Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bahrain GP Qualifying Thread

Proud of Ferrari. We've come a long way and we are definitely getting there. A double podium would be very nice and btw our car looks really beautiful under the lights

Wait, was it during his 2nd lap that he went with all 4 wheel out of the track? I didn't notice.

No, I got it. It was during his 1st lap and he should've been downgraded to 8th position.
    Ferrari per sempre !

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    that first lap, and then he would be in P8 and no time to make a new lap
    Wow, that's actually so true this is messed up

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

so now we know how much merc can turn up the engine...they probably ran a detuned engine for the first part of q3....just to spice things up ..who knows... :-/

Quote Originally Posted by SashAlex View Post
    Wait, was it during his 2nd lap that he went with all 4 wheel out of the track? I didn't notice.
    The first one, but if it was not counted, he would be last after the first runs, without time to improve due to the timeout

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    True, but you would expect they would have gone full out on their first lap. So the question is, why did they improve in every sector and we didn't?
    Vet & rai had poor s3 , if u look onboard it's clearly visible. Both didn't nail the laps properly, there was slight improvement not by huge.

True, but you would expect they would have gone full out on their first lap. So the question is, why did they improve in every sector and we didn't?
    They turned their engine power up another notch.

that was 4 wheels out of the track, and if nullified, then he would start race from P8, but life is not fair
    Wow, didn't even think about that.. Depends on what the rules say probably, but my guess is they are going to let it go and "clarify" it for the next race.
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Bigger gap then last year. Hopefully we have some problems with engine and have some easy gains, if not then

Ferrari set to use in-season engine tokens in Spanish GP:
    Source: Motorsport.com

What a great qualy session, especially Q2. 6 minutes to go and only Hulk on track.

Todt & Co. trying hard to get rid of F1 fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    They turned their engine power up another notch.
    I have the impression that everytime we'll get close, every time, they'll turn it more and more and we'll never catch them. Maan, it would be sweet for Ferrari to recover the huge disadvantage from the beginning of this V6 era and beat Mercedes eventually. But it's just unfair to everyone around F1, it's unfair they started this era with such a huge headstart, that they forced these V6 engines in a way knowing they have their game upper than the other teams.

Ferrari, RBR, Williams and McLaren had their dominant years. But their domination now is so sterile in a way.
    Ferrari per sempre !

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    What a great qualy session, especially Q2. 6 minutes to go and only Hulk on track.

I was wondering why not Toro Rossos went out, it has to be because they do not have enough tyres, so that is a problem

Quote Originally Posted by SashAlex View Post
    I have the impression that everytime we'll get close, every time, they'll turn it more and more and we'll never catch them. Maan, it would be sweet for Ferrari to recover the huge disadvantage from the beginning of this V6 era and beat Mercedes eventually. But it's just unfair to everyone around F1, it's unfair they started this era with such a huge headstart, that they forced these V6 engines in a way knowing they have their game upper than the other teams.

Ferrari, RBR, Williams and McLaren had their dominant years. But their domination now is so sterile in a way.

No F1 team team has ever been as dominant as Mercedes have been from 2014 onwards.

Clarie Williams saying they sent two Williams out on q2, for the sake of good sport it seems. . This is the funniest statement

I was wondering why not Toro Rossos went out, it has to be because they do not have enough tyres, so that is a problem
    It is. This new format punishes midfield/back markers more than the top 2 team.

So turning up the engine option is only for the works team or it is software related?

We don't see this from their customer teams.

What was the tyre allocations - I thought Ferrari only came with one set of SS tyres?

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    So turning up the engine option is only for the works team or it is software related?

We don't see this from their customer teams.
    That is the complete joke of these engine regulations.. All Merc customers are nowhere near them.. And the advantage they have is not just chassis and Aero, even RBR didn't have such an advantage
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

That is the complete joke of these engine regulations.. All Merc customers are nowhere near them.. And the advantage they have is not just chassis and Aero, even RBR didn't have such an advantage
    So near yet so far away from the front row again, so damn frustrating when we get close and Merc just turn the wick up, it makes a mockery of the engine regs and it's just becoming a formality in quali, which again was an embarrassment. I'm still optimistic for a good showing tomorrow but I'm not going to get too carried away and worry seriously about reliability, and our tyre strategy better be better than last time!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    So near yet so far away from the front row again, so damn frustrating when we get close and Merc just turn the wick up, it makes a mockery of the engine regs and it's just becoming a formality in quali, which again was an embarrassment. I'm still optimistic for a good showing tomorrow but I'm not going to get too carried away and worry seriously about reliability, and our tyre strategy better be better than last time!
    If you look at the numbers in the end (which are the ones that matter) it perhaps is a bit dissapointing. But if you look at the whole qualy, I was happy with the team and drivers. Mercs improved 0,5s on their last run..

If you look at the numbers in the end (which are the ones that matter) it perhaps is a bit dissapointing. But if you look at the whole qualy, I was happy with the team and drivers. Mercs improved 0,5s on their last run..
    It may b down to track temp too, as its getting low towards the end of qualy.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Clarie Williams saying they sent two Williams out on q2, for the sake of good sport it seems. . This is the funniest statement
    Murtin Brundle said it was probably to be on a better set at the start of the race,since those are the tyres they use at the start of the race
    I so wished it would have been just to rub it in with Todt and Co

Wow, didn't even think about that.. Depends on what the rules say probably, but my guess is they are going to let it go and "clarify" it for the next race.
    I think its judged based on whether a driver has gained advantage by going off track or not.
    Lewis would probably have ended up faster on his first run if hadnt gone off

Quote Originally Posted by fadyferrari View Post
    I think its judged based on whether a driver has gained advantage by going off track or not.
    Lewis would probably have ended up faster on his first run if hadnt gone off
    Yeah, I think that's the case, unless it is specificly said that you can't go off, which wasn't the case here

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

Best idea ever!!! Full ironic mode on!

FerrariSteve Guest
    Lewis had all four wheels CLEARLY off track, his time should have been removed and he'd be 8th. but ohh no.. can't do that to golden boy ..now if it was a Ferrari :/

I hope we get another lightning start tomorrow and rapper boy messes the start again.
    Last edited by Rob; 2nd April 2016 at 18:56. Reason: please do not abbreviate swearing, its still swearing. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    This is BS. Lewis had all four wheels CLEARLY off track, his time should have been removed and he'd be 8th. but ohh no.. can't do that to golden boy ..now if it was a Ferrari :/

I hope we get another lightning start tomorrow and rapper boy messes the start again.
    He lost time, he didnt gain an advantage so his lap time stands and rightly so
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Lewis Hamilton's pole position could be under threat after he was placed under investigation following qualifying for the Bahrain Grand Prix.

The FIA said the Mercedes driver had reversed in the pitlane at the end of qualifying, in what could be a breach of Article 28.3 of the sporting rules.

The article states that "at no time may a car be reversed in the pit lane under its own power."

Hamilton secured his 51st career pole at Sakhir after beating Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg by 0.077s.

Formula 1 stakeholders will meet in Bahrain on Sunday to
    discuss a final proposal regarding qualifying, with FIA
    president Jean Todt confident a solution will be found.
    Todt, F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone and representatives
    from the 11 teams will meet with Pirelli motorsport director
    Paul Hembery.
    "Whatever we decide I am optimistic we will get unanimous
    agreement tomorrow," said Todt, speaking at a media
    briefing ahead of the Bahrain Grand Prix.
    The ideal solution to the recently imposed and much-
    maligned elimination format will be slight tweaks to Q1 and
    Q2, namely additional time, and providing an extra set of
    tyres for the drivers in Q3.
    It is hoped such a proposal will provide an answer to the
    lack of activity in Q3 in particular, when the new format
    made its debut in Australia a fortnight ago.
    Todt and FIA race director Charlie Whiting have confirmed
    the idea was mooted after what unfolded in that session.
    Pirelli, however, declared it did not have enough time to
    prepare for Bahrain, but it would be able to have the tyres
    available for the next grand prix in China.
    "Australia happened, and clearly it was a disappointment
    about Q3," assessed Todt.
    "Why was it a disappointment? Because for the first time in
    a long time, with three minutes to go, we had drivers
    climbing out of the car.
    "So the immediate reaction was to speak to Charlie over the
    phone, and he suggested one of the problems with Q3 was
    that the drivers were missing a set of tyres.
    "So I asked Charlie to speak to Pirelli and see if it would be
    possible to introduce for Q3 one more set of super-soft
    tyres, which he did."
    Whiting then took over: "They [Pirelli] said they couldn't do it
    for here.
    "They said it would be impossible to get another set of Q3
    tyres."
    Todt then added: "They have said to you it would be
    possible for China, but with additional cost."
    This proposal was not unanimously agreed as teams
    wanted to go back to the old format, resulting in a decision
    "to maintain the status quo", according to Todt, for this
    weekend's event.
    But a new meeting is now scheduled for Sunday.
    "We will have learned more from qualifying [in Bahrain],"
    Todt added.
    "But in my opinion, Q1 and Q2 will be optimised. Q3, which
    is the biggest problem, one opportunity is to have another
    set of tyres. That will increase the show.
    "Another possibility is that with the top eight, the eight
    quickest from Q2 leaves first at the green flag, and while he
    is doing his lap, the seventh quickest goes and does his lap.
    "So you have one car alone on the track with an
    unpredictable final result. There are a lot of solutions that
    can be highlighted.
    "But I felt it was necessary to give one more chance to this
    form of qualifying before reverting back to 2015."