Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2016 United States Grand Prix Circuit of the Americas

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    https://clyp.it/kz0eamfs

Please listen to this. WE'RE A JOKE.
    Confusing, just like a pit stop and strategy and everything else in Scuderia

I just wonder what kind of strategy they had in mind for Seb, keeping him out for so long and then basically doing the same as everyone else. They had something different planned for Kimi, maybe it would have worked out if it weren't for the VSC and his DNF of course.

Ferrari, The Joke (2016). SACKEM ALL, JUST DO IT !

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yup....complete JOKE....jesus we have MAJOR issues mates inside FERRARI.....and i'm not so sure or have a warm and fuzzy feeling about 2017

we have a LOTTTTTA work ahead of us if we want to make a difference come 2017
    No mate, 2017 won't make any difference,like 2009,2010,2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016 did not make any difference

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    No mate, 2017 won't make any difference,like 2009,2010,2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016 did not make any difference
    Well, as a Ferrari fan I always hope for the best, and I trust the team will find a way to get back to the top. It has to get better. The only thing that makes me sad is that we've gone backwards from last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    I just wonder what kind of strategy they had in mind for Seb, keeping him out for so long and then basically doing the same as everyone else. They had something different planned for Kimi, maybe it would have worked out if it weren't for the VSC and his DNF of course.
    A complete joke was the strategy for Seb. Guess they though a wheel gun or gear box failure would happen to him as well so they didnt bother planning the strategy, towards the end they were surprised he was actually going to finish and decided to pit him again

Heck Ferrari..is this the best you can do?

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    A complete joke was the strategy for Seb. Guess they though a wheel gun or gear box failure would happen to him as well so they didnt bother planning the strategy, towards the end they were surprised he was actually going to finish and decided to pit him again

Let's look towards Mexico now. It can't get any worse than last year with two DNFs.

Yeah Scuderia Fiat is doing a fine job

Alonso must feel vindicater now with Ferrari sadly continuing to struggle and McL on an upward curve..

It's one thing to complain about the speed of the car or the lack of development during the season as making a winning car is not easy. But all these stupid mistakes and awful strategies have been going on far too long. Since 2008 it's been a disaster. I swear Ferrari are doing what they can to have as much Italian inside the factory as possible instead of just looking for the right person for the job, regardless of where they originate from.

That heavy sigh from Kimi at the end tells the whole story. Nothing more need be said.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    That heavy sigh from Kimi at the end tells the whole story. Nothing more need be said.
    Exactly...

Sooner or later, regardless of driving for the "red car" won't be enough... We won't be able to attract the biggest names...

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    It's one thing to complain about the speed of the car or the lack of development during the season as making a winning car is not easy. But all these stupid mistakes and awful strategies have been going on far too long. Since 2008 it's been a disaster. I swear Ferrari are doing what they can to have as much Italian inside the factory as possible instead of just looking for the right person for the job, regardless of where they originate from.
    Spot on, mate!

IMHO, Marco Mattiacci should have stayed at the job, just because he was close to LdM was not a reason to replace him. The guy was one of the best proven managers in the group.

Bring back Ross Brawn.

Couldn't watch the race but from the results it seems we threw away another opportunity to claw back some of the points against Red Bull.

Not really sure what is happening this year, is this the effect of JA leaving ? I mean last year we were really good and took all opportunities thrown at us with both hands. But this year its the complete opposite. I think we definitely need someone like Ross Brawn to rescue us from the situation we are in. I know most of us don't think its possible but recently he mentioned that if an interesting role is presented to him he might reconsider.

Glad this miserable season is coming to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by SinanOzerS View Post
    I've missed Alonso so much.
    He is good for changing tire?

Quote Originally Posted by galway1 View Post
    Alonso must feel vindicater now with Ferrari sadly continuing to struggle and McL on an upward curve..
    when lewis left mclaren everyone thought he was a fool, same for alonso he gave it many years for team to improve but all that was proven to him were the internal deficiencies within the team, next vettel will leave but not kimi

or maybe not

Quote Originally Posted by galway1 View Post
    He is at an even worse team. Vettel had 1 minute ahead of him towards the end of the race. You cant recover from that no matter how good your development is. Mclaren is far behind us

He is at an even worse team. Vettel had 1 minute ahead of him towards the end of the race. You cant recover from that no matter how good your development is. Mclaren is far behind us
    I'd say you consider how much Ferrari improved from 2014 to 15. Never underestimate your rivals. Although next year I see RedBull as the biggest threat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maurizio Arrivabene: “Obviously, we had hoped for a better result this weekend. Once again, though, we paid a heavy price for our qualifying position. In the race, our pace was definitely better than yesterday, and we could have fought for a podium finish. Now we move to Mexico straight away, and we will put our maximum effort and concentration into the next racing weekend.”

Kimi Raikkonen: “Obviously the end result of this race is far from ideal. It’s a pity because the performance of the car today was good. When we changed for Soft tires, for whatever reason I seemed to struggle. The balance was ok but I never really had the grip I was expecting. Once we went back to Supersofts the car was good again. When I left the pits after the third pit stop I slowed down a bit and asked if everything was ok because I saw some sparks coming out. At the end of the pitlane the team told me to stop. Now we have to understand what happened, the rear wheel nut had not fitted properly.”

Sebastian Vettel: “Overall today was a better day than yesterday, it was a good race. The start was not so good and into turn 1 I was quite lucky, given that somebody was hitting me, I think it was Nico Hülkenberg.
    Luckily nothing was broken so I could carry on. Then the pace was good, we were looking after the tires, so we could go longer than other people. The race was a bit different than we expected, we got a present from Max today but unfortunately also Kimi had some problems and had to retire. It could have been a good performance for the team with both cars in the points.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Maurizio Arrivabene: “Obviously, we had hoped for a better result this weekend. Once again, though, we paid a heavy price for our qualifying position. In the race, our pace was definitely better than yesterday, and we could have fought for a podium finish. Now we move to Mexico straight away, and we will put our maximum effort and concentration into the next racing weekend.”

Kimi Raikkonen: “Obviously the end result of this race is far from ideal. It’s a pity because the performance of the car today was good. When we changed for Soft tires, for whatever reason I seemed to struggle. The balance was ok but I never really had the grip I was expecting. Once we went back to Supersofts the car was good again. When I left the pits after the third pit stop I slowed down a bit and asked if everything was ok because I saw some sparks coming out. At the end of the pitlane the team told me to stop. Now we have to understand what happened, the rear wheel nut had not fitted properly.”

Sebastian Vettel: “Overall today was a better day than yesterday, it was a good race. The start was not so good and into turn 1 I was quite lucky, given that somebody was hitting me, I think it was Nico Hülkenberg.
    Luckily nothing was broken so I could carry on. Then the pace was good, we were looking after the tires, so we could go longer than other people. The race was a bit different than we expected, we got a present from Max today but unfortunately also Kimi had some problems and had to retire. It could have been a good performance for the team with both cars in the points.”
    Maurizio is starting to sound like stefano domenicali more and more

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I don't know about this...
    Costa was sacked for being conservative and he went on the help Mercedes build the most dominant cars in decades.
    Fry and Tombazis on the other hand...
    I think it's mentality problem, people not being put in the best conditions to be creative by fear of messing up.

yep, poor leadership.

Argh, by going to bed too early I missed one of the highlights of the race from our point of view - Seb's fastest lap (the other one being Verstappen with his screwed pit stop and gearbox.)
    The drivers were ok, Kimi was as always in a gentleman mode - after first pit stop he could have taken a different line towards the center of the track into the T1 to try to not allow Button to overtake and during Lap 13 there was no defense against Verstappen into T12 whatsoever.

All the frustration at this forum is coming from unrealistic expectations. Ferrari doesn't mean winning. It rather means racing with passion.

Another depressing race for us all, why they didn't pit Kimi during the VSC is questionable although he said the car was better on the SS, but at least he would have finished and got some points for the team. Neither driver seemed to have any chance of challenging the RBs, except Kimi in the early laps. After Japan I though that things may be looking up, but sadly not, we were a lost cause here.

Vettels last pit stop was triggered by rear wing stalling because of rubber stuck to it and causing sudden loss of downforce he was not pitting for a glory run fastest lap of the race.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...lent-at-austin