13 Vettel GER Ferrari 10
    14 Giovinazzi ITA Alfa Romeo Racing Ferrari 2
    15 Kvyat RUS AlphaTauri Honda 1
    16 Magnussen DEN Haas Ferrari 1
    17 Latifi CAN Williams Mercedes 0
    18 Räikkönen FIN Alfa Romeo Racing Ferrari 0
    19 Russell GBR Williams Mercedes 0
    20 Grosjean FRA Haas Ferrari 0

I guess the acid test is if the car passes Parc Fermè inspection due to ride height or plank wear?

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    It was luck, and not merit Tinkerbell. How far back was Charles at the 40 lap mark despite two safety cars? He was basically leading the midfield. If not for the safety cars Charles would have been a full minute behind at the line.

Stop pretending like this result is indicative of performance. Are you really that simple?
    Charles was P3, cry about it if you want.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    It was luck, and not merit Tinkerbell. How far back was Charles at the 40 lap mark despite two safety cars? He was basically leading the midfield. If not for the safety cars Charles would have been a full minute behind at the line.

Stop pretending like this result is indicative of performance. Are you really that simple?
    Charles was P3, cry about it if you want.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De La Mar View Post
    Again, not an issue. Have a read yourself, page 36. I can’t find a section for it. The race director could have black-flagged him if it wasn’t the last lap, but it was.

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...2020-07-29.pdf

A quick google suggests that this has precedence with Fittipaldi in ‘72.
    LOL using something from 1972 is maybe stretching things somewhat to defend it.......
    Forza Ferrari

Wasn’t using it to defend it, as it doesn’t need defending, but thought it an interesting discussion point. I also see Schumacher won with damaged suspension at Imola.

How long does Parc Fermè take?

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    1 Hamilton GBR Mercedes 88
    2 Bottas FIN Mercedes 58
    3 Verstappen NED Red Bull Racing Honda 52
    4 Norris GBR McLaren Renault 36
    5 Leclerc MON Ferrari 33
    6 Albon THA Red Bull Racing Honda 26
    7 Perez MEX Racing Point BWT Mercedes 22
    8 Stroll CAN Racing Point BWT Mercedes 20
    9 Ricciardo AUS Renault 20
    10 Sainz ESP McLaren Renault 15
    11 Ocon FRA Renault 12
    12 Gasly FRA AlphaTauri Honda 12
    13 Vettel GER Ferrari 10
    14 Giovinazzi ITA Alfa Romeo Racing Ferrari 2
    15 Kvyat RUS AlphaTauri Honda 1
    16 Magnussen DEN Haas Ferrari 1
    17 Latifi CAN Williams Mercedes 0
    18 Räikkönen FIN Alfa Romeo Racing Ferrari 0
    19 Russell GBR Williams Mercedes 0
    20 Grosjean FRA Haas Ferrari 0
    suprised Norris is above charles

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    suprised Norris is above charles
    Charles killing himself and Seb helps that Norris is doing very well also though.
    Forza Ferrari

Remember that the top 3 waited one more lap to pit under the SC. If they had pitted on the same lap as the others? Would Mercs failures have happened earlier and what could have happened?
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Car is really slow. I think our tyre wear is terrible too. Ricciardo almost caught Leclerc.

So status quo I guess, no investigation on golden boy. Surprised Horner didn’t raise a stink...he could get Verstappen a win.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

1 Mercedes 146
    2 Red Bull Racing Honda 78
    3 McLaren Renault 51
    4 Ferrari 43
    5 Racing Point BWT Mercedes 42
    6 Renault 32
    7 AlphaTauri Honda 13
    8 Alfa Romeo Racing Ferrari 2
    9 Haas Ferrari 1
    10 Williams Mercedes 0

Great to see Leclerc scoring another podium, so glad that Ferrari gave him a try last year.

Congratulations to Leclerc, another near miraculous podium.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Like I have said before I do not rate Hamilton put him in another car that sook. Charles would wipe the floor with that guy in the same team.The best f1 driver on the grid currently is Charles fast good looks has it all.FIA will dump Hamilton f1 has it's poster boy, and he needs no chains around his neck.
    Even my girlfriend said 'oh wow, he is handsome!' when I pointed out Leclerc as the new Ferrari driver.

He has got it all, definitely great poster boy for the sport.
    Last edited by JPZ; 2nd August 2020 at 17:27.

Well, that was both predictable and boring.. until the wheels fell off both Mercs!

1) Sadly, as ever, Saint Lewis of Shamilton (PBUH) gets the rub of the green and wins.

2) Our car is pretty bl**dy awful and despite our £££ and resources we are now AT BEST the 4th best team behind Mercs, RBR and the McMowers. The pink Mercs are a flash in the pan, IMHO.

3) LEC is a top lad. SCs etc, blah, blah but he still finished 3rd in a clown car! Must be having second thoughts about that 5-year contract!

4) VET doesn't give a **** any more. Fact. The team did not behave professionally when getting rid of him so not that surprised.

I'll always support the Ferrari F1 team, as I have since 1979, but as an organisation, it could not currently, as we say, 'organise a ***-up in a brewery'..

Sad days.
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Remember that the top 3 waited one more lap to pit under the SC. If they had pitted on the same lap as the others? Would Mercs failures have happened earlier and what could have happened?
    It is not conclusive if it is tyre wear or debris from Kimi

Charles did the very best that could be expected from the cards he was dealt (the car/team), the circumstances encountered during the race and the luck that came his way (if there is such a thing as luck?). Hamilton and Verstappen did better. We have an excellent driver but we need better cards!
    Last edited by Liscia; 2nd August 2020 at 17:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Well, that was both predictable and boring.. until the wheels fell off both Mercs!

1) Sadly, as ever, Saint Lewis of Shamilton (PBUH) gets the rub of the green and wins.

2) Our car is pretty bl**dy awful and despite our £££ and resources we are now AT BEST the 4th best team behind Mercs, RBR and the McMowers. The pink Mercs are a flash in the pan, IMHO.

3) LEC is a top lad. SCs etc, blah, blah but he still finished 3rd in a clown car! Must be having second thoughts about that 5-year contract!

4) VET doesn't give a **** any more. Fact. The team did not behave professionally when getting rid of him so not that surprised.

I'll always support the Ferrari F1 team, as I have since 1979, but as an organisation, it could not currently, as we say, 'organise a ***-up in a brewery'..

Sad days.
    Couldn't have put it better myself, and I'd add that Charles is more than a top lad but also our saviour from total embarrassment so far this season.

Sad days.
    Well put and I agree on all points though I've been a Ferrari fan since 1953 - I was 8 years old when Ascari had his stellar year!

Sad days.
    Agree with all this.

No mention of tyres in the post-race scruntineer report.

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...utineering.pdf

Leclerc was very competitive in sector 1 and average in sector 3, but he lost an awful amount of time in sector 2. Even the Mclarens and Renaults were faster cars than Ferrari in sector 2. And looking at Ferrari's RW (and all Ferrari powered cars) compared to other cars, it wasn't surprising.

I think aero wise, Ferrari made a step forward. But the engine is so much down on power, they can't do anything but to shed downforce from the car, which is also reducing tyre performance during the race.

I have never liked the point for fastest lap. Not only does it manufacture a super fast lap time that is unrepresentative to actual race pace, it takes away from potential on track racing. I couldn't believe Red Bull pitted Max with 2 laps to go when they knew Hamilton had tire issues and Bottas just had a failure. Even if Max had his own issues, they should have kept him out and gone for the win.

Leclerc is probably driver of the day. Unfortunately completely low key, and in a car that is abysmal, but somehow held 4th for most of the race, and lucked into a podium.

What a shame for Nico Hulkemburg. I was looking forward to seeing him race. Very strange that an F1 team can't start their own car on race day.

Should Lewis have driven the car on a flat tire? 100% yes. I've always seen cars drive to the pits even with tires shooting bits of rubber and carbon all of the track. It's shocking the tire didn't do any damage to the Merc. Even Carlos' tire deflation looked to be damaging.

Seb the easiest 40 million he will ever earn no pressure no care no stress just easy cash basically to have fun and report problems how good is that.Ferrari could have raffles his seat off.He should have been paid out not a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Seb the easiest 40 million he will ever earn no pressure no care no stress just easy cash basically to have fun and report problems how good is that.Ferrari could have raffles his seat off.He should have been paid out not a good look.
    like I said, bosses are doing bad business, also Binotto did try to make some kind of joke when Seb was fired, not a gentleman either this Binotto I have to say

Lewis wins driving home on 3 tires! He for sure wanted those points to get safely ahead of the other Merc . Ferrari gets a podium!! Charles got every ounce of good out of his car! Max has to be in shock that Lewis won on 3 tires!
    Last edited by Brembo; 3rd August 2020 at 03:22.

Fairly entertaining race. Silverstone always has some sort of drama. Of course nothing compared to last years race, but the midfield fights were fun to watch and the last couple of laps was terrific.
    Lewis is a seriously lucky man. Not to take away any credit from him, but that was a huge serving of luck of when and where he got his tyre failure. Max pitting before that. Anyways, looking like a record equaling 7 titles for LH by end of this season.
    LEC once again making the most of our package. That kid is amazing. So glad we have him in our team.
    Seb vettel should ideally sit it out rest of the season. Even a reserve driver can get the results he is getting right now. I dont blame him as such, i can imagine he has no motivation to fight anymore. not at Ferrari at least.
    Silently, like a shadow

It wasn't entertaining for me. Only the latest few laps were interesting because of the punctures. Just a packed midfield because Grosjean slowed down everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    It wasn't entertaining for me. Only the latest few laps were interesting because of the punctures. Just a packed midfield because Grosjean slowed down everyone.
    Absolutely