Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 103546474849505152535455565758596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 1892

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Camilleri spineless and useless, I read above, and laugh at the incredible fickle nature of humans....
    I just copied these 2 lines to PROVE how utterly ridiculous your comments are:
    "
    During Camilleri’s tenure, Ferrari was one of the best performing stocks in the automotive sector, as demand for the company’s high performance cars remained strong despite the coronavirus pandemic.

Under his leadership, Ferrari shares have hit record levels, with those listed on Milan bourse touching an all-time high of 182.95 euros ($222.05) last month.
    "

He was CEO of the Company, not the F1 side alone, and making MONEY was his job!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    When would Ferrari have stable management?
    Anyways itís good that he resigned.Letís see who would takeover for the long term. I think Mattia Binotto will apply for this position & play politics to gain the position.

If thereís no improvement next year & challenge in 2021, Mattia resignation next to follow up.
    I think everyone is aware of Mattia the politician, time to handover TD role to him where he was going good

https://thesportsrush.com/f1-news-se...ir-gp-win/?amp

Seems like Perez might be heading for RB.

[QUOTE=Tifoso Svedese;1038404]Hopefully the last we'll see of that moron. He should give Brembo a goat as a send-off gift for the loyal support over the years.

You left out the letter E! " more on " winning than any other driver past or present so far ! Ferrari is in the next race . Charles has a shot at the podium. A tough winter break coming up for sure.

[QUOTE=Brembo;1038423]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Hopefully the last we'll see of that moron. He should give Brembo a goat as a send-off gift for the loyal support over the years.

You left out the letter E! " more on " winning than any other driver past or present so far ! Ferrari is in the next race . Charles has a shot at the podium. A tough winter break coming up for sure.
    hohum.... brembo.....trollDetected.gif

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    When would Ferrari have stable management?
    Anyways itís good that he resigned.Letís see who would takeover for the long term. I think Mattia Binotto will apply for this position & play politics to gain the position.

If thereís no improvement next year & challenge in 2021, Mattia resignation next to follow up.
    Binotto has a long way to go and a lot to learn before they put him in charge of the entire company. Leave him where he is.

Currently at home in Italy, then! I still can't understand why Ferrari haven't been able to separate Binotto from the trackside running of the team where he appears ineffectual (to me). He has too much on his plate and there must be other candidates who are more in tune with making the team run like clockwork on the track and in the pits. I assume that Meikles is just a stop-gap for now.

Apparently, it was Elkann who took the decision to not extend Vettel's contract.

https://www.funoanalisitecnica.com/2...sitecnica.html

Translated from Italian-

"Sometimes you want to rewind the tape. Sometimes you'd better not. Ferrari dismissed Sebastian Vettel before the season kicked off. Mediatically speaking too early because it generated a long goodbye. The willingness to "continue talking about it" to find "solutions" after some misunderstanding was no longer there.

As far as we know, Mattia Binotto - absent at the very last appointment due to an indisposition (not Covid-19, the first swabs were negative) - was the author of the final phone call whose "tone of voice" left no room for second thoughts. But at the time, the team principal (March seems almost a lifetime ago) would have wanted to try to bring home an extension until 2022, without rushing, by August 2020. He did not succeed due to the immovability of Elkann, who clearly changed his mind after some unhappy talks with the four-time world champion. Legitimate, mind you, but a pity in the ways. Vettel, except for the very first years, has never had a real magic circle in Ferrari and this year it has turned into a circle of fire. But it is also fair to give credit to the German for having pursued until the end respectful behaviors with the team.

It's no longer time to remember mistakes or to organize a race to see who made the most mistakes between him, the team, management, ownership or whoever. Certainly instead, remember the enthusiasm when he arrived in Ferrari, fresh air for them and also for the whole F1 after a year without history, sportingly speaking.

I remember very well the 2015 tests experienced in Barcelona. In Catalonia, beyond a Mercedes that was hopefully reachable, there was a good but not very good Williams and a Red Bull - Renault in great embarrassment. Then there was the SF15T of James Allison and Simone Resta. I'm willing to bet that while it wasn't the best Red I've driven, it was definitely the most beloved car. The one of high hopes, of the "cleanest" emotions, of unexpected victories.

Goodbye Vettel, goodbye"
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

This Ferrari is so slipping into 70's and 80's.... Personally Ibdon't see light at the end of tunnel....

I pray for Charles to stay! Driver wise he keeps Ferrari in the top 3. Car wise... no comment. Enough is already said here .

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    This Ferrari is so slipping into 70's and 80's.... Personally Ibdon't see light at the end of tunnel....
    In 70's and 80's we had the car but not the driver and when we had the driver, we either didn't have the car or lost him to an accident. Ferrari has always been a political team. But apart from the occasional anomalous season, we're always up there in the top 3. We have a great driver in Leclerc. Just 30 more HP, and our chassis suddenly becomes capable enough to challenge RedBull and considering how much Binotto downplays everything, him saying that the new engine is doing well at the dyno means something. We need to work on the pit crew and strategy department.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    In 70's and 80's we had the car but not the driver and when we had the driver, we either didn't have the car or lost him to an accident. Ferrari has always been a political team. But apart from the occasional anomalous season, we're always up there in the top 3. We have a great driver in Leclerc. Just 30 more HP, and our chassis suddenly becomes capable enough to challenge RedBull and considering how much Binotto downplays everything, him saying that the new engine is doing well at the dyno means something. We need to work on the pit crew and strategy department.
    In short, they need to work everywhere, everything! Except CL. But he needs to be more patience at the start!

In short, they need to work everywhere, everything! Except CL. But he needs to be more patience at the start!
    Yep. We don't want him to end up like Vettel, bottling it at a key moment. I think he would be better off making as many mistakes as possible in a season where we have a dog of a car rather than throwing away a championship due to driver error.

Agreed 100% stefa, there have been so many personnel changes over the past few years and none of them seem to have stayed long enough to make the team a complete package. There are always comments relating to Ferrari being Italy-based as a disadvantage, but if Alpha Tauri can provide its drivers with a decent car and they're based in Italy, why can't Ferrari? OK so the Honda engine is more powerful but they seem to have an ace chassis too. Ferrari also need an effective team principal who is not expected to be the technical director at the same time. I just hope Charles stays at Ferrari long enough to see some changes to the way the team operates, but it will take more than just patience!

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Ferrari needs to work on everything. Currently the team is simply not good enough, not in any department. There seems to be some sort of disarray in the team and considering the level Mercedes operate on (except for strategy, I think they are very very vulnerable in that area), our level is, sorry to say it, a joke.
    I feel that in Leclerc we have a driver that for the next 10 years can be a miracle driver for us with only Verstappen being as good as he is once Alonso and Hamilton have retired (I feel that Leclerc might already be faster in qualifying than Max, but in racepace and in rain Max is still probably a bit better). We need to give him great cars or he will get fed up one day and leave. The hiring of Charles was the best decision we have made in long time and we need to thank Marchionne for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril View Post
    Ferrari needs to work on everything. Currently the team is simply not good enough, not in any department. There seems to be some sort of disarray in the team and considering the level Mercedes operate on (except for strategy, I think they are very very vulnerable in that area), our level is, sorry to say it, a joke.
    I feel that in Leclerc we have a driver that for the next 10 years can be a miracle driver for us with only Verstappen being as good as he is once Alonso and Hamilton have retired (I feel that Leclerc might already be faster in qualifying than Max, but in racepace and in rain Max is still probably a bit better). We need to give him great cars or he will get fed up one day and leave. The hiring of Charles was the best decision we have made in long time and we need to thank Marchionne for that.
    Now when we have a driver, they need just to built everything else!

I thought the team did quite well in the 70's.

1975 WDC + WCC
    1976 WCC
    1977 WDC + WCC
    1979 WDC + WCC

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I thought the team did quite well in the 70's.

1975 WDC + WCC
    1976 WCC
    1977 WDC + WCC
    1979 WDC + WCC
    OK... I went to far back. Than just in 80's and 90's

Hamilton 'grateful to be alive' after returning from COVID layoff

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...g-covid-layoff

Usual drama queen act! You are glad to be alive, after one week of COVID 19 positive?!?!? Right!

Hamilton 'grateful to be alive' after returning from COVID layoff

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...g-covid-layoff

Usual drama queen act! You are glad to be alive, after one week of COVID 19 positive?!?!? Right!
    Lewis is glad to be alive and most importantly also well. His life in good health and in F-1 will go on. He's OK. I'm sure he's looking forward to his records to be in the 100 s next season.

totally agree Stefa, a very fit sportsman in his 30s, hardly a high risk group.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Agreed 100% stefa, there have been so many personnel changes over the past few years and none of them seem to have stayed long enough to make the team a complete package. There are always comments relating to Ferrari being Italy-based as a disadvantage, but if Alpha Tauri can provide its drivers with a decent car and they're based in Italy, why can't Ferrari? OK so the Honda engine is more powerful but they seem to have an ace chassis too. Ferrari also need an effective team principal who is not expected to be the technical director at the same time. I just hope Charles stays at Ferrari long enough to see some changes to the way the team operates, but it will take more than just patience!
    How long did LEC sign for? I'd be amazed if he sees that out..
    Angry. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Lewis is glad to be alive and most importantly also well. His life in good health and in F-1 will go on. He's OK. I'm sure he's looking forward to his records to be in the 100 s next season.
    And yet again you are blabbing about your goat and his 100!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    totally agree Stefa, a very fit sportsman in his 30s, hardly a high risk group.
    I'm sure Lewis felt exactly as you described until he got the virus. Being the very fit sportsman that he is on and off the track is for sure why he made it to the race even not fully recovered. You are right on the money, Lewis is a very fit sportsman.

And yet again you are blabbing about your goat and his 100!!!!
    Wow! You not me just referred to him as the GOAT ! So you do agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    How long did LEC sign for? I'd be amazed if he sees that out..
    Isn't it 2023? Poor boy will be so disillusioned by then that he'll buy himself out!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Wow! You not me just referred to him as the GOAT ! So you do agree!
    Poor you when you did not saw irony!? I refered to him in small letters - goat- as an domestic animal, not what you are thinking of him in Ferrari forum.

Isn't it 2023? Poor boy will be so disillusioned by then that he'll buy himself out!

Wisepie I think your right. Ferrari was in my mind the dream team of every driver coming to and already in F-1. I just can't get used to them where they are. I believe even the pit crew gave up.

HIGHLY PROBABLE-->"Checko Perez to RedBull in 2021.....Albon reserve driver for RedBull.
    It's not how start but how you finish.