Thread: 2018 Italian GP Monza: RACE

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    he ran out of fuel lol and was fiasco with the rain coming there was no established order
    So that race should have been 'nulled' and defaulted to this race. They can't say Seb got the tow at Spa due to factors outside his control

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    SF71-H is capable to win all the remaining races. I am convinced Hamilton will have bad race, and Vettel needs to capitalize on that.
    That is on the assumption Ferrari will be flawless next 7 races

The question is, how many bad races are Ferrari going to have?

SF71-H is capable to win all the remaining races. I am convinced Hamilton will have bad race, and Vettel needs to capitalize on that.
    The car probably can win all 7 races, Something tells me Ferrari will make it as difficult as possible for themselves to do so though.

Sad to say, but I'm convinced this was not the last mistake from Vettel this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    He was never 12 behind Hakkinen, at maximum he was down by 6 points (equals 18 - 2nd place now) after the Belgian GP. Then he went on to win ALL 4 remaining races. Compared to that, Seb has almost twice as many points to overcome while he has made 4 crucial mistakes so far( Italy, Germany, Baku, France) but he has 7 more races to operate with.
    Its possible but we need him to put up a Michael-like performance which I just cannot see happening. Momentum is a dangerous thing. Hamilton believes that he is unbeatable and so far this season somehow justifies it either through luck or performance.
    You're right it was 6 after Spa. For some reason I remember thinking the championship was in sight after the U.S. dnf by Hakkinen, and thought it was bigger.

Hopefully it backfires on Ham.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    So that race should have been 'nulled' and defaulted to this race. They can't say Seb got the tow at Spa due to factors outside his control
    Or what should have happened, Seb tows Kimi for the first flying lap in q3 and Kimimreturns the favour for the second flying lap or vice verse. That would have been fairer

i honestly dont think they were planning to give seb a tow with kimi , as you lose a lot of time following the car ahead in sector 2, i think with bot they were probably going to give him a run down the straight in sector 1 and then pull over for ham to go past but he screwed it up with the rain lol

concerned that it seems team arent going to change the approach in terms of team orders, looking at M.A, seb and kimi's comments.

Last year kimi helped seb in races like hungary,monza and team need that back, its probably making it extremely difficult since kimi is close to seb in points unlike last year.

I dont think kimi has intentionally helped seb in anyway in any of the races this year, Aus was luck, bah was skill, canada was pace, silverstone was accident with ham and pure speed of seb, spa was great start by seb.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Seb can't to anymore mistakes. If Seb outscored Lewis in Singapore by 3rd compared to a 5th with Kimi in between and RBR scoring a 1-2 the lead will be down to 25 points. If Lewis then DNF:s at one of the six races rest they will be neck and neck if Seb wins that. It can happen. Hopefully it happens at the following two because that will be great for the WDC. Level on points wuth five to go. Last year Ferrari struggled at some the circuits left but that will not be the case this season. Just might not be fastest at Singapore and Suzuka because of the overall natures of both circuits.

MA needs to show fortitude and tell the drivers how it's going to be between now and the end of the season. If both cars are racing and in the points, Seb will have to finish ahead of Kimi where there exists a mathematical chance of winning any of the two titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    You're right it was 6 after Spa. For some reason I remember thinking the championship was in sight after the U.S. dnf by Hakkinen, and thought it was bigger.

Hopefully it backfires on Ham.

It did seem bigger that time. A DNF from Hamilton would also seem quite big, it'd erase the deficit almost totally. I'm done with hoping though.
    I expect nothing from this season from now on, everything else is a bonus.

I'm just feeling so gutted. I muted all F1 related feeds on all social media. I can't bear to watch and read all the Hamilton loving.

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

credit to james vowles he planned everything perfectly and was ready for any situation vsc's, sc, rain, he had the strategies to cope with anything and come out ahead
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    MA needs to show fortitude and tell the drivers how it's going to be between now and the end of the season. If both cars are racing and in the points, Seb will have to finish ahead of Kimi where there exists a mathematical chance of winning any of the two titles.
    just can't see it happening now when its really dire because it should've happened since germany tbh, kimi is close to seb, he might want to battle seb for P2 in championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    I'm just feeling so gutted. I muted all F1 related feeds on all social media. I can't bear to watch and read all the Hamilton loving.

Feel you buddy, we are in the same chair. Greetings from Slovenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Module View Post
    Third being Kimi?

Vettel is only fighting one car, Hamiltons. Team orders will come and Kimi will follow them.

Best result for Vettel is 1-2 for Ferrari. That means that Kimi has to be up there, sometimes even in front of him and he shouldn't try to comprmise Kimis race, eventhou that would mean always not winning by merit but by TO.

Diving on your team mate, that 100% certain would have been moved to the side later, opening a space for your worst rival is idiotic and has nothing to do with him fighting 3 cars.

Vettel is fighting one car and his own head that doesn't seem to be on target
    I’m sorry but I don’t believe in any of this, the fact that Seb attacked kimi for the lead and more so the way kimi defended like if he himself was fighting for the title even breaking very late at turn 1 causing a massive lockup, it just demonstrates that they were racing each other and no team orders were in the plans, because otherwise neither of their actions Seb attacking and kimi defending like he did, make any sense

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Feel you buddy, we are in the same chair. Greetings from Slovenia.
    It's just too sad and too painful especially since we lost in Monza. Greetings, buddy!

Seb was so busy to pass Kimi, so he forget Hamilton?

FerrariSteve Guest
    That is on the assumption Ferrari will be flawless next 7 races

The question is, how many bad races are Ferrari going to have?
    I'm willing to bet that Seb will have 2 more mistakes at least. Sadly my confidence in him has taken a huge nose dive in the past few weeks.

Seb was just too greedy, again.

If Seb wishes to fight for the title until the very end, he has to be perfect in next 7 races. Without a single mistake. But remember he is under much more pressure from media, and just everything as Lewis in Mercedes. The pressure of being a Ferrari driver fighting for the title is just crazy, you just dont get it. Stop the bashing, they are just getting their millions of dollars, drivers dont care about fans what do we think. I will move on, I have my own life, life goes on. Get over it, we cant change it now, it hurts but I just dont care anymore.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 2nd September 2018 at 20:52.

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    I’m sorry but I don’t believe in any of this, the fact that Seb attacked kimi for the lead and more so the way kimi defended like if he himself was fighting for the title even breaking very late at turn 1 causing a massive lockup, it just demonstrates that they were racing each other and no team orders were in the plans, because otherwise neither of their actions Seb attacking and kimi defending like he did, make any sense
    It was the first corner of the race! Nobody knows whats going to happen, cool brakes tyres and mayhem. It is not the place to start changing positions. Look at Rosbergs comments and several others who all say that it would be impossible there.

The fight was Sebs stupidity, he only had Hamilton to worry but he chose pride over brains opening the door to Hamilton in next corner and loosing it completely. Team orders are issued, now, and before and almost always after first pitsstps or by giving an undercut. Seb just needed to have Hamilton covered and make it halfway of the race to get a 1-2 for Ferrari. He chose to instead fight Kimi and pen the door to Lewis, as you can see in the replays.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

It was the first corner of the race! Nobody knows whats going to happen, cool brakes tyres and mayhem. It is not the place to start changing positions. Look at Rosbergs comments and several others who all say that it would be impossible there.

The fight was Sebs stupidity, he only had Hamilton to worry but he chose pride over brains opening the door to Hamilton in next corner and loosing it completely. Team orders are issued, now, and before and almost always after first pitsstps or by giving an undercut. Seb just needed to have Hamilton covered and make it halfway of the race to get a 1-2 for Ferrari. He chose to instead fight Kimi and pen the door to Lewis, as you can see in the replays.
    WHAT IF AGAIN GUYS! STOP IT AND MOVE ON. BAN SEB FOR LIFE, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW... GIVE HIM A BREAK... THE THING IS KIMI WAS TO SLOW FOR SEB AND HAMILTON IN FIRST 2 CORNERS AND WAS JUST BLOCKING THEM. THAT COUSED THE CRAZY THINGS IN FIRST PLACE. FERRARI WERE REALLY DONKEYS YESTERDAY BECAUSE THEY DIDNT GIVE SEB A KIMI TOW, SEB WOULD JUST DOMINATE THE FIELD TODAY IF HE HAD POLE, OUR TEAM IS A BIG JOKE IN MANAGEMENT... LOOK AT BOTTAS.

The fight was Sebs stupidity, he only had Hamilton to worry but he chose pride over brains opening the door to Hamilton in next corner and loosing it completely.
    Exactly, this is what happened, he totally forget Hamilton, when he was trying to overtake Kimi and left door open to Hamilton.

"I am sorry for our tifosi because they just deserved a different result today." Sebastian Vettel

He opened the door to Hamilton because kimi was more worried covering for vettel than Hamilton he moved over to cover Seb and breaked early to stop Seb going on the inside at turn 4, after this Seb couldn’t do anything he to break as well and Hamilton was handed his place by in team fighting, if team orders were issued kimi wouldn’t cover the way he did for Seb Seb would go through on the inside and kimi could cover ham on the outside. I’m not saying that there should be an instruction to let Seb through in the first corner but kimi should have been told if Seb is trying to pass don’t compromise him it could be the 1st or 10th corner it doesn’t matter

He opened the door to Hamilton because kimi was more worried covering for vettel than Hamilton he moved over to cover Seb and breaked early to stop Seb going on the inside at turn 4, after this Seb couldn’t do anything he to break as well and Hamilton was handed his place by in team fighting, if team orders were issued kimi wouldn’t cover the way he did for Seb Seb would go through on the inside and kimi could cover ham on the outside. I’m not saying that there should be an instruction to let Seb through in the first corner but kimi should have been told if Seb is trying to pass don’t compromise him it could be the 1st or 10th corner it doesn’t matter

Kimi drove brilliant in lead, he did not make any mistakes, that was clever driving, not a chance to pass him there (T4).

You can blame Kimi, but watch that video that I posted, watch it like few times .

Anyways, Singapore next and we have a car to win both titles, nothing is lost yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    WHAT IF AGAIN GUYS! STOP IT AND MOVE ON. BAN SEB FOR LIFE, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW... GIVE HIM A BREAK... THE THING IS KIMI WAS TO SLOW FOR SEB AND HAMILTON IN FIRST 2 CORNERS AND WAS JUST BLOCKING THEM. THAT COUSED THE CRAZY THINGS IN FIRST PLACE. FERRARI WERE REALLY DONKEYS YESTERDAY BECAUSE THEY DIDNT GIVE SEB A KIMI TOW, SEB WOULD JUST DOMINATE THE FIELD TODAY IF HE HAD POLE, OUR TEAM IS A BIG JOKE IN MANAGEMENT... LOOK AT BOTTAS.
    I totally agree. Kimi now is useless. Not for winning not for the team. He shuold hve made it easy to Seb and hard to Ham, not vice versa

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Kimi drove brilliant in lead, he did not make any mistakes, that was clever driving, not a chance to pass him there (T4).

You can blame Kimi, but watch that video that I posted, watch it like few times .

Anyways, Singapore next and we have a car to win both titles, nothing is lost yet.
    Kimi drove brilliant in the lead?? He was always in drs range couldn’t pull a gap in clean air, cooked his tyres completely and you say he drove brilliantly?

The team has built a fantastic car that can and should win the championship, the drivers are just not delivering with it.