Thread: 2016 Teams and engines

2016 Teams and engines

Following Renault's official announcement of the takeover of Lotus today, here's what the teams seem to look like:

Mercedes AMG
    Scuderia Ferrari
    Williams Mercedes
    Red Bull Racing- TAG Heuer (Really just a Renault)
    Aston Martin Racing- Mercedes
    Renault F1 team
    Scuderia Toro Rosso- Ferrari (2015)
    McLaren Honda
    Sauber Ferrari
    Marussia Mercedes
    Haaa Ferrari

Seems interesting. I didn't know watch brands could make engines and seems like Renault should begin their return hopefully occasionally challenging Mercedes and us. Force India- I mean Aston Martin- look like they are going to start threatening us for the podium next year as well with their influx of cash. All in all, seems like the only way we can stay ahead is by being at Mercedes' level, not right behind or many teams will gobble us up.
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

wow, didn't know Renault confirmed their buyout of Lotus. Nice. No more shaming the name of Colin Chapman.
    So, Red Bull will brand their engine TAG Heuer? What happened to Infiniti? Or maybe Renault as Infiniti parent company pulled the plug on Infiniti sponsoring Red Bull?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    wow, didn't know Renault confirmed their buyout of Lotus. Nice. No more shaming the name of Colin Chapman.
    So, Red Bull will brand their engine TAG Heuer? What happened to Infiniti? Or maybe Renault as Infiniti parent company pulled the plug on Infiniti sponsoring Red Bull?
    Infiniti and total will be pulled from RBR, this is part of the deal which landed RBR the unbadged Renault ICE

Quote Originally Posted by NenoX View Post
    Infiniti and total will be pulled from RBR, this is part of the deal which landed RBR the unbadged Renault ICE
    Oh right. So what fuel will they be using now?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Oh right. So what fuel will they be using now?
    That I don't know of yet. It may still be total supplying the fuel and lubrication, we just won't be seeing their logos on the RB.

Quote Originally Posted by NenoX View Post
    That I don't know of yet. It may still be total supplying the fuel and lubrication, we just won't be seeing their logos on the RB.
    About Renault i can fully understand why they don't want to be branded on the RB. Because RB will make their own hybrid parts, correct? But why would total want to miss on the marketing provided by RB? Maybe they think the Red Bull engine will be a disaster, so it will be bad marketing.

Total and Renault are exclusive partners like Shell with Ferrari and Petronas with Mercedes.
    It's nice to see Red Bull on the grid but abandoned like an unpopular bully. They deserve everything bad going on with them. When Illmor joins in 2017, it'll be just like Honda this year. I'm sure Mateschitz will pull the plug on both teams but by then Bernie and Jean should have the engine crisis sorted and many companies would be able to buy the teams (like Aston Martin with Force India).
    Optimistic view!
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerKing View Post
    Total and Renault are exclusive partners like Shell with Ferrari and Petronas with Mercedes.
    It's nice to see Red Bull on the grid but abandoned like an unpopular bully. They deserve everything bad going on with them. When Illmor joins in 2017, it'll be just like Honda this year. I'm sure Mateschitz will pull the plug on both teams but by then Bernie and Jean should have the engine crisis sorted and many companies would be able to buy the teams (like Aston Martin with Force India).
    Optimistic view!
    Its not all bad at Red Bull they gained a powerful financial partner at Tag Heuer. But performance wise, yeah they will struggle a lot in the following years. Can't see them be a serious title contender with their engine program.

Is Aston confirmed next year yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Homan13PSU View Post
    Is Aston confirmed next year yet?
    I think not. Can't find any fresh news related to this. Hope it will be confirmed in the following days though.

Can't say that seeing RB in this situation doesn't bring a smile to my face.
    They cried and whined for months, and now they are stuck with the exact same engine manufacturer, only this time they are a customer team. Talk about karma.

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    Can't say that seeing RB in this situation doesn't bring a smile to my face.
    They cried and whined for months, and now they are stuck with the exact same engine manufacturer, only this time they are a customer team. Talk about karma.
    It will be so cool when Renault will wipe off the floor with Red Bull next year

Toro Rosso just signed up for Ferrari 2016, it's official
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club