Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: European Grand Prix Free Practices and Qualifying

Just checked the top speeds... We are THE slowest team on average on top speed in 3rd sector. Wow.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    Unless Seb has a great start like Canada and defend like Ves did on Rosberg and also if we didn't mess up with strategy there's a very little chance that we might be on podium..
    If we choose to race Rosberg tomorrow, this would be already the wrong strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Just checked the top speeds... We are THE slowest team on average on top speed in 3rd sector. Wow.
    So much with the new turbo

Are Ferrari running the new engine/turbo? Or are we having to compensate for our awful mechanical grip and traction by cranking up the wing?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    He'll finish on podium easily!!
    Yeah, I think so too. The difference between mercs and the rest is just scary

Oh no.. Are we within the 107% overall ??

Seb starts from 3rd ‘with good chances to do a good job’

Yesterday we weren’t very strong. However, we came back today, although not yet where we want to be. We also benefitted from the penalty of Perez. Now we have to focus on a good start. I think tomorrow anything can happen for anyone. It will be a long race with a lot of laps. If I started fourth tomorrow I would be more angry. So, I think it is fine this way and that we started on the clean side. I think it’s likely to make quite a big difference on a new track. Maybe I am wrong, but usually we have good starts. I’ve had a good feeling already this weekend, so we’ll see. It’s going to be a long race. We have to stay focused all through the race, it will be tough. I think it is possible to overtake, there is a very long straight. We will see tomorrow how much easy or difficult it will be, but in general I think it is possible. I am always nervous before any race, which is good because it means that I care. It has been a very tough weekend trying to find the rhythm. I believe it is easy to make mistakes. This track is surprisingly bumpy and it is not easy to find the right time and to manage hard brakings and high speed. We are happy but not entirely because the gap with Mercedes is very big, but it will be a long race with plenty of opportunities, I guess. After the weekend we will try to understand where we were losing time, but for the moment let’s focus on the race, because we have all the chances to do a good job.

Exactly! That's what I remember! The driver that set the time first should be ahead.

so much negativity about our team.I think we have cranked up the wing to compensate lack of mechanical grip and we can't get into optimal tyre temperature so is redbull.We are good in start.If we able to pass rosberg and keep him at bay for first few laps and few laps immediately after pits,we will win for sure.REmember we have the best pu for now.

Let's hope for a clean race for both especially Kimi no hitting the barriers, please!!

Do you really think that if in Canada we are at the top, we now are at the bottom? S3 top speed massively influenced by a good tow.. You should look at the difference between BOT-MAS, VES-RIC.. Same care with such a difference..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by f150italia View Post
    so much negativity about our team.I think we have cranked up the wing to compensate lack of mechanical grip and we can't get into optimal tyre temperature so is redbull.We are good in start.If we able to pass rosberg and keep him at bay for first few laps and few laps immediately after pits,we will win for sure.REmember we have the best pu for now.
    With S3 being what it is, DRS + tow will make overtaking easy for Merc powered cars.. Nothing much you can do..We can only hope on a good start from us, but also RIC.. So ROS isn't right behind us.. Then we need some VSC etc.. We need that Merc in traffic so it's brakes get to hot
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

I believe everything is uncertain for this race, even for the mercs.... more so for other teams. A lot of things can happen given the nature of the circuit, let's just hope luck falls on our side this time.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    I believe everything is uncertain for this race, even for the mercs.... more so for other teams. A lot of things can happen given the nature of the circuit, let's just hope luck falls on our side this time.
    I think it's clear Mercs are in a class of their own.. FI probably second best here.. I think we are better in the race then RBR..
    But this race is going to be chaotic.. Crashes, SC, Red flag, VSC, traffic.. Blue flags... Anything can happen..

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Do you really think that if in Canada we are at the top, we now are at the bottom? S3 top speed massively influenced by a good tow.. You should look at the difference between BOT-MAS, VES-RIC.. Same care with such a difference..
    So you are saying we are so uncopetent that we're not able to find ourself a tow? The only team, when no driver was able to do that? I don't know what option is worse.

So you are saying we are so uncopetent that we're not able to find ourself a tow? The only team, when no driver was able to do that? I don't know what option is worse.
    I'm just saying you should look at the facts.. RBR and Williams drivers had huge differences in top speed, due to a tow.. So the top speed here isn't a real reflection of what our engine is capable off.. Bottas did that massive top speed on a very slow lap, why? because he had such a nice tow of Verstappen they both got compromised in turn 1.. Verstappen has much faster top speed then RIC, but RIC starts P2..

I mean, if you whant to complain and moan all the time, fine do so, but then there's no point in a real discussion..

I'm just saying you should look at the facts.. RBR and Williams drivers had huge differences in top speed, due to a tow.. So the top speed here isn't a real reflection of what our engine is capable off.. Bottas did that massive top speed on a very slow lap, why? because he had such a nice tow of Verstappen they both got compromised in turn 1.. Verstappen has much faster top speed then RIC, but RIC starts P2..

I mean, if you whant to complain and moan all the time, fine do so, but then there's no point in a real discussion..
    And I just said our top speed was the combined worst. Isn't that a fact? Wasn't moaning, just an information.

Ham to get a set of tyres similar to the ones used in qualy 2 even if they are not his. His tyres are not safe to start the race

https://mobile.twitter.com/andrewbensonf1?p=s

I say make him start from the pit lane.

And I just said our top speed was the combined worst. Isn't that a fact? Wasn't moaning, just an information.
    Yes, but what do you want to conclude from that?
    Our starting positions are the combined BEST (just to be clear, I'm not saying we are good here), in Canada we weren't off the top speed so...

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Ham to get a set of tyres similar to the ones used in qualy 2 even if they are not his. His tyres are not safe to start the race

https://mobile.twitter.com/andrewbensonf1?p=s

I say make him start from the pit lane.
    More chance of him getting involved in something from the midfield..

More chance of him getting involved in something from the midfield..
    Hope so.

Hope so.
    If he doesn't get a problem he'll be for sure on the podium.. that Merc is 2s a lap faster than the midfield

If he doesn't get a problem he'll be for sure on the podium.. that Merc is 2s a lap faster than the midfield
    I think the issue will be with vsc and safety carI bunching up the field together. Whatever gap we manage will disappear and before you know it He'll be right behind us.

we are screwed..

Marchionne is in Baku

I think the issue will be with vsc and safety carI bunching up the field together. Whatever gap we manage will disappear and before you know it He'll be right behind us.
    Yes indeed.. Will be a chaotic race.. Just hope on a solid race and then we'll see..

we are screwed..

Marchionne is in Baku
    Yes.... everytime he shows up something happens to our team.

Allowing Hamilton to change tires is disgraceful.

It is really needed he can pit at the end of lap one or Merc can start from the pitlane with whatever tires they choose.

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    Allowing Hamilton to change tires is disgraceful.

It is really needed he can pit at the end of lap one or Merc can start from the pitlane with whatever tires they choose.
    Looks almost like Mercedes has something on FiA as everything seem to go for them...

What's happened to Ferrari? Just to slow. At least the LeMans is going ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I'm wondering. Usually you are supposed to pit on lap one if this was the case. Why give him a free pit stop??

Other teams should question this.