Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Singapore GP 2019 Race

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Who’s the person shared the constructor trophy on the podium for Ferrari ???
    I heard from SKY commentary, some kind of strategy guy? He seems to be nice.
    Making Charles cool down & holding both drivers strongly n cheering them up.
    Iñaki Rueda, he’s the chief strategist for Ferrari.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    Iñaki Rueda, he’s the chief strategist for Ferrari.

Thanks for the confirmation. Recently got hired from outside or got promoted internally ?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation. Recently got hired from outside or got promoted internally ?
    He was promoted internally as far as I know. He’s been with Ferrari since 2015.

Forza Ferrari.

It would be interesting because in Sochi P2 in Q3 is better than P1. Even maybe P3, if you have a good engine, all you need is a good start and you get enormous speed with the slipstream. Easy pass.

I didnt watch the race live yesterday, was working in hills. Looked at 5.00 pm. at my phone, and saw my father write me a massage Seb P1. I was emotional (nearly in tears), and shocked, after a painful whole year, finally. Came back at home to watch the race in the evening hours, that Italian-German anthem, and a combination just wow. Really hope that will boost his morale and confidence, he really needed it. Yesterday was the best day ever.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Sorry, but I dont buy this. Seb is smart guy, he knows how to play his cards after two wins by Charles and pole he had here. He knows he has to play team game, but rest assured he would not be happy in another seat.

Just go back to China 2018 and the way he closed Kimi or 2010 and how he got Webber with Multi 21.

He is team player, until he is faster then its all eyes on WDC.
    Spot on IMHO.
    Silently, like a shadow

He isnt delivering and hasnt deliver for last 2 seaons, thats the point. He was slower today, slower yesterday and will likely be slower in Sochi, thats all I am saying.
    In the race that I saw, vettel Clean all the midfield cars faster, easier and samrter than Charles. Moreover, after the first SC, he build a buffer of 6 sec. I didn't saw any indication that Charles was faster in race than seb. Because vettel was third at 3 sec at the first stint, says more about the track layout and dirty air than anything else.

Since leclerc phenomenon people in here forgot about the team, our drivers and anything else. It's sad because this place is begining to look like f1technical where the fanboyism levels for a driver are annoying. I hope that we can turn back to a community that support Ferrari first and the our BOTH drivers. It's unbelievable people crying and moaning about a race where we get 1-2. What do you prefer? To go back to first mid session state?

Quote Originally Posted by totox View Post
    In the race that I saw, vettel Clean all the midfield cars faster, easier and samrter than Charles. Moreover, after the first SC, he build a buffer of 6 sec. I didn't saw any indication that Charles was faster in race than seb. Because vettel was third at 3 sec at the first stint, says more about the track layout and dirty air than anything else.

Since leclerc phenomenon people in here forgot about the team, our drivers and anything else. It's sad because this place is begining to look like f1technical where the fanboyism levels for a driver are annoying. I hope that we can turn back to a community that support Ferrari first and the our BOTH drivers. It's unbelievable people crying and moaning about a race where we get 1-2. What do you prefer? To go back to first mid session state?
    Its really sad. They haters should be ashamed. But we cant change people and their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Its really sad. They haters should be ashamed. But we cant change people and their opinion.
    Changing somebody opinion isn't the goal. Everyone has their point of view and is fine and healthy to be like that. The point is to push all to the same direction and support the team, the drivers and enjoy when we can, lately we had so little to be happy in this season.

Vettel cleared backmarkers faster then Leclerc and Max, and this I have to say was great from him. Although, he could have EASILY crashed with Gasly had Pierre not moved and made space. Grosjean and Ric crashed on the same spot.

As for race pace, he was falling behind Leclerc in 1st stint and after Leclerc cleared backmarkers he was taking ~0.5s of his laptime, ending from 6.5 to 4s before SC.

What I am talking about when talking about Vettel is EVERYTHING that happened in last 2-3 seasons. Riddled with mistakes, crashes and spins. He couldn't deliver. He couldn't in 2017, nor could he in 2018. Hamilton eclipsed him and realistically, there was a reason for Sergio Marchionne telling him "get a hold of yourself".

Seb, IMO, currently still has team behind him, but he got outqualified comfortably by his teammate on his favorite track and next 6 do not look hot for him. So lets wait and see, but my point is - 4x WDC should not have driven the way he did for last 3 seasons. Especially with 40m in bank, yearly.

Vettel cleared backmarkers faster then Leclerc and Max, and this I have to say was great from him. Although, he could have EASILY crashed with Gasly had Pierre not moved and made space. Grosjean and Ric crashed on the same spot.

As for race pace, he was falling behind Leclerc in 1st stint and after Leclerc cleared backmarkers he was taking ~0.5s of his laptime, ending from 6.5 to 4s before SC.

What I am talking about when talking about Vettel is EVERYTHING that happened in last 2-3 seasons. Riddled with mistakes, crashes and spins. He couldn't deliver. He couldn't in 2017, nor could he in 2018. Hamilton eclipsed him and realistically, there was a reason for Sergio Marchionne telling him "get a hold of yourself".

Seb, IMO, currently still has team behind him, but he got outqualified comfortably by his teammate on his favorite track and next 6 do not look hot for him. So lets wait and see, but my point is - 4x WDC should not have driven the way he did for last 3 seasons. Especially with 40m in bank, yearly.
    You cant stop right, and keep saying the same thing all over again. 2017 no chance for the title Mercedes was simply faster. 2018 we had the pace before Singapore after that we had 3 to 4 disaster races when the update didnt work. And it was game over. It was a combination of strategy, Team and driver errors. Seb drove better in 17 than 18. The 2015 and 2013 Seb would probably won the wdc last year.

Still in 2015 before Spa Seb was second in the standings fighting with Rosberg in a much slower car. Still he isthe only one in New era who could fight for the title beside the monster Mercedes. Even if it wasnt succesfully done. Cant deny the mistakes he made, but I am more focused on the positive site of the drivers.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 23rd September 2019 at 12:17.

Extatic over the 1-2 in Singapore!
    I care less for the driver who wins and who finishes second, as long as it's a Ferrari win!
    but... here in a nutshell my opinion as to what is EXCEPTIONALLY wrong in F1 today.

1) singapore track / monaco... lewis on the radio, I can go MUCH faster, but I am unable to follow or overtake
    fia picks these mickey mouse tracks and racing is supposed to happen ***?
    2) Leclerc radio, you are doing fine with these lap times keep it up in the delta.... ***? is this racing or an endurance race?
    3) undercut by the first runner in the pits, then hopefully the tyres will last the race, again, ***? is this racing or tyre management series

Where are the good ol' days where a team would set up an engine to last 3 laps and do the ultimate qualifying lap, and then fit an engine that will maybe last the 60 laps for the race, bolt on a set of tyres that'll last the race and GO GO GO.

Estoril, the original Monza, the original hochenheim tracks all gone to make way for street circuits and greedy money at the expense of the pure racing F1 needs.

and my final 2 cents... ***? evaluating a BALLAST penalty system?????? WHY???????

ok, rant over... back to normal. Go Ferrari, let me dream of more wins THIS season!!!!

I understand you. He could have easily crashed but he didn't. He could have easily won wdc in 2017 but he didn't neither. What's the point of the ifs? You got an 1-2 right now to enjoy, enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by totox View Post
    I understand you. He could have easily crashed but he didn't. He could have easily won wdc in 2017 but he didn't neither. What's the point of the ifs? You got an 1-2 right now to enjoy, enjoy it
    Whats my point? Its same point of telling Argentina fans "Well, you guys won against Bolivia, what does it matter you haven't won a thing since 1986??"
    Good job on the team, manufacturing and strat, as well as drivers for 1-2. But this should be a NORM. Not Baku, Singapore 17', Germany 18', Suzuka 18', Monza 18' etc.

Hamilton will drive yesterdays Seb race every weekend, except he won't crash 3x a year.

Whats my point? Its same point of telling Argentina fans "Well, you guys won against Bolivia, what does it matter you haven't won a thing since 1986??"
    Good job on the team, manufacturing and strat, as well as drivers for 1-2. But this should be a NORM. Not Baku, Singapore 17', Germany 18', Suzuka 18', Monza 18' etc.

Hamilton will drive yesterdays Seb race every weekend, except he won't crash 3x a year.
    Applying that example you can imply that as Argentina team, which is full of errors, bad decision and most of all, extremely politics that rules the sport in a sad and horrible way (which for me is fine since I don't like football) Ferrari has the same kind of problems internally. And as you mention the football example, you can have the best team players but if you can't fix all the internals and bad management it's the same to have Messi or any other player, you re never gonna win anything else. The same apply to Ferrari. You can keep bashing vettel errors anytime you want but in the end the picture is bigger and the errors are just a part of the problems. Here in Argentina when the nation team fails, all the people react the same way as here: heads must roll. And we keep going and going without any improvement despite having good players. The same as Ferrari. With a bit of luck binotto is changing that philosophy and is our duty as fans, to support. I don't care who is the number one drivers, I care that the team beat mercedes and any other team to prove the quality of the best team in the world. Blame the drivers errors won't take us anywhere near a WCC or WDC. But ofc is only my point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    I'm very surprised Ferrari just handed Vettel the win like that. He did nothing all weekend to look even remotely in contention.

Charles should be fuming, as this rightfully should have been 3 in a row for him.
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    I have frankly had it with the driver bashing. Again, this is The Scuderia. net. Gives you an idea of what our focus is, no?
    Respect both drivers of the best team in racing.
    We are fairly easy going here.
    However,
    1. Do not bash the team
    2. Do not bash either driver
    3. Play nice and respect everyone here or get tossed

Pretty simple
    No, you get off your high horse and don't lecture the rest of us on how we should or should not support this team. EACH OF US decides that, buddy boy, not you.

And, no, we don't have to support the drivers equally. What is this, a democracy or a sports team?! Sometimes, as much as one loves Ferrari, there will be a driver one prefers to another. That bias is natural for any team.

Is that so difficult to understand? Do try.

And, my word, this forum is positively crawling with so many pearl-clutching hall monitors, it's like being in some awful school crossed with a knitting club!

Look, there's one driver I'd support under no circumstances (#44, in that scenario I'd root for Charles to obliterate him like Alonso did to his team mates here, too much water under that bridge for too many years) but besides that all Ferrari drivers have my backing, even though I at the same time wished we'd moved both Massa and Räikkönen on a bit sooner. Luckily now we finally have two very fast drivers again and that's great. No need to recruit from elsewhere provided Seb wants to take a paycut to stay on from 2021 and beyond.

At the same time there were reasons Massa and Räikkönen stayed on so long as they did; first Kubica got injured, then Webber turned us down and Domenicali was angling for an Alonso/Vettel dream team for 2014, and of course Williams set a ridiculous asking price for Bottas and we dodged that bullet as he stalled, if not went backwards from his mid-10's iteration. He even admitted that he got severely distracted by the Ferrari rumours at the time, started to be even with an over-the-hill Massa the moment those emerged and that's definitely not top team material. He lucked into his seat because Toto pulled his strings and as last race proved, is now a complete slave to Mercedes' whims and a mediocre midfield driver.

So as a result, we've kept patience with our drivers for long times and I see no reason why we shouldn't try and stick with this duo for five or more years assuming Seb wants to be here.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 23rd September 2019 at 18:35.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Hussain92 View Post
    Have you made multiple accounts under different names is that why there are "few of us not happy".

Are you Charles Leclercs Manager in secret here?.. 😂😂

Anyways it's a shame that these sort of comments detract away from the real story which is as a team we did amazing! Onwards and upwards from here. Fantastic job from the team!
    Oh, yippee, another patronizing hall monitor telling another tifoso how he should support the team. It's adorable.

No, I don't have multiple accounts. But I also don't suffer from the bizarre persecution complex that you do, you poor thing.

And, no, I'm not Leclerc's manager - I wish! Do you think I'd be on here interacting with the likes of you if I were!

Do I prefer Lecelerc to Vettel? Oh, YES, you bet I do. Vettel has blown it one too many times for me at Ferrari, including just two weeks ago at Monza, need I remind you. So I'm going all out for the youngster with all the hunger and drive to win and who just happens to be faster most of the time, if that's okay with you, snookums.

By the way, and for the record, I would have been THRILLED if Vettel had won the GP on his own merit and being the best on the day. But he didn't, he was totally gifted the win and made hay with that gift - and that strategy was...well, suspect to say the least.

Oh here we go again. Unbelivable.

Seb deserved the victory end of the story. Some people are soo salty and delusional really. After what happened in Monza which Leclerc didnt help Seb its justice being made. Leclerc didnt won on pure pace in Spa also, as Seb help him with defending against Lewis. Without Seb , Lewis would won in Spa. What goes around, comes around.

To Sochi. Forza lets do it guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Vittorio View Post
    No, you get off your high horse and don't lecture the rest of us on how we should or should not support this team. EACH OF US decides that, buddy boy, not you.

And, no, we don't have to support the drivers equally. What is this, a democracy or a sports team?! Sometimes, as much as one loves Ferrari, there will be a driver one prefers to another. That bias is natural for any team.

And, my word, this forum is positively crawling with so many pearl-clutching hall monitors, it's like being in some awful school crossed with a knitting club!
    You do realize that this is not your personal blog but a website with owners and mods?

I don't think they are telling anyone how they should support anything but rather a friendly reminder about the rules for those who wish to be able to keep posting to this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Vittorio View Post

Listen, buddy. You are free to like either driver. You are not free to bash the other one. I am a moderator here. Those are the rules. Follow them.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

This forum is quickly becoming the same as the autosport forum. Filled with hate and jealousy. But I guess even at autosport forum there are many good members which know what its right or what its wrong with some good posts there. But here the same people and members are always trooling around, even in the days when our team wins. Next time you will even blame Seb for that he is responsable for ——no political statements, please TSN Mod Soo blinded by hate that they dont see the real picture. Would love to meet this people live I guess they are not happy people. Would love much more good posts here.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 23rd September 2019 at 21:01.

I feel bad for Charles but I'm glad Vettel finally got that monkey off his back. Hopefully many more 1,2's too come. Love seeing Toto's face when they're not winning. Also would love to see Mercs back in 4-5th more often. Hopefully this Ferrari is now the real deal.
    Only wished Charles would have not moaned so much on the radio. It didn't really sound so good when he was saying it wasn't fair etc. He had every right to be upset because he ran a great race, but keep it behind closed doors. He's going to win many more races.
    As for Vettel haters, he's got 1 more year, let him drive it out and see how competitive he is. If he still has it next year then Ferrari can decide if they want to sign him again. But I wouldn't offer him $40 mil. No driver should get that. If he wants to win a WDC with Ferrari, then he'd drive for a lot less.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I feel bad for Charles but I'm glad Vettel finally got that monkey off his back. Hopefully many more 1,2's too come. Love seeing Toto's face when they're not winning. Also would love to see Mercs back in 4-5th more often. Hopefully this Ferrari is now the real deal.
    Only wished Charles would have not moaned so much on the radio. It didn't really sound so good when he was saying it wasn't fair etc. He had every right to be upset because he ran a great race, but keep it behind closed doors. He's going to win many more races.
    As for Vettel haters, he's got 1 more year, let him drive it out and see how competitive he is. If he still has it next year then Ferrari can decide if they want to sign him again. But I wouldn't offer him $40 mil. No driver should get that. If he wants to win a WDC with Ferrari, then he'd drive for a lot less.
    Nicely done
    Support him while he’s here and hope that he returns to form.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    This forum it quickly becoming the same as the autosport forum. Filled with hate and jealousy. But I guess even at autosport forum there are many good members which know what its right or what its wrong with some good posts there. But here the same people and members are always trooling around, even in the days when our team wins. Next time you will even blame Seb for that he is responsable for ——no political statements, please TSN Mod Soo blinded by hate that they dont see the real picture. Would love to meet this people live I guess they are not happy people. Would love much more good posts here.
    Hej come on, just enjoy these incredible last 3 weeks: 3 poles and 3 victories for our boys .

Just rewatch this race instead of getting frustrated by some of the posts overhere. Great to see those beautiful Ferrari's racing through the night in Singapore keeping behind the complete
    field .

Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by wappad View Post
    Hej come on, just enjoy these incredible last 3 weeks: 3 poles and 3 victories for our boys .

Just rewatch this race instead of getting frustrated by some of the posts overhere. Great to see those beautiful Ferrari's racing through the night in Singapore keeping behind the complete
    field .

Forza Ferrari
    As simple as that. .
    Forza ferrari

Another thing to have in mind is that there is no way of knowing how the race would have ended without the three safety cars. As it turned out everybody at the front left a lot of laps in the hard tyres thanks to the SCs, but without them it's anybody's guess how the tyre degradation would have played out for all three teams. Lewis had the best tyres and once that cliff comes for the top three it comes fast but thanks to the SCs it never happened. So even if it seems Ferrari have made a huge step forward with the aero updates for this kind of circuits let's wait and see if the team can repeat it when they have to race basicly the entire distance. Sochi also has a lot of 90 degree turns so it might be comparable even though the circuit is a lot faster than Singapore. I doubt we'll see three safety cars in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Another thing to have in mind is that there is no way of knowing how the race would have ended without the three safety cars. As it turned out everybody at the front left a lot of laps in the hard tyres thanks to the SCs, but without them it's anybody's guess how the tyre degradation would have played out for all three teams. Lewis had the best tyres and once that cliff comes for the top three it comes fast but thanks to the SCs it never happened. So even if it seems Ferrari have made a huge step forward with the aero updates for this kind of circuits let's wait and see if the team can repeat it when they have to race basicly the entire distance. Sochi also has a lot of 90 degree turns so it might be comparable even though the circuit is a lot faster than Singapore. I doubt we'll see three safety cars in the race.
    LeClerc seemed pleasantly surprised, though fratello. Remarked that the car (I’m paraphrasing) was very good especially considering that it was a “non Ferrari” track. Huge step forward, IMHO, keeping in mind that Ferrari jumped 4 positions or so, again on a track “not suited” to us. Imagine on a Ferrari favoring track

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus