Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Monaco GP free practice & qualifying thread

On other forums they are already anticipating the outcome tomorrow : "Formation lap: "Kimi, Sebastian is faster than YOU"

way to go kimi

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Geez Maurizzio seems so stressed :D
    He seems indeed very happy of the outcome. Or he could be suffering from constipation, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    What a lap by Kimi, fantastic. So glad Kimi is back, i also secretly wished for Kimi to be on pole and Seb close second. I think this is good for Kimi's morale and motivation. If he wins tomorrow and Seb finishes second i'll be extremely happy. Nevertheless, i'll be extremely happy with a 1-2 anyway

Hamilton didn't manage to get into Q3 meaning that Seb will pull away a lot in WDC standings even with a second place. I expect Hamilton passing someone and then some more through pit stop but that's about it. I predict he finishes sixth or seventh, fifth if he is very lucky. As for Mercedes, Bottas surprised me and many other with his last lap in Q3, he was very close. We are pretty fortunate Hamilton didn't manage to find that pace.

I hope everything goes as planned tomorrow and yeah, we need to watch out for Bottas as he knows to be very competitive at the start. Ending the 16 years drought in Monaco with a 1-2 will be one hell of a reason to celebrate.
    Bottas didn't go for change 2nd set of US tyres in pit.
    He just stayed out n doing preparation laps for the final quality lap that's why he's so close.

Kimi can have his ice cream now.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    Kimi can have his ice cream now.
    Ice cream mentioned.

Top 3 press conference https://youtu.be/qRJsMFXRCT8

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    He seems indeed very happy of the outcome. Or he could be suffering from constipation, too.

Or he needs to go take a leak.....badly

Maurizio Arrivabene Needs To Pee Post Race Interview F1 2017 Russia FUNNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDFK3hmwozo

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    He just stayed out n doing preparation laps for the final quality lap that's why he's so close.
    I see, if that's the case then we are way ahead of the competition here So happy all kinds of circuits suit us.

I think we can't wount HAM out, obviously we are in a good position and he is in a bad position. Still I think he can get some decent points. Because he starts so low I think he might try something agressive, because he doesn't have a lot to loose..
    Perhaps a stupid question but do the regulations allow the following: You start the race on SS, come in at the end of the formation lap, change to US, wait at the end off the pitlane and do a pitlane start of the race and just race on that one set?
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    I think we can't wount HAM out, obviously we are in a good position and he is in a bad position. Still I think he can get some decent points. Because he starts so low I think he might try something agressive, because he doesn't have a lot to loose..
    Perhaps a stupid question but do the regulations allow the following: You start the race on SS, come in at the end of the formation lap, change to US, wait at the end off the pitlane and do a pitlane start of the race and just race on that one set?
    There will be high chances for him f being crashed out at the start.
    Only SC can save him to get into top5.

Correction 129 since his last :) https://youtu.be/-fXLLJkyoM0

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Only SC can save him to get into top5.
    A big possibility considering this is Monaco with drivers like Lance Stroll. But still, there are also Red Bull who will be extremely difficult to undercut, overcut or overtake. He is way far behind. So i guess top 6 is the maximum he can do if nothing happens with Red Bull.

Ted stalking maurizio again ? https://youtu.be/krGOU2m1YHA

Happy with how the day went for us. Like I said I expected a 1-2 for Ferrari here. I am pleased with Kimi, but I already saw Seb taking pole by about 0,2s. Vettel put himself into difficult position for tomorrow, he has to make a good start and hold out to second place. And then I think Vettel will be right behind Kimi for the entire first stint, but the question is will Bottas be also right behind the Ferrari cars. If this happens I think Bottas will try to undercut both of the Ferrari drivers. Its all about the strategy tomorrow, Ferrari will not use team orders tomorrow, but they can hold out Kimi in the box for that extra second to give Seb that win. As a Vettel fan I am little crazy today, because in the last 2 races he was very unlucky, he should have won in Spain. But ok what goes around, comes around. Tomorrow everything is possible. What I really think will happen tomorrow is after first corner it will be Kimi leading and Seb second, Bottas will be third. US will hold our for at least 25-30 laps and then Ferrari will pit Kimi first and put him right in the traffic, Seb will stay out and push like a hell for many more laps and will then pit and join in first position. But of course this is just my speculation, I can be wrong of course.
    Forza Ferrari, Seb,Kimi.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 27th May 2017 at 14:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Ferrari will not use team orders tomorrow, but they can hold out Kimi in the box for that extra second to give Seb that win.
    Why give Seb the win by ruining Kimi's strategy? That's very bad. Hamilton is way off, even if Seb finishes second he will increase the gap to Lewis, no need to do that. Kimi needs a win this year as well, it's good for his motivation and morality. We need him motivated for the rest of the season.

1-2 for Ferrari,wow, how much i've missed those days.

Grande Kimi, Grande Seb, lets get 1-2 tomorrow as well.

Happy with front row lock out but not so with the very little margin to the other merc.

Happy with positions...I guess Seb can play team game by letting kimi go away and he should manage the people behind....this will be good for Kimi's motivation and eventually better for team and they will have both motivated drivers for season.....also even with Seb finishing 2nd we can pull ahead from HAM and wcc...I guess we should use HAM's failure strategically and to best of our advantage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember - You just have the feeling that some years you have done a good job and others when you feel there was something missing or something you wanted to change or want to improve for next year

Why give Seb the win by ruining Kimi's strategy? That's very bad. Hamilton is way off, even if Seb finishes second he will increase the gap to Lewis, no need to do that. Kimi needs a win this year as well, it's good for his motivation and morality. We need him motivated for the rest of the season.
    I know its bad, but that 1 second would not matter if we build a large lead over Bottas in the first stint.

The kiddo is happy!!!!

Attachment 7153

Happy with how the day went for us. Like I said I expected a 1-2 for Ferrari here. I am pleased with Kimi, but I already saw Seb taking pole by about 0,2s. Vettel put himself into difficult position for tomorrow, he has to make a good start and hold out to second place. And then I think Vettel will be right behind Kimi for the entire first stint, but the question is will Bottas be also right behind the Ferrari cars. If this happens I think Bottas will try to undercut both of the Ferrari drivers. Its all about the strategy tomorrow, Ferrari will not use team orders tomorrow, but they can hold out Kimi in the box for that extra second to give Seb that win. As a Vettel fan I am little crazy today, because in the last 2 races he was very unlucky, he should have won in Spain. But ok what goes around, comes around. Tomorrow everything is possible. What I really think will happen tomorrow is after first corner it will be Kimi leading and Seb second, Bottas will be third. US will hold our for at least 25-30 laps and then Ferrari will pit Kimi first and put him right in the traffic, Seb will stay out and push like a hell for many more laps and will then pit and join in first position. But of course this is just my speculation, I can be wrong of course.
    Forza Ferrari, Seb,Kimi.
    Unfortunately not is the best interest of team but I agree we always tend to support and expect win for our favs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember - You just have the feeling that some years you have done a good job and others when you feel there was something missing or something you wanted to change or want to improve for next year

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    yes but i would think that Seb will jump Kimi tomorrow.
    With a race like Monaco, I would not want to see drama in the first corner between our cars.
    Discipline and strategy, bring both cars home in a 1-2 fashion, maximize gains.

That's what I wanna see.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I know its bad, but that 1 second would not matter if we build a large lead over Bottas in the first stint.
    Putting out kimi IN the traffic would be suicide.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Putting out kimi IN the traffic would be suicide.
    Maybe the Ferrari will be so quick in the race that they will build a 20-25 second gap in lets say 30 laps to the cars behind Bottas, so they would not have this problem. The only problem will be Bottas in that case.

Fantastic result for the team and great to see merc struggling. Really happy for Kimster, but was a bit disappointed with Seb's performance, expected him to do a lot better tbh after dominating in FP2 and FP3. But 1-2 in Monaco qualifying is certainly a dream result. Hopefully more of the same tomorrow.

Seb doesn't necessarily have to win tomorrow (if Ham doesn't get much higher by the end of the race) so he doesn't really need to take any unnecessary risks at the start or during the race. Getting to the finish with a good points haul is important. Safely through the first corner with both cars and then we'll see from there on. Gotta keep an eye on that Bottas at the start though, I'm sure he would love to spoil the party.

Forza Ferrari!
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Incredible to be 1 and 2 in qualifying in Monaco. Our car is strong everywhere. Loving 2017!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If I was in charge I would switch the drivers ASAP and maximise the damage to Lewis but then again maybe Bottas is more of the threat.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    If I was in charge I would switch the drivers ASAP and maximise the damage to Lewis but then again maybe Bottas is more of the threat.
    Kimi did a better job here than Seb and he deserves a good race strategy. So what if he wins and Seb finishes second? No harm done, Lewis is way behind, let Kimi have at least one win this year.

Kimi did a better job here than Seb and he deserves a good race strategy. So what if he wins and Seb finishes second? No harm done, Lewis is way behind, let Kimi have at least one win this year.
    Who is to say this will be his only chance to win this year? And if we lost the title by 7 points?
    Forza Ferrari