Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: British GP 2017 race thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    A race to forget, cant believe it really. Mercedes look about 0,3-0,5 s per lap faster in the race on peak performance than Ferrari. Its very suprising that Vettel is still leading the championship, its nearly a miracle. If we dont bring something big in Hungary and the next races, Hamilton will sonner of latter take the WDC lead and will won it by at least 50 points in the end.
    Okay sweetie.

Yuk just yuk...having to listen to those cheers as Seb went off in front of us...just horrible
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Okay sweetie.
    The man has a point

A race to forget, cant believe it really. Mercedes look about 0,3-0,5 s per lap faster in the race on peak performance than Ferrari. Its very suprising that Vettel is still leading the championship, its nearly a miracle. If we dont bring something big in Hungary and the next races, Hamilton will sonner of latter take the WDC lead and will won it by at least 50 points in the end.
    Why forget this race? One of our drivers was on the podium !!

Last year we were begging for podiums. Now we are halfway the season and have 10 podiums, 1 less than during the whole last season.

Surely I want to win the WDC/WCC too, however be honest..At the end of last season the doom scenario was to be maximum the third team this year..

Keep supporting the Scuderia!!

Look forward to Hungary already, Forza Ferrari

Race by race mercs getting faster n have better understanding of those tyres.
    At the same time why are we not able to extract the same thing???
    Is the engine, I say big no for it because mercs doesn't have those engine mode as quali.
    May be better chasis, i tend to agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Cheer up everyone, Federer on his way to 19th Grand Slam :D
    For me as Djokovic supporter surely will help

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    For me as Djokovic supporter surely will help
    Oh well, better Federer than Cilic

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yuk just yuk...having to listen to those cheers as Seb went off in front of us...just horrible
    Sorry, Greig...

Disappointed Since 2010

Ok on the bright side nothing is yet lost, the season starts fresh in Budapest in 14 days. We need to win there!

The last couple of laps will definitely haunt ny dreams until the next weekend. Not to rub salt in our wounds, but can Seb and Kimi come to New Jersey and practice drag racing some LaFerraris to prepare for their next starts? Kimi's wasn't bad, and maybe I'm just bitter, but I feel like everyone is getting off the line better than Ferrari.

Disappointed Since 2010

Gutted doesn't cover how I feel but we still managed to get both cars home, Seb still leads WDC (just), Kimi was awake all race, our luck ran out today but I'm not giving up hope despite the WDC being a 3-horse race now. We can't afford any more days like this, and to hear the crowd's reaction on TV whenever Seb got passed or blocked by Max was painful. A nightmare of a race for us, but any race won by HAM has the same effect.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Race by race mercs getting faster n have better understanding of those tyres.
    At the same time why are we not able to extract the same thing???
    Is the engine, I say big no for it because mercs doesn't have those engine mode as quali.
    May be better chasis, i tend to agree with it.
    Chassis wise, we are not behind Mercedes. SF-17H is a well balanced car, onboard looks always good and both Seb and Kimi can push it hard.

I think the difference between us and merc is the engine. Mercedes does have some kind of engine "god mode".

Their Q3 times always faster than Q2 (sometimes over a second) and they are nearly untouchable at certain points during the race.

Their engine "god mode" making the biggest difference.

I agree result could've been opposite if Seb had a better start

Its time to move on. Forza Vettel, Kimi, Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Chassis wise, we are not behind Mercedes. SF-17H is a well balanced car, onboard looks always good and both Seb and Kimi can push it hard.

I think the difference between us and merc is the engine. Mercedes does have some kind of engine "god mode".

Their Q3 times always faster than Q2 (sometimes over a second) and they are nearly untouchable at certain points during the race.

Their engine "god mode" making the biggest difference.
    ANd they use that "god mode" for the first 2-3 laps to sprint away..
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Can't speak for others, but for me, I find it hard to take consolation in a podium finish today because I really, really want to see Ferrari take that WDC title this year.
    It's been a very long time since we had a real shot at the WDC. I see we have real potential to win it, and I'm actually invested in the title race this year, first time since 2012.

Unfortunately, today was a bad day for our title campaign.
    We did not have the race pace to challenge Merc, and we ended up losing even more points because of a puncture.

Lets see what the investigation reveal. It seem strange that both our cars got puncture around the same time, same wheel!
    I doubt it is some debris on track or other drivers like Bottas might have picked it up too, since he's running close to both Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

Lets see what the investigation reveal. It seem strange that both our cars got puncture around the same time, same wheel!
    I doubt it is some debris on track or other drivers like Bottas might have picked it up too, since he's running close to both Ferrari.
    Kimi's car did not recieve a puncture, his left front was worn pretty bad. Had he gone one more lap, he would have blown it. Vettels left front was going too but due to the

massive lock-up while holding off Bottas exacerbated an already worn tyre (did you see the slow-mo during the lock-up?? If not, you should have also seen his right front;

that looked worn as well) that tyre could not hold out anymore and blew.

At first I thought it was tyre strategy but after some thinking, both car's setup was not right for this track. Max came in as well as he was having the same issue; left

front tyre wear(he said in an interview the track has alot more right handers so it makes sense the left would wear more than the right).

Yet, both Merc's seemed to make their tyres last longer, including Ricci's, and still hold there pace. Lewis was in a trouble free 1st place race pace all through the race, but

the other two (VB & DR) were lapping the people ahead of them. Ricci went from 19th to 5th.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 16th July 2017 at 16:54.

what are the odds of both cars suffering tyre failure with 2 laps to go? what on earth are Pirelli doing?

Its time to move on. Forza Vettel, Kimi, Ferrari.
    The Hungaroring is like Monaco but without the buildings and structures. So it favors a SWB car. Lewis had issues in Monaco then. Now...we shall see.

I agree result could've been opposite if Seb had a better start
    Seb said the brakes compromised his start.

In my humble opinion, the deficit is really the engine. If our guys have to push the car beyond its limits, the tires will go belly up before their rivals'. Somehow the engine department has to come up with an extraordinary solution. If that doesn't happen, both titles will be lost, yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    what are the odds of both cars suffering tyre failure with 2 laps to go? what on earth are Pirelli doing?
    I will say this about Pirelli tyres 2017. The compounds are stronger when compared to last years compounds; the obvious being that they are wider this year compared to

last.

They are going to investigate further to this "anamoly" with regards to both Ferrari's but IMO it will boil down to the setup of the car.

Ok on the bright side nothing is yet lost, the season starts fresh in Budapest in 14 days. We need to win there!
    Amen to that!

I miss Bridgestone.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    In my humble opinion, the deficit is really the engine. If our guys have to push the car beyond its limits, the tires will go belly up before their rivals'. Somehow the engine department has to come up with an extraordinary solution. If that doesn't happen, both titles will be lost, yet again.
    That is another dept that needs work. I really did not see a 10-15hp gain down the straights as was quoted by some on another thread. Both Merc's passed our guys in

DRS with ease. I think someone said a 25hp or even 50hp gain....YEAH RIGHT!!!! That's massive in F1 standards and we would have been well ahead of the Merc's...easy

1-2 finish...passing would have been without DRS....easy.

Not sure why some are moaning about Pirelli. I bet if it had happened to Hamilton or Bottas, most would've been laughing hard without mention of Pirelli. Obviously tyres are good enough, that have been pretty ok for half of the season.

Not sure why some are moaning about Pirelli. I bet if it had happened to Hamilton or Bottas, most would've been laughing hard without mention of Pirelli. Obviously tyres are good enough, that have been pretty ok for half of the season.
    yep

Obviously tyres are good enough.
    I'm sure Ferrari agree.

Tyres seemed to work and last quite well for most other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Tyres seemed to work and last quite well for most other teams.
    No problem then.