Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expectations for next season.....

Expectations for next season.....

Okay guy's, what are you expecting from the Ferrari F1 team next year...? Me, I expect to double our win total. So six win's, and I'll say we are headed in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by BAT340 View Post
    Okay guy's, what are you expecting from the Ferrari F1 team next year...? Me, I expect to double our win total. So six win's, and I'll say we are headed in the right direction.
    Yeah but its the last season under the current regulations. From 2017 everyone will be starting from scratch on their chassis. I think we need to do even more then that. But 6 will be fine if we can't do better i guess.

Nico will be all over Lewis hopefully causing [injury free] havock up front allowing Seb to pass them by giving Merc the famous finger ! A few DNFs and some fighting errors @ Merc and a better Ferrari for both Seb and Kimi, we just might do it!! Seb showed us how good it can be with what he already had, podiums, wins. Ferrari fans must have faith ! A strongly improved ride for our already top champion drivers and were 'THE THREAT ". Please, no talk about waiting for 2017 being the year. 2015 was a shocker to all those who just went on about waiting for 2016 to see wins and podiums.

Well, I expect us to show up?

Ferrari should come out of the gate very near to on par with the Mercs!
    I purposely kept my expectations low this past season, based on recent past performance & the added fact that we had such a big shake-up in the upper management & a big driver change. Now they've got to know each other & seem to have a good chemistry. JA has had time to think about what to do with chassis & aero above & beyond making do with what he was left with. I won't panic if Australia is a struggle, but come race 2 in Bahrain(!) we ought to be clearly showing our capabilities.

No pressure Sergio
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Well, I expect us to show up?

No less then 20 wins .

We've always had the same goal, to win WDC and WCC, but our expectations have a habit of being trashed, so until the wheels turn in Oz, I'm just wishing and hoping for a car capable of taking the fight to Mercedes and whoever else looks to be in the running. We have the tools and the drivers, let's show them whose horse is best!

I expect Ferrari to beat Mercedes to both titles.

Aside from that, I expect more whinging from Pirelli about any manner of topics, Pirelli using their mandatory tyre choice to select compounds no one wants, the same lack of engine noise and excitement, McLaren blaming Honda for not winning, Alonso delivering more motivational magic, the FIA cracking down on anything that might result in any real racing... At 21 races I expect the next season is going to be quite boring with more dour races due to tyre and fuel saving.

i expect Mercedes to remain on top with a smaller margin,they have enjoyed an insane advantage over the last few years.
    I don't see that going away in a few months time.
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

Quote Originally Posted by Grinsomx View Post
    i expect Mercedes to remain on top with a smaller margin,they have enjoyed an insane advantage over the last few years.
    Yeah i agree.
    I think that we may have a chance of beating Mercedes next year but in order to do that i think we will also need some fair amount of luck. For example some DNF's from Mercedes and some fierce competition between Lewis and Nico.

I hope to see that the chosen design path for chassis, suspension and PU is the correct one and that it will allow the team to get closer to Mercedes.

Yes. Insane advantage as they started earlier on the smaller engine plus turbo, and started lobbying FIA once they were quite ready (read: confident that the competitors would not be able to catch up)
    I expect Ferrari to have 1-2 all the way to see what reason they will come up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinsomx View Post

I thought this was a 3 year program, and we were supposed to wait until 2017 for a championship. But, all the fans and even Ferrari management is acting like next year is IT. Is it?

Quote Originally Posted by erinha View Post
    I thought this was a 3 year program, and we were supposed to wait until 2017 for a championship. But, all the fans and even Ferrari management is acting like next year is IT. Is it?
    well that's exactly what i thought also, that it would be a THREE year thing before Ferrari will challenge for WDC and WCC; which means that next year we would be that much closer to Mercedes, maybe double the wins we had this year or maybe a few more then double if lucky....and come 2017 we'd be challenging the Mercs full on for both championships....

the thing with this picture is that in 2017 the rules for Aero will change big time, with different looking chassis, wider tires for better grip (remember teh FIA wants to make the cars about 5 seconds faster a lap)....so that means that everybody will start from ZERO in 2017

so there is ONLY one answer to that...we're gonna HAVE to win the WDC in 2016....and maybe wiht some luck the WCC as well....if KImi will pull his own weight also

we have the people, our engine is getting better and better, team is working really hard, we have TWO top notch drivers that know how to win races....and best of all we have JAMES ALLISON.....let's NOT forget that 2016 car is designed and directed by HIM, from top to bottom

so, i have faith in our team...Forza FERRARI
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Merc has not one single key feature that's given them the edge - it's been the culmination of everything coming together to form its dominant package. I suspect it's a matter of Merc refining their package, whilst Ferrari getting on with using the now tried and successful concepts such as the shorter nose, tighter rear end, and back to push-rod front suspension. And forget about Merc's split turbo - if it's so great, then Ferrari would have been wiped by the other 3 teams using the silver engines as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so that means that everybody will start from ZERO in 2017
    This can actually be a good thing for us. About the engine though, are there announced any major changes to the PU for 2017? If not, then it can be a pretty good thing for us now that we have aero genius James Alison.

What's Adrian Newey doing btw? I think he will be even more remote than he's been these last 2 seasons. I'm not even sure whether he will continue to design the cars or not.

Quote Originally Posted by erinha View Post
    What's Adrian Newey doing btw? I think he will be even more remote than he's been these last 2 seasons. I'm not even sure whether he will continue to design the cars or not.
    I think he is more focused on designing yacht's now then F1 car's. Of course he will remain as a designer for Red Bull, but i think his impact won't be as big as previous years.

And if I told u that wolverines make good house pets?
    Newey knows his stuff..they could use his chassis from 2 years ago and still be good.
    He will def be involved in the F1 program. His part time work is better than most guys full time work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    And if I told u that wolverines make good house pets?
    Newey knows his stuff..they could use his chassis from 2 years ago and still be good.
    He will def be involved in the F1 program. His part time work is better than most guys full time work.
    Yeah, they will have a nice chassis for next year, no doubt. But what about 2017 when the aero rules will be brand new and everyone will start from scratch? If Newey decides not to dedicate himself fully to RBR, then they will have a problem replacing him. And i think his enthusiasm for F1 is somewhat lesser and lesser by the year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    I expect Ferrari to beat Mercedes to both titles.

Aside from that, I expect more whinging from Pirelli about any manner of topics, Pirelli using their mandatory tyre choice to select compounds no one wants, the same lack of engine noise and excitement, McLaren blaming Honda for not winning, Alonso delivering more motivational magic, the FIA cracking down on anything that might result in any real racing... At 21 races I expect the next season is going to be quite boring with more dour races due to tyre and fuel saving.

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I think SV is in with a proper shot at the title. But i cant see us winning the WCC.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    I think SV is in with a proper shot at the title. But i cant see us winning the WCC.
    I still think Merc will be in front

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    I still think Merc will be in front
    something tells me taht YES they prolly will be in front, but HOW close are we gonna be to them this time?? that is the real question.

and who knows, if we've done our homework right from chassis to engine to aero and everything else, then we could be right up there fighting for wins straight away, right from OZ

can't wait for winter testing, that should give us a taste of how the new car will behave on track...but the real test will be Q3 in AUstralia
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yeah, they will have a nice chassis for next year, no doubt. But what about 2017 when the aero rules will be brand new and everyone will start from scratch? If Newey decides not to dedicate himself fully to RBR, then they will have a problem replacing him. And i think his enthusiasm for F1 is somewhat lesser and lesser by the year.

Yea, I have no idea what the rules are 4 2017..Im just hoping we get it right for 2016.
    Is there anywhere one can look at these new rules?

The thing is for sure we are going to be better next year than this year. But the hardest thing to predict is whether Mercedes will evolve a lot or not. I read a lot of things about how they may reached their technical peak and there is nothing more to evolve. So lets hope this that is true. Also i heard a lot that we have a lot of space on the engine and the chassis to improve.
    Its very hard to predict how things are going to be in comparison to Mercedes...but at least i'm confident we will do better.
    Last edited by Stormy; 8th December 2015 at 16:08.

Ferrari to win both titles ..... comfortably

I still think that we're going to show up.

Hey, wheres the smiley guys w/Santa hats on?

Hoping we'll win both titles, as I've been hoping every year. But I'd be happy and satisfied if we'll win at least 6 races, be really close or on par with the mercs during the whole season and mount a serious title challenge in WDC and WCC till the last race of the season. Anything more than that would be a beautiful bonus. I have a lot of confidence and faith in James Allison's ability to produce an absolute beast of a car. Next year is time to deliver.

Can't wait to see the new car!

Forza Ferrari!!!
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI