Thread: Horner: F1 'is missing an opportunity' with 2017 changes

Horner: F1 'is missing an opportunity' with 2017 changes

Hello,
    Red Bull team boss, Christian Horner has said that Formula 1 is missing a big opportunity by the sport not going in the right direction. Do you agree? Read more about it (link below) and comment on the forum if you think he is right or just moaning again!
    http://www.f1hub.net/index.php/2016/...ty-2017-rules/

Why not comment here?

They just want more aero, aero is the death of F1, th manufacturers can't transfer aero to road cars nor they could get marketing value from it. You can strap a merc or Ferrari PU to a car and go racing, developing aero to the supreme level Red Bull shines with is impossible for any mid team.
    We need less aero for more good driving and easier overtaking, the things is it will cost laptime, but we are here for the racing not for the records, aren't we ?
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

I'd like to see:
    - More powerful engines.
    - Ground effect (dramatically increase downforce but without the drag so shouldn't make overtaking harder)
    - Reducing drag on the cars by covering the wheels and reducing complexity of wings.
    - Increase mechanical grip with wider tires and better treads (this is happening I believe)

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    We need less aero for more good driving and easier overtaking, the things is it will cost laptime, but we are here for the racing not for the records, aren't we ?
    Well cars 10-13 years ago didn't fare so good aero wise compared to todays cars but they were still a lot faster and still holds most records right?

He wants more downforce reliance & doesn't want engine/PU derived advantages. Same old RB mantra as always, they don't build PU's & would be happy if we all had the same "spec" engine.
    They all still come at it from a selfish point of view.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

I never agreed with what Horner has had in mind. I'm not gonna change this approach. There is a reason I never shared his views on F1.

The manufacturers are in F1 not only for marketing and money, even if this represents the lion's share of their interest, but also for research and future car development. If RBR want more aero and an environment they will thrive in again, they should go to flying sports with planes or whatever. The aerodynamics are very important, but it shouldn't be above the inside structure of the car and mechanical grip.

Then, the only thing RBR should be proud of is the EBD that padded their titles.
    Ferrari per sempre !

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    He wants more downforce reliance & doesn't want engine/PU derived advantages. Same old RB mantra as always, they don't build PU's & would be happy if we all had the same "spec" engine.
    They all still come at it from a selfish point of view.
    same as all teams, being selfish and only thinking of their own agendas. Which, i do understand. But when these agendas are slowly killing the sport, its time to wake up and smell the Lavazza
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

And now DM is singing Cry me a river. C'mon! When they were winning everything was fine. Now when they suck they blame Ferrari together with Mercedes. Grow up some balls, loser.
    Ferrari per sempre !