Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415162752 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 F1 Pre-Season Testing

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    U seem to b in pretty much hurry..
    Wtever it happens, the final punch should be ours that gives a lot of satisfaction. As far I know, Ferrari is trying to build from 2015 car and following a development path which can deliver high results. So should not panic at any moment. I like this aggressive approach from Ferrari. Being a Ferrari fan, I will wait for that day when Merc gets banged from Ferrari. Till then forza Ferrari.

I wouldn't be surprised if there will be no timed lap today, they are probably still verifying some data.
    Forza Ferrari

Vettel gone fastest. 1.26.283
    Red is the only color!!!

Actually now 1:26.187, done 15 laps and 9 in this stint. Hamilton is on a loooong stint, 28 laps and counting.

Mercedes fastest with 1:25:409 and already making some long runs...32 laps vs 15 laps for Ferrari...not good....

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    Mercedes fastest with 1:25:409 and already making some long runs...32 laps vs 15 laps for Ferrari...not good....
    That is why I am concern not on the fastest lap but Ferrari lack of long runs to check reliability - I thought yesterday should be been used to their setup and should be up an ruining today

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    That is why I am concern not on the fastest lap but Ferrari lack of long runs to check reliability - I thought yesterday should be been used to their setup and should be up an ruining today
    you not allowed to do any sort of set-up work on shakedowns. All testing starts today.

Let us run to our programmes, and let Merc do theirs. Who cares, really what they doing. Its just media trying to big up and make something out of testing times. Yes, we may go quick, yes Merc may do, or Williams. Doesnt really count or mean much right now. Tyre data, correlation work, etc etc. High fuel, low fuel.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Merc 40 laps vs Ferrari 15 laps
    @Rob u are right, the problem is that the same thing happened last year and we said the same thing. It turned out Mercedes dominance in testing was the truth and their early high count lap transferred to dominance later in the season...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    you not allowed to do any sort of set-up work on shakedowns. All testing starts today.

Let us run to our programmes, and let Merc do theirs. Who cares, really what they doing. Its just media trying to big up and make something out of testing times. Yes, we may go quick, yes Merc may do, or Williams. Doesnt really count or mean much right now. Tyre data, correlation work, etc etc. High fuel, low fuel.
    I am not concern about other teams not at all. I just felt last year Ferrari had issues with reliability; 15 laps in 2.5 hours is not good enough; if the car is okay run it. the other team ran very long during last years testing and they only used 4 PU!

@Rob u are right, the problem is that the same thing happened last year and we said the same thing. It turned out Mercedes dominance in testing was the truth and their early high count lap transferred to dominance later in the season...
    so what? you cannt start writing off season already. WOW they done 40 laps. Theres your headlines there, oh wait, thats what they like doing. Their car is pretty much an evolution on last years. We, got ALL new design ALL new car.

oh man, already on first day of testing, doom and gloom already.

Ferrari has gone into conservative mode again and I am sure Vettel would soon be bored about all this - we are running our own plan. testing is about running the car until it breaks so you can fixed what is wrong before the real race

Ferrari has gone into conservative mode again and I am sure Vettel would soon be bored about all this - we are running our own plan. testing is about running the car until it breaks so you can fixed what is wrong before the real race
    thats what dyno running is for.

Its a new car, it is better to increase lap count gradually, than to lose time repairing something

It is not about gloom or doom. the truth is testing is used to test car reliability and not sitting the car in a garage

It is not about gloom or doom. the truth is testing is used to test car reliability and not sitting the car in a garage
    It is also there to test correlation with the wind tunnel.
    Forever Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Its a new car, it is better to increase lap count gradually, than to lose time repairing something
    Not logical; because this is what happens very year - Ferrari is running their own plan and then during the season the car turns out to be unreliable; almost tens years of doing the same thing and winning nothing. Don't get me wrong this is the best car Ferrari has designed in 10 years and I really have hope that it would do well

Not logical; because this is what happens very year - Ferrari is running their own plan and then during the season the car turns out to be unreliable; almost tens years of doing the same thing and winning nothing. Don't get me wrong this is the best car Ferrari has designed in 10 years and I really have hope that it would do well
    The Ferrari's tend to be fairly bulletproof compared to the rest of the teams. Far less technical issues than Mercedes.
    Forever Ferrari

So what if they run 123985214123 laps in testing? RBR NEVER did most laps, yet they dominated with ease. Last year Merc had much more laps then us as well, yet they werent any more reliable. I mean what can they do? They see their car worked great last year, this one is evolution and after first checks they just pound lap after lap. Big deal, get over it. If anything this means we are anything but conservative...

Relax and have a double espresso. Forza Ferrari.

Guys this is an unofficial live stream.

It works !

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1OyKAzNazOgGb

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    Relax and have a double espresso. Forza Ferrari.

1. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 1:25.409, 48 laps; MERCEDES ENGINE
    2. Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari, 1:25.921, 20 laps; FERRARI ENGINE
    3. Valtteri Bottas, Williams, 1:26.091; MERCEDES ENGINE
    4. Carlos Sainz, Toro Rosso, 1:27.924, 26 laps; FERRARI ENGINE
    5. Marcus Ericson, Sauber, 1:28.399, 19 laps; FERRARI ENGINE
    6. Romain Grosjean, Haas, 1:28.399; FERRARI ENGINE
    7. Jenson Button, McLaren, 1:28.493,11 laps; HONDA ENGINE
    8. Alfonso Celis, Force India, 1:31.155; MERCEDES ENGINE
    9. Jolyon Palmer, Renault, 1:31.351, 14 laps; RENAULT ENGINE
    10. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, 1:37.610, 14 laps; RENAULT ENGINE
    11. Pascal Wehrlein, Manor, No time, 1 lap; MERCEDES ENGINE

Our engines seem to be running pretty sweet so far Especially considering Sauber is 2015 car

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Guys this is an unofficial live stream.

It works !

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1OyKAzNazOgGb
    Thanks you very much

11:09 Vettel goes fastest on a 1m25.206s - that's two-tenths faster than Hamilton.

What are Sauber testing? Are they still running the 2015 engine?

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    What are Sauber testing? Are they still running the 2015 engine?
    Tires and 2016 engine.

They have 2015 car but they should have new engine in it...

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    1. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 1:25.409, 48 laps; MERCEDES ENGINE
    2. Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari, 1:25.921, 20 laps; FERRARI ENGINE
    3. Valtteri Bottas, Williams, 1:26.091; MERCEDES ENGINE
    4. Carlos Sainz, Toro Rosso, 1:27.924, 26 laps; FERRARI ENGINE
    5. Marcus Ericson, Sauber, 1:28.399, 19 laps; FERRARI ENGINE
    6. Romain Grosjean, Haas, 1:28.399; FERRARI ENGINE
    7. Jenson Button, McLaren, 1:28.493,11 laps; HONDA ENGINE
    8. Alfonso Celis, Force India, 1:31.155; MERCEDES ENGINE
    9. Jolyon Palmer, Renault, 1:31.351, 14 laps; RENAULT ENGINE
    10. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, 1:37.610, 14 laps; RENAULT ENGINE
    11. Pascal Wehrlein, Manor, No time, 1 lap; MERCEDES ENGINE

Our engines seem to be running pretty sweet so far Especially considering Sauber is 2015 car
    Looking at the current times (although not much to consider), it would be interesting haas & TR take a fight to Williams. I'm bored to see Merc engines at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    11:09 Vettel goes fastest on a 1m25.206s - that's two-tenths faster than Hamilton.
    Last time Ferrari wasn't chasing top of times & were conservative. This year it's changed I think, they r setting up the laptimes straight away.