Thread: Does anyone think Vettel is regretting leaving Red Bull?

Does anyone think Vettel is regretting leaving Red Bull?

what do you think?

Probably if he reads this forum.

probably; i mean he did not have a good year in 2014 but who's to say that if he were still at Red Bull he wouldn't have had a good year this year; i mean the car has been really good for the SECOND half of the season.

and with new regs into next year, and we all know how GOOD red bull is at interpreting the rules (and with Newey onboard looking for LOOPHOLES in the regulation) who knows they may as well be the team to beat next year.

and if that is the case, i'm sure Vettel would kick himself in the @$$ for leaving.

He will regret only if RB wins Championships

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think any driver would regret being a part of this team, remember that all drivers dreams of becoming a FERRARI driver win or lose. Let us not forget the prestigious and rich history of this team. We may not be competitive at the moment but let us not forget that we are the most winning team in F1 history.
    Forza Ferrari

Does anyone think Vettel is regretting leaving Red Bull?

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    I don't think any driver would regret being a part of this team, remember that all drivers dreams of becoming a FERRARI driver win or lose. Let us not forget the prestigious and rich history of this team. We may not be competitive at the moment but let us not forget that we are the most winning team in F1 history.
    Driving for Ferrari is a dream for every driver, but once you have driven, every driver is gunning for championships. Vettel wants his title count to improve, he will walk away in few years if he sees opportunity elsewhere. I really don't think he will stay here for eternity even if we don't win, and we as fans don't know the complete picture, maybe Ferrari are regretting having him or maybe both or maybe nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Driving for Ferrari is a dream for every driver, but once you have driven, every driver is gunning for championships. Vettel wants his title count to improve, he will walk away in few years if he sees opportunity elsewhere. I really don't think he will stay here for eternity even if we don't win, and we as fans don't know the complete picture, maybe Ferrari are regretting having him or maybe both or maybe nobody.
    maybe Ferrari is regretting having let go of ALO....if you ask me, taht wasn't a smart move...dont' know exactly what went on between HIM and Ferrari...but i would have preffered Alonso's consistancy over Vettel ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    maybe Ferrari is regretting having let go of ALO....if you ask me, taht wasn't a smart move...dont' know exactly what went on between HIM and Ferrari...but i would have preffered Alonso's consistancy over Vettel ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.
    It was Alonso who walked away, but neither him or Vettel will be regretting if Mercedes keeps winning

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    It was Alonso who walked away, but neither him or Vettel will be regretting if Mercedes keeps winning
    let's hope that won't be the case next year with the new rules and maybe will be more of a THREE way battle for wins between Ferrari, red bull and Mercs....

I'm sure Seb wants to win a WDC in a Ferrari, just as Fernando did. It didn't happen and I see history repeating itself unless we can provide a car capable of winning on pure performance. There have been far too many personnel changes at Ferrari over the past few years, we don't have a Newey or a Brawn to help us, but Seb's insistence that the team is going in the right direction is positive, and I wonder if he'd stayed at Red Bull, would he have been able to cope with Ricciardo or Verstappen spoiling his fun? I'm not so sure.
    Last edited by wisepie; 29th October 2016 at 07:56.

I believe Seb would have waited for Ferrari to get their car and team together before moving in. The trouble was I truly believe Red Bull refused to Rubenize a #2 driver for him, and as we now know, allowing him to drive, Ricciardo is for sure a true future champion. I'm sure Webber could well contribute to the conversation! Putting all that aside, given a "REAL " Ferrari to drive, Seb will not dissapoint neither the team or us Ferrari fans. Throw Kimi in there too!

He seems to get more cheers from the crowds now, his Italian has improved.... what's to regret?
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    He seems to get more cheers from the crowds now, his Italian has improved.... what's to regret?
    You are 100% correct! Seb e un ragazzino ammirabile! E con un po' di fortuna, nel corso del prossimo anno, un campionato !

From ESPN.co.uk -

Sebastian Vettel says Ferrari can take comfort from the example set by Red Bull and Mercedes in recent years as it looks to return to competitiveness in 2017.

Vettel and Ferrari have failed to build on the German's three wins from the 2015 campaign, failing to claim a single victory in a year which was supposed to be a title challenge. Vettel, who believes Ferrari have "raised the bar" again this year despite disappointment on track, believes the team is laying the foundations for future success.

Explaining his optimism, Vettel said: "Once you put something strong in place... I've been part of that process before with Red Bull where it took time and the day that they really started to be serious was probably back in 2005, the day they won races was 2009 so it took some time for them, it took some time for Mercedes.

"I think it always takes time if you try to raise the bar again and come back to the front. It does take time for people to really work hand in hand and things come together, but once they do it usually clicks and it works and that's when the results come as well."

The four-time world champion says his faith in Ferrari comes from seeing the way the team operates on a day-to-day basis, especially when looking at developing next year's cars under the 2017 rule changes.

"The results haven't been there for a while so obviously there's something that needs to be improved and I think we are working on that. I don't want to share too much of that because it's not my job or responsibility to explain. Its other people inside the team that you can ask, they are better to explain probably.

"Just imagine you have a lot of people, you always hear that the cars are getting more complex, everything needs to run hand in hand. It's not like 20 or 30 years ago where you build the cars, you have an engine, you have a chassis and you had a bit of aerodynamics, just before winter testing you put everything together and you see how it works.

"Everything works hand in hand, the people need to work hand in hand, you need to be ready to go forward and change your view of what's right and what's wrong because you always try to raise the bar, re-define what you can do and try to find a better, smarter, lighter, more efficient way of doing things and I think in that regard I think we've grown a lot, it's a process that I think takes time, it doesn't happen overnight."

Vettel's relationship with Ferrari boss Maurizio Arrivabene came under scrutiny earlier this month, though both men played down rumours of a rift. Vettel says Arrivabene is one of the reasons he has faith in Ferrari's long-term prospects.

"Co-ordinating 1,300 people is not very easy, but I think the people we have in charge, particularly Maurizio, is doing a very good job. Things are coming along and looking promising for the future but for sure it's up to us to show that. You can say how can it be that it's improving, but we don't see that. You always get measured after the results you have."
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Yes, he is regretting leaving REDBULL. I get Ferrari's history and yes they are still the most in constructors championships and his protege.....but time is short and you to need sieze the moment in an ever changing environment.....at least REDBULL for awhile have the same chiefs in their various depts. i.e. Christian Horner and Adrian Newey....which make for a good equation given thier history in past and future wins.

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    From ESPN.co.uk -
    PR talk

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Yes, he is regretting leaving REDBULL

At the risk of being beaten by Ricciardo again?, I don't know about that. Ricciardo is driving very well, I don't know if Vettel will be able to beat him at this point.