Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8334445464748495051525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 1861

Thread: 2018 F1 news

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    You want everyone to put IMO on each and every post they make that is not a fact? really???
    Spin it around as much as you want, I don't care...Just don't try to pass an opinion as a fact, and expect not to be called out for it

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    LMAO!!! wolff taking sandbagging and lying to a whole new level

https://t.co/R8qKyAA0y9

LOL this guy man, how big underdogs are mercs trying to be
    I think that out of all the people in the paddock, I dislike Toto the most. He thinks he is playing mind games, but everyone can read them like an open book. He comes out as arrogant, in opposite to his Ferrari counterpart, who seems to be down to earth and a very popular guy, not just with the tifosi.

The problem people have here is that they just read headlines and then sprout out their preconceieved opinions without actually even reading the article and digesting its contents. Suppose that is too much to hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    The problem people have here is that they just read headlines and then sprout out their preconceieved opinions without actually even reading the article and digesting its contents. Suppose that is too much to hope for.
    I read the article, he is trying not to show arrogance and says "everyone has chance". I know this is just fake courtesy and not the way he really feels at all,that is not the way ANYBODY feels(no one can recover an almost 4s/lap deficit in one winter, let alone Williams), so obviously it is fake. The ego can be seen clearly when things don't go their way, by not being gracious in defeat, even if it's only one race. Making ridiculous accusations with no solid base whatsoever and no proof. Who can forget those nice fists into the table. That is the Toto I know and "love"
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 8th December 2018 at 14:58.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Mistakes occuring by an individual that is a part of a team have to be examined in the scope of how the team operates.
    Management 1 by 1.
    I don't expect you to understand this :)
    Individual mistakes are made by 1 person, not a team. Clearly you have no idea what you are on about.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Spin it around as much as you want, I don't care...Just don't try to pass an opinion as a fact, and expect not to be called out for it
    You decided it was a fact not me, so your the only one spinning something. BTW you forgot to put IMO at the end of your post...

I could go quote some of your comments about LeClerc joining and say you are passing opinion as fact also but what would that really achieve You can just assume every post on here is an opinion as that tends to be how a forum works....

IMO
    Forza Ferrari

I read the article, he is trying not to show arrogance and says "everyone has chance". I know this is just fake courtesy and not the way he really feels at all,that is not the way ANYBODY feels(no one can recover an almost 4s/lap deficit in one winter, let alone Williams), so obviously it is fake. The ego can be seen clearly when things don't go their way, by not being gracious in defeat, even if it's only one race. Making ridiculous accusations with no solid base whatsoever and no proof. Who can forget those nice fists into the table. That is the Toto I know and "love"
    You say fake, then come out with rubbish like 4 seconds a lap deficit.

The article says

"It is almost like 2009 where Brawn identified the double diffuser. I think there could be teams that have found loopholes, which others didn't spot, that could make the difference.
    "So we are taking everybody seriously: whether it is Ferrari finishing second this year or Williams finishing 10th. All of them could come with a car that can outperform us.

He says, they are taking nothing for granted, which is a bloody sensible cause of acti9n.

I think that out of all the people in the paddock, I dislike Toto the most. He thinks he is playing mind games, but everyone can read them like an open book. He comes out as arrogant, in opposite to his Ferrari counterpart, who seems to be down to earth and a very popular guy, not just with the tifosi.
    While i disagree with M.A equal teammate policy, i agree with what you said, Toto is really annoying continuously downplaying themselves to make everything a shock win
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Downplaying is the opposite of bragging. It's hard to believe that Toto knew before a race , who would win. Only Lewis can do that! Being down to earth and popular did not get Ferrari the wins. Thinking about 2019 driver wise, Leclerc is down to earth and popular, Max isn't looked at as the same . Let's see how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Downplaying is the opposite of bragging. It's hard to believe that Toto knew before a race , who would win. Only Lewis can do that! Being down to earth and popular did not get Ferrari the wins. Thinking about 2019 driver wise, Leclerc is down to earth and popular, Max isn't looked at as the same . Let's see how it goes!
    nah bruh, wolff the type of guy that would lie and say he didnt study for his exams when his bloodshot red eyes, ink smudged hands and hidden summary notes say otherwise just to gloat about the result later
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

nah bruh, wolff the type of guy that would lie and say he didnt study for his exams when his bloodshot red eyes, ink smudged hands and hidden summary notes say otherwise just to gloat about the result later
    Wow! You just described one cool dude! A true modern day business man. Honesty used to be the best policy! That seems to be lost in space. Toto this year team and driver be the man!

While i disagree with M.A equal teammate policy, i agree with what you said, Toto is really annoying continuously downplaying themselves to make everything a shock win
    There was no equal teammate policy. Ferrari gave Vettel the number 1 status at the start of the season. The amount of time Ferrari gave Vettel the optimal strategy and ignored Raikkonen...It is disingenuous to claim that Kimi and Seb had same equal status.

You can cry about Monza as much as you want, but the fact is, it was Vettel's own damn fault when he crashed with Hamilton. When the car showed promise, Seb was throwing big points away every third race. Even the majority of the tifosi have lost faith in him, and I suspect Ferrari itself to some extent.

And you shouldn't complain about Toto or his "downplaying tactics", he's not as consistent as you downplaying Ferrari strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    You say fake, then come out with rubbish like 4 seconds a lap deficit.

The article says

"It is almost like 2009 where Brawn identified the double diffuser. I think there could be teams that have found loopholes, which others didn't spot, that could make the difference.
    "So we are taking everybody seriously: whether it is Ferrari finishing second this year or Williams finishing 10th. All of them could come with a car that can outperform us.

He says, they are taking nothing for granted, which is a bloody sensible cause of acti9n.
    You truly believe that they are worried about all teams, including Williams? Hmm... looks like there is one in every crowd. Here I was thinking that nobody would buy into it and there you go. Talk about it as much as you want, but the Williams deficit is over 3s/lap, almost 4s. Abu Dhabi qualy, Hamilton fastest 1.34.7 , fastest Williams - Sirotkin 1.38.6. I do believe they will be watching around the paddock, to see who brought what and the possibility of copying some things. But unless you put in 2 engines in that Williams, they won't get anywhere near that Mercs with that limited funding and less than average personnel. IMO.
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 10th December 2018 at 09:40.

You truly believe that they are worried about all teams, including Williams? Hmm... looks like there is one in every crowd. Here I was thinking that nobody would buy into it and there you go. Talk about it as much as you want, but the Williams deficit is over 3s/lap, almost 4s. Abu Dhabi qualy, Hamilton fastest 1.34.7 , fastest Williams - Sirotkin 1.38.6. I do believe they will be watching around the paddock, to see who brought what and the possibility of copying some things. But unless you put in 2 engines in that Williams, they won't get anywhere near that Mercs with that limited funding and less than average personnel.
    You forgot to put IMO at the end there......
    Forza Ferrari

You forgot to put IMO at the end there......
    Fixed it.

You truly believe that they are worried about all teams, including Williams? Hmm... looks like there is one in every crowd. Here I was thinking that nobody would buy into it and there you go. Talk about it as much as you want, but the Williams deficit is over 3s/lap, almost 4s. Abu Dhabi qualy, Hamilton fastest 1.34.7 , fastest Williams - Sirotkin 1.38.6. I do believe they will be watching around the paddock, to see who brought what and the possibility of copying some things. But unless you put in 2 engines in that Williams, they won't get anywhere near that Mercs with that limited funding and less than average personnel. IMO.
    hammer-nail-head

Throw in Renault as well. Abiteboul says Renault have 60% less funding than Mercedes for 2019. It's constant development in aero, chassis, suspension, and PU......even rims.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Fixed it.
    Are you really going to do that for every post you make?

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    We have to mate, to keep Greig happy...lol
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    We have to mate, to keep Greig happy...lol
    I thought he’s the one who said this forum is all about opinions, an obvious thing.

Individual mistakes are made by 1 person, not a team. Clearly you have no idea what you are on about.
    Mistakes are made by one person but when this person are part of a team or an organization, you should not examine a mistake solely on a person basis.
    You really don't want to go into who knows what here because it 'll be embarrassing on your end.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Actually I am also going to use: I believe that, I think that, I consider that etc. You know, to keep it interesting.

Actually I am also going to use: I believe that, I think that, I consider that etc. You know, to keep it interesting.
    And we should start to point out to Greig whenever he neglects to do the same. Now that would be real fun lol
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Maybe it should have its own thread but anyway, new tyres for 2019. Five dry compounds instead of seven. The superhard and the supersoft are gone. Tyres will be labled C1-C5, with C1 the hardest. They will of course be labled hard, medium and soft at each race weekend. Seem to also be a built in loophole for the C4 compound that will have a backup version without color branding (new "special tyre" in case Merc start crying again?).

Ds_FfysVYAEDjag.jpg

https://twitter.com/pirellisport/sta...ystem-revealed

Australia, China (no gap) and Azerbaijan will use the C2-C4 range, meaning medium, soft and ultrasoft. Bahrain will be one step harder, C1-C3, why? No clue.

They should have got rid of the hard tyre also (C1) and kept the supersoft, if they only wanted five dry compounds. Last year the hard was only used by both Renaults at Silverstone. Now it will be used in at least Bahrain as well. As for the gap used at some races this season, that will not be done in 2019. So if the new aero rules somehow don't chew up tyres we will be in for a lot one-stoppers again in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Maybe it should have its own thread but anyway, new tyres for 2019. Five dry compounds instead of seven. The superhard and the supersoft are gone. Tyres will be labled C1-C5, with C1 the hardest. They will of course be labled hard, medium and soft at each race weekend. Seem to also be a built in loophole for the C4 compound that will have a backup version without color branding (new "special tyre" in case Merc start crying again?).

Ds_FfysVYAEDjag.jpg

https://twitter.com/pirellisport/sta...ystem-revealed

Australia, China (no gap) and Azerbaijan will use the C2-C4 range, meaning medium, soft and ultrasoft. Bahrain will be one step harder, C1-C3, why? No clue.

They should have got rid of the hard tyre also (C1) and kept the supersoft, if they only wanted five dry compounds. Last year the hard was only used by both Renaults at Silverstone. Now it will be used in at least Bahrain as well. As for the gap used at some races this season, that will not be done in 2019. So if the new aero rules somehow don't chew up tyres we will be in for a lot one-stoppers again in 2019.
    Unwanted complexities for tires in 2019. Nothing has changed in F1. .
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Why we can't just have hards, mediums, softs, and wets are beyond my comprehension. Instead we have three variations of softs - soft, super soft, ultra soft. What's next? "extreme soft?" "hyper soft?" "ultimate soft?" "alpha soft?" "omega soft?" The whole thing just reeks of arbitrary razzle dazzle.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Why we can't just have hards, mediums, softs, and wets are beyond my comprehension. Instead we have three variations of softs - soft, super soft, ultra soft. What's next? "extreme soft?" "hyper soft?" "ultimate soft?" "alpha soft?" "omega soft?" The whole thing just reeks of arbitrary razzle dazzle.
    Quite agree, it's all unnecessarily complicated and only the die-hard fans will understand the strategies, little chance of appealing to a wider audience with all the rules and regs. I understand the need for basic regs and restrictions but it just seems to get sillier each year.

And we should start to point out to Greig whenever he neglects to do the same. Now that would be real fun lol
    Do as you wish but I imagine the vast majority of this forum and forum users all over the internet know that posts are generally opinions....

Or I could run the forum how you wish and only posts that are facts are allowed? shall we try that?
    Forza Ferrari

Mistakes are made by one person but when this person are part of a team or an organization, you should not examine a mistake solely on a person basis.
    You really don't want to go into who knows what here because it 'll be embarrassing on your end.
    Why should you not? Seb made individual mistakes you can't just pin that on a team. The guys working non stop at the factory never drove the car into other cars did they? why should they take the blame for it??? do tell us.....
    Forza Ferrari

Do as you wish but I imagine the vast majority of this forum and forum users all over the internet know that posts are generally opinions....

Or I could run the forum how you wish and only posts that are facts are allowed? shall we try that?
    Come on Greig. There is a difference between stating and opinion and trying to pass one as fact. What we are asking you, is to just try to stop doing that. But nooo, you act like you don't know what we mean and spin this into ten directions. You ask questions that have nothing to do with it "are just facts allowed?" who said anything about that? Just give in and we can put it to rest. Say : I will not try to pass an opinion as fact again. Be the bigger man, turn the other cheek.

Come on Greig. There is a difference between stating and opinion and trying to pass one as fact. What we are asking you, is to just try to stop doing that. But nooo, you act like you don't know what we mean and spin this into ten directions. You ask questions that have nothing to do with it "are just facts allowed?" who said anything about that? Just give in and we can put it to rest. Say : I will not try to pass an opinion as fact again. Be the bigger man, turn the other cheek.
    It was clearly an opinion and you got all upset as you decided it was a fact. I will continue to post my opinions and care less what you think they mean afterall you post many opinions that nobody cries about

And we could even go back to my comment that got you and another all worked up.....

Schumacher wins the title in this years car, Alonso wins the title in this years car......but you carry on blaming who you want it won't change my view that Seb made far too many mistakes and threw away the title.
    Even says my view LOL
    Forza Ferrari