Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Emirates Formula 1 70th Anniversary Grand Prix 2020 Snooze-fest, Sorry "Race"

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Great drive by Charles!!
    His performances are increasingly becoming Alonso-esque. Oh for a better car under him.

Was so happy to see Max win. I think Pirelli needs to bring these shitty tyres for every race from here on. Thats the only way to neutralize the Mercs massive advantage.
    Merc, usually, only make the same mistake once. If Pirelli do the same thing again, somehow, by some miracle, Merc would have figured it out by then.

Did Seb accuse the team of "messing it up"?? Not sure they gave him a bad strategy at all. Plus he is the one who spun all by himself (its now called doing a vettel)
    Its getting increasingly uncomfortable, the situation between SV and the team. He's starting to publicly criticize the team. Its best they let him go.

Am pretty sure Hulk can drive for us for the rest of the year. Maybe even stoffel. or Button.

Seb is frustrated because he is being outclassed by Leclerc and mentally he has to blame the team for anything not going is way. Very sad situation with Vettel.
    Leclerc style of driving is making the SF1000 look better than it is. Vettel needs a perfect car to perform while Leclerc adapt better to a lower downforce car.

FIA stewards after the race: "The front & rear brake duct assemblies used by RacingPointF1 during qualifying sessions & race of #F170 appear to be the same as the ones used during #StyrianGP, #HungarianGP & #BritishGP."

So the #FIA stewards therefore find that RacingPointF1 is in breach of appendix 6 of sporting regulations and order a reprimand for the team, operating car 18 & 27
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Great race again by Charles and another dud from Sebastian-oh for his (and our) agony to end! Glad to see Verstappen take one away from Mercedes! He seems to be on the road to being more sober and mature.

Quote Originally Posted by h3ro View Post
    Great drives by Max and Charles. Wonderful management of these tires. Merc tires looked awful no matter what compound was on them.

I enjoy this forum a lot, I've been here now 13+ (?!) years but I must say, the anti-Lewis posts sure do sound a lot like what others who were against Michael sounded like back in the Brawn/Michael/Todt era of dominance.

Ferrari is better because Ferrari has been there and will get there again. When you take advantage of the regulations and build the best car, be it hybrid engines, diffusers or taking advantage of your relationship with a tire manufacturer like we did with Bridgestone, the best package wins. They've been the best.

Name calling is childish and makes us no better than those who hated on Michael in his era.
    Well said.
    Trying to be less angry..

Sure it won't happen but releasing VET and putting HUL in the car for the rest of the season might be an idea.

Trouble is, might make team regret signing SAI!
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Sure it won't happen but releasing VET and putting HUL in the car for the rest of the season might be an idea.

Trouble is, might make team regret signing SAI!
    Maybe both Ferrari and Sainz regretting the deal, who knows

Vettel:

We talked exactly about this situation, that if it happens, we don't do what we did at the end. That was frustrating. I had enough speed to stay out. The guys that were infront of me after my pit stop were doing the exact same lap times that I did with older tyres.

Vettel to RTL:

Maybe we did not have the courage to let it come to Charles overtaking me, although he was on a different strategy and we prefered to rather pit me to avoid that.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Vettel to RTL:
    As much as I respect Seb (and I do really respect him as a driver and as a person) this is an egotistical statement. If they would left them as he's saying, he wouldn't deliberately have held Charges by fighting him .He would not just let Charles pass because to him right now is just to bit Lec and then have a good result. And I remember that he was in the same situation but reversed with Kimi,he was moaning to the team to not clear the road in front of him (by pitting Kimi or telling him to move so he could pass) and then I also thought he was right!!!!
    So now telling such things, is a faul for me.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

As I said before the race, I was out having great time with my daughters, and didn't watch the race. Just read the result, and I don't regret at all for not watching it! Spending day with kids is priceless and watching this that used to be once great sport called Formula 1 is just a waste of time. Any way, glad that definitely it is not going to be Mercedes win all races this season. Another bleak result by Ferrari. Sorry if I am raining on your parade, but 4th place in my books is not a great result, especially for Ferrari. Before you said giving the package they have this year it is great, yes, but they should have known better and build much more better package to be able to challenge for wins and titles. I know Ferrari has a great driver in CL, but he and anyone other can not perform miracles, if he doesn't not have great car! I hope Ferrari will not ruin his career as they did with Jean Alesi.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    As I said before the race, I was out having great time with my daughters, and didn't watch the race. Just read the result, and I don't regret at all for not watching it! Spending day with kids is priceless and watching this that used to be once great sport called Formula 1 is just a waste of time. Any way, glad that definitely it is not going to be Mercedes win all races this season. Another bleak result by Ferrari. Sorry if I am raining on your parade, but 4th place in my books is not a great result, especially for Ferrari. Before you said giving the package they have this year it is great, yes, but they should have known better and build much more better package to be able to challenge for wins and titles. I know Ferrari has a great driver in CL, but he and anyone other can not perform miracles, if he doesn't not have great car! I hope Ferrari will not ruin his career as they did with Jean Alesi.
    Yeah, you did say ‘MARK MY WORDS’ and I did promise to come back to you :)

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Yeah, you did say ‘MARK MY WORDS’ and I did promise to come back to you :)

This race had to be orchestrated by FIA. Fans and media alike were tired of Mercedes destroying the field and this race was an appeasement to them. The fast lap today was nearly 1.5 seconds slower than last week. How can anyone call this racing? It looked like a bunch of rich guys driving at one of the many race schools. Everyone being careful with the tires and not pushing too hard.

Yes, I’m glad LH didn’t win, but this race was an embarrassment to we fans. The FIA thinks so little of us that they would create ridiculous parameters that slow down the cars just to shake up the results. That is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    These guys are the next generation of champions...
    I'd add Norris and Russell to that list. Those four are the future.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Great drives by Max and Charles. Wonderful management of these tires. Merc tires looked awful no matter what compound was on them.

I enjoy this forum a lot, I've been here now 13+ (?!) years but I must say, the anti-Lewis posts sure do sound a lot like what others who were against Michael sounded like back in the Brawn/Michael/Todt era of dominance.

Ferrari is better because Ferrari has been there and will get there again. When you take advantage of the regulations and build the best car, be it hybrid engines, diffusers or taking advantage of your relationship with a tire manufacturer like we did with Bridgestone, the best package wins. They've been the best.

Name calling is childish and makes us no better than those who hated on Michael in his era.
    The way they stole the 2017 and 2018 titles colluding with the FIA, I'll never forgive them for and thus I say kind things on here in comparison to what I call them in private. In the very least the 2018 WCC was flat-out stolen. No chance we'd lost that one without the Mercedes/FIA shenanigans.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 9th August 2020 at 18:07.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hajj View Post
    This race had to be orchestrated by FIA. Fans and media alike were tired of Mercedes destroying the field and this race was an appeasement to them. The fast lap today was nearly 1.5 seconds slower than last week. How can anyone call this racing? It looked like a bunch of rich guys driving at one of the many race schools. Everyone being careful with the tires and not pushing too hard.

Yes, I’m glad LH didn’t win, but this race was an embarrassment to we fans. The FIA thinks so little of us that they would create ridiculous parameters that slow down the cars just to shake up the results. That is pathetic.
    Today was like 7°C warmer in the air or whatever + pre-determined to be a softer compound. The result is obvious, but just because Mercedes have designed a car too aggressive on the tyres, they only have themselves to blame. They got Austria-d like we did last year there.

... I must say, the anti-Lewis posts sure do sound a lot like what others who were against Michael sounded like back in the Brawn/Michael/Todt era of dominance...
    I couldn't agree more. The anti-Lewis commentary on here is really distasteful and disappointing.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Did Seb accuse the team of "messing it up"?? Not sure they gave him a bad strategy at all. Plus he is the one who spun all by himself (its now called doing a vettel)
    Its getting increasingly uncomfortable, the situation between SV and the team. He's starting to publicly criticize the team. Its best they let him go.

Am pretty sure Hulk can drive for us for the rest of the year. Maybe even stoffel. or Button.
    Well they screwed him over. I think he is handeling it pretty well actually. I would be way less polite. I love Ferrari, but they really did Vettel dirty.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Did Seb accuse the team of "messing it up"??
    Yes he did! He complained about rejoining just behind a McLaren and at the end of his rant he said, "I'll hang in here but just know that you messed up."
    It's a pity the bosses in the Ferrari garage don't have the courage to put him in his place. I find that offensive and I think it should not be accepted. But drivers are the bosses these days, sadly.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    As I said before the race, I was out having great time with my daughters, and didn't watch the race. Just read the result, and I don't regret at all for not watching it! Spending day with kids is priceless and watching this that used to be once great sport called Formula 1 is just a waste of time...
    It's a good thing you didn't regret your decision. I for one didn't regret my decision to watch the race. I quite enjoyed
    it.
    What I also don't get is why people come onto a race forum to tell us that they won't watch the race because it's boring, or who come to say they didn't watch the race because it's a waste of time. I genuinely don't understand this behaviour. Like, surely then writing about the race and discussing it is just as much a waste of time, no?

I only turned on once I realised the fraudster was set to lose, because it's always too funny to miss. I postponed my bike ride by several hours just to see the trash get spanked Since that also gave me perfect ambient conditions for a personal 50 km record of 1 h 51 mins riding alone (on a half-racer not a proper one and a circuit, so plenty of headwind) I'll have to thank Max for that!

While tire management can be boring, the softer tires definitely added some drama and I'll take that.

Max deserved driver of the day, but Leclerc was right there too. Another stunning drive.

Bottas got screwed by his own team. #2 driver for sure.

Hulk having to pit was a shame. They say for vibration, but who knows if it wasn't just to get Stroll ahead as he will be driving every race this season and Hulk is just a fill in driver.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    While tire management can be boring, the softer tires definitely added some drama and I'll take that.

Max deserved driver of the day, but Leclerc was right there too. Another stunning drive.

Bottas got screwed by his own team. #2 driver for sure.

Hulk having to pit was a shame. They say for vibration, but who knows if it wasn't just to get Stroll ahead as he will be driving every race this season and Hulk is just a fill in driver.
    Max is not the driver of the day for me. Leclerc getting that into 4th position with that car is some achievement.
    Max had the pace in his car, if not Mercs issues. He would be no where but finish 3rd...
    But Leclerc managed his pace in the first stint was great.
    Pitty that vettel too had the pace, but to benefit Charles there should be something to happen & it was vettel pit stop.

I expected the radio outrage from vettel, but it as it is. First it was himself to blame & later the team, both time wasted New set Hard tyres which was the fastest tyre in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Well they screwed him over. I think he is handeling it pretty well actually. I would be way less polite. I love Ferrari, but they really did Vettel dirty.
    He did himself a Vettel once he spinned in classic vettel fashion and after that it was damage limitation.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    He did himself a Vettel once he spinned in classic vettel fashion and after that it was damage limitation.

It was like Kimi-Alonso 2014, Alonso’s final year with Ferrari. Alonso was fighting with Kimi on track where Kimi was not letting him pass by easily.
    It was like Kimi-Vettel 2018, team didn’t order Kimi to move away where vettel was fastest on track on new set of Soft tyres.
    Kimi didn’t stop yet.

So team thought, vettel will not let Charles pass by as he’s leaving ferrari & fighting on track with Cars ahead.
    In order to avoid such situation, team called vettel into pits. It was cheeky, but yes Charles is the focus for Ferrari.
    Hope they don’t ruin his career.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It was like Kimi-Alonso 2014, Alonso’s final year with Ferrari. Alonso was fighting with Kimi on track where Kimi was not letting him pass by easily.
    It was like Kimi-Vettel 2018, team didn’t order Kimi to move away where vettel was fastest on track on new set of Soft tyres.
    Kimi didn’t stop yet.

So team thought, vettel will not let Charles pass by as he’s leaving ferrari & fighting on track with Cars ahead.
    In order to avoid such situation, team called vettel into pits. It was cheeky, but yes Charles is the focus for Ferrari.
    Hope they don’t ruin his career.
    E X A C T L Y !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    Seb is frustrated because he is being outclassed by Leclerc and mentally he has to blame the team for anything not going is way. Very sad situation with Vettel.
    Leclerc style of driving is making the SF1000 look better than it is. Vettel needs a perfect car to perform while Leclerc adapt better to a lower downforce car.
    I beg to differ. Driver can only do what car is capable of, good drivers just get closer to what the car can do. LeClerc is showing what this car can do Vettel is just very poor at the moment. You could put me in the Merc, qualify 20 seconds off 19th place and say that's what the Merc is capable of in reality.

Ruin his career how? He has signed to racing point lol

"If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Max is not the driver of the day for me. Leclerc getting that into 4th position with that car is some achievement.
    Max had the pace in his car, if not Mercs issues. He would be no where but finish 3rd...
    But Leclerc managed his pace in the first stint was great.
    Pitty that vettel too had the pace, but to benefit Charles there should be something to happen & it was vettel pit stop.

I expected the radio outrage from vettel, but it as it is. First it was himself to blame & later the team, both time wasted New set Hard tyres which was the fastest tyre in the race.
    This drive today by Leclerc was so very special. I think it's been lost somewhat with Max Verstappens great drive and Hulkenberg fanboys but this drive was simply genius. Low downforce setup on a car that does not have as much downforce as a few others should have eaten tyres yet did a one stop and had pace to stretch the lead over last years Mercs that were on fresher tyres. Have heard someone somewhere say if had got a better start and was not boxed behind Norris in the 1st stint he may have challenged Bottas. To mix things up I am hoping for softer tyres at high PSI for rest of the year.