Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Silverstone Race thread

Hope the drama is the same for the next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Congrats to Leclerc! Of course Sky and co sticking up for Hamilton driving on a dangerous tire.
    Yeah I thought you were only allowed to drive back to the pits on three wheels, not complete a new lap? Needs a time penalty of 10 seconds for crossing the finish line in an unsafe condition to be demoted the pit stop time so Max wins. I think that should be automatic if a driver crosses the line in dangerous equipment.

Since Greig loves safety so much, I'm sure he agrees

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    As I said, Alonso of 2007 wasn't the Alonso of 2010-2018. Alonso of 2010-2018 would come out ahead of current Hamilton, if both had equal cars.

Too bad we never got see prime Alonso in the fastest car.

LOL.

IF Lewis had that puncture 20 seconds earlier Verstappen would not have pitted. This was the most lucky thing EVER to happen in Formula 1, except for Glock going off track at the last corner in 2008.

And Bottas lost EVERYTHING because he got the puncture at the wrong place of the track, so he had to limp for so long. Unreal luck for Hamilton.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

As I said, Alonso of 2007 wasn't the Alonso of 2010-2018. Alonso of 2010-2018 would come out ahead of current Hamilton, if both had equal cars.

But he got stuck behind Petrov, don’t you know. That one occasion, and he is down on my list

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Yeah I thought you were only allowed to drive back to the pits on three wheels, not complete a new lap? Needs a time penalty of 10 seconds for crossing the finish line in an unsafe condition to be demoted the pit stop time so Max wins.

Since Greig loves safety so much, I'm sure he agrees
    I’m not expecting anything, but at least an investigation to show that there is some parity when it comes to penalties. Merc covered the tire right away, which shows you they know he shouldn’t have driven on it. More Ham/Merc favouritism as usual.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

GREAT JOB BY CHARLES.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Mr Harry Potter is saved again by Leclerc this weekend.
    Now he will come & say “we have better tyre wear”
    They definitely had today

Forza Ferrari, forza Charles

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I’m not expecting anything, but at least an investigation to show that there is some parity when it comes to penalties. Merc covered the tire right away, which shows you they know he shouldn’t have driven on it. More Ham/Merc favouritism as usual.
    Every driver tries to get back to the pits with a puncture.....should he have pitted though is the question.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Frankly, he should just pack it in before embarassing himself further. To think how good he was in 2015 and 2017 to go to this is just baffling. The moment he started try to kiss the rear end of everything Mercedes all the time, he collapsed as a driver. Him going into the Mercedes team box after losing the title to shake everybody's hands just made me see red.
    Yup.

Lately Vettel is getting pretty chummy with the media. It's only a matter of time until he says something like "Ferrari not giving me the equal car as Charles" or something like that.

I think Binotto needs to rein in, because Vettel is still under Ferrari contract. Otherwise he would say something stupid, and Ferrari would get lots of bad PR's.

Yup.

Lately Vettel is getting pretty chummy with the media. It's only a matter of time until he says something like "Ferrari not giving me the equal car as Charles" or something like that.

I think Binotto needs to rein in, because Vettel is still under Ferrari contract. Otherwise he would say something stupid, and Ferrari would get lots of bad PR's.
    Unfortunately for you, this question was already asked to him yesterday and he profoundly dismissed the idea.

Yup.

There's no denying that Vettel was a great champion, at least nearly the same level as Hammy, but now he just reminds me of Jorge Lorenzo at Honda or the Jimmie Johnson of the past few years in NASCAR. Sometimes, champions collapse a lot harder than others. Bar being given a Mercedes, I don't think Vettel would have any prospects of rejuvinating himself. Max would destroy him now, whereas in 2017-2018 they'd be too close to call.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Every driver tries to get back to the pits with a puncture.....should he have pitted though is the question.
    Good point.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Unfortunately for you, this question was already asked to him yesterday and he profoundly dismissed the idea.
    Vettel to Sky Germany: "I didn't feel comfortable at all. There must be something. Can't be that we made a step back overnight."

And it has already started. Now Herr Vettel is implying that evil Ferrari is doing "something" to his car.

Come on Binotto, grow some cojones and kick this useless German out of the team and bring in Sainz Jr early. And Mclaren can bring Ricciardo early and Renault get's Alonso this year. Everyone wins.

Leclerc deserves all the support we can give him! He delivers! FORZA CHARLES!!! FORZA FERRARI!!!

Good result for Charles. Funny seeing the Mercs both suffer delaminations. Sure Fuher Wolff will make sure it doesn't happen again.

He was on the last lap, he would have won in the pit lane anyway. Schumacher did this years ago when he served a time penalty on the last lap in the pits and won.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De La Mar View Post
    He was on the last lap, he would have won in the pit lane anyway. Schumacher did this years ago when he served a time penalty on the last lap in the pits and won.
    Max was only 5 seconds behind....
    Forza Ferrari

So you’re comparing a 2010-2018 Alonso with a 2007 Hamilton. Not sure why anyone would do this, do you think Hamilton hasn’t also improved as a driver in the last 13 years?

Max was only 5 seconds behind....
    Probably quicker to get into the pit lane than manoeuvre Vale on 3 wheels. The entry is right next to it, having raced at Silverstone there is time as the speed limit line is quite far down.

Probably quicker to get into the pit lane than manoeuvre Vale on 3 wheels. The entry is right next to it, having raced at Silverstone there is time as the speed limit line is quite far down.
    Probably not quicker.
    Forza Ferrari

Next week softer tyres and 10 degrees hotter.....Merc will arrange that only the hard tyre can be used at 40psi and all teams must pit on lap 20 and 40.

Probably not quicker.
    Probably close, certainly doable with a 5 second cushion. The point is moot anyway as what Lewis did is perfectly legal, not even RB and Horner are moaning.

Probably close, certainly doable with a 5 second cushion. The point is moot anyway as what Lewis did is perfectly legal, not even RB and Horner are moaning.
    Is it legal? can you quote the rules please. Pretty sure the rules are if you have mechanical damage you have to pull over or pit?
    Forza Ferrari

It wasn’t mechanical damage, it was just a flat tyre that wasn’t shedding debris. If it was shedding debris then he’d have to pull over. I can maybe recall one instance of a damaged car being limped home that was black-flagged or given a penalty.

Like I have said before I do not rate Hamilton put him in another car that sook. Charles would wipe the floor with that guy in the same team.The best f1 driver on the grid currently is Charles fast good looks has it all.FIA will dump Hamilton f1 has it's poster boy, and he needs no chains around his neck.

It wasn’t mechanical damage, it was just a flat tyre that wasn’t shedding debris. If it was shedding debris then he’d have to pull over. I can maybe recall one instance of a damaged car being limped home that was black-flagged or given a penalty.
    Because they pit maybe? he went past the pitlane.....
    Forza Ferrari

Well, let's say Charles was leading and had a puncture and Hamilton was in second 5s adrift. Anyone believing Charles would've escaped not pulling into the pits without a penalty must be smoking some really funny stuff

Because they pit maybe? he went past the pitlane.....
    Again, not an issue. Have a read yourself, page 36. I can’t find a section for it. The race director could have black-flagged him if it wasn’t the last lap, but it was.

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...2020-07-29.pdf

A quick google suggests that this has precedence with Fittipaldi in ‘72.

Podium is midfield is it....haha must hurt you to see.
    It was luck, and not merit Tinkerbell. How far back was Charles at the 40 lap mark despite two safety cars? He was basically leading the midfield. If not for the safety cars Charles would have been a full minute behind at the line.

Stop pretending like this result is indicative of performance. Are you really that simple?