Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171829 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 F1 Pre-Season Testing

Promising morning so far, keep drinking that Italian coffee and feel the energy!

Seems pretty promising to me..Let's hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Promising morning so far, keep drinking that Italian coffee and feel the energy!
    Totally agree with you wisepie and it's been a promising morning do far.

I see alliance here - Ferrari should be on top of their game in terms of putting millage on the car which is one of the primary reasons testing is done; as a test engineer howbeit in telecoms i know why testing is always important because it help you learn the reliability to what you are producing. Are we saying that a Mercedes car is more reliable than a Ferrari? my Gut feeling is that Ferrari is a good car. We always have this habit that we are different. How many time last year we missed qualifying because we sat in the garage and not out running when other were?? so don't just support somebody here because he or she is your friend look at fact - wasted millions, wrong strategy 2010, 2011 = no championship

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    I see alliance here - Ferrari should be on top of their game in terms of putting millage on the car which is one of the primary reasons testing is done; as a test engineer howbeit in telecoms i know why testing is always important because it help you learn the reliability to what you are producing. Are we saying that a Mercedes car is more reliable than a Ferrari? my Gut feeling is that Ferrari is a good. We always have this habit that we are different. How many time last year we miss qualifying because we sat in the garage and not out running when other were?? so don't just support somebody here because he or she is your friend look at fact - wasted millions, wrong strategy 2010, 2011 = no championship
    A bottle of wine and you'll see how beautiful the world is. :D
    Ferrari per sempre !

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    I see alliance here - Ferrari should be on top of their game in terms of putting millage on the car which is one of the primary reasons testing is done; as a test engineer howbeit in telecoms i know why testing is always important because it help you learn the reliability to what you are producing. Are we saying that a Mercedes car is more reliable than a Ferrari? my Gut feeling is that Ferrari is a good car. We always have this habit that we are different. How many time last year we missed qualifying because we sat in the garage and not out running when other were?? so don't just support somebody here because he or she is your friend look at fact - wasted millions, wrong strategy 2010, 2011 = no championship
    How many times did we miss qualis? As far as I remember we were as good as anyone else reliability wise last year, and last two decades as well. Speed was our problem, not reliability. Everyone has their own scheduled and we are doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SashAlex View Post
    A bottle of wine and you'll see how beautiful the world is. :D
    I am afraid I am teetotal; Alcohol is not good for my system :) if you say Italian coffee I would give a thump up

We need to make more milage with the car. At least 120 a day to be sure of our reliability.

14:25 Nothing that'll surprise you, but a little note posted by Ferrari confirms that it 'focused on aerodynamics and set-up work' during the morning running, where Vettel set the pace in the SF16-H.
    Ferrari per sempre !

Racing is life and life is a risk - Michael schumacher

Karun Chandhok

Interesting to see Vettel on mediums already 1 tenth quicker at lunch time than what Pastor did on day 1 at Barcelona last year on soft tyre

Looks like it is gonna be interesting year, Ferrari, Sauber, Toro Rosso and Haas vs. Mercedes, Williams and Red Bull.

20:56 Vettel's lapping at a decent pace, he's in the mid 1m25s at the moment, while Hamilton is in the 1m28s.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    How many times did we miss qualis? As far as I remember we were as good as anyone else reliability wise last year, and last two decades as well. Speed was our problem, not reliability. Everyone has their own scheduled and we are doing fine.
    I agree with darkchild, we don't know what the team's plans are for testing. Let them follow what their plan dictates, albeit different from merc.

What is this?
    Cb0bOUkW8AE6Yio.jpg

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by slak View Post
    What is this?
    It's most likely a crash structure sticking out. We have it as well. There is a mandatory width of it, but teams want to make the sidepods as slim as possible, so this is the way around it...

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

What is this?
    Cb0bOUkW8AE6Yio.jpg
    I think this may be Merc's version of the blown wheel nut that some teams are running. I remember another team run something like this a few years back. Can't remember which team/year it was. It could have been Renault.

Edit: Renault R31 used something similar for exhaust blowing. Merc would not be doing that, but could they be redirecting the airflow from their oversized airbox down to the sidepods to achieve something similar?

What is this?
    Cb0bOUkW8AE6Yio.jpg
    Side pod crash structure I may be wrong with the name but it basically sustains loads from side crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    The car sounds different under braking compared to the last two years.
    The PU was relatively silent under braking in the past.

Hmm we haven't been out for too long.

she looks planted

Ferrari running his own plan as you said

how long since our last in lap?

The more Ferrari runs the car the more they no more about the car - and then have a long list of what they issue they need to resolve before Melbourne. this year there is only two testing before the first race. For I don't ever believe the hype about the car until the first race

Mercedes testing nothing radically new/different to what they know :D

Quote Originally Posted by NenoX View Post
    how long since our last in lap?
    Long, 1.5 hours.

Long, 1.5 hours.
    Well that is long, 2 more hours till day 1 ends yes?