Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Singapore Airlines Grand Prix - Practice and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    VER: "It's a shame we couldn't put it on pole but we were quite close. We'll be looking to pass him [VET] on the first lap"
    So he's clearly indicating he would take off vet tmrw.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I am sure you are happy. But getting knickers in twist just because Ferrari doesn't topping the Friday practice is not emotion, its overreaction.
    Based on recent events, it was not overreaction in the slightest. But we could argue for the whole day. Let's just enjoy the moment

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Hamilton is probably texting Max now making him an offer to take out Seb in the first lap lol
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I'm worried about Max into turn 1 and 2. He has nothing to loose and he a bit of a douche.
    Yeah me to

VER: "It's a shame we couldn't put it on pole but we were quite close. We'll be looking to pass him [VET] on the first lap"
    If I was Seb I would take the mic, look him right in the eyes and say "If you crash into me at turn 1, no one will ever find your body."

If I was Seb I would take the mic, look him right in the eyes and say "If you crash into me at turn 1, no one will ever find your body."
    post of the day

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    So he's clearly indicating he would take off vet tmrw.

I'm annoyed that these boneheads have zero consequence for running vettel off or crashing into him

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Based on recent events, it was not overreaction in the slightest. But we could argue for the whole day. Let's just enjoy the moment
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Hamilton is probably texting Max now making him an offer to take out Seb in the first lap lol
    you know, I wouldn't put it beyond them, neither RB nor Merc particularly like Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    100%
    whats the weather race time? any idea? do you think we could start on wets? that will be a nightmare on street track and at night, imagine the safety cars

whats the weather race time? any idea? do you think we could start on wets? that will be a nightmare on street track and at night, imagine the safety cars
    Singapore has had a SC IN EVERY RACE!!!!

24-hour Forecast
    Cloudy for tonight. For tomorrow, thundery showers over many areas in the late morning and early afternoon.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

so if it rains it could turn into a lottery

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    so if it rains it could turn into a lottery

that....and the first turn. It's gonna be dicey with inclement weather. Kimi needs to jump Ricci. Then if everyone makes the first turn, Max currently is the rain God.

Honestly, there isn't any benefits to reap with VER doing some kamikaze on turn 1 tomorrow. He has several DNFs this season and his teammate is a regular podium finisher. A safe podium is what he needs the most right now rather than risking it with collision with VET. But, hey... it's VER, the man with more balls but less heads, living up to his MAD MAX status.

Lately VER has been having very good starts and Seb only moderate.. Also don't count out RIC
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by theodorus8864 View Post
    Honestly, there isn't any benefits to reap with VER doing some kamikaze on turn 1 tomorrow. He has several DNFs this season and his teammate is a regular podium finisher. A safe podium is what he needs the most right now rather than risking it with collision with VET. But, hey... it's VER, the man with more balls but less heads, living up to his MAD MAX status.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I really don't trust mad max at the start
    He has more DNFs than finished races.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    SV had pole here in 2011, 2013, 2015,...
    so the trend continues

After that disastrous showing overall at Monza, and that awful FP2 yesterday, I must admit that I was afraid of what was in store today.

But so delighted that Seb managed to grab the pole, and without any unexpected incidents tomorrow I expect him to storm through the race and take the win. I also hope that Kimi will have the pace tomorrow, 1-2 finish or even Kimi finishing third (with some of the RBs taking the final spot on the podium) would be ideal both for Seb but also for the Constructors (I haven't given up on that yet!).

Anyway, thanks Seb for giving us the pole and for giving me a positive spirit to kick off my "career" here within the Scuderia family!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    that....and the first turn. It's gonna be dicey with inclement weather. Kimi needs to jump Ricci. Then if everyone makes the first turn, Max currently is the rain God.
    If it rains I wouldn't mind a start behind SC

Latest driver market rumours: Leclerc in talks with Force India, Kubica test in Williams simulator.

AMuS (German)

If this RB pace is genuine, then we win easily WCC and WDC

Verstappen might be overzealous at the starts but Ricciardo is the real hazard with the chancy dive-bombs during the race.

Quote Originally Posted by erinha View Post
    Verstappen might be overzealous at the starts but Ricciardo is the real hazard with the chancy dive-bombs during the race.
    With Ricciardo he might pass you but you live to race, but with max he crashes into you and does damage

With Ricciardo he might pass you but you live to race, but with max he crashes into you and does damage
    Not really. Verstappen is a problem at the start but his overtakes are much cleaner. Ricciardo dive-bombs like "either you get out of my way or we are both going out". I mean you can even hear the sentiment from his radio during some of those overtakes. Hamilton used to be like that too and he got a lot of flak for it. What Ricciardo did in the last race with that dive-bomb from so far behind, that would have been problematic if the guy he was overtaking was most anyone else. Probably the reason he's not taking out so many drivers with those dive-bombs is because he does it at the front of the grid where the drivers are much more skillful and experienced. Though we have seen it create problems with Rosberg and Vettel and so on as well. If you don't actively try to get out of his way when he tries to overtake you and you might DNF as a result, that is not even a very skillful overtake actually.

I hope that transfers to race pace as it did for one lap pace