Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    As a Ferrari fan, we always hope for win for each race. Sometimes we may point the flaws in the team, sometimes we praise, few times we get disappointed. But we are always Ferrari fans.
    U can count me & stefa into that category.
    Yeap!

So theres no news about any work done on the car then?

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    So theres no news about any work done on the car then?
    Or it is ultra top secret

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Or it is ultra top secret
    Even better. We've done enough talking already

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Even better. We've done enough talking already
    Now it ia time for actions to do the talking!

Artdes Ferrari, getriebe sie sind das perfekte paar. Na ja da kann ich nur sagen fur Merc !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Artdes Ferrari, getriebe sie sind das perfekte paar. Na ja da kann ich nur sagen fur Merc !
    Sorry?

Sorry?
    Merc and their fans think Ferrari has the perfect gearbox match for their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Merc and their fans think Ferrari has the perfect gearbox match for their cars.

This James Alison's 2016 project is totally disaster!
    I remember 2012 and 2013 how good chasis he built at Lotus.
    How good was that car under braking,traction in middle and low-speed corners.
    It's obviously WE MUST DO something for his replacement before new f1-era next season!!!

No more exuses about wind tunnel,correlation data,PU deficit,..etc.It's all about fresh ideas and evolution of the project like RB 2009-2013 or MB 2014-2016.
    8 years without championship title and in best case be behind the winners is enough !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bobi_ve View Post
    This James Alison's 2016 project is totally disaster!
    I remember 2012 and 2013 how good chasis he built at Lotus.
    How good was that car under braking,traction in middle and low-speed corners.
    It's obviously WE MUST DO something for his replacement before new f1-era next season!!!

No more exuses about wind tunnel,correlation data,PU deficit,..etc.It's all about fresh ideas and evolution of the project like RB 2009-2013 or MB 2014-2016.
    8 years without championship title and in best case be behind the winners is enough !!!
    Just a tip from another tifosi. Before MS domination, even before than couple of years passed, Ferrari had 21 WDC dry years. So 8 doesn't sim long....

Just a tip from another tifosi. Before MS domination, even before than couple of years passed, Ferrari had 21 WDC dry years. So 8 doesn't sim long....
    I'm 57, I suffered all those 21 years.
    I wonder what this new 'Ferrari MUST win' fans would say if the year was 1980 when Ferrari ended the champinship with 8 points beating only Alfa who scored 4 (Williams won the WCC that year scoring 120 points).

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    I'm 57, I suffered all those 21 years.
    I wonder what this new 'Ferrari MUST win' fans would say if the year was 1980 when Ferrari ended the champinship with 8 points beating only Alfa who scored 4 (Williams won the WCC that year scoring 120 points).
    If Ferrari was in crisis, if they did not have money, we would accept it and probably would even try to help. But they now have one of the biggest budgets comparable to that of the Red Bull, big talks coming from the leader's mouth on daily basis and NO results coming on the track. That's what is frustrating.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Speaking about the car...no updates then?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    If Ferrari was in crisis, if they did not have money, we would accept it and probably would even try to help. But they now have one of the biggest budgets comparable to that of the Red Bull, big talks coming from the leader's mouth on daily basis and NO results coming on the track. That's what is frustrating.
    It is not all about the amount of money one can have. It is how to invest it!

Hi Guys,
    can Someone Translate this?
    http://www.formula1benzing.eu/

And may this ?
    Secondo Benzing le potenze approssimate,in qualifica, a Silverstone sono state di circa:
    985 cv Mercedes
    970 cv Renault
    965 cv Ferrari
    940 cv Honda
    Anche Honda,almeno in qualifica,sarebbe molto vicina a Ferrari.
    Va detto che secondo Benzing quest'anno ancora piu' che nelle passate stagioni,si sfora alla grande con il limite di consumo istantaneo,che dovrebbe avere un tetto massimo di 100 Kg/h.Si sarebbe giunti sino a 116 Kg/h e sarebbe assurdo,visto che stiamo parlando di un +16% concesso dalla FIA ma taciuto vergognosamente ai media.
    Nello stesso gp di Ungheria,secondo Benzing,la P.U. Tag Heuer della RB avrebbe potuto consumare in certi frangenti,in qualifica, appunto sino a 116 Kg/h,cosa singolarmente non concessa al motore ufficiale Renault (108 Kg/h).Tale differenza avrebbe comportato una sostanziosa differenza di pressione di sovralimentazione fra le due P.U. (4.7 bar per TH,3.9 per Renault) con una risultanza finale di quasi 40 cv di differenza,ridicolmente fra due P.U. teoricamente identiche,che di sicuro non sono una sciocchezza.
    Lo stesso Benzing stimava in Australia,sempre in qualifica,le potenze massime in circa:

So that would mean our engine is still a turd? I thought that it was our strongest feature.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

So that would mean our engine is still a turd? I thought that it was our strongest feature.
    At first glance, it looks like it is saying that Renault were secretly allowed to exceed the consumption limits to equalize the performance differences between the engines.

Here we go.

Sky yesterday: Ferrari is going to stop the development of the SF16-H, focusing only on the 2017 car

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post
    Here we go.

Sky yesterday: Ferrari is going to stop the development of the SF16-H, focusing only on the 2017 car
    i knew this was gonna happen sooner rather then later....i guess it's gonna be a tight battle between US and red fools for second for the remainder of the year...but it's NOT liek it matters to me taht much....2nd, 3rd, 6th....it's still a place for LOSERS....

for me it's 1st place, or nothing else matters....anything after that is a LOSERS spot...

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post
    Here we go.

Quite normal and right decision! In my opinion they should have done it since few races ago...

How come Renault/Tag Heuer appear to be allowed (?) to increase the fuel flow limit in quali? Where did that come from and how true is it, or just a rumour? Might as well rip up all the rules and regs, I'm convinced Merc have been doing something similar in quali too. Ban them all.

Quote Originally Posted by wacc View Post
    At first glance, it looks like it is saying that Renault were secretly allowed to exceed the consumption limits to equalize the performance differences between the engines.
    This is unfair..were we allowed to do that in 14, or 15, or now? Is Honda going to be granted this?
    You build you engines n win or lose like a team is supposed to. If it stinks, build a better engine.
    So is RB also allowed to do this? Why? Are we allowed to do this? No? Why not?

Money alone will not buy the championships. Not even people alone will buy you championships.
    It is LEADERSHIP that will get you the championship.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I hate to say this, but there probably wont be much news for this thread..
    Unless of course we find a really good TD.
    But I have to say, who is there to get? Really...
    Brawn will not come back..if he does I'd be shocked, yet happy..
    Newey isnt going anywhere..his cars are killer, he's is also working on boats and other projects.
    No one from Merc is coming, even Costa wont return...so who we looking at?
    Id love to see us pull something off in summer break, but again, who will do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    I hate to say this, but there probably wont be much news for this thread..
    Unless of course we find a really good TD.
    But I have to say, who is there to get? Really...
    Brawn will not come back..if he does I'd be shocked, yet happy..
    Newey isnt going anywhere..his cars are killer, he's is also working on boats and other projects.
    No one from Merc is coming, even Costa wont return...so who we looking at?
    Id love to see us pull something off in summer break, but again, who will do it?
    Paddy lowe

Just copied from the f1technical forum.... it's obviously in Italian so no clue.

http://www.lastampa.it/2016/07/29/sp...B8F5B14FAE87F9

Quite normal and right decision! In my opinion they should have done it since few races ago...
    I think we can close this 2016 development & start 2017 development thread.
    Wt a month of July for Ferrari ... Just gone bad to worse.
    On the verge of loosing 2nd position in WCC.

Any other minor developments in the pipework for coming races, summer break. We need to organise our departments a bit better with clearly defined direction on components/design. Any updates from Shell/combustion updates or in terms of suspension design to make best use of the tyres we have allocated for remaining races.