Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: StyrianGP 2020 Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by wappad View Post
    What a great session it was

Really what F1 needed: Just drive in the rain when possible. Great decision

Scuderia, keep fighting tomorrow and try to get as much points as possible.

Good luck to you boys tomorrow, Forza Ferrari
    I LOVE YOUR OPTIMISM, YOU MUST BE NEW HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I still love Ferrari and support them but after 13 winless seasons I AM DONE. I am supporting redbull now to end merc's arrogance. #FORZAFERRARI i hope they find their way
    Please don't go

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    Yeah he is...that was Sennaesque from him today. Showed Verstappen where he belongs
    Thats a joke of a statement, Merc has the best car on the gird BY FAR. Then of course Lewis much better than Bottas, but I believe Verstappen would beat Lewis in the same car.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    The last time was Hungary 2018, when Raikkonen was the fastest driver in Q3 and would've taken the pole, but he was unable to because he couldn't do one single lap on new tyres.
    For the last time, stop blaming the car, the team, tyres, suspension or whatever for one second and admit that, netiher Lec or Vet are outstanding in this conditions. There's a reason why both Ham and Max outqualified both their teammates by more than 1 seconds.

And the Williams of 2017 wasn't an absolute dog, unlike the Williams of last year or this year.
    When there’s a good car, your driver will make the difference in such conditions.
    They will find the sweet spot & make it work. That’s how RB & Mercs cars are & their drivers are making difference.

When you don’t have a good car, wt will driver do? How can he find traction or grip?

Ok tell me when was the last time ferrari car won in wet race? Leave Alonso & schumi

I LOVE YOUR OPTIMISM, YOU MUST BE NEW HERE
    Love your reaction !!

Forza Ferrari

Quaifying results...usng full wets. Rain is the great equalizer...given the track, the cars and their drivers.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ecp2xfCX...pg&name=medium
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    When there’s a good car, your driver will make the difference in such conditions.
    They will find the sweet spot & make it work. That’s how RB & Mercs cars are & their drivers are making difference.

When you don’t have a good car, wt will driver do? How can he find traction or grip?

Ok tell me when was the last time ferrari car won in wet race? Leave Alonso & schumi
    So you are saying Mercedes is a worse car than the Mclaren, because Bottas got out-qualified by Sainz. Good to know.

And why would I ever leave out Schumi or Alonso? if both of them can win races in a dog of a car like 1996 or 2012 Ferrari, you atleast expect current Ferrari drivers to beat Gasly or Ocon, and qualify inside the top 10.

I don't know why, but Ferrari have been terrible in rainy conditions for several seasons.

THEY HAVE TO CHANGE CULTURE, ITALIANS ARE NO GOOD. THEY ARE DRIVEN BY EMOTIONS, EMOTIONS DRIVEN DECISIONS ARE JUST HORRIBLE DECISIONS.
    Ah it's the Italians... Well Williams should look even more stupid then being a British team.

So you are saying Mercedes is a worse car than the Mclaren, because Bottas got out-qualified by Sainz. Good to know.

And why would I ever leave out Schumi or Alonso? if both of them can win races in a dog of a car like 1996 or 2012 Ferrari, you atleast expect current Ferrari drivers to beat Gasly or Ocon, and qualify inside the top 10.
    I’m asking about the car & your are asking drivers.

RB was always a good car aerodynamically. It’s no matter whether you accept it or not.
    It was proved when vettel was in there & now max.
    Mercs you know It’s their era, their car is suitable to every condition except hot where they have cooling issue.
    and talking about drivers, when you have a good car in hand they make the talk through their driving that’s what max & ham are doing.
    Now that even Alfa car is strong in these conditions, it doesn’t mean that kvyat or Ocon or sainz or Norris etc are better than Lec & vettel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    Ah it's the Italians... Well Williams should look even more stupid then being a British team.
    There's about £400million reasons that Williams are behind ferrari
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    I don't know why, but Ferrari have been terrible in rainy conditions for several seasons.

This is what I’ve been saying here.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    There's about £400million reasons that Williams are behind ferrari
    Thank you, I would add a 0

Not a surprising result. Driving in the rain is all about confidence our drivers have absolutely no confidence in that car. This is going to be a brutal season.

THEY HAVE TO CHANGE CULTURE, ITALIANS ARE NO GOOD. THEY ARE DRIVEN BY EMOTIONS, EMOTIONS DRIVEN DECISIONS ARE JUST HORRIBLE DECISIONS.
    That's a pretty broad sweeping brush... Renault isn't very good either, does that mean the French are no good either?

It's a bit ironic that you're a fan of an Italian team given how stupid you think Italians are, maybe follow another team that doesn't have any Italians involved, might be better for your health...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Quaifying results...usng full wets. Rain is the great equalizer...given the track, the cars and their drivers.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ecp2xfCX...pg&name=medium
    Yup, Rain was, is and always will be the great equalizer. On a dry qualy, Bottas could've easily gotten the pole today, and neighter Sainz or Ocon would be anywhere near the top 3. But wet race track changes thing, and now Bottas is 1.4 seconds behind Hamilton and Sainz is in P3.

I have high hopes for Leclerc and regard him quite highly, but that doesn't make me blind. Leclerc is not the complete package like Ham or Max, maybe one day he will be but right now he isn't. Getting out classed by Gasly in a Alfa or Ocon in a Reanult in the wets is not a good thing.

F2 race in the wet now, got to see it!
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

I think we will be better in the race we knew we'd struggle over 1 lap especially with the rain. As I said before if Charles can escape with a 2nd and 5th from the first two races id call that a win overall given the circumstances and hopefully we can push a bit more from Hungary onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I’m asking about the car & your are asking drivers.

RB was always a good car aerodynamically. It’s no matter whether you accept it or not.
    It was proved when vettel was in there & now max.
    Mercs you know It’s their era, their car is suitable to every condition except hot where they have cooling issue.
    and talking about drivers, when you have a good car in hand they make the talk through their driving that’s what max & ham are doing.
    Now that even Alfa car is strong in these conditions, it doesn’t mean that kvyat or Ocon or sainz or Norris etc are better than Lec & vettel.
    Never said anyone of them are better than Lec or Vet. That's your conclusion not mine.

But I'm not going to cast a blind eye on today's result. Ferrari getting out-qualified by Ocon or Gasly...it's not down to the car. And you can come up with all sorts of excuses, but there is no way in hell I'm going to accept that the SF1000 is a worse car than Gasly's Alpha Tauri. And only 0.008 seconds better than Russell's Williams.

And Dani Ric was used be a solid wet driver as well. But today he got out-qualified by Ocon. So again, it's not the car, not always that is. And if Max or Ham were driving other car, they would still be competitive in the wet condition.

We can play this game all day along, as you've already done, mentioning the Monza 2017 wet qualifying while ignoring Hungary 2018. But that's just waste of time.
    In this conditions, a F1 car will never reach it's dry weather speed, so it's never going to generate enough downforce. Some drivers know how to find the grip in a wet surface, some dont. It's just the way it is.

Such a nice and worm weather in Belgrade 34C. I am so glad I'am outside spending good quallity time with family and not wasting it on this... what ever... Tomorrow I will do it again, as anything else would be just wasting time and energy on nothing! And now to those who are goin to jump over me and say that I am not true supporter and all other usual "wich hunt" phrases, say what you want and live in a bubble. I was there to watch and support Ferrari since early 80's when things ware even worse, and I was there when great MS brought all the joy and glory to Ferrari supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Such a nice and worm weather in Belgrade 34C. I am so glad I'am outside spending good quallity time with family and not wasting it on this... what ever... Tomorrow I will do it again, as anything else would be just wasting time and energy on nothing! And now to those who are goin to jump over me and say that I am not true supporter and all other usual "wich hunt" phrases, say what you want and live in a bubble. I was there to watch and support Ferrari since early 80's when things ware even worse, and I was there when great MS brought all the joy and glory to Ferrari supporters.

I have high hopes for Leclerc and regard him quite highly, but that doesn't make me blind. Leclerc is not the complete package like Ham or Max, maybe one day he will be but right now he isn't. Getting out classed by Gasly in a Alfa or Ocon in a Reanult in the wets is not a good thing.
    This. Lewis showed how good he was in the rain right in his first season - see Japan 2007.
    Max in his second season proved himself in Brazil in 2016.

Charles is good in the dry, really good and a skilled overtaker but so far his performances in the wet were a let down.

I am amazed by what Gasly and Ocon achieved today, especially Ocon, after 1 year pause he started really good.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Atleast you are having a good time.

And the great MS had a proper racing team around him. No politics, not wasting their breathe about passion, pride and some other ********! They were motivated, with a inspiring driver on track and inspiring and capable leaders off track.

But that's not the case today, unfortunately. AS the great Lauda said back in 2009, the "Spaghetti Culture" has returned, and it's going to be there as long as the F1 base remain in Maranello.

It was cruising for bruising

Atleast you are having a good time.

And the great MS had a proper racing team around him. No politics, not wasting their breathe about passion, pride and some other ********! They were motivated, with a inspiring driver on track and inspiring and capable leaders off track.

But that's not the case today, unfortunately. AS the great Lauda said back in 2009, the "Spaghetti Culture" has returned, and it's going to be there as long as the F1 base remain in Maranello.
    Thank you.

Regarding culture and nationality... I don't want to speak about that topic, as it is awkward... I do agree with some things, as I had the opportunity to speak back in 2000 with some people that used to work for F1 team, and one that ware working at that time. Some interesting things I have learned....

More salt on the wound......

[Autosport]

Charles Leclerc faces a double investigation after StyrianGP qualifying, as he failed to immediately pit under a red flag and allegedly impeded Daniil Kvyat

Quote Originally Posted by ferras View Post
    I finally made sure it wasn’t an Ferrari engine. Just chassis so trash...
    it's a combination of both mate.....chassis is just a much TRASH as the engine is......BOTH ARE TRASH.....

looks like a painfull 2 years for us coming.....and in 2022 when rules reset....well i won't hold my breath that ferrair will produce a better car with the new rules revamp....

You stop kidding yourself. So what are you saying, that Ferrari is no better than Williams?
    This is a wet qualifying, what the the **** engine gonna do, pull the car faster through corners?
    Wow... you know so little, yet you think about yourself so much... What about driveability? Power delivery? Nothing? Crucial stuff in wet. And I don't even talk about aero stability, which is so important. Willisams may have less downforce, but if it is more stable, easier to drive, have better power delivery... The cars are not black and white. Btw you are basically saying that Leclerc is worse, than so many drivers from "lesser" teams, which is bull**** and you know it. Ferrari SF1000 is just pathetic excuse of a car. And you can say whatever you want ;)

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Good to see that Hamilton has improved his wet driving skills after crashes in Brazil 2018 qualifying and Germany 2019 race!

The above is for the few who think that it's Hamilton making difference and nothing to do with the car. Going by the same logic, Rosberg beat Hamilton to pole numerous times in Mercedes, does that make Rosberg better driver than Hamilton?