the FDA to spend on car development?

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Ferrari don't seem to want to use their FDA young drivers in the way that Red Bull do, so why have the FDA if it serves little purpose in the long term? Jules had waited a long time and sadly it was too late.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by The Hajj View Post
    I believe Ferrari already got 2 of the best drivers , Seb maybe the best. We did lose Alonso. Yes where's that winning car ? Forget waiting for 2016, we still have 1/2 a season to go right now.

No need of a driver academy if you ask me, we never use those drivers.
    I'm up for only sponsoring certain individual drivers that show a lot of prospect, not a whole academy.