Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 600 of 1197

Thread: Ferrari 2020 Challenger Thread

  1. #571
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    43
    I am concerned about certain things and would appreciate it if someone explains it to me.

    So we are horrible in straights and our drivers say not much can be done with lack of power and to much drag. From years we are lagging behind Mercedes and certainly, our drivers are trying hard (some might feel seb doing too many mistakes). This year car is even worse than in past seasons. We might finish third or lower maybe even 5th in the championship and receive a hell lot of less money from F1 which earlier we use to get. Such disaster performance might even trigger a few sponsors to leave us and might cause some issues in terms of money. Of course, I know this is Ferrari and we got money but then again won't this be enough to call for review on the whole team? Not just the team pricipal but many of those who are involved and failed to deliver.
    Forza Ferrari Forever

  2. #572
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by Alakshendra View Post
    I am concerned about certain things and would appreciate it if someone explains it to me.

    So we are horrible in straights and our drivers say not much can be done with lack of power and to much drag. From years we are lagging behind Mercedes and certainly, our drivers are trying hard (some might feel seb doing too many mistakes). This year car is even worse than in past seasons. We might finish third or lower maybe even 5th in the championship and receive a hell lot of less money from F1 which earlier we use to get. Such disaster performance might even trigger a few sponsors to leave us and might cause some issues in terms of money. Of course, I know this is Ferrari and we got money but then again won't this be enough to call for review on the whole team? Not just the team pricipal but many of those who are involved and failed to deliver.
    Phillip Morris own all advertising space. No danger there. For now Ferrari get biggest money no matter what due to loyalty bonus. No danger there. With more efficient downforce will be fine, current concept devised with last years engine hence now will change from Hungary.

  3. #573
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    12
    jhd.PNG fgadf.PNG

    Heres the frontwing of the ferrari sf90, stay tuned @3dbecks199

  4. #574
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,153
    Austria 2020 post race week 1

    Binotto: "We said that we had to play in defense and we had to maximize every situation. It was certainly a nice surprise. It was a great race by Charles Leclerc
    , who us capable of making fantastic overtakes."

    "I am happy with the 2nd place but the performance problems remain. We have a lot of work to do especially for qualifying. We know we have to improve on Sunday too."

    Binotto confirmed that in Maranello they are working day and night to bring some parts of the upgrade already next week:

    "We are trying to work day and night to bring something of the package, perhaps already next week."

    "We don't do this only for the direct comparison but also to separate ourselves from the McLaren, Renault and Racing Point group, because Ferrari has to keep going."
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  5. #575
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,630
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Austria 2020 post race week 1

    Binotto: "We said that we had to play in defense and we had to maximize every situation. It was certainly a nice surprise. It was a great race by Charles Leclerc
    , who us capable of making fantastic overtakes."

    "I am happy with the 2nd place but the performance problems remain. We have a lot of work to do especially for qualifying. We know we have to improve on Sunday too."

    Binotto confirmed that in Maranello they are working day and night to bring some parts of the upgrade already next week:

    "We are trying to work day and night to bring something of the package, perhaps already next week."

    "We don't do this only for the direct comparison but also to separate ourselves from the McLaren, Renault and Racing Point group, because Ferrari has to keep going."
    So he literally admitted that this year they designed midfield car.

  6. #576
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,398
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    So he literally admitted that this year they designed midfield car.
    What would you rather? say it's ok we have no problems lol

    And midfield in this F1 is hardly a long way from the front....
    Forza Ferrari

  7. #577
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    What would you rather? say it's ok we have no problems lol

    And midfield in this F1 is hardly a long way from the front....
    Now he’s saying he will bring the package to be ahead of midfield. Not to fight with RB or Mercs?
    Then Whats the use of spending millions on car & wasting driver talent.
    Ever since SM passed away, this ferrari team or management is just looking for answers rather than chasing for success.

  8. #578
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Now he’s saying he will bring the package to be ahead of midfield. Not to fight with RB or Mercs?
    Then Whats the use of spending millions on car & wasting driver talent.
    Ever since SM passed away, this ferrari team or management is just looking for answers rather than chasing for success.
    Glass half full or empty. He says some of the package to be clear of racing point and McLaren he does not say the whole package which will be in Hungary. In qualifying being faster than McLaren would be level or ahead of Red Bull.

  9. #579
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,390
    He said they are about 7 tenths off on the straights alone. Upgrades planned are aero upgrades, not engine.

  10. #580
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    He said they are about 7 tenths off on the straights alone. Upgrades planned are aero upgrades, not engine.
    7 tenths on straights maybe down to high drag. Engine is rubbish compared to Ferrari 2019 but everyone's was it gained them a second a lap. Engine now is same as everyone elses car is draggy in my opinion. It's becoming apparent engines are at a ceiling after 6 seasons that's why others were so concerned last year and new something was wrong as Ferrari gained 1 second a lap on the straights. Thought they could have a draggy car this year with that engine but it's been taken away. They need to get efficient downforce. They have the target of current downforce just somehow need to achieve this with cutting drag. Another 10km on straights with same downforce they would challenge for the win. Here's hoping.

  11. #581
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,390
    Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    7 tenths on straights maybe down to high drag. Engine is rubbish compared to Ferrari 2019 but everyone's was it gained them a second a lap. Engine now is same as everyone elses car is draggy in my opinion. It's becoming apparent engines are at a ceiling after 6 seasons that's why others were so concerned last year and new something was wrong as Ferrari gained 1 second a lap on the straights. Thought they could have a draggy car this year with that engine but it's been taken away. They need to get efficient downforce. They have the target of current downforce just somehow need to achieve this with cutting drag. Another 10km on straights with same downforce they would challenge for the win. Here's hoping.
    I wish it was just drag. The fact ALL the Ferrari engined teams are down a lot vs last years car proves the PU is majorly down on power this year.

  12. #582
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I wish it was just drag. The fact ALL the Ferrari engined teams are down a lot vs last years car proves the PU is majorly down on power this year.
    You may be right my friend but could it not also be they all designed cars with an aero platform taking into account the crazy powerful engine from last year? Also last year although crazy in qualifying race pace even on power circuits Merc were much closer like Spa and Monza. In the race today Ferrari engined teams were relatively more competitive than in qualifying. Ferrari looked good in the race with a compromised aero set up even on the straights.

    The Alfa Romeo did not have a straight line issue they were right up there on top speed. Will take a few races to compute. After today I am half hoping we might have a weird 2012 style season but with a better ending.

  13. #583
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    672
    I think FIA's clampdown on our PU has really hurt us.

  14. #584
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    I think FIA's clampdown on our PU has really hurt us.
    Yes it has.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  15. #585
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,992
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/ferrari-updates-early/

    Ferrari is pushing to have their updates 1 week early. This is great news! However, if they work, we will be labeled as cheaters again as only Merc and RedBull can update a car successfully within the rules right? Lol
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  16. #586
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    I think FIA's clampdown on our PU has really hurt us.
    Yup. If ferrari wants to win, they should work around its aerodynamic package now.
    I feel it’s a Hercules task for them.
    If we remember 2017 car was 2nd best aero package after Mercs. We lacked engine power.

  17. #587
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    83
    What if ferrari just update the engine though its frozen and bring a new engine and get some grid penalty or can they say a part of the engine is not reliable and update the part or parts and gain some performance?

    I am loosing sleep over ferrari's performance and I want them to win. Feel heartbroken

  18. #588
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by FF1 View Post
    What if ferrari just update the engine though its frozen and bring a new engine and get some grid penalty or can they say a part of the engine is not reliable and update the part or parts and gain some performance?

    I am loosing sleep over ferrari's performance and I want them to win. Feel heartbroken
    They can't, it's not like just bringinng an update. The engine spec itself is frozen apparently until 2022. You get one update on all internal components. We should use it on engine, but probably won't until the begining of 2021 i'm guessing, unless we somehow end up in a championship battle this year.


    "When I watch a puppet show, I'm not watching the puppets...I'm trying to see who's pulling the strings."

  19. #589
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/ferrari-updates-early/

    Ferrari is pushing to have their updates 1 week early. This is great news! However, if they work, we will be labeled as cheaters again as only Merc and RedBull can update a car successfully within the rules right? Lol
    It is great news, sounds like someone told Binotto that dragging ass until Hungary is completely unacceptable.


    "When I watch a puppet show, I'm not watching the puppets...I'm trying to see who's pulling the strings."

  20. #590
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    They can't, it's not like just bringinng an update. The engine spec itself is frozen apparently until 2022. You get one update on all internal components. We should use it on engine, but probably won't until the begining of 2021 i'm guessing, unless we somehow end up in a championship battle this year.
    I recall in the past a team bringing a new engine spec; or wanting a new engine spec based on reliability. Maybe we should go down that route and say we need it for reliability lol
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  21. #591
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I recall in the past a team bringing a new engine spec; or wanting a new engine spec based on reliability. Maybe we should go down that route and say we need it for reliability lol
    Yes, that's allowed, but our engine is bulletproof. But look at Merc and Redbull (max and stroll) have had reliability issues. We should scream bloody murder if Red Bull or Merc touch ANYTHING.

    We should have rushed whatever engine spec we could for Austria, and if it didn't work, upgrade it under the reliability clause.


    "When I watch a puppet show, I'm not watching the puppets...I'm trying to see who's pulling the strings."

  22. #592
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Yes, that's allowed, but our engine is bulletproof. But look at Merc and Redbull (max and stroll) have had reliability issues. We should scream bloody murder if Red Bull or Merc touch ANYTHING.

    We should have rushed whatever engine spec we could for Austria, and if it didn't work, upgrade it under the reliability clause.
    I wouldn’t call it bulletproof after one race, I hope it is. Whatever the case, we need to find a way to update our PU otherwise we will be in for another long, disappointing 2 seasons.

    I wouldn’t put it past Merc or RedBull to try to update based on “reliability” issues.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  23. #593
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I wouldn’t call it bulletproof after one race, I hope it is. Whatever the case, we need to find a way to update our PU otherwise we will be in for another long, disappointing 2 seasons.

    I wouldn’t put it past Merc or RedBull to try to update based on “reliability” issues.
    Renault got level or close in V8 era with RELIABILITY changes. Time for the big guns to do some deals behind the scenes, do F1 really want their greatest most loyal participant to be fighting for 2 years with hands behind their backs? Good article on an F1 tech site where they speculate could be an Mguk issue. Acceleration good but sharp tail off at 260kmh. Leclerc radio after race said so hard on restarts so was this an Mguk issue? Clutching at straws but Mguk can be updated?

  24. #594
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Manila, PH
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    So he literally admitted that this year they designed midfield car.
    That can be read as him not wanting to be in that midfield. I think that's what he actually means.

  25. #595
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Manila, PH
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    You may be right my friend but could it not also be they all designed cars with an aero platform taking into account the crazy powerful engine from last year? Also last year although crazy in qualifying race pace even on power circuits Merc were much closer like Spa and Monza. In the race today Ferrari engined teams were relatively more competitive than in qualifying. Ferrari looked good in the race with a compromised aero set up even on the straights.

    The Alfa Romeo did not have a straight line issue they were right up there on top speed. Will take a few races to compute. After today I am half hoping we might have a weird 2012 style season but with a better ending.
    The car only ever came alive very late in the race, with minimal fuel and the medium tyre hitting a sweet spot. That looks worryingly like 2014 to me but we shall see what the updates bring.

  26. #596
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    2,967

  27. #597
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Thx. The last report is that there will only be a new FW for this weekend.

  28. #598
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    2,967
    Quote Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
    Thx. The last report is that there will only be a new FW for this weekend.
    Other (sky it)say and new floor .
    The thing is that Binotto said that there will be (in Hungary) a big update that will change the concept if the car!!!! This FW dont point to that direction !!!! Just a bit different then the old one like a regular update!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 9th July 2020 at 14:54.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  29. #599
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Other (sky it)say and new floor .
    The thing is that Binotto said that there will be (in Hungary) a big update that will change the concept if the car!!!! This FW dont point to that direction !!!! Just a bit different then the old one like a regular update!!!!!!!!
    True. Could it be this FW is not part of the B spec but is introduced separately for this 2nd race? I can't believe a B spec is only tweaking a few bits and flaps right?

  30. #600
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,643
    Quote Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
    True. Could it be this FW is not part of the B spec but is introduced separately for this 2nd race? I can't believe a B spec is only tweaking a few bits and flaps right?
    Well, what were you guys expecting? A slim nose like Merc or red bull? That take a lot of work not to mention the car has to undergo another crash test for that.....it ain’t that easy just to slap a totally different nose....besides our car has had the same fat nose since 2017....this is our concept, Ferrari refuse to follow the Merc.....until the new Aero refs in 2022 were stuck with the FAT nose

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •