Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Spanish GP: Race

Bottas quickest by 1.4s on first day of Barcelona F1 test

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/b...t-day/4388456/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

In the current situation, Ferrari may use 10 ;-P engine specifications this season. The fight for the title is over.

And this is testing???? (Bottas 1:15 time). . [vomit some more]
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Anyone know if Ferrari have brought any parts to test? Or has the towel been thrown in?
    They had some testing equipment on the car. Barge board area. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    They had some testing equipment on the car. Barge board area. That's it.
    That is disappointing. They have known for a long time now that their aero lacks, new front and rear wing concepts should have been ready for testing. That way they could have definitively decided if they choose the wrong aero path/concept with the car this year. They really must be clueless on where the problem is.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

That is disappointing. They have known for a long time now that their aero lacks, new front and rear wing concepts should have been ready for testing. That way they could have definitively decided if they choose the wrong aero path/concept with the car this year. They really must be clueless on where the problem is.
    i tend to agree on the clueless part....i betcha if it were Merc that had our concept car, they would work around the clock and probalbly bringing the other concept front wing and test it in Barca just to figure out where the fault was and FIX IT.....and i betcha dollars to donuts that THEY WOULD HAVE FIX THE ISSUES....but Ferrari, nah, they're just laid back munching on their spaghetti
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i tend to agree on the clueless part....i betcha if it were Merc that had our concept car, they would work around the clock and probalbly bringing the other concept front wing and test it in Barca just to figure out where the fault was and FIX IT.....and i betcha dollars to donuts that THEY WOULD HAVE FIX THE ISSUES....but Ferrari, nah, they're just laid back munching on their spaghetti
    Easy, I am Italian and love my spaghetti! lol. But yes, the recent trends do point to Merc being able to fix issues quickly.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

yeah, we have a VERY GOOD chance we'll win MONZA.....if we don't get denied by Merc's spec 2 engine when they'll introduce soon.....
    Nope. Monza will be a Merc 1-2

So first stint from Merc...they got into 1:21s, 1.5s faster then they went in testing. So yea, I dont think we are slower then we shown, its Merc that was sandbagging enormously.

Bottas quickest by 1.4s on first day of Barcelona F1 test

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/b...t-day/4388456/
    Bottas used the softest tyres (C5) (even more soft compared to the tyres used in Barcelona race), meanwhile Leclerc used the second hardest tyres.

Arguably Mercedes is bloody fast. People might say we got a advantage in Monza, but don't forget Mercedes hasn't bring their PU updates yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Bottas used the softest tyres (C5) (even more soft compared to the tyres used in Barcelona race), meanwhile Leclerc used the second hardest tyres.

Arguably Mercedes is bloody fast. People might say we got a advantage in Monza, but don't forget Mercedes hasn't bring their PU updates yet.
    But at the same time we didn't see the full potential of our pu in a circuit that exploit all the power available. Only in Canada we will have a good chance to see our pu real performance

It's all water under the bridge both championships are gone.Ferrari need to save face and try to make the best out of a failed year it could well go down as Ferraris worst ever f1 year . Mr BINOTTO can have that trophy in his cabinet that guy is living a nitemare and it's not going to go away any time soon.Mercedes will keep rubbing salt into the wounds of Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    It's all water under the bridge both championships are gone.Ferrari need to save face and try to make the best out of a failed year it could well go down as Ferraris worst ever f1 year . Mr BINOTTO can have that trophy in his cabinet that guy is living a nitemare and it's not going to go away any time soon.Mercedes will keep rubbing salt into the wounds of Ferrari.
    actually 2014 was teh worst year in this new hybrid formula
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    actually 2014 was teh worst year for Ferrari in this new hybrid formula

Easy, I am Italian and love my spaghetti! lol. But yes, the recent trends do point to Merc being able to fix issues quickly.
    Seb needs to forget the Weiner Schinitzel and switch to una bella spaghettada! Even after Schumy went to Merc he stopped in on Ferrari's lunch breaks!!! It just might do the trick and calm Seb down come race time!!

Great post !!! Thank you!

So would it be fair to say, that Mazepins(rookie) 1:15 time, comparable to Bottas, during testing is his talent or the car??? Or " it's testing Joe, cannot make that determination."

I guess my point is, can a rookie like Mazepin(whom was so-so in F2) step into that W10 and become "fast".

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Great post !!! Thank you!
    YW.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post

I read yesterday on motorsport.com that the tyres are one of the main issues. I think it was in 2017 when Mercedes were struggling with their tyres and getting lots of blisters they requested for Pirelli to introduce a thinner gauge tyre for safety. Well, they did and they are the tyres which are being used this year. Binotto stating that Ferrari and several teams are struggling to make the thinner gauge work in 2019 but Max Verstappen goes as far as saying Mercedes are the only outfit that is on top of the changed tyre specification.
    Yes, its not only the tyres but remember what happened to our races and our season when these tyres were introduced last time, well it looks like Merc got their way with this as well........"Bring back Bridgestone"
    Mercedes were the only ones to blister their tyres in Spain and this is the thinner gauge which means that they are much harder on their tyres then everyone else (imagine if the were on the thicker gauge, they would have blown). We have always managed our tyres well when they were thicker gauge and now our issue are coming from sliding across the surface and damaging them (not getting them in the optimal working window).
    It is really gut wrenching that we have not had a win yet this season especially that after 20 years i finally got my wife to support Ferrari and there has been nothing to celebrate yet.

Quote Originally Posted by No1.FerrariFan! View Post
    I read yesterday on motorsport.com that the tyres are one of the main issues. I think it was in 2017 when Mercedes were struggling with their tyres and getting lots of blisters they requested for Pirelli to introduce a thinner gauge tyre for safety. Well, they did and they are the tyres which are being used this year. Binotto stating that Ferrari and several teams are struggling to make the thinner gauge work in 2019 but Max Verstappen goes as far as saying Mercedes are the only outfit that is on top of the changed tyre specification.
    Yes, its not only the tyres but remember what happened to our races and our season when these tyres were introduced last time, well it looks like Merc got their way with this as well........"Bring back Bridgestone"
    Mercedes were the only ones to blister their tyres in Spain and this is the thinner gauge which means that they are much harder on their tyres then everyone else (imagine if the were on the thicker gauge, they would have blown). We have always managed our tyres well when they were thicker gauge and now our issue are coming from sliding across the surface and damaging them (not getting them in the optimal working window).
    It is really gut wrenching that we have not had a win yet this season especially that after 20 years i finally got my wife to support Ferrari and there has been nothing to celebrate yet.
    It's true that the tyres is one of our main issues. Only Mercedes managed to unlock the full potential of the thinner tyres. Last year, these tyres might helped Ferrari but they helped Mercedes more than anybody else. Apparently, every team approved (even Ferrari and Redbull) the new tyres.

Other than that, FIA failed miserably with the last moment rules overhaul. Last year top 3 teams were really close and we had really good fights.

Interesting analysis from Jolyan Palmer. Gives a good breakdown of the drivers during the race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzyQ4TnAOb4

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So would it be fair to say, that Mazepins(rookie) 1:15 time, comparable to Bottas, during testing is his talent or the car??? Or " it's testing Joe, cannot make that determination."

I guess my point is, can a rookie like Mazepin(whom was so-so in F2) step into that W10 and become "fast".
    And everyone still thinks Hamilton is godlike and the best racer since aryton senna....please, lance stroll could put that Merc in P1 and win the WCC.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

And everyone still thinks Hamilton is godlike and the best racer since aryton senna....please, lance stroll could put that Merc in P1 and win the WCC.
    Exactly my point, that Merc is on another world compared to the rest....and yes I’d agree with you on that pretty much anyone on today’s grid can become WDC in that car, even Stroller.....lol

Point being, Hamster is NOT God,s gift to F1.....he’s just in a perfect car driving at a perfect time....that’s all

Exactly my point, that Merc is on another world compared to the rest....and yes I’d agree with you on that pretty much anyone on today’s grid can become WDC in that car, even Stroller.....lol

Point being, Hamster is NOT God,s gift to F1.....he’s just in a perfect car driving at a perfect time....that’s all
    I think any F1 racer ever (maybe even Maldonado! ) would win in the Merc, since 2014. I am surprised Merc even have to pay their drivers considering the car is the reason they are winning.

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    I think any F1 racer ever (maybe even Maldonado! ) would win in the Merc, since 2014. I am surprised Merc even have to pay their drivers considering the car is the reason they are winning.
    At the moment, the most win and title thirsty driver is Daniel Ricciardo. He for sure would drive the Mercedes for free.

TBH, rookie Hamilton not losing to Alonso is something special, right

Its not just a new front wing. The front wing is mostly to feed air to the barge boards, and the front suspension is vital in how the airflow is directed from the wing, through the suspension, to the barge boards, to the floor, eventually to the diffuser.

You can't just throw a new front wing on the car. You really need a new aero concept. If you are talking an outwash front wing against an inwash front wing you more or less need a new car.

If Ferrari bought a "Spec B" car with the Merc concept it would be significantly behind Mercedes in development. There is no easy answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    Its not just a new front wing. The front wing is mostly to feed air to the barge boards, and the front suspension is vital in how the airflow is directed from the wing, through the suspension, to the barge boards, to the floor, eventually to the diffuser.

You can't just throw a new front wing on the car. You really need a new aero concept. If you are talking an outwash front wing against an inwash front wing you more or less need a new car.

If Ferrari bought a "Spec B" car with the Merc concept it would be significantly behind Mercedes in development. There is no easy answer.
    NOT an easy one.....but there is one....it's called 2020....accept defeat and keep fighting for the second place, which we've been doing since, well 2009......

Oh the bitterness......lol