Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213

Thread: 2016 Mexican GP race thread

Do you guye remember the start of the season, i'm talking about the 5th or 6th race, when we were wondering when we will have a race without any incidents like other teams have ? WELL I AM STILL WONDERING

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Do you guye remember the start of the season, i'm talking about the 5th or 6th race, when we were wondering when we will have a race without any incidents like other teams have ? WELL I AM STILL WONDERING
    Iulian, i'm wondering the same thing, and i'm waiting for that day anxiously when Ferrari will have an incident FREE race; unfortunately we may never see that this year as Ferrari personnel seems to be working under too much "stress"...hopefully come 2017 we'll see a different FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

As for Seb radio, i would of said something. But, you put some blame at FOM, they control the broadcasts of the radio messages on tv. So, they didnt really have to broadcast them. Its just adding to the "show"
    This is a very good point.

They do not automatically broadcast all radio message anyway. They consciously chose to broadcast Vettel's message, and then complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by chris.gotfunk View Post
    I'm with ya there! I say the same stuff when I drive to work. In all honesty, FOM/FIA could have easily just not broadcast the message and kept it internal. But, to be honest, I don't know who controls what radio messages get broadcast or not, but I guess since it is a "business", it created some buzz/controversy and that's always good for business... right?

What I found somewhat interesting is that apparently it's ok for drivers to use that language when describing the feel of the car, other drivers, etc... and not have to issue a formal apology for foul language. Granted, he openly criticized an authority figure using foul language, and having that occur publicly is not ok. I guess CW is infallible and not able to take criticism.
    I look at it a similar to professional sports taboos against criticizing officials publicly. If an NFL coach criticizes officials, no matter how badly they blew a call, he will be fined by the league. It might not seem right, but the authorities have to be seen as sort of "parents". When you were a kid, your mom or dad could be totally wrong, but if you say it out loud, you're in for it.

So you give me a "warning" because I disagree with the rules of the forum even though several people agree with me? Wow, how tolerant of you. I had hoped you guys grew a pair after Brexit, guess not. :-p

Capture.jpg

Radio transcripts from the end of the race that shows what looks like Christian asking Ricciardo to take advantage of Max pushing Vettel back into Ricciardo

Quote Originally Posted by DefaultSettings View Post
    Capture.jpg

Radio transcripts from the end of the race that shows what looks like Christian asking Ricciardo to take advantage of Max pushing Vettel back into Ricciardo
    And we all know how that ended....

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    So you give me a "warning" because I disagree with the rules of the forum even though several people agree with me? Wow, how tolerant of you. I had hoped you guys grew a pair after Brexit, guess not. :-p
    Was for the inappropriate language in your post. If you don't like the rules then there is nothing much we can do about it. Your free to respect them or not come here

p.s politics are also not welcome here
    Forza Ferrari

It seems the team kinda misinformed Sebastian about Verstappen being forced to give the place back.

I kinda like this Max Verstappen kid. He is a true race driver. A lil like JPM used to be. Doesnt care two hoots who he is racing, will hold his own.
    To be honest, SV expecting MV to move aside either shows deep frustration or a sense of entitlement. His rant at CW was fun to hear, but hes lucky to have gotten away with it.
    i would love to see Max in a ferrari. Put him alongside SV. Will be great to watch.
    Silently, like a shadow

Ricciardo: Vettel's radio moaning now "too much"
    http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ri...o-much-845770/

Since Redbull improved they're directly attacking our drivers. Whole team still moans about Vettel's radio messages..

Btw, "the nice guy" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nbftudm2D0 :)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    I kinda like this Max Verstappen kid. He is a true race driver. A lil like JPM used to be. Doesnt care two hoots who he is racing, will hold his own.
    To be honest, SV expecting MV to move aside either shows deep frustration or a sense of entitlement. His rant at CW was fun to hear, but hes lucky to have gotten away with it.
    i would love to see Max in a ferrari. Put him alongside SV. Will be great to watch.

Anna Fers ‏@Adhyra80 18h18 hours ago

Three: During that podium photo with the 3rd place trophy, Max told Dan to wash it 'cause it had been touched by 'dirty fingers' Lovely guy

Would be great! He's so cute

Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Ricciardo: Vettel's radio moaning now "too much"
    http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ri...o-much-845770/

Since Redbull improved they're directly attacking our drivers. Whole team still moans about Vettel's radio messages..

Btw, "the nice guy" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nbftudm2D0 :)
    While Vettel was ranting in his car at the end of Mexican GP, this was Ricciardo:

Red Bull: "Nice job on that mate."
    Daniel Ricciardo: "Yeah. But what about all these guys outbreaking at the first chicane? I mean Lewis at the start, that’s just… Put a [censored by FOM] wall there and they won’t do it. Those [censored by FOM] guys. [Censored by FOM] kindergarten stuff."

Ferrari have appealed the penalty....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Ferrari have appealed the penalty....
    http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...penalty-mexico

SAO PAULO, Brazil -- Ferrari has submitted a request for Sebastian Vettel's penalty at the Mexican Grand Prix to be reviewed after "a number of new elements" came to light.

Vettel was penalised for dangerous driving while defending position from Daniel Ricciardo on lap 70 in Mexico, effectively stripping him of a podium finish and demoting him to fifth. The penalty was issued three hours after the race -- following a penalty for Max Verstappen for exceeding track limits -- resulting in the unusual situation whereby Verstappen finished third on the road, Vettel picked up the trophy on the podium and Ricciardo was classified third in the final results.

Ferrari claimed the podium had been taken away by "bureaucracy" after the race, and on arrival in Brazil for this weekend's grand prix released a statement asking the stewards to review their decision.

"Scuderia Ferrari has submitted a request to the Stewards of the 2016 Mexican Grand Prix to review their decision to penalize Sebastian Vettel for breach of Article 27.5 of the 2016 Formula One Sporting Regulations as a consequence of his driving behaviour in Turn 4 of lap 70.

"This has been the first application of Article 27.5 of the 2016 F1 Sporting Regulations as interpreted on the basis of the Race Director's notes on "defensive manoeuvres" and effective from the 2016 US Grand Prix.

"Scuderia Ferrari considers that a number of new elements have come to light after the decision was rendered that make the decision reviewable under Article 14.1 of the International Sporting Code.

"Scuderia Ferrari is aware that championship rankings will not change, regardless of the outcome. But in light of its importance as a precedent for the future, and in order to provide clarity in the application of the rules in future events, Scuderia Ferrari believes that the decision should be reconsidered by the stewards."

The decision was penalised under what has become known as the 'Max Verstappen rule', an addition to the race directors' notes in Austin after several incidents where Verstappen defended position by moving under braking. Vettel was deemed to have squeezed Ricciardo to the inside of the corner as they were in the braking zone for Turn 4 and was penalised 10 seconds as a result.

Ferrari is appealing the decision under Article 14.1 of the FIA's International Sporting Code, which states: "If, in Competitions forming part of an FIA Championship, cup, trophy, challenge or series, a new element is discovered, whether or not the stewards have already given a ruling, these stewards or, failing this, those designated by the FIA, must meet on a date agreed amongst themselves, summoning the party or parties concerned to hear any relevant explanations and to judge in the light of the facts and elements brought before them."

The Ferrari statement did not explain what the "new elements" were, but if the appeal is accepted it is likely the stewards of the Brazilian Grand Prix will review the new evidence.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    So Vettel closes the gap, forces the kid into an error, the error gives the kid an advantage, and Vettel's reaction shows that he has deep frustration or is entitled? Give me a break! He was racing for a podium and it was taken from him because that brat cut the track due to his own inexperience. That's not racing.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    So Vettel closes the gap, forces the kid into an error, the error gives the kid an advantage, and Vettel's reaction shows that he has deep frustration or is entitled? Give me a break! He was racing for a podium and it was taken from him because that brat cut the track due to his own inexperience. That's not racing.
    Simply stated & spot on.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

2016 Mexican GP race thread

Listening to CW, I think Vettel penalty will stay. However 10s is way too harsh.

Verstappen made a very valid point in Brazilian press conference. Imagine putting a radio microphone in mouth of a footballer or an ice hockey player or a boxer. In heat of moment bad language does happen
    Last edited by Rishu; 11th November 2016 at 08:58.