Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Russian GP 2015 Race

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    i didnt see the race.. it looks like kimi kept holding to his line and botas turned in to him. Not sure how that is kimis fault. In fact I would say that is botas fault. How are you supposed to race if you cant be aggressive. Its better if the drivers just sit down during the race and play snakes/shoots and ladders or something instead of wasting fuel.
    Bottas had the correct line and Kimi was behind him. There was no way that could have ended cleanly and Kimi should have known that.

Disappointed Since 2010

Bottas left the inside wide open and KR went for it. When Bottas was coming across the track for apex KR was already approaching apex on his line and despite locking his brakes could no longer avoid the contact when both of them were heading for same apex. Rookie mistake from Bottas to not defend there by choosing a mid track line.

Mad Officer on track touched by Vettel

Scuderia Ferrari, la Scuderia più vincente nella storia della Formula 1.
    16 Titoli Costruttori & 15 Titoli Piloti.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Bottas had the correct line and Kimi was behind him. There was no way that could have ended cleanly and Kimi should have known that.
    Indeed, Kimi way off line and way too quick he was was never taking that corner.

If it was the other way round the Kimi fans would also blame Bottas.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Bottas left the inside wide open and KR went for it. When Bottas was coming across the track for apex KR was already approaching apex on his line and despite locking his brakes could no longer avoid the contact when both of them were heading for same apex. Rookie mistake from Bottas to not defend there by choosing a mid track line.
    This is what I saw as well. Aint this similar to ricciardo and rosbergs incident in hungary? Where rosberg didn't close the inside to turn one and ricciardo dove for the inside line. I find the "I didn't see him" excuse abused too much. I mean, how can't Bottas see Kimi? Which side of the car was he looking at on that right hand turn? On the left? He was leading and knew that the corner was a right hander, why wouldn't he see Kimi from a far?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    In F1, you can't bump other driver off the racing line. Sending another driver into the barrier because of blind aggression is not what we need.

The alternative isn't to fall back do nothing of course, but to know how to make a move that actually works. For example, earlier Kimi did pass Bottas at that very same corner. What Bottas did was instead of putting himself on a collision course with Kimi, he let Kimi through and took a tighter entrance into the corner, which allowed him to accelerate better and retook his position.

We have to keep in mind that these cars are very fast. So as to what we have to lose, it's safety that we risk losing. At a faster corner, Bottas' impact would have been heavier. This is why the FIA takes collision seriously.
    I am by no means saying that bling aggression is what is needed, however without aggression, racing is just a parade. No, purposefully causing a collision to eliminate another driver is wrong (thought I am sure some Senna fans would disagree) but if it happens because of the result of an over zealous move, its a racing incident, nothing more. What should they do? Just sit there waiting for the other driver to let them past? This isn't a country club social, its freakin' racing! Sometimes you trade paint, its par for the course. Should the drivers write a former letter of intent and curtsy to each other before they pass? Kimi thoguht he could make it, he war wrong. Crap happens. To dock him 30 seconds is asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    i didnt see the race.. it looks like kimi kept holding to his line and botas turned in to him. Not sure how that is kimis fault. In fact I would say that is botas fault. How are you supposed to race if you cant be aggressive. Its better if the drivers just sit down during the race and play snakes/shoots and ladders or something instead of wasting fuel.
    I don't buy the BS that Bottas didn't see see Kimi. These guys are not Nana driving to the supermarket in her stationwagon (estate car for those across the pond.) These guys are the best in the world! I understand the restrictions caused by the cockpit bolsters, the high bulk head in front, the small mirrors, but these guys have instincts. They know exactly where their opponent is. Bottas was just hoping Kimi would not stick his nose in there, and Kimi was hoping Bottas would get scared and take a wider line. They were both wrong, that should have been the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I don't buy the BS that Bottas didn't see see Kimi.
    I doubt many drivers are looking in the mirror in a corner, Bottas would have looked before the corner seen Kimi 2 miles back.

Makes no difference if Bottas seen him or not, Kimi was way too late and never making the corner and by doing so he caused a collision.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Indeed, Kimi way off line and way too quick he was was never taking that corner.

I for one admit if it was someone to blame it would be Kimi. That being said I think bottas's " i didn't see him" is a poor excuse (and a popular one for the driver ahead to wash his hands on the matter) kimi was way faster, it's the last lap, he tried the same 15 minutes ago. Bottas should've watched his mirrors NO ARGUMENTS ABOUT THAT ! Bottas shot the door and expected kimi to brake, kimi had nowhere to go. All in all it was Kimi being overly optimistic with the move but bottas didn't help by not leaving ANY SPACE at all. Kimi was to aggressive attacking, Bottas was to aggressive defending. I for one am not bothered with Kimi, yes he made an error but he was aggressive and its nice to see him still give a damn and going for it. We had nothing to lose here, he stays 4th in the WDC, Ferrari keeps an easy 2nd in the WCC.

Kimi turned into Maldonado it's ok to just admit it, Bottas really done nothing wrong.

We did have something to lose, the move gave Mercedes the WCC...
    Forza Ferrari

I doubt many drivers are looking in the mirror in a corner, Bottas would have looked before the corner seen Kimi 2 miles back.

Makes no difference if Bottas seen him or not, Kimi was way too late and never making the corner and by doing so he caused a collision.
    In the pictures you can clearly see Bottas closing the door shut, i think he even took the corner to early. Like i said he should have watched the mirrors, when you have someone faster than you behind, in the last lap, in the same place he passed you 15 minutes ago, there is a big chance he will try again. I'm not excusing Kimi with this, its just stating the facts. If bottas would have gone just a little wider he would have kept his place and no collision. A good driver lets say Button, would have done that imo. Bottas has a small part of the blame and he paid for it.

Kimi turned into Maldonado it's ok to just admit it, Bottas really done nothing wrong.

To aggressive yes, Maldonado no way, you have to be born with that. Do you really believe that today was the day Mercs won the WCC? With 4 races to go it was done and dusted since the summer break...

That move was very Maldonado-esque. It was dumb when Ricciardo did it on Rosberg and it's dumb now.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    To aggressive yes, Maldonado no way, you have to be born with that. Do you really believe that today was the day Mercs won the WCC? With 4 races to go it was done and dusted since the summer break...
    Yesterday was the day they won it, yes.
    Forza Ferrari

#Arrivabene: '#Kimi7 and Bot? I'm not a steward but to me it was a racing accident'

Kimi Raikkonen: “All through the race the car was behaving well, especially after the pit stop, but then I was stuck behind other cars and had no speed on the straight, so it was hard to get past. In the final stages, I tried to overtake Valtteri in the same place I had passed him earlier in the race, I had a good run in turn 3 and in the next one there would have been enough space, so I decided to go for it. I don’t know if he was not expecting me at all or if he did not see me, but once I decided to go there was no way I could back off. I tried to turn inside as much as I could, but there was no way to go and in the end we collided. It is an unfortunate thing for us and for them, nobody want to have an accident even if it’s part of racing. It’s really a shame, but my move was based on a good chance and not something completely crazy.”

Scuderia Ferrari: It’s said that drivers aren’t what they used to be. What with DRS and tyre strategy some reckon they’ve lost their taste for overtaking.
    Then, when one of them gives it a go – on the last lap, rather than just after the start, which would have been pretty dumb – he gets hit with a 30 second penalty.
    Well, the all-Finnish collision at turn 4 saw Bottas lose a possible podium, on the assumption that he’d have managed to stay ahead and Kimi crossed the line with more sparks flying off the bottom of his car than a Catherine Wheel. More than likely, it was the perception of a strong result lost that led the stewards to be heavy handed.

#Arrivabene: '#Kimi7 and Bot? I'm not a steward but to me it was a racing accident'

Kimi Raikkonen: “All through the race the car was behaving well, especially after the pit stop, but then I was stuck behind other cars and had no speed on the straight, so it was hard to get past. In the final stages, I tried to overtake Valtteri in the same place I had passed him earlier in the race, I had a good run in turn 3 and in the next one there would have been enough space, so I decided to go for it. I don’t know if he was not expecting me at all or if he did not see me, but once I decided to go there was no way I could back off. I tried to turn inside as much as I could, but there was no way to go and in the end we collided. It is an unfortunate thing for us and for them, nobody want to have an accident even if it’s part of racing. It’s really a shame, but my move was based on a good chance and not something completely crazy.”

Scuderia Ferrari: It’s said that drivers aren’t what they used to be. What with DRS and tyre strategy some reckon they’ve lost their taste for overtaking.
    Then, when one of them gives it a go – on the last lap, rather than just after the start, which would have been pretty dumb – he gets hit with a 30 second penalty.
    Well, the all-Finnish collision at turn 4 saw Bottas lose a possible podium, on the assumption that he’d have managed to stay ahead and Kimi crossed the line with more sparks flying off the bottom of his car than a Catherine Wheel. More than likely, it was the perception of a strong result lost that led the stewards to be heavy handed.
    Of course Arrivabene and SF are going to back their driver. It doesn't change the fact it was poor judgement. I've made the same mistake karting.

Disappointed Since 2010

It is good that someone does back their driver.

To me it remains a racing incident.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...0616013741.gif
    Looks good, cant take my eyes off of it

Oh yes, on another note I believe Vettel was 2nd in the race.

Of course Arrivabene and SF are going to back their driver. It doesn't change the fact it was poor judgement. I've made the same mistake karting.
    Tell you what though, bottas will be looking twice now before shutting the door

Tell you what though, bottas will be looking twice now before shutting the door
    More "kimifan" twisting of reality?

He never shut the door.
    Forza Ferrari

Racing accident or not, I do believe the penalty was indeed heavy handed//over the top.
    They could have given him a 5 place grid for next race for example. But to take away the MFTR points
    we wouldve earned is a trash decision.
    Mabey Kimi couldnt make it work, he tried, it failed..it was a racing incident.
    By the way Giallo550, I tried those karting also lol. Sometimes they work, sometimes you get the nasty.
    Im glad he went for it.

Oh, n congrats to Ferrari/Vettel for the great race n finish.

On another note, how does Vettel know Hamilton's hotel room? Or did he give out his own room number or something?
    Kidding of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Racing accident or not, I do believe the penalty was indeed heavy handed//over the top.
    They could have given him a 5 place grid for next race for example. But to take away the MFTR points
    we wouldve earned is a trash decision.
    Mabey Kimi couldnt make it work, he tried, it failed..it was a racing incident.
    By the way Giallo550, I tried those karting also lol. Sometimes they work, sometimes you get the nasty.
    Im glad he went for it.
    He should've known better then making that move. But yeah, i also think that the penalty was to harsh. We've seen a lot of incidents similar to this and no such penalty was given.
    I think because it was a battle for third place the penalty was that big.

Kimis fault and all, but if Kimi would've been on Valtteris place, he most likely would've make the room and avoid the collision, as he has done so many times before when he has been the dive bombed one. In this season alone at least 2 times, Ricciardo(Monaco) and Verstappen (forgot which race).
    Last edited by Winter; 12th October 2015 at 19:58.

LOL!!

That's a new one. I thought Mercedes did it pretty much all by themselves.

Completely your fault, carts has no mirrors.

More "kimifan" twisting of reality?

He never shut the door.
    Neah to much kimi hating from your part to see it.

Neah to much kimi hating from your part to see it.
    I hate him cause he made a silly move? yeah course...again twisting reality.
    Forza Ferrari