Page 62 of 80 FirstFirst ... 12374849505152535455565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 2373

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Jock clear said Merc aren't using any tyre trickery. I'm sure he's looking like an idiot now in Marinello. Where did we even get this guy ? Like seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    I think, this is the key of Mercedes domination, they are dominating thru the Pirellis... Lets hope its banned...
    No! For sure that is not a key of their dominance!
    For sure they have found some trick how to exploit/use them better, and congratulations on that to them. Key of their dominance is the best package PU/CHASSIS. Simple as that!

I think it is, he PU is just a little better, the chassis Isn't t superior of Red Bull one, where is the trick ? Is in the way they manage the tires, they can get more miles from them and the working Windows is much bigger for them.

I can't assure you, but it feels true
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

In F1 it is all about limits, and when someone can get better (lower) tyre pressures than others, then they have huge advantage, because they have much better grip.

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    Jock clear said Merc aren't using any tyre trickery. I'm sure he's looking like an idiot now in Marinello. Where did we even get this guy ? Like seriously
    We got him from Mercedes

I wouldn't call heating the tyres, rims & suspension members "tyre trickery" TBH. The reporters started calling it that when they speculated about secret chambers in the rim to bleed off the unwanted pressure or hidden valves that they could actuate to lower pressures after the race began. Maybe some tried those, but heating method seems so much simpler!

You'd think the FIA & Pirelli would solve teams getting around the spirit or intent of the rule rather quickly if they're so concerned about it being unsafe - that's what I don't understand!

How hard is it to say your tyre press during the race needs to be at least "X" PSI at a certain temperature, if yours are hotter when we check them, we will apply known correction factors to determine compliance?
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    I wouldn't call heating the tyres, rims & suspension members "tyre trickery" TBH. The reporters started calling it that when they speculated about secret chambers in the rim to bleed off the unwanted pressure or hidden valves that they could actuate to lower pressures after the race began. Maybe some tried those, but heating method seems so much simpler!

You'd think the FIA & Pirelli would solve teams getting around the spirit or intent of the rule rather quickly if they're so concerned about it being unsafe - that's what I don't understand!

How hard is it to say your tyre press during the race needs to be at least "X" PSI at a certain temperature, if yours are hotter when we check them, we will apply known correction factors to determine compliance?
    The problem is, that they are not useing calibrated and unificated sensors. Every team is using what they want, so FIA can not mesure the pressures until this is changed.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/f...-11474260.html

New fuel and ICE for both drivers. 1 token spent on ICE.

according to Italian media Vettel will change the gearbox. 5 place grid penalty

http://blog.quotidiano.net/turrini/2...-5-in-griglia/

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    according to Italian media Vettel will change the gearbox. 5 place grid penalty

http://blog.quotidiano.net/turrini/2...-5-in-griglia/

if that's true, that is NOT a good way to start the weekend...i wonder why they had to change it
    but rules are rules, it happened to Perez last race...and is NOT fare to the driver

They are still investigating and will make a decision tomorrow. I wonder if it would be wiser to take the penalty instead of taking the risk during the race.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ve...ustria-793735/

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    They are still investigating and will make a decision tomorrow. I wonder if it would be wiser to take the penalty instead of taking the risk during the race.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ve...ustria-793735/
    It's official now (in italian)
    http://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/fer...vettel-793819/

Some metalic debris was found in the gearbox oil so they change it as a precautionary meassure.
    It's speculated that the new gearbox case flexes just a little under heavy load on high speed long curves, causing problems to the gears.
    Last edited by gvera; 30th June 2016 at 16:26.

How's the weather going to be for Austrian GP?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    How's the weather going to be for Austrian GP?
    I heard there's a chance of rainy friday and saturday.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

27 for saturday and 23 for sunday, and rain every day but not known exactly when it will be

I have noticed that the FOM tv feed doesn't show the infra red camera shots of the rear tyres anymore. I wonder if that has something to do with certain teams having something to hide (temperature related).

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    ...It's speculated that the new gearbox case flexes just a little under heavy load on high speed long curves, causing problems to the gears.
    If true this is not good especially at Silverstone and Spa.

Atleast now he's speaking something different.
    But still he's defending the tyre strategy calls which were made this year. Donno what to say abt it

I wish he would stop talking about the future, why would he let the cat out of the bag??... I am sure rivals will now be doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    I wish he would stop talking about the future, why would he let the cat out of the bag??... I am sure rivals will now be doing the same.
    yeah, i'm not sure why he would do that??? maybe he feels the need to let us FANS know what the long term plan is (since he prolly knows deep down that this year we have NO CHANCE at any championship, in reality, i know mathematically there is a chance still...but common, that Mercedes is from another planet)...donno, but i would rather keep the secrets all inside the team (if i where him) and then BOOMMMM come 2017 and 2018 let the result do the TALK....but then again that is just me

I'm pretty sure all the teams are already working on their 2017 car as the rules have completely changed. I don't think this is a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I'm pretty sure all the teams are already working on their 2017 car as the rules have completely changed. I don't think this is a secret.
    yeah, you're prolly right....it's NOT just us that sort of have two teams working, one for the remainder of the year (probably a smaller team) and then a bigger team working for 2017 as the rules are completely changed and you HAVE to get it right, otherwise it's gonna be another 2009, and i;m sure NONE of us want to see that all over again

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yeah, you're prolly right....it's NOT just us that sort of have two teams working, one for the remainder of the year (probably a smaller team) and then a bigger team working for 2017 as the rules are completely changed and you HAVE to get it right, otherwise it's gonna be another 2009, and i;m sure NONE of us want to see that all over again
    2009 was not that bad compared to 2014 . Thanks to Kimi of course

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    2009 was not that bad compared to 2014 . Thanks to Kimi of course
    Not bad!?! It was disaster! OK, that one win from KR saved the season not to be win dry, but it was nerve biting fight with Force India?!!?!?! Jesus!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Not bad!?! It was disaster! OK, that one win from KR saved the season not to be win dry, but it was nerve biting fight with Force India?!!?!?! Jesus!!!!
    yeah, i remember that fight between Fisichella and Kimi...that force india was fast that weekend and gave us all sorts of trouble...the ONLY way we kept him behind because we had KERS and FI did not....but even without kers FI was pretty fast and was on our tail the remainder of the race

so YEAH, i do NOT want to see another repeat of 2009 OR 2014 ever again...better start off early (get our boys to have some own innovative ideas for 2017) in order to kick some Mercedes butt...

yeah, i remember that fight between Fisichella and Kimi...that force india was fast that weekend and gave us all sorts of trouble...the ONLY way we kept him behind because we had KERS and FI did not....but even without kers FI was pretty fast and was on our tail the remainder of the race

so YEAH, i do NOT want to see another repeat of 2009 OR 2014 ever again...better start off early (get our boys to have some own innovative ideas for 2017) in order to kick some Mercedes butt...
    Same old same old, don't worry mate they will find something to suck...areo,mechanical grip, tiers,engine, strategy......and they will be lost in the "the championship is not lost-we need to remain calm" loop

Same old same old, don't worry mate they will find something to suck...areo,mechanical grip, tiers,engine, strategy......and they will be lost in the "the championship is not lost-we need to remain calm" loop
    the SAD part of all the things you wrote in your post, most likely will come true...Ferrari as of the past EIGHT years has ALWAYS found one way or another to screw up something

but the optimistic die hard Ferrari fan that i am, i'm always year over year hoping that this would be the first year Ferrari will prove me wrong....so let's all hope 2017 will be different.

the SAD part of all the things you wrote in your post, most likely will come true...Ferrari as of the past EIGHT years has ALWAYS found one way or another to screw up something

but the optimistic die hard Ferrari fan that i am, i'm always year over year hoping that this would be the first year Ferrari will prove me wrong....so let's all hope 2017 will be different.
    And thats what being a true fan is, isnt it? Check the history of Ferrari in F1.
    I have lived thru many many dry spells, but yet tune into the next race waiting to see how we do.
    No matter the team you root for, this is F1, a dam tough series.
    Shoot, Im in a bad mood all day when we dont do well, but thats part of
    being a fan I guess. Still, been following these guys for over 50, n I aint
    switching teams anytime in the future.

Mabey u should switch teams. I heard Mac needs a few fans. Just sayen..