Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Losing top drivers, three car teams and RBR/STR. What if?

I can understand why people are taking issue with Red Bull's behavior at the moment, but I think people need to keep in mind they are not the only one who have threatened to quit. Ferrari have done it before in the past in relation to the Concord Agreement. Merc and Renault too have done so when F1 was planning for a new engine formula. That's how F1's politics goes. No any good drama in F1 goes without someone threatening to quit

Not that I'm blaming anyone though. The politics of F1 is very complex, and when it involve spending millions of dollars annually, everyone is going to be as aggressive in the politics as they do on the race track.

There's another option, STR stays with Ferrari power and Red Bull goes.
    Only 2 drivers left out in the open, Ric can go to Renault and Kvyat to haas

Solved :)
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    There's another option, STR stays with Ferrari power and Red Bull goes.
    Only 2 drivers left out in the open, Ric can go to Renault and Kvyat to haas

Solved :)
    Ricciardo to Renault hasn't been brought up has it? That sounds good (although i'd prefer a Frenchman in Renault but alas)
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I can understand why people are taking issue with Red Bull's behavior at the moment, but I think people need to keep in mind they are not the only one who have threatened to quit. Ferrari have done it before in the past in relation to the Concord Agreement. Merc and Renault too have done so when F1 was planning for a new engine formula. That's how F1's politics goes. No any good drama in F1 goes without someone threatening to quit

Not that I'm blaming anyone though. The politics of F1 is very complex, and when it involve spending millions of dollars annually, everyone is going to be as aggressive in the politics as they do on the race track.
    There are huge differences in the set by you example.
    Yes Ferrari has threatened, more than once with leaving F1. But name me one time that they tried to do this by asking another team to give them something in return for them to stay.

I doubt you'll find something.

The way RBR demands a deal from Ferrari, by either they get what they want FROM A TEAM or they quit, is unethical, distasteful, and with all respect makes me want to puke.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Whenever Ferrari has threatened to leave, it was mostly due to the Formula (someway to make the sport more exciting). Of course it was highly motivated by Ferrari wanting to do well but let's face it, Formula One needs Ferrari as much as we need it- a lot.
    Although our brand is one of the most recognizable, leaving F1 would be stupid. Every true Ferrari fan cheers it on in Formula One primarily.
    Red Bull has no real stock, however, there are many RBR fans in the USA (new fans) but i doubt they will stop watching because a urine producing company decided on quitting. If Dietrich Mateovic (sorry) is smart, he'll move his resources to Toro Rosso and rename it Red Bull Toro Rosso. He'll still get the branding and he can compete next year. Unfortunately his driver's academy will be gone but as so many F1 fans say: LIFE ISN'T FAIR
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.