Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Me and my wife these days!!
    Attachment 6683
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Attachment 6683

Its same here.

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    If there is no new nose then there isn't new FW
    Hard to know if its a new FW or just new paint job

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

fw.0301.jpg

It's the same wing Kimi ran on the first day of 2nd testing, though teams usually don't show off new bits before Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilsan View Post
    fw.0301.jpg

It's the same wing Kimi ran on the first day of 2nd testing, though teams usually don't show off new bits before Friday.
    Don't front wings have to pass the FiA deflection tests etc on Thursday if they plan to use them during the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Nand0Nand0 View Post
    Don't front wings have to pass the FiA deflection tests etc on Thursday if they plan to use them during the weekend?
    I think teams are free to test anything anytime as long as not tested parts don't hit the track. If they really want to be secretive (or when it hasn't arrived on time) test could be done on Friday morning or between practice sessions.
    What I initially meant was new parts are normally hidden from the prying eyes, not lying around the garage for all to see, although now I have come to accept the likelihood that there won't be new front/rear wings this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilsan View Post
    I think teams are free to test anything anytime as long as not tested parts don't hit the track. If they really want to be secretive (or when it hasn't arrived on time) test could be done on Friday morning or between practice sessions.
    What I initially meant was new parts are normally hidden from the prying eyes, not lying around the garage for all to see, although now I have come to accept the likelihood that there won't be new front/rear wings this week.
    Me too

Vettel has named his SF16-H "Margherita". Named after pizza flavors and Italian queen...
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    Vettel has named his SF16-H "Margherita". Named after pizza flavors and Italian queen...
    Nice. Hope he didn't have too much pizza in the break.

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    Doesn't matter, but I was preferring something like VICTORIA, for Victory

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Doesn't matter, but I was preferring something like VICTORIA, for Victory
    The same!!Vicky would be nice and prophetic.But if it wins.......!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Leo Turrini believes that Ferrari will be competitive especially in the race, but behind Mercedes in qualifying the differences are greater
    Turrini says it can not exceed win 3 GPs versus 16 GPs rival to fight for the title, he has never seen a 'miracle' in F1
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Attachment 6683
    You need to find a new wife. Mine watches with me, and would never miss a race.
    Cheers,
    Ray

"Other teams may be fast, but the poetry, the romance, of F1 racing belongs to Ferrari."-Dan Niel, LA Times

Quote Originally Posted by raylinds View Post
    You need to find a new wife. Mine watches with me, and would never miss a race.
    Lucky you!!Mine doesnt BUT does everything else so i have my pease and quite on GP weekends!!!
    So i think i will keep her for now!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

We'll see, we'll see soon...

Leo Turrini believes that Ferrari will be competitive especially in the race, but behind Mercedes in qualifying the differences are greater
    Turrini says it can not exceed win 3 GPs versus 16 GPs rival to fight for the title, he has never seen a 'miracle' in F1

Renault 0 wins 2004 followed by 2 titles.

Merc 4 wins 2013 followed by 2 titles.

This reasoning from this person does not hold true on 2 occasions in the not to distant past.

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post

This reasoning from this person does not hold true on 2 occasions in the not to distant past.

And Brawn 0 wins 2008 Champions 2009

But both Brawn and Mercedes won after major rule changes.

Well, LH has said he thinks Ferrari has got something up it's sleeve for Melbourne... for once I hope he's right! We'll find out real soon.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Don't want to be a pessimist but I was thinking:
    We won 3 races in 2015 and didn't have a chance for the title, because Merc won all the other races. In 2012 we also won 3 races and were in the WDC till the last race, because more drivers and team won. Everyone is hoping for us to catch up, but chances are small that another team is going to challenge Merc. This means that if we don't win, they probably win. So we need extreme rivalry between Lewis and Nico (which Merc is probably not going to allow if we are closer) and we need Kimi to make Mercs life though. So eventhough we could be very close, it will still be a long shot perhaps.

Also, the fact that Merc is Always saying how good we are et cetera, it think it's all PR. If they would have dominated testing, everybody would now they will win again so there is not a lot of interest in F1, if there is no interest in F1, that's not good for Merc if they are winning. Now they are saying we are close, and perhaps we are. I just have a feeling that they are still ahead, and that they will release an update or so (which probably is not a real real update) which will give them again a big gap from Barca or something, so then they can tell they did great development etc.
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Well, LH has said he thinks Ferrari has got something up it's sleeve for Melbourne... for once I hope he's right! We'll find out real soon.
    And Vet sounded pretty confident!!But he also said that "the question is if we are ready now".The way i see it is that this is still the "base" concept of the car but is a completly different one.So the team thinks that this is a realy fast car-a Merc beater-a championship winning car but propably it need some upgrades to be there,that they propably know exactly what it needs but they are not ready yet.When those upgrades arrive,we will be even ahead of them!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Don't want to be a pessimist but I was thinking:
    We won 3 races in 2015 and didn't have a chance for the title, because Merc won all the other races. In 2012 we also won 3 races and were in the WDC till the last race, because more drivers and team won. Everyone is hoping for us to catch up, but chances are small that another team is going to challenge Merc. This means that if we don't win, they probably win. So we need extreme rivalry between Lewis and Nico (which Merc is probably not going to allow if we are closer) and we need Kimi to make Mercs life though. So eventhough we could be very close, it will still be a long shot perhaps.

Also, the fact that Merc is Always saying how good we are et cetera, it think it's all PR. If they would have dominated testing, everybody would now they will win again so there is not a lot of interest in F1, if there is no interest in F1, that's not good for Merc if they are winning. Now they are saying we are close, and perhaps we are. I just have a feeling that they are still ahead, and that they will release an update or so (which probably is not a real real update) which will give them again a big gap from Barca or something, so then they can tell they did great development etc.
    this is the general thinking of mostly everybody.But to me ferrari also knows this senario and we are still confident!!So who knows maybe we have done something special with this car and we will see wonderfull things!!The onlt thing is (as Vet said) that we are not there yet,and if we are no we will be soon!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post

Both Cases, and also with Brawn in 2009 were following big rule changes. We will need to see what the situation is after a few races. Right now it is all speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Nice. Hope he didn't have too much pizza in the break.

Also in interview he said maybe its is drink not food
    Ferrari = 235 victories + 219 pole positions + 248 fastest laps = constructors championships 16

Ferrari tops F1 pre-season engine development token spending

Ferrari has emerged as the biggest spender of power unit development tokens over the winter ahead of the new Formula 1 season.

For this season each of the four manufacturers - Ferrari, Mercedes, Renault and Honda - has 32 tokens to use to develop its 1.6-litre V6 turbocharged hybrid system.

In line with the discussions that unfolded last year, and subsequent regulation changes, no area of the engine is now closed off to development.

However, the four manufacturers are each restricted to a certain number of tokens to spend on areas of the power unit, which for this season is set at 32.

The FIA has confirmed Ferrari has so far spent 23 tokens, with only nine remaining to use for the remainder of the campaign.

Mercedes has used up 19, Honda 18, with Renault only seven, leaving 25 to play with, allowing it to potentially make the most gains for this season.

The French manufacturer is back in F1 this year with its own works team, and believes it has already found 0.5s of performance over the winter with its engine.

TOKEN SPEND AHEAD OF AUSTRALIAN GP

Ferrari 23 (9 remaining)
    Honda 18 (14 remaining)
    Mercedes 19 (13 remaining)
    Renault 7 (25 remaining
    )
    Not the best thing but the real question is how good PU have we made with these 23 tokens??
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Not the best thing but the real question is how good PU have we made with these 23 tokens??
    Its good to see Ferrari have done a lot of development. I am sure it will be a big difference, but its all relative. I'm surprised Renault haven't made more changes... don't know what they are playing at really.

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Its good to see Ferrari have done a lot of development. I am sure it will be a big difference, but its all relative. I'm surprised Renault haven't made more changes... don't know what they are playing at really.
    It has been fairly widely discussed in the F1 media that while Renault had many unused tokens to spend, they didn't know where/how to use them to gain any performance improvements. This year Mario Illien (of Illmor) has been brought in to help with the development of the Renault PU, so I expect them to make progress during the season.

)
    Good or not, we'll find out when we get to high power tracks like Sepang. If we are on par with Merc, then I'd say we've made the most out of those tokens used.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Good or not, we'll find out when we get to high power tracks like Sepang. If we are on par with Merc, then I'd say we've made the most out of those tokens used.
    Exactly!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Don't forget we have to count three tokens last year on the PU which we didn't use on track.
    So the basic of improvement is 23+3 =26 tokens.
    Great job by the team !