Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: James Allison to leave the Scuderia!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    I read yesterday that his children are grown-ups so perhaps there was mutual wish to terminate the contract.

As far as whether SF16 is bad or not it has been getting better. I don't know anything about anything but somehow it looks to me that the team has and has had difficulties to pinpoint the possible fundamental problems with aero, chassis, suspension etc. swiftly and to iron them out. A small tweak here and there is peanuts if there are fundamental problems with the design. Nevertheless, I hope that the development continues and they manage to improve the car.

The problem with this all is that if the team does not understand and know why the car is so sensitive to temperatures etc. those same problems will most likely affect SF17 as well.
    Said this before but not with this detail: it all could very well be just Engineer A telling his supervisor "we should do this because the data suggests success" and either 1) said supervisor is not able to carry out a viable plan to support the fix or 2) processes/organizational structures in place prevent the correct fix being applied in a timely manner.

There is no shortage of talent and skill in an F1 team's technical department. These just need to be harnessed properly.

Come back home Ross.

Ferrari needs to make him an offer he can't refuse.

“Nothing has come along that has made me think that I want to change my lifestyle again, and that’s still the case.”

Brawn, though, conceded that he may consider returning to the sport should the right offer be put on the table.

“That’s why you can never say never,” he added. “I don’t know what it would be, to be frank. My life is fairly busy, and I don’t seem to have a spare day.

“Nothing has come along that has made me think that I want to change my lifestyle again, and that’s still the case.”

Brawn, though, conceded that he may consider returning to the sport should the right offer be put on the table.

“That’s why you can never say never,” he added. “I don’t know what it would be, to be frank. My life is fairly busy, and I don’t seem to have a spare day."

79af6b3bc5b23131ace1d835c402fa444ebd7cfc574c6b040665280337e74d7e.jpg

Disappointed Since 2010

Brawn denies replacing Ferrari's Allison.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...raris_Allison/

I really can't see Ross Brawn returning to Ferrari, no matter what incentives he's given. We can't assume that past success would be achieved, it would take time and Ross is no longer willing to devote himself 24/7 to any team. We need to pick ourselves up and continue to show a fighting spirit, ignore all the negative talk and hope that Binotto can perhaps inject some new ideas.

too bad that there seems no "new" faces available in this sport which might be also a invest in the future of the SF ...
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Keep in mind that Todt also had a business background. Yes he rallied too in his younger years but he wasn't an engineer.
    I think it has to do with how they run the team. Todt duty is to find the right talent to lead the development, and he has to trust the people he hire to get the job done. He manages the people in the team, but he certainly cannot get his hands on the technical stuff because that's beyond his expertise, that is the duty of Rory Bryne. He has to trust Rory to make the right decision.

If the manager at the top tries to get involve in all the decisions like development etc. then that will be a problem.

According to AMuS RBR and Mr Allison are negotiating. Prepare yourselves for even stronger Red Bulls.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/f...-11563946.html

According to AMuS RBR and Mr Allison are negotiating. Prepare yourselves for even stronger Red Bulls.

Newey to Ferrari then?

Mr Newey is not leaving RBR.

Yeah I guess so. And seems like James Key is going to Williams in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Newey to Ferrari then?
    that would NEVER happen...Newey has stated that he would NEVER move to maranello...
    the only way he would join Ferrari is if Ferrari would have a plant in England...and we all know Ferrari's philosophy...ITALY only...

Newey to Ferrari then?
    Just great!!! Like Mr. Newey wasn't enough!!!!

Yeah I guess so. And seems like James Key is going to Williams in 2018.
    so in other words we will Struggle for many, many years to come....this is Ferrari for ya...very hard headed and NEVER willing to think outside the box

Would you guys calm down. You are acting as if Allison made a rocketship at Ferrari. His ideas didn't make the 2016 Ferrari car fast, they wont help RBR either.

:-p

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Would you guys calm down. You are acting as if Allison made a rocketship at Ferrari. His ideas didn't make the 2016 Ferrari car fast, they wont help RBR either.

I won't be so sure about it....

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post

Have you heard of Aldo Costa?

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    that would NEVER happen...Newey has stated that he would NEVER move to maranello...
    the only way he would join Ferrari is if Ferrari would have a plant in England...and we all know Ferrari's philosophy...ITALY only...
    It actually seemed very likely Newey would move to Ferrari for 2015, he was in advanced negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    It actually seemed very likely Newey would move to Ferrari for 2015, he was in advanced negotiations.
    and you know that HOW??? u have an inside person within Ferrari that told you that??? please, Newey would never in a million years come to ferrari....no freaking way, NOT unless Ferrari builds a home base in England....or Milton Keneys...Newey himself said that he would NEVER move away from his family...and he would have to do JUST that if he would come to ferrari...just like James Allison did

so yeah...pretty 100% sure he won't be part of ferrari any time soon.....no matter HOW MUCH $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ FERRARI are willing to offer him
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I won't be so sure about it....
    Quote Originally Posted by impactX View Post
    Have you heard of Aldo Costa?
    Do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign?

I am pointing to the fact that it seems awesome people come to Ferrari and design a total turd, then leave and design awesome cars elsewhere. Clearly the problem is Ferrari, and not the engineers...

Too many cooks in the kitchen spoil the broth!

Well, we could hope for that.

EDIT: Or is it to do with Newey's reduced role that I recall hearing hasn't been so reduced this season?
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Too many cooks in the kitchen spoil the broth!

Well, we could hope for that.

EDIT: Or is it to do with Newey's reduced role that I recall hearing hasn't been so reduced this season?
    Mercedes started with too many 'cooks' in 2013, we know how it panned out. Early to say but RedBull & Max will be a major force next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

Haven't you heard of John Barnard?

Quote Originally Posted by BigGar32 View Post
    Haven't you heard of John Barnard?
    And we all know how that 1996 was "good"...

Autosport reports today that Allison has turned down the
    offer from Reno...

Interesting article from motorsport.

Ross Brawn says he left Mercedes at the end of 2013 because he could not trust Niki Lauda and Toto Wolff, who had been added to the management team by the Stuttgart manufacturer.

Brawn, who sold his team to Mercedes after the successful 2009 season, explains the reasons for his departure in his new book, Total Competition.

In it he discusses his career at length with co-author Adam Parr.

"What happened at Mercedes is that people were imposed on me who I couldn't trust," Brawn says.

"I never really knew what they were trying to do. I mean Niki would tell me one thing, then I would hear he was saying something else."

Brawn then recounts the story of Wolff making critical comments about him in a conversation recorded by former F1 team boss Colin Kolles.

"So I was beginning to deal with people who I didn't feel I could ultimately trust; people within the team, who had let me down already in terms of their approach.

"Then in early 2013, I discovered Paddy Lowe had been contracted to join the team and it had been signed off in Stuttgart. When I challenged Toto and Niki, they blamed each other. I met them to have it out with them. And they both pointed to each other…"

He adds: "I couldn't trust this people, so I saw no future unless I was willing to go to war and remove them. I saw no future with people that I didn't feel I could trust."

Brawn points out that he had not previously been in an "us or them" situation at a senior level in a team: "I have never faced that and maybe I just didn't feel passionately enough about the whole project to want to go through that grief."

Brawn says he didn't understand why as well as being given management roles, Lauda and Wolff also became shareholders in the Brackley team.

"I think one complication in all of that was Toto and Niki became shareholders, which was an interesting decision by Mercedes. I never really understood it.

"Their view was that they wanted management who were committed and I think they also took a view that by being shareholders they would gain greater respect from the team.

"That they partly own the team, so by coming in and being a shareholder they were putting their money where their mouth was. That's what they hoped."

Total Competition is published by Simon & Schuster on 3 November.

And we all know how that 1996 was "good"...
    So you focus on the bad, Schumi won 3 races in 96, how about you mention how the 97 chassis nearly won us the title? But off course be negative about everything Ferrari.....

But the real point was Ferrari have moved outside of Italy if it suited them and someone they really wanted.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So you focus on the bad, Schumi won 3 races in 96, how about you mention how the 97 chassis nearly won us the title? But off course be negative about everything Ferrari.....

But the real point was Ferrari have moved outside of Italy if it suited them and someone they really wanted.
    I didn't mentioned 1997, simply as we were talking about 1996
    Yes in 1997 it was nearly Ferrari won, if it wasn't for that crash MS on JV.....
    And no I am not focusing on bad and not mentioning just negative things. In 1998 and 1999 even with dominant McLarens we we giving them hell!!!

I didn't mentioned 1997, simply as we were talking about 1996
    Yes in 1997 it was nearly Ferrari won, if it wasn't for that crash MS on JV.....
    And no I am not focusing on bad and not mentioning just negative things. In 1998 and 1999 even with dominant McLarens we we giving them hell!!!
    We? you are the only one who attached 96 to Bernard, it was not the only car he designed for us....he never designed 98 or 99 so they are not really relevant to discussing Ferrari moving the design team to England.
    Forza Ferrari