Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021

Thread: Spanish GP 2016 race thread

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    I don't understand all this fuss about losing this race to RBR. The real issue is that even if winning this particular GP, things will not be substantially different as Merc is still in another league. Who really cares who finishes in second position at the end of the season? Precisely, nobody gives a hoot about second best. For us the word is victory. Nothing else matters.
    Sell said and I agree to the extend, as one cannot win all the time. But on the other hand Mercedes is proving me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Sell said and I agree to the extend, as one cannot win all the time. But on the other hand Mercedes is proving me wrong
    Their reign will come to an end also. Possibly next year with the rule changes :D

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Their reign will come to an end also. Possibly next year with the rule changes :D
    Theoretically, yes. Somehow I fear that Ferrari won't be the one who will reign onwards...

“In 2015, Lewis’ attack would have worked but those days are gone and the new Nico drives like Lewis or Vettel. Therefore, the collision occurred,” Lauda said.

Christian Danner, a former German F1 driver, agrees that Sunday was a sign of a “new Nico”.

“I am glad that Nico didn’t wave Lewis past, demonstrating the new Rosberg,” he said.

“Lewis must understand he can no longer intimidate his teammate with such manoeuvres of ‘Here I come, make room for me!’ As for who is to blame, I would say it’s 50-50 — Nico a bit too hard, Lewis too trusting,” Danner added.

Martin Brundle, now a respected British commentator, thinks Rosberg should have left Hamilton some room, but he also thinks the champion was in a hurry to re-pass him.

“Lewis was shocked that he lost the lead at the first corner, which is why he wanted to get it back at the first opportunity.

“Nico was distracted by being in the wrong engine mode, which is why his defense was so hard. But maybe that’s the new Nico,” Brundle added.

“Two years ago he would have settled for second place. Now he’s turned into a winning machine.”
    http://www.thisisf1.com/2016/05/18/h...sberg-pundits/

A " winning machine " avoids a crash, doesn't get distracted. Lewis didn't put him in the wrong engine mode, the new Nico managed that himself. Of course barring any injuries to anyone, I hope Nico doesn't settle for second and Lewis dosn't either. Keep Kimi !!