Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: James Allison to leave the Scuderia!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    We? you are the only one who attached 96 to Bernard, it was not the only car he designed for us....he never designed 98 or 99 so they are not really relevant to discussing Ferrari moving the design team to England.
    Absolutely right! I was not referring to JB, I was just saying that 1996 was not particularly good year for Ferrari... And because you are saying that I am negative I have used 1998 and 1999 as examples of good years even without title.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Interesting article from motorsport.

Ross Brawn says he left Mercedes at the end of 2013 because he could not trust Niki Lauda and Toto Wolff, who had been added to the management team by the Stuttgart manufacturer.

Brawn, who sold his team to Mercedes after the successful 2009 season, explains the reasons for his departure in his new book, Total Competition.

In it he discusses his career at length with co-author Adam Parr.

"What happened at Mercedes is that people were imposed on me who I couldn't trust," Brawn says.

"I never really knew what they were trying to do. I mean Niki would tell me one thing, then I would hear he was saying something else."

Brawn then recounts the story of Wolff making critical comments about him in a conversation recorded by former F1 team boss Colin Kolles.

"So I was beginning to deal with people who I didn't feel I could ultimately trust; people within the team, who had let me down already in terms of their approach.

"Then in early 2013, I discovered Paddy Lowe had been contracted to join the team and it had been signed off in Stuttgart. When I challenged Toto and Niki, they blamed each other. I met them to have it out with them. And they both pointed to each other…"

He adds: "I couldn't trust this people, so I saw no future unless I was willing to go to war and remove them. I saw no future with people that I didn't feel I could trust."

Brawn points out that he had not previously been in an "us or them" situation at a senior level in a team: "I have never faced that and maybe I just didn't feel passionately enough about the whole project to want to go through that grief."

Brawn says he didn't understand why as well as being given management roles, Lauda and Wolff also became shareholders in the Brackley team.

"I think one complication in all of that was Toto and Niki became shareholders, which was an interesting decision by Mercedes. I never really understood it.

"Their view was that they wanted management who were committed and I think they also took a view that by being shareholders they would gain greater respect from the team.

"That they partly own the team, so by coming in and being a shareholder they were putting their money where their mouth was. That's what they hoped."

Total Competition is published by Simon & Schuster on 3 November.

So this is why.... to exact revenge on his old team and Toto and Lauda... he should come back to Ferrari and see if he can get us to become dominant again and kick those mercs all over the track.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Absolutely right! I was not referring to JB, I was just saying that 1996 was not particularly good year for Ferrari... And because you are saying that I am negative I have used 1998 and 1999 as examples of good years even without title.
    Ok then so you mentioned 96 for no reason other than it was another negative.....got it now.
    Forza Ferrari

I didn't mentioned 1997, simply as we were talking about 1996
    Yes in 1997 it was nearly Ferrari won, if it wasn't for that crash MS on JV.....
    And no I am not focusing on bad and not mentioning just negative things. In 1998 and 1999 even with dominant McLarens we we giving them hell!!!
    Actually, what lost us the title in 1997 was Schumacher's crash in warm-up in Hungary where he wrecked the new chassis they brought, so he had to use the old one in the race which chewed up the tyres. If he had won then he could have settled for second in Jerez.

Report links Boullier with Ferrari move

Amid what the Italian press is calling a 'crisis', the rumours about a change at the top at Ferrari are resurfacing again.

Several Italian sources are hinting at a rift between president Sergio Marchionne and team boss Maurizio Arrivabene, with new technical boss Mattia Binotto a favourite to step in.

And the Spanish sports daily Marca said McLaren's Eric Boullier is another name that has been linked with Ferrari in recent weeks.

Flavio Briatore, the well-known former Renault supremo, told Radio Capital's 'TG Zero' programme this week that Marchionne's F1 inexperience may be showing.

"Marchionne is investing a lot, but formula one is an ugly beast and if you don't know it well, it gores you," said the Italian.

"Every year we think of the next one for Ferrari. It is not a lack of money: no, they have everything," Briatore insisted.

"Rather, Ferrari has the same men it had two years ago, but when someone goes he is not replaced. So I think the results are a logical consequence," he added.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns35060.html

Ok then so you mentioned 96 for no reason other than it was another negative.....got it now.
    OK. I'll try again. I have used it as an example when Ferrari was working with JB who was sitting in UK. Got it?

OK. I'll try again. I have used it as an example when Ferrari was working with JB who was sitting in UK. Got it?
    I know, a negative example as I said.
    Forza Ferrari

I know, a negative example as I said.

OK I give up... You won!!! You are the most positive Ferrari supporter ever. Congratulations

OK I give up... You won!!! You are the most positive Ferrari supporter ever. Congratulations
    What did I say that was positive? oh yeah I never I just don't constantly seek the negatives like yourself
    Forza Ferrari

What did I say that was positive? oh yeah I never I just don't constantly seek the negatives like yourself
    Now this is childish! It has to be your last. So please do reply on this!

Now this is childish! It has to be your last. So please do reply on this!
    Childish by stating the obvious?
    Forza Ferrari

Briatore is right. Marchione's absence is costing us, a lot. He has not the experience or the knowledge of F1. Hi is just an economist that think money can buy anything. Not in this case. Ferrari need a leader to be present full time.

Childish by stating the obvious?
    As I said. You did it again

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    So this is why.... to exact revenge on his old team and Toto and Lauda... he should come back to Ferrari and see if he can get us to become dominant again and kick those mercs all over the track.
    That would be awesome! Bring back Ross!

Bring back Ross in the same roll JT had in the Schumi era,the team was magic.

we cannot always depend on RB and Co. We need to develop our own people. I'm sure that without pressure from SM and tragic death of JA's wife we could do much better but it happens