Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Singapore GP Free Practice and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by SinanOzerS View Post
    5th for Kimi. As expected.
    He did 110%
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

We managed to build a slower car than last year

Arrivabene = Arrivederci

wt a horrible this year ferrari car....!! not even in single race they looked comfortable in this year. with all reliability & Strategy problems handing over championships to RB & Mercs from years.

Word of advice for the Ferrari team - don't bother going to go to a brewery with a group of friends because you will not be able to organise a "party"*!

* That's a euphemism!! Pfft!
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    That was a superb lap from Raikkonen.
    There was nothing spectacular about it.

Disappointing; 2009 to 2016...

Will great first corner tomorrow. Kimi did all that he could. Attempt no. 1 was best possible.

Its just disappointing seeing how far ahead we were compared to Red Bull and how much behind we are now...

Last year Vettel on SS 43.8, This year KR on US 43.5.

Improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    yes too much of politics inside ferrari....!! this is ruining their history in F1
    The thing is the management buy into the fan base. We as ferrari fans have to take some of the blame. Vying for people to be cut etc. Aldo Costa? Dumped and now part of an absolutely dominant Merc team.

Ferrari management have bought into the view that success in instantaneous. That Merc team was the result of Brawns long term vision. No coincidence that two teams he's managed over long periods have seen sustained periods of success.

F1 isn't like football, chopping and changing managers and players for short term success doesn't work. You need to be ahead of the curve at the start of a regulation change and not playing catch up. Unfortunately at every major reg change since 2009 we have been behind.

Given we sacked our TD and reshuffled midway through development for 2017, I suspect we should expect another barren run until the next reg change.

Ferrari - F1's Newcastle United..
    Trying to be less angry..

wts more worse is that, ferrari doesnt have vision how to overcome these set of problems which has been costing them alot from years.
    they r shuffling the team, sacking all of them etc....
    i don't see them coming top of these problems anyway near future, sorry to say this. I'm off with my office colleagues who r constantly chanting mercs & RB's for a certain period of time. huhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by ss-89 View Post
    The thing is the management buy into the fan base. We as ferrari fans have to take some of the blame. Vying for people to be cut etc. Aldo Costa? Dumped and now part of an absolutely dominant Merc team.

Ferrari management have bought into the view that success in instantaneous. That Merc team was the result of Brawns long term vision. No coincidence that two teams he's managed over long periods have seen sustained periods of success.

F1 isn't like football, chopping and changing managers and players for short term success doesn't work. You need to be ahead of the curve at the start of a regulation change and not playing catch up. Unfortunately at every major reg change since 2009 we have been behind.

Given we sacked our TD and reshuffled midway through development for 2017, I suspect we should expect another barren run until the next reg change.
    totally agree with you. Ferrari looking for immediate results, they don't seems to have long-term vision. Also there are no set of people in ferrari who look in that way. Bunch of jokers in the team. Except the drivers.

Utterly disappointing. Between one car being broken and seemingly no improvement over last year's time despite a softer tire and a year of development, it has been beyond frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-89 View Post
    I said earlier in the year that Ferrari will not win another championship this decade. I stand by that assessment. They are totally lost, technically and in terms of management. They hav no idea what they are doing wrong or how to make it right.

What makes me even more upset is when Horner said by the second half they would catch ferrari, I was having a good laugh. Never thought it would be possible and now this. These guys know exactly what they are talking about and unfortunately we haven't got the faintest clue.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Utterly disappointing. Between one car being broken and seemingly no improvement over last year's time despite a softer tire and a year of development, it has been beyond frustrating.

I said earlier in the year that Ferrari will not win another championship this decade. I stand by that assessment. They are totally lost, technically and in terms of management. They hav no idea what they are doing wrong or how to make it right.
    Completely clueless

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    What makes me even more upset is when Horner said by the second half they would catch ferrari, I was having a good laugh. Never thought it would be possible and now this. These guys know exactly what they are talking about and unfortunately we haven't got the faintest clue.
    That is the difference right there isn't it?

Ferrari say they will challenge Merc and are nowhere near. RBR say they will beat Ferrari and do it.

Ferrari has not been able to develop a car during the season since the test ban went into effect and in that time they have not been able to adapt. They seem to be a dinosaur, unable to evolve fast enough in order to overcome the stresses of a new environment. The teams that can evolve, thrive. We all know what happened to the dinosaurs.

It's completely sad, but Ferrari lost their pace and development rute and we'll see a big negative impact on next year's car...

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    That is the difference right there isn't it?

Ferrari say they will challenge Merc and are nowhere near. RBR say they will beat Ferrari and do it.

Ferrari has not been able to develop a car during the season since the test ban went into effect and in that time they have not been able to adapt. They seem to be a dinosaur, unable to evolve fast enough in order to overcome the stresses of a new environment. The teams that can evolve, thrive. We all know what happened to the dinosaurs.
    Yeah and we might have to go through the same pain all over again next year. Hope not.... but highly possible.

Sebastian Vettel believes his Ferrari had the pace to qualify on the front row on the Singapore Grand Prix grid.

Vettel will start the race from last place after suffering a suspension failure during Q1 that meant he was unable to set a competitive time.

Although teammate Kimi Raikkonen, who had been quicker than Vettel all weekend, qualified in fifth, the German reckons the top two spots were possible.

"It's a big shame. I think the car was good enough to put it on the first row," said Vettel.

"It was quite obvious to see that going around on three wheels doesn't really work."

Vettel said he completed two laps with the broken anti-roll bar as he had no time to fix.

Easy to say from last spot - "Front row was possible". Too much if this, if that, but, could been...
    Kimi has been faster all weekend. To be honest, there we are solid 5 and 6(without problem). Admitting problems is the first step. Excuses makes me sick.

Saw this on twitter
    #Seb5: 'It's not bad luck, it is a rear failure'
    I could be wrong, but I feel like Vettel is getting frustrated with all the technical issues this season.

Personally I would agree that we cannot brush this off as bad luck. Bad luck is a one off. With the number of reliability issues we had this season, there has to be a systematical failure somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    Easy to say from last spot - "Front row was possible". Too much if this, if that, but, could been...
    Kimi has been faster all weekend. To be honest, there we are solid 5 and 6(without problem). Admitting problems is the first step. Excuses makes me sick.
    So, hence, therefore?

It's not Vettel's fault the car had a mechanical failure

Now all our hopes lie on the lizard to have any hope of seb making through the field

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Saw this on twitter

I could be wrong, but I feel like Vettel is getting frustrated with all the technical issues this season.

Personally I would agree that we cannot brush this off as bad luck. Bad luck is a one off. With the number of reliability issues we had this season, there has to be a systematical failure somewhere.

So, hence, therefore?

That front row was possible comment is a bad one, he is taking a wack at kimi here, at least that is what i understand. Seb was the slowest Ferrari all weekend, its like Sainz saying he could get front row. Admit there is a problem at Ferrari, and stop shooting for the moon when you are weaker than the other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Saw this on twitter

So, hence, therefore?

No, not Vettel's fault(unless he touched the wall bit too hard, like he did in free practise).
    Drivers need to boost themselves. Still Seb's front row was too much if you really look at the performance all weekend so far.

How much more depressing does it have to get? We didn't expect miracles at this track but hopes were high, now we have to hold our breath to see if Kimi can avoid Max and Seb can avoid any first lap incidents. The negativity displayed on this thread says it all, which is soul-destroying for any tifoso and embarrassing with it. But I'll hang on in there just hoping for a break........

again mate, we're THIRD best team....we've been schooled by red bull again....not saying anything about Mercedes as they are from another planet
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Arrivabene = Arrivederci
    yup, me too....i really hope he will get teh big BOOT after this season

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yup, me too....i really hope he will get teh big BOOT after this season
    Honestly I don't think it is one man guilt. To my opinion it is a whole process a whole structure, politics, call it what ever you like it, is at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Honestly I don't think it is one man guilt. To my opinion it is a whole process a whole structure, politics, call it what ever you like it, is at fault.
    Yes it's not one man's fault. Entire structure is wrong.
    Sorry to say, I don't c any progress with current Ferrari structure for the next year too even though regulations are getting changed.
    Just we r loving In hope... That is not accepting our failures.
    "Hope is not the vision of tomorrow"...