Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Emirates Formula 1 70th Anniversary Grand Prix 2020 Snooze-fest, Sorry "Race"

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    He will beat Max, if given right machine & I’m sure he’s eagerly waiting
    These guys are the next generation of champions, I hope we can see a straight fight between Max and Charles in 2022

We can only hope Ferrari will find their way back to the front in that new regulation era.

1 Mercedes 180
    2 Red Bull Racing Honda 113
    3 Ferrari 55
    4 McLaren Renault 53
    5 Racing Point BWT Mercedes 41
    6 Renault 36
    7 AlphaTauri Honda 14
    8 Alfa Romeo Racing Ferrari 2
    9 Haas Ferrari 1
    10 Williams Mercedes 0

Did Racing Point have tyre issues?

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Should Ferrari and Seb just part ways now? It seems to me that the relationship has completely broken down and is becoming toxic.
    Depends on whether McLaren would be prepared to release Sainz or not. Absolutely no point if they aren't.

Article 15 Paragraph 20 sub-article C of the rules.

If a British driver exceeds pit lane entry speed, that driver will not be penalized or investigated.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Should Ferrari and Seb just part ways now? It seems to me that the relationship has completely broken down and is becoming toxic.
    It’s better for vettel & ferrari to separate. Both are not going well.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

If a British driver exceeds pit lane entry speed, that driver will not be penalized or investigated.
    How do you know he was exceeding the speed limit? Locking up tyres isn’t speeding evidence.

Maybe Ferrari and Red Bull can combine their power and lobby to have higher PSI tyres a step softer at all the remaining races? They are all starting to finally gang up on Merc business with the Tracing Point situation and Concorde agreement. Haas even questioned Mercs roll in Tracing Point cheating. Merc will still win this year and next but cranking up the pressure politically on them leading into 2022 will be very useful.

1 Hamilton GBR Mercedes 107
    2 Verstappen NED Red Bull Racing Honda 77
    3 Bottas FIN Mercedes 73
    4 Leclerc MON Ferrari 45
    5 Norris GBR McLaren Renault 38
    6 Albon THA Red Bull Racing Honda 36
    7 Stroll CAN Racing Point BWT Mercedes 28
    8 Perez MEX Racing Point BWT Mercedes 22
    9 Ricciardo AUS Renault 20
    10 Ocon FRA Renault 16
    11 Sainz ESP McLaren Renault 15
    12 Gasly FRA AlphaTauri Honda 12
    13 Vettel GER Ferrari 10
    14 Hulkenberg GER Racing Point BWT Mercedes 6
    15 Giovinazzi ITA Alfa Romeo Racing Ferrari 2
    16 Kvyat RUS AlphaTauri Honda 2
    17 Magnussen DEN Haas Ferrari 1
    18 Räikkönen FIN Alfa Romeo Racing Ferrari 0
    19 Latifi CAN Williams Mercedes 0
    20 Russell GBR Williams Mercedes 0
    21 Grosjean FRA Haas Ferrari 0

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    These guys are the next generation of champions, I hope we can see a straight fight between Max and Charles in 2022

We can only hope Ferrari will find their way back to the front in that new regulation era.
    Yup.... I absolutely hate max due his behaviour. But I never had a doubt on his driving skills. He learned from his mistakes & made himself to this position. But for me Leclerc is more talented than Max.

Leclerc is reminding me of Alonso-ferrari era. Where Alonso did everything to drag the car into the points.
    Where as RB had always the 2nd Or 3rd best chassis advantage on the grid.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De La Mar View Post
    How do you know he was exceeding the speed limit? Locking up tyres isn’t speeding evidence.
    Lewis locked up the tires PAST the pit lane entry line.....possibly speeding.

If it’s pit lane issue, then there will time penalty for Ham. But it doesn’t matter

Lewis locked up the tires PAST the pit lane entry line.
    Yup even on merc radio, he was worried about that.

Lewis locked up the tires PAST the pit lane entry line.....possibly speeding.
    Again, locked tyres isn’t proof of speeding.

Again, locked tyres isn’t proof of speeding.
    Well, Lewis was worried about it.

Yes pay him out and park the car.Seb is lost and has become an anchor on Ferraris neck.Charles as I have said before with the right car would beat 3 chains comfortably well done to max the axe.Mercedes can leave f1 the poster boy are Charles and max .

Well, Lewis was worried about it.
    As would any of us be. But, it seems he was travelling at less than 80kph as he slid over the speed limit line with locked tyres. A driver doesn’t telepathically know exactly the car’s speed at all times.

As would any of us be. But, it seems he was travelling at less than 80kph as he slid over the speed limit line with locked tyres. A driver doesn’t telepathically know exactly the car’s speed at all times.
    Will you appear every race Sunday to defend your driver?
    Forza Ferrari

No-1 Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Will you appear every race Sunday to defend your driver?
    Just taking a pragmatic view on some topics based on facts, not blind faith and fanboyism. For balance I call out ******** wherever it lies, Hamilton included.

Great drives by Max and Charles. Wonderful management of these tires. Merc tires looked awful no matter what compound was on them.

I enjoy this forum a lot, I've been here now 13+ (?!) years but I must say, the anti-Lewis posts sure do sound a lot like what others who were against Michael sounded like back in the Brawn/Michael/Todt era of dominance.

Ferrari is better because Ferrari has been there and will get there again. When you take advantage of the regulations and build the best car, be it hybrid engines, diffusers or taking advantage of your relationship with a tire manufacturer like we did with Bridgestone, the best package wins. They've been the best.

Name calling is childish and makes us no better than those who hated on Michael in his era.

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Depends on whether McLaren would be prepared to release Sainz or not. Absolutely no point if they aren't.
    Hulk?

“it’s a bylaw!”

Ha ha this is Best post of this gp.
    At last after so many days I am looking Toto wolf unhappy face.
    Congra8 orange wave.

Quote Originally Posted by h3ro View Post
    Great drives by Max and Charles. Wonderful management of these tires. Merc tires looked awful no matter what compound was on them.

I enjoy this forum a lot, I've been here now 13+ (?!) years but I must say, the anti-Lewis posts sure do sound a lot like what others who were against Michael sounded like back in the Brawn/Michael/Todt era of dominance.

Ferrari is better because Ferrari has been there and will get there again. When you take advantage of the regulations and build the best car, be it hybrid engines, diffusers or taking advantage of your relationship with a tire manufacturer like we did with Bridgestone, the best package wins. They've been the best.

Name calling is childish and makes us no better than those who hated on Michael in his era.
    100% agree everyone said the same things about Ferrari back in the early 2000's. FIA - Ferrari International Assistance use to be a common thing thrown around. Let's not be sore losers. They have been for the most part utterly brilliant in staying ahead of the competition via development, engine and chassis design.

Good drive by Charles. Out performing the car. Bit like Alonso used to do.

Anyway, cannt see the return of these tyres in these hot conditions again this year. Think certain team and driver will throw toys out pram saying be unsafe. We havent seen these tyre deg from mercs for couple years before. Funny enough, pirelli changed to harder compounds all round. Shows, rhey gor high df loads and cannt control the sofer compounds deg rate.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Amazing drive by Charles! It’s a shame we don’t have a more competitive car. Sen the usual self again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P4 for Charles was way more amazing then last week's podium. It was on pure pace and tire management something that in the start of the race was looking so unpromising!!!!!!!!! Unother good thing is that Merc/Lewis didnt win but to tell you the truth I'm not happy either that Max won. I really don't like him and for me he is Charles "mortal " enemy ( they are from their kart"s years) and I really really looking forward for our team to give Charles a decent car so he can destroy Max !!!!!! Foe me he proved it last year in Sylvester where Max on a way faster car simply couldn't overtake him and even when in a couple of corners max overtook him ,Charles managed to stay beside him and retook his spot !!!!!!!!!!! That for me was a masterclass of driving!!!!!!
    As for Vettel , although I clearly see that Charles is better and that the team have put him clearly in No1 , I feel bad for the whole situation from the announcement that we don't sign him onwards. For sure he is making many mistakes (he has started from mid 2018s) and he don't make it easy for the team,BUT again there are moments that the team has let him down too.I dont see it end well and I feel very very sad for that because for some year we/I believed in him and he was looking he truly believed and loved our team !!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Great drive by Charles!!
    His performances are increasingly becoming Alonso-esque. Oh for a better car under him.

Was so happy to see Max win. I think Pirelli needs to bring these tyres for every race from here on. Thats the only way to neutralize the Mercs massive advantage.
    Silently, like a shadow

Did Seb accuse the team of "messing it up"?? Not sure they gave him a bad strategy at all. Plus he is the one who spun all by himself (its now called doing a vettel)
    Its getting increasingly uncomfortable, the situation between SV and the team. He's starting to publicly criticize the team. Its best they let him go.

Am pretty sure Hulk can drive for us for the rest of the year. Maybe even stoffel. or Button.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Did Seb accuse the team of "messing it up"?? Not sure they gave him a bad strategy at all. Plus he is the one who spun all by himself (its now called doing a vettel)
    Its getting increasingly uncomfortable, the situation between SV and the team. He's starting to publicly criticize the team. Its best they let him go.

Am pretty sure Hulk can drive for us for the rest of the year. Maybe even stoffel. or Button.
    No, Seb said over radio, i know i messed up im sorry.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE