Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Haas announce Grosjean for 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Who are the drivers you are reffering to? And what teams? Ferrari was, is and always will be #1, #2 driver, with team orders. Schumy Jr. for sure is never going to be asked to move over for his teamate esp. the likes of Grosjean, or any other driver for that matter that decides to take the #2 seat @ Ferrari. Except for Maaaybe Lewis!
    Kimi for example has never been nr.1 or nr.2 driver.
    he has got and he has given help to/from his team mate, but only when there was only 1 Ferrari in the WDC fight.

I strongly believe that they'll start season 2016 from exactly same line and who ever has better chance to the title, will get
    the samekind of support that Kimi has promised to give Seb as long it's possible for Seb to win the title.

Winter, I would like to believe you and Abbott that there is no #1, #2 driver at Ferrari. Both drivers will be treated equally, even starting 2016. As many fans have stated here that Ferrari is a team with tradition, around from the begining of F1. Under new management perhaps your right and the #1 #2 tradition will end. I just can't see it happening esp. with Seb. He is doing a terrific job first time with Ferrari and IMO he believes he is and will be the #1 driver. And if he is and will be , he certainly deserves the spot so far. Podiums and a win don't come easy for Ferrari with Merc dominating the sport, but he's doing it despite the odds. I thought it was great reading how all Grosjean is thinking about is getting a seat at Ferrari some day in the future and hooking up with Haas, he believes will help lead the way.

I respect Kimi's team loyalty, he's saying and doing what he thinks is right. Seb got him by 99 pts. and Seb is 59 pts behind Lewis. Kimi will definitly move over for Seb seeing Seb has a shot.
    And so what? He has already came out and said he will help Seb out as much as he can when he can. So, no problem. Its called, team work.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Winter, I would like to believe you and Abbott that there is no #1, #2 driver at Ferrari. Both drivers will be treated equally, even starting 2016. As many fans have stated here that Ferrari is a team with tradition, around from the begining of F1. Under new management perhaps your right and the #1 #2 tradition will end. I just can't see it happening esp. with Seb. He is doing a terrific job first time with Ferrari and IMO he believes he is and will be the #1 driver. And if he is and will be , he certainly deserves the spot so far. Podiums and a win don't come easy for Ferrari with Merc dominating the sport, but he's doing it despite the odds. I thought it was great reading how all Grosjean is thinking about is getting a seat at Ferrari some day in the future and hooking up with Haas, he believes will help lead the way.
    There is no #1 or #2 under the new management. Thats one of the reasons Fernando got upset when Marco came in and Sergio, as they didnt agree with the status he had got himself and how it had split the team.

Anyway, yet again thread gone off topic thanks to Brembos team orders rants.

If Grojean shows well next year, think we may see him in second car with Seb. But between now and then, alot can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Anyway, yet again thread gone off topic thanks to Brembos team orders rants.

If Grojean shows well next year, think we may see him in second car with Seb. But between now and then, alot can happen.

Haas announce Grosjean for 2016

There is no #1 or #2 under the new management. Thats one of the reasons Fernando got upset when Marco came in and Sergio, as they didnt agree with the status he had got himself and how it had split the team.
    Can you substantiate it? I can't believe now you have started making stories

Glad Grosjean finally leaves Lotus, wonder what's gonna happen with his teammate Maldonado now that they have been taken over by Renault and thus don't need his money anymore.

And where does it say Fernando got upset by this?

Maldonado has a contract for 2016. Renault traditionally have had strong ties with Total (Elf) so it might be strange to see both oil companies to continue with Renault but stranger things have been seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    And where does it say Fernando got upset by this?
    Where did I mention Alonso? Although he did leave now that you brought it up.

Can you substantiate it? I can't believe now you have started making stories
    i do not need to defend myself. I have contacts within Scuderia Ferrari and Ferrari family who told me.

i do not need to defend myself. I have contacts within Scuderia Ferrari and Ferrari family who told me.
    I respect your sources, but I also have friends working as mechanics in Ferrari. They have told me that Alonso was always confident about his caliber & never object to Raikkonen's proposal as his team mate. Lot of people in the team knew beforehand that Alonso will trounce Raikkonen. Let's be honest, except for Hakkinen, everybody expected that. Alonso leaving Ferrari had to do with his patience & not his status

I respect your sources, but I also have friends working as mechanics in Ferrari. They have told me that Alonso was always confident about his caliber & never object to Raikkonen's proposal as his team mate. Lot of people in the team knew beforehand that Alonso will trounce Raikkonen. Let's be honest, except for Hakkinen, everybody expected that. Alonso leaving Ferrari had to do with his patience & not his status
    As i respect yours, and your views. but you think he looked at this years car and thought, no dont like what i see im off? no. The divide started Hockenhiem 2010. Sorry to say.

Anyway, im not going in this much more, as respect your views and and i have mine, i understand you big Fernando fan, so will leave it there. Lets agree to disagree.

As i respect yours, and your views. but you think he looked at this years car and thought, no dont like what i see im off? no. The divide started Hockenhiem 2010. Sorry to say.

Anyway, im not going in this much more, as respect your views and and i have mine, i understand you big Fernando fan, so will leave it there. Lets agree to disagree.
    That's fine, just one correction, a Ferrari fan here & Fernando is one of the Ferrari drivers in my all time best drives list

Rishu, I could not agree more. Alonso plain and simple ran out of patience, driving probably with more heart than anyone else on the track for himself and Ferrari to do good. He never thought he wasn't #1 driver. The car wasn't #1. Car wise, Ferrari [Tradicion in F1 ] giving it up to Merc? Driver wise, Alonso giving it up to Lewis? Anyway Haas is in Grosjean's mind a stepping stone to the Ferrari seat he dreams about. I wish him the best, and I believe he will sign up knowing Seb is the #1 driver from race 1 to the end. Just as a team driver should think even if I don't like it. Grosjean's cool, but I prefer Nasr for Ferrari's next driver. Age wise, he's good to go for the next 10 yrs. as a driver, And as of now he's doing great. 17pts. to his rookie name.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    What on earth are you laughing about ?? Are you new here /

I know there is no number 1 and number 2 driver under the new management but i think the one driver is at least a bit more under favor. But in any case the one that is not fully in favor at least gets the chance to prove himself that he can be better. For example i think 2008 of course Kimi was under favor a bit but then Massa was better and he succeeded to gain that status.

Bottom line... glad to see Romain get a seat with a team that seems well organised, should have much less drama than Lotus had this season & is powered by Ferrari!
    Darn good move, IMO.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

And so what? He has already came out and said he will help Seb out as much as he can when he can. So, no problem. Its called, team work.
    I'm sure Grosjean will also say and do it. Help Seb out as much as he can, team work. Now ask Seb for the same team work, to help the future Grosejean out as much as he can to win the title at Ferrari if he's in the points. No #1, driver at Ferrari, both equal with new management. Good luck to Grosejean with that! I believe Seb deserves and will have the non existing Ferrari #1 spot if and when Grosjean or anyone else comes to Ferrari.

I'm sure Grosjean will also say and do it. Help Seb out as much as he can, team work. Now ask Seb for the same team work, to help the future Grosejean out as much as he can to win the title at Ferrari if he's in the points. No #1, driver at Ferrari, both equal with new management. Good luck to Grosejean with that! I believe Seb deserves and will have the non existing Ferrari #1 spot if and when Grosjean or anyone else comes to Ferrari.
    I think he would help support Grosjean if he was leading by a fair margin and his championship depended on it. Like Rob said, it's a team sport. These guys are all being paid boat loads of money to do what their bosses tell them while living the life.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I think he would help support Grosjean if he was leading by a fair margin and his championship depended on it. Like Rob said, it's a team sport. These guys are all being paid boat loads of money to do what their bosses tell them while living the life.
    Sounds good to me. F1 a team sport. Merc a good example, on top through Nico and Lewis helping each other when ever they can, for the teams sake. Bottas and Felipe looking out for the team and to help each other . WCC is the main concern in a team sport as is F1. Not a bad way of looking at F1. Like you say, they sure get paid enough. And like you also said, if Grosjean comes to Ferrari and starts right off leading Seb in points by a fair margin, Seb will do whatever he can to help Grosjean and the team putting self interest aside. Ferrari, now under new management is a true team sport F1 team.
    Last edited by Brembo; 5th October 2015 at 07:36.

Sounds good to me. F1 a team sport. Merc a good example, on top through Nico and Lewis helping each other when ever they can, for the teams sake. Bottas and Felipe looking out for the team and to help each other . WCC is the main concern in a team sport as is F1. Not a bad way of looking at F1. Like you say, they sure get paid enough. And like you also said, if Grosjean comes to Ferrari and starts right off leading Seb in points by a fair margin, Seb will do whatever he can to help Grosjean and the team putting self interest aside. Ferrari, now under new management is a true team sport F1 team.
    Vettel need to have a very bad performance in order for Grosjean to be preferred. Of course Vettel will be privileged, he is the one that is more marketable then Grosjean. The #1 and #2 strategy still exists. Its just more subtle now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Vettel need to have a very bad performance in order for Grosjean to be preferred. Of course Vettel will be privileged, he is the one that is more marketable then Grosjean. The #1 and #2 strategy still exists. Its just more subtle now.
    France and Switzerland isn't too small of a market :)
    If anything maybe an American, Chinese or Indian should be up for driving in that case.
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerKing View Post
    If anything maybe an American, Chinese or Indian should be up for driving in that case.
    Tigre, I have to believe it's Seb's F1 achievements including this year so far that makes him more "Marketable" in F1, not his origin at all. Lewis' being a top marketing driver in F1 is for sure for his ability and performance on the track, not necessarily his origin. If there is ever to be a return of #1 status to Ferrari, I believe it will be Seb before any newcomer short of Lewis arrivas.
    Last edited by Brembo; 6th October 2015 at 09:53.

I wasn't talking about his origin and the flag he is racing under. The accomplishments and the performance are making Vettel more marketable. Hell, now that Vettel is a Ferrari driver half of France and Switzerland wouldn't be sorry if he is the champion in front of Grosjean :D

Anyone can be marketable if given the opportunity. Grosjean hasn't been given a WDC capable win in car since his revival. If he's given a Ferrari or Mercedes (or Renault had he stayed), he would surely be a marketable driver.
    The car is 50% of achievements if not more IMO.
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

Anyone can be marketable if given the opportunity. Grosjean hasn't been given a WDC capable win in car since his revival. If he's given a Ferrari or Mercedes (or Renault had he stayed), he would surely be a marketable driver.
    The car is 50% of achievements if not more IMO.
    Of course everyone can be marketable. But Vettel is already a 4 time WDC, that's why he will always have an advantage. But if it happens that he somehow lose his performance then i guess Grosjean will have a chance to go for the WDC. Similar to 2008 when Massa was obviously the better driver and was given a chance.
    Last edited by Stormy; 6th October 2015 at 21:36.

Wow, way too many hypothetical scenarios for my old brain to process!

I just hope my thoughts about Haas F1 are proved true & they are more competitive than some of the previous start-ups, give Romain a platform to show his stuff! Plenty of time in the future for guessing games
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio