Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Canadian GP 2016 Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    Hey Stefa and Kyss4k do you wonder if Ham's new pal Bieber will help him get some class? What a wholesome mutual admiration society that is. The pressure from that tongue inside my cheek is killing me!
    There is no cure for "No Class" diseases...

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    There is no cure for "No Class" diseases...
    You know what's even worse?
    The guy is talented for sure, but he has indeed no class.. He thought he as Senna when he entered F1, and in 2011 he messed up so bad, he was saying everyone was against him (like Senna did), however, if you need to say you are like someone, you're a fake.. Now he is living his life and trying to be a popstar like Justin Bieber.. He's the guy in F1 that wins all the time, but also parties all the time.. He probably thinks that's cool.. He's sending Snapchats out in the world of him drinking, smoking stuff etc.. With probably a lot of kids following him.. Yeah, that's a great way to influence people.. But then when Ali died, he's all over him.. He think he can be the same since he has such following.. He isn't inspirational what so ever..
    But the thing that really strikes me: He once said "James Hunt would be proud of me". James Hunt is a legend, and agains he is raping that name.. Hunt was bloody fast and didn't care about anything.. He still had more class than Lewis, because he lived by his own code..

I really think Lewis is talented and deserves to win etc.. But Merc has givin him a car that's to easy to win with.. He doesn't need to work for it.. I'm sure if he gets in a position where it isn't easy anymore he just quits F1..

Some people say he's good for the sport since "he goes out there", I can understand that, but it says more about the sport if we need guys like him to get people to know the sport than it says about him..
    In the past years: guys like Schumacher and Rossi both dominated their sports, won a lot, had a lot of fans, but they didn't do anything outside of the sport.. Those guys are real sportsmen..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Lewis is the only driver that needs a top car to win. Any other driver can win with anything, look at Seb now!
    Everything Lewis does socially is followed religiously by not only his fans but those who hate his notoriaty. I have to believe that whatever he does on and off the track untill retirement time will have him comfortable $$$$$ to do whatever he wants after his F1 years. I only wish top car on Seb so he can do it too. We need him on pole !!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Lewis is the only driver that needs a top car to win. Any other driver can win with anything, look at Seb now!
    Everything Lewis does socially is followed religiously by not only his fans but those who hate his notoriaty. I have to believe that whatever he does on and off the track untill retirement time will have him comfortable $$$$$ to do whatever he wants after his F1 years. I only wish top car on Seb so he can do it too. We need him on pole !!
    Indeed.. We came close because they screwed up, but we're still off in qualy.. Let's hope we can keep improving
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    You know what's even worse?
    The guy is talented for sure, but he has indeed no class.. He thought he as Senna when he entered F1, and in 2011 he messed up so bad, he was saying everyone was against him (like Senna did), however, if you need to say you are like someone, you're a fake.. Now he is living his life and trying to be a popstar like Justin Bieber.. He's the guy in F1 that wins all the time, but also parties all the time.. He probably thinks that's cool.. He's sending Snapchats out in the world of him drinking, smoking stuff etc.. With probably a lot of kids following him.. Yeah, that's a great way to influence people.. But then when Ali died, he's all over him.. He think he can be the same since he has such following.. He isn't inspirational what so ever..
    But the thing that really strikes me: He once said "James Hunt would be proud of me". James Hunt is a legend, and agains he is raping that name.. Hunt was bloody fast and didn't care about anything.. He still had more class than Lewis, because he lived by his own code..

I really think Lewis is talented and deserves to win etc.. But Merc has givin him a car that's to easy to win with.. He doesn't need to work for it.. I'm sure if he gets in a position where it isn't easy anymore he just quits F1..

Some people say he's good for the sport since "he goes out there", I can understand that, but it says more about the sport if we need guys like him to get people to know the sport than it says about him..
    In the past years: guys like Schumacher and Rossi both dominated their sports, won a lot, had a lot of fans, but they didn't do anything outside of the sport.. Those guys are real sportsmen..
    Agree 100%

Well inspite of himself, Lewis' got pole again for todays race. Any other driver in his car would have done the same . Seb for sure has a shot at a win, especially if Lewis checks his "I phone " while driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Well inspite of himself, Lewis' got pole again for todays race. Any other driver in his car would have done the same . Seb for sure has a shot at a win, especially if Lewis checks his "I phone " while driving.
    Or check his hair style

This is Seb's lap:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTqu8q4d7nM

You should watch it at the end, around 1:25

Im very worried about Redbull. Renault has sorted out engine issues and they still got more tokens than us, combined with Rb chassis it's going to be really tough for us..
    Also, don't forget that Redbull usually outdevelops the rest teams.

Kimi Raikkonen: “Since yesterday evening we did a good job and improved a lot the behavior of the car, but today it was still not easy to put the car where I wanted. It was a hectic qualifying session because of the weather conditions and I was not very happy with the driving. I had some issues here and there, I struggled in turn 10 all the times to make the front turn, and it was hard to put the lap together. It has not been an easy weekend so far and if you finish P6 there’s still work to be done, but I’m sure that for the race tomorrow the car will be better”.

Sebastian Vettel: “After P3 I was thinking about pole position, I thought it was possible. The car felt great all day, I think we did a step forward overnight. The last lap in qualifying I was very happy, I knew that it will be very close, unfortunately not close enough, so I think it wasn’t entirely perfect. I lost a bit of time maybe on the exit of Turn 10, I was maybe a bit too early on power, and that compromised the traction, which maybe caused me to lose some momentum onto the straight, I don’t know how much, we’ll find out later, but probably half a tenth or something, so it could have been better overall. I think we all have the feeling today that we can achieve something great. We missed it, but not by much, so I hope for tomorrow. We didn’t have any problem, nothing near to the issues we had in the last two races, we’ve been focusing on that. I think that the people back home have done a good job, trying to assist us as much as possible when we are out on track, and I think today we could show the real performance of the car. Here anything is possible, it’s a track where a lot of things can happen, tomorrow’s weather forecast is also quite tricky, we’ll see. It’s such a great place to drive, the people wave at you on an out lap and just appreciate Formula 1 being here, so the plan for tomorrow is to enjoy and try to do well”.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

In Q2 when seb was 8tenths down on the mercs I was wondering if that was the real gap to the mercs and like most, clearly worried. But come to think of it, the mercs only improved by two tenths from Q2 to Q3 while seb improved by one sec. So now i understand he was saving his race tyres.

Canadian GP 2016 Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    In Q2 when seb was 8tenths down on the mercs I was wondering if that was the real gap to the mercs and like most, clearly worried. But come to think of it, the mercs only improved by two tenths from Q2 to Q3 while seb improved by one sec. So now i understand he was saving his race tyres.
    I think it's bit of both. Mercs made mistake on their final runs. I don't think tenth & a half is the real gap but convinced it's not 6 tenths either, specially on a track like CGV

No, that's for sure not the case!
    Q2 was terrible.. Seb screwed up his S2 on his first run, therefore he needed to do an extra run.. So, his tyres to start the race on have done an extra hot lap compared to Mercs, so definitly not sparing tyres for the race.. Q2 was just a mess up..
    In Q3 he did his first run on used US, Mercs on new US.. On his second run Seb did great and improved.. Mercs messed it up on their second run.. If you take the best sector times in Q3 for the Mercs and combine them and so same for Seb, he would have been 0,3s behind.. Which is probably the real gap around here..

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Kimi Raikkonen: “Since yesterday evening we did a good job and improved a lot the behavior of the car, but today it was still not easy to put the car where I wanted. It was a hectic qualifying session because of the weather conditions and I was not very happy with the driving. I had some issues here and there, I struggled in turn 10 all the times to make the front turn, and it was hard to put the lap together. It has not been an easy weekend so far and if you finish P6 there’s still work to be done, but I’m sure that for the race tomorrow the car will be better”.
    Looks like another tough race for Kimi.

Seb and he are confident about race pace, though. Tyres come to life eventually?

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Q2 was terrible.. Seb screwed up his S2 on his first run, therefore he needed to do an extra run.. So, his tyres to start the race on have done an extra hot lap compared to Mercs, so definitly not sparing tyres for the race.. Q2 was just a mess up..
    In Q3 he did his first run on used US, Mercs on new US.. On his second run Seb did great and improved.. Mercs messed it up on their second run.. If you take the best sector times in Q3 for the Mercs and combine them and so same for Seb, he would have been 0,3s behind.. Which is probably the real gap around here..
    I thought I was a deliberate attempt to save the race set. But anyway when it counted the most, he delivered.

Any updates on the weather?

I think we have to stop discussing about real gap concerning us and Mercedes.
    Both Mercedes have clean last lap on q3 with fresh new tyres and failed to improve because they can't..
    Simple as that.
    If race is dry, Vettel will be just with them.

Quote Originally Posted by jpalmito View Post
    I think we have to stop discussing about real gap concerning us and Mercedes.
    Both Mercedes have clean last lap on q3 with fresh new tyres and failed to improve because they can't..
    Simple as that.
    If race is dry, Vettel will be just with them.
    Indeed,
    my biggest concerns are the RBR's for Seb and Williams' for Kimi..
    IF (!) everything stays the same after the first few laps, Seb has a chance of undercutting second Merc, since they can't pit both, but he'll be very very vulnerable from an undercut of RBR..

Any updates on the weather?
    Watching some web cams and so far it's dry. But super cloudy and the probability of rain is getting higher. Right now it's at 15%, in an hour time it should reach the max of 24% chance.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Watching some web cams and so far it's dry. But super cloudy and the probability of rain is getting higher. Right now it's at 15%, in an hour time it should reach the max of 24% chance.
    Thanks. I hope its a dry race. We have pace to cover redbull but not so sure in the wet....

Actually its 0,253!!
    Attachment 6753
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I like this track, but the start here I don't like so much.. Very short run and difficult combination of corners.. if you try something in turn 1, you can be screwed in turn 2..

I like this track, but the start here I don't like so much.. Very short run and difficult combination of corners.. if you try something in turn 1, you can be screwed in turn 2..
    That's right. If you watch last year's start, Kimi almost lost 3rd to bottas at turn 2. Have to be really careful with Ricciardo.

+11 , no rain yet

That's right. If you watch last year's start, Kimi almost lost 3rd to bottas at turn 2. Have to be really careful with Ricciardo.
    Indeed, he get's a good start, better than ROS, but the run is to short to really try something so he needs to abort which puts him vulnerable to Bottas.. Always the case here.. I don't like that

3, 2, 1... it started to rain right... NOW! and it stopped, uff
    Last edited by Kyss4k; 12th June 2016 at 17:00.

3, 2, 1... it started to rain right... NOW!
    No rain yet
    But it sure is cccccoooolllldddd......brrrrrr
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    No rain yet
    But it sure is cccccoooolllldddd......brrrrrr
    Are you at the circuit? Congrats and have a great race mate I just saw Sky guys grabbing an umbrella so I figured the wet stuff came down :)

Are you at the circuit? Congrats and have a great race mate I just saw Sky guys grabbing an umbrella so I figured the wet stuff came down :)
    YeAh I'm at the circuit
    Just a few sprinkles here and there but nothing major

Just enough to spice things up

Forza FERRARI
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.