Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Chinese GP 2016 race thread

Quote Originally Posted by radosav View Post
    He shouldn't leave that much space in first place, he could watch his mirrors and close his inner side of corner, and in the end he could chose to hit Kvyat not Kimi !
    It looks so easy what should have been done, watching the replay over and over again... I am not blaming any one. This was classic start of the race racing incident.

If I was Vettel I may have punched the Russian in the mouth. Right or not, don't mouth off you little crap.

Wonder what happened to Ferraris lightning starts today ? Maybe they didnt use that HCCI thingy because of fear of breaking down like seb did in Bahrain because they did say its software related when the car is on low revs

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    If I was Vettel I may have punched the Russian in the mouth. Right or not, don't mouth off you little crap.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Vettel was in wrong though. Its probably because he was sorry for damage done to kimi.

In any case Kvyat wont be long in RB, he looks horrid this year.

Someone watching 6hours of Silverstone? The 488 seems to be a great car
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Ferraris pace during the Race was mostly impressive and according to Toto we were running a more detuned engine than we were in Bahrain so it looks very promising going forward. Like I've been saying Ferrari is well ahead of the Mercs its just that people just dont want to believe.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...winning-streak

Everyone talks about how we could have done something IF we did not have wing damage, IF we did not crash to each other, IF we did not have an engine blow up in Bahrain, IF we had a not messed up the tier choice in Australia. We are keep making mistakes, most of the time, you make your own luck.
    We just keep making mistakes and keep saying if we had this, if we had that. Also, engine problems, they say, WHEN we will have a better engine, WHEN we will have the issues fixed. Its all just if/when, but its not NOW. We have to take our chances when we got them. Look at Nico, he is taking maximum from all the chances.
    Also, last time, Hamilton had a lot of damage in Bahrain, still he finished third and was catching Kimi.
    One more thing, Toto should just shut up. He is becoming the Ferrari's greatest fan. He is just saying things to make us look good so their achievements looks much better.
    They are playing with us, they say they are scared but, still finish 30 seconds ahead of us. They keep saying we will be a major threat, but its always will.
    One thing to remember "Tomorrow never comes!" You must do things today.
    Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Vettel was in wrong though. Its probably because he was sorry for damage done to kimi.

In any case Kvyat wont be long in RB, he looks horrid this year.
    I don't agree. Watch how wide Kvyat goes after he blows past Vettel. If any car had remained to the outside of Kvyat he would have flat run over them. If you take the inside line on that corner at the start, you must hold that line, you can't just cut from the inside of the corner to the outside edge of the track before you even get through the corner, you must leave room to the outside for the other drivers. Kvyat's speed into the corner was way to high to hold his line and had Vettel not moved over (and into Kimi) Kvyat would have taken Vettel out for sure. A classic case of a younger driver trying to win the race at the first corner and taking out drivers with more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Everyone talks about how we could have done something IF we did not have wing damage, IF we did not crash to each other, IF we did not have an engine blow up in Bahrain, IF we had a not messed up the tier choice in Australia. We are keep making mistakes, most of the time, you make your own luck.
    We just keep making mistakes and keep saying if we had this, if we had that. Also, engine problems, they say, WHEN we will have a better engine, WHEN we will have the issues fixed. Its all just if/when, but its not NOW. We have to take our chances when we got them. Look at Nico, he is taking maximum from all the chances.
    Also, last time, Hamilton had a lot of damage in Bahrain, still he finished third and was catching Kimi.
    One more thing, Toto should just shut up. He is becoming the Ferrari's greatest fan. He is just saying things to make us look good so their achievements looks much better.
    They are playing with us, they say they are scared but, still finish 30 seconds ahead of us. They keep saying we will be a major threat, but its always will.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Its not happening only to us.Look at Ham!!So yes this year is one of those years that they are many TRUE ifs.I dont have a crystal ball to say what will happen but for what i have seeing from winter testing till now the 3d race,yes i DO believe that we are in a much better shape then the results saying and we had a very bad luck with any short of diffenent issues.And the reliability issues where short of bad luck (especialy in Sebs situation) but again as you can see,the Mercs arent bulletproof either!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by radosav View Post
    He shouldn't leave that much space in first place, he could watch his mirrors and close his inner side of corner, and in the end he could chose to hit Kvyat not Kimi !
    He was on the ideal racing line... But when Kimi locked up, he had to brake, so he lost some speed due to that and this allowed Kvyat to use his speed to go inside him. But the space would close up as they run down the apex, so what was there to do? And I'm not even talking how wide he went from the inner end of the corner... Sebastian is with no fault in this one.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Just my 2 cents.
    Did you not see that Rosberg did only two stops and Vettel did 3 stops that is the reason for the 30 plus second gap. Merc are only smart with their strategy and Ferrari is still been too conservative.

Kvyat's move was nearly identical to the one Bottas tried on Hamilton in the first corner in Bahrain. If Seb had allowed DK to collide with him the Russian would have had a penalty - but Vet might have been out of the race.

Lets hope for a clean race in Russia. It's time to get in a position where we can challenge Mercedes without any inconvenient situations happening to us.

At least we had a 1-2 today!!!
    AF Corse came 1-2 in GTE- Pro in Silverstone the 1st round of WEC!!
    And 1st in GTE-Am !!!!!
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 17th April 2016 at 17:19.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Updates are coming in Russia according to Seb so Russian Gp will be the real test for Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    Updates are coming in Russia according to Seb so Russian Gp will be the real test for Ferrari
    It depends on what updates.Because in Bahrain MA also had said that we will bring the 1st updates and we did brought somebits here and there,nothing special!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Kyvat was at fault, but at the same time Vettel is in danger of letting his frustration get the better off him. I can understand why he'd be furious - this is the third race in a row which he probably feels he could have and should have won, but something went wrong for him which he could not control. That's F1 though, sometimes you just have to deal with stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    It depends on what updates.Because in Bahrain MA also had said that we will bring the 1st updates and we did brought somebits here and there,nothing special!!!!
    what do u want? complete new car? thats why are they called updates. He didn't say anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by f300v10 View Post
    I don't agree. Watch how wide Kvyat goes after he blows past Vettel. If any car had remained to the outside of Kvyat he would have flat run over them. If you take the inside line on that corner at the start, you must hold that line, you can't just cut from the inside of the corner to the outside edge of the track before you even get through the corner, you must leave room to the outside for the other drivers. Kvyat's speed into the corner was way to high to hold his line and had Vettel not moved over (and into Kimi) Kvyat would have taken Vettel out for sure. A classic case of a younger driver trying to win the race at the first corner and taking out drivers with more sense.
    EXACTLY When the corner keeps getting tighter one should reduce speed accordingly....not keep accelerating and understeering towards your rivals and on to the outer track.Vettel and even more so Kimi understeered in the first part of the corner opening the door for Kvyat but the russian's speed was too high to keep the line he chose.Vettel is right.

Last edited by Dino; 17th April 2016 at 19:01.

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    what do u want? complete new car? thats why are they called updates. He didn't say anything wrong.
    If we have a knew end plate on the front wing,is this will be a test for the car??
    What i'm saying is that the "test" (for our chance for the rast of the season) will be when we will bring the whole update package PU&chassis (if there is any special on chassis part)!!!If we bring a sagnificant package in Russia then yes our friend is right!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    If we have a knew end plate on the front wing,is this will be a test for the car??
    What i'm saying is that the "test" (for our chance for the rast of the season) will be when we will bring the whole update package PU&chassis (if there is any special on chassis part)!!!If we bring a sagnificant package in Russia then yes our friend is right!!!!
    Dont you think it would be silly for Seb to say we are bringing new updates if hes just talking about new front end plates ? Thats just ridiculous. It would also be silly if they bring updated engine in Russia and in Spain too so one thing has to give. We could be getting a chassis update in Russia and PU update in spain or perhaps both in Russia but thats just my guess. The pressure from SM after seeing our perfomance today could push the team to deliver sooner than later.

Dont you think it would be silly for Seb to say we are bringing new updates if hes just talking about new front end plates ? Thats just ridiculous. It would also be silly if they bring updated engine in Russia and in Spain too so one thing has to give. We could be getting a chassis update in Russia and PU update in spain or perhaps both in Russia but thats just my guess. The pressure from SM after seeing our perfomance today could push the team to deliver sooner than later.
    It would be great to have a satisfying package that wll give us somethinf extra,but most of all i think we need to have a clean fight with Merc to see where we are!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Have Ferrari confirmed we loose 0.5s due to detuned engine or is it Totos dream to keep their advantage? The rules for 2017 will be set late april so they have everything to win by talking up Ferrari.

Even if it is 0.5s which i doubt they will have to do a compromise and win some tenths back. If they have gone to big on the turbo and loose laptime by us7ng too m6ch energy on the turbo they will find a middle way and win some back.

It seems Merc decided the original engine rules. Limuted mgu-k and unlimited mgu-h. If they limit mgu-h now it will close the engines somewhat especially in qualy.

That was a ***** move, Kvyat.

He looked like the cat who ate the canary after the race. He should have thanked Seb for hitting Kimi instead of him. If you look at the replay, Kvyat nearly had all four wheels outside the line entering the turn. The only reason he didn't was because Seb moved over.

Seb's pit lane pass was BRILLIANT!

Overall, it could have been far worse...

Disappointed Since 2010

Like I've been saying Ferrari is well ahead of the Mercs its just that people just dont want to believe.

Well, I think everyone here is for optimism, but being well ahead of Mercs is not getting out qualified and out paced every race. Hope for improvements but stay grounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    Well, I think everyone here is for optimism, but being well ahead of Mercs is not getting out qualified and out paced every race. Hope for improvements but stay grounded.
    This. If Ferrari was ahead of Mercedes, they would be ahead in the points. Potential is worthless if it isn't realized.

Disappointed Since 2010

Ferrari have had bad luck, that is for sure. I find it interesting that Rosberg has had great luck at both Hamilton abd Ferraris misfortunes. So, good for Rosberg on that account. But, this seemingly good luck cant possibly continue. From Vettles POV it must really be humblying. First race was lost to a rare red flag situation. Second race he didnt even get to start and then third race in and he has a situation where he gets roughed up and loses chances of winning due to an extra unplannef pitstop to replace the wing.

So, three races in and we still cant compare true pace and Rosberg's great luck is making life at mercedes look like a perfect vacation. Its got to be great to be Rosberg right now. He could literally take a month off on a real vacation and cone back abd still be in first place.
    That said, Ferrari DO need to adjust their program and gain control over a few key things to decrease their possibility of continued bad luck. For instance- I thought Ferrari lost the race before it ever began with their failed qualifying strategy concerning Vettel choosing just one flying lap in Q3. He made a mistake, cost him 2-3 positions on the grid which ultimately led to him being in a worse scenerio with increased chances of wrecking the car in the first lap. Ferrari should change their approach and try harder to qualify the best it can possibly do. Vettels/Ferrari opting to save a set of ss in Q3 cost them the opportunity to compete with Rosberg in the race. Are Ferrari so scared in qualifying that its hampering their chances if winning? Yes.

I honestly believe that Ferraris actual race pace is better than Mercedes but Ferrari needs to work harder in free practice and qualifying to improve their chances for winning by actually pushing themselves and their cars to be better in qualifying trim and thus better starting grid positions.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    It looks so easy what should have been done, watching the replay over and over again... I am not blaming any one. This was classic start of the race racing incident.
    Agreed. That's the way I see it. Didn't like it, but it is what it is.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Totally agree. And i think even Seb would've done the same if he saw that gap.

Quote by Arrivabene:
    Kvyat was doing his race coming into the curve at high speed but Seb and Kimi were doing the same thing in Kvyat's position.
    Very rational statement in my opinion.