Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SpanishGP 2020: Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Charles P9. that was our maximum.

But I'm confident of Charles's race pace, it's better than the likes of Albon and Mclarens, maybe TP as well.
    Better than the Mclarens for sure. Maybe even TP. But not Albon. He is much better in the race than at quali.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    ---BREAKING NEWS---
    Hamilton is not going to get new contract, Mercs will hire Seb for next year, and after that they will quit. Hamilton made big mistakes with this BLM thing and also Mercs want to show that it is not the driver, it is the car.
    Is this your wishful thinking?
    And what has BLM got to do with this?
    Seb is getting hammered by his teammate. I doubt Merc want to hire him in place of LH.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    He literally has said Lewis will be fine without him around.
    The thing that Mercedes was pushing to put in the new Concorde agreement was that they want to avoid a fine if they leave before the 5 years.
    In short they don't wanna commit.

So Toto apparently feels it's time to go elsewhere (ie. Trashing Point)
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Certainly not to you, and it's not that surprising either.
    So you are going to be happy to see Ferrari “only” 1.2 seconds behind instead of 1.7 seconds? Not because Ferrari gained performance but because others were artificially handicapped? That’s considered an achievement for you? That will make you celebrate? Celebrate mediocrity?

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Spanish GP could be Vettel's last race with Ferrari. Kimi Raikkonen or Nico Hulkenberg will replace Vettel in Belgian Grand Prix if these rumors are true.
    That would be a relief. Maybe we will start getting points from the second car then.
    BTW- source of rumour?
    Silently, like a shadow

Ferrari are now at rock bottom. The only way now is up a little at a time the pain and dissapoinment of now must act as the motivation for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari are now at rock bottom. The only way now is up a little at a time the pain and dissapoinment of now must act as the motivation for tomorrow.
    Maybe, but there is still a lot of cliff for them to fall down. Remember, they agreed to an engine freeze which effectively kneecaps them for the next year and a half.

The true bottom is 15th and 16th, just ahead of the other two teams with Ferrari engines.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    So you are going to be happy to see Ferrari “only” 1.2 seconds behind instead of 1.7 seconds? Not because Ferrari gained performance but because others were artificially handicapped? That’s considered an achievement for you? That will make you celebrate? Celebrate mediocrity?
    Who said anything about 1.2 seconds? I don't really know how much Mercedes would lose or how much Ferrari would gain.
    According to Vettel, we don't have any party mode, and according to Binotto, we are giving away 7 tenths because of the PU. So an improvement of at least 5-7 tenths is huge without adding anything on the car. But not to you of course.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Thank you! Mercedes weren't lying when they said we were half a second faster down the straights huh lol

Honestly though i don't know whether i feel better or worse looking at those times...the real kicker here is no matter what we try we aren't going to get that kind of performance back over the next 18 months and that really hurts
    I wouldn't write off next years engine just yet. Look at the jump Ferrari had made from 2017 to 2018, or Mercedes have made from last year to this year. And look at where Honda and Renault are right now, compared to where they were last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    That would be a relief. Maybe we will start getting points from the second car then.
    BTW- source of rumour?
    Don’t know why you are so much negative of vettel ...!! He’s still with Ferrari

Below are 2019 stats:

Sebs Quali Stats 2019

Average gap to team mate:
    Seb +0.07s

Average place qualified in 2019:
    Seb 4.29
    Charles 4.43

Yes he can be overrated driver, but not where the gap to his team mate is over .4-7ths.

Something fundamentally wrong on both sides. Anyways my opinion doesn’t change your thinking too
    Just a note.

Charles P9. that was our maximum.

But I'm confident of Charles's race pace, it's better than the likes of Albon and Mclarens, maybe TP as well.
    I'd like to think that's true regarding race pace, but what always worries me more is what happens on the opening lap, especially with Seb lining up behind Charles and just being in the middle of the pack is a recipe for things to go wrong, and if it happens the race pace is immaterial. The others all around us have more power, even the Alpha Tauri has been quicker than us in recent races, this is becoming a nightmare for a tifoso.

Who said anything about 1.2 seconds? I don't really know how much Mercedes would lose or how much Ferrari would gain.
    According to Vettel, we don't have any party mode, and according to Binotto, we are giving away 7 tenths because of the PU. So an improvement of at least 5-7 tenths is huge without adding anything on the car. But not to you of course.
    Actually it is not upgrade, to be fair it is forced downgrade on Mercedes!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Can we expect the Merc engine to now get the same sort of treatment as last year's Ferrari? If I have to watch Hamilton stroll to another pole/win, I swear I will smash the TV in frustration, so let's hope their party mode will be banned forthwith for my own sanity!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Can we expect the Merc engine to now get the same sort of treatment as last year's Ferrari? If I have to watch Hamilton stroll to another pole/win, I swear I will smash the TV in frustration, so let's hope their party mode will be banned forthwith for my own sanity!
    but I still feel .... party mode ban will not stop Lewis taking the pole.
    Mercs has far superior car.... it’s only the team which has Top DF + Engine.
    It’s surprising to me that year by year they are producing huge performance...!!

May be this party mode ban, should bring bottas into play. Somewhere I feel Lewis has some extra mode settings above Bottas wild thought but not sure.

Maybe, but there is still a lot of cliff for them to fall down. Remember, they agreed to an engine freeze which effectively kneecaps them for the next year and a half.

The true bottom is 15th and 16th, just ahead of the other two teams with Ferrari engines.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Don’t know why you are so much negative of vettel ...!! He’s still with Ferrari

Below are 2019 stats:

Sebs Quali Stats 2019

Average gap to team mate:
    Seb +0.07s

Average place qualified in 2019:
    Seb 4.29
    Charles 4.43

Yes he can be overrated driver, but not where the gap to his team mate is over .4-7ths.

Something fundamentally wrong on both sides. Anyways my opinion doesn’t change your thinking too
    Just a note.
    Sorry. Dont care about the stats. The stats also say he is a 4 time champion. blaaah.
    He ruined Ferrari for me. I had even stopped coming to the forum almost and didnt care too much about the team during races either.
    Always thought he was highly overrated. The last few years have proved it.

Only with coming of Charles, that i can fully support Ferrari again. (yeah i know this wont be a popular opinion, but i am driver first and then team kinda supporter )
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I'd like to think that's true regarding race pace, but what always worries me more is what happens on the opening lap, especially with Seb lining up behind Charles and just being in the middle of the pack is a recipe for things to go wrong, and if it happens the race pace is immaterial. The others all around us have more power, even the Alpha Tauri has been quicker than us in recent races, this is becoming a nightmare for a tifoso.
    Of course, there is a big chance of Leclerc not surviving turn 1. But unfortunately, there's nothing he can do about it right now. He can be extra cautious, as he was the previous two occasions. But if Leclerc survives turn 1 and remain unscathed after the first lap, then P4 is on the card here.

And I wouldn't worry too much about engine power during the race trim, Q3 mode is only for quaiy. Looking after tyres is more important. In today's F2, Mick started on hards, but by lap 16, his tyres were pretty much gone. And last year with 21 degree Celsius temperature, we had 2 pit stops. And tomorrow is going to be warmer than last year.

Charles isn't happy with his P9, he says the car gained more understeer as the qualy session progressed. Of course, it's naive to predict the setup of a F1 car without the proper tools and data. But I'd say, Ferrari have gone pretty stiff at the front.

A stiffer front will induce understeer at low fuel, but on high fuel load it will protect the rear tyres, which will improve the race pace. Our cornering speed is certainly better than the likes of Mclarens, TPs. And Albon isn't anything special, so Charles can get P4 tomorrow. But it will require luck and good strategy from Ferrari, and knowing our pit wall, I'm not that confident about tomorrow.

Hi Stormsearcher.....and other old members of course. My thoughts were the same as yours......stopped posting the moment Vettel came. Visisted the forum from time to time to read something and always kept an eye at Ferrari, but Vettel......no no no.
    And indeed, Leclerc is a different kind of driver. A Ferrari hearted passionate but also clever driver. Feel sorry for him Ferrari is not where it belongs now, but if there is a driver who can even keep the passion alive in bad times, it's Charles.
    So, I have started following Ferrari much closer again and also decided to come back to the forum.
    Hope the old guys here will still have me...........
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    You do realize he is joking, right? If they signed Bottas, why wouldn't they sign Hamilton? Why would Wolff want to leave Mercedes? And why would Mercedes want to leave? They are the best team and is winning titles, they are proving that they are the king of motorsports and of engine and chassis. Winner never leaves unless your name is Rosberg.
    Or you sell team like BRAWN
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Hi Stormsearcher.....and other old members of course. My thoughts were the same as yours......stopped posting the moment Vettel came. Visisted the forum from time to time to read something and always kept an eye at Ferrari, but Vettel......no no no.
    And indeed, Leclerc is a different kind of driver. A Ferrari hearted passionate but also clever driver. Feel sorry for him Ferrari is not where it belongs now, but if there is a driver who can even keep the passion alive in bad times, it's Charles.
    So, I have started following Ferrari much closer again and also decided to come back to the forum.
    Hope the old guys here will still have me...........
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    How many people you think would quit posting if Hamilton came to FERRRARI?

On second thought probably be more posts because of the dislike for Hamilton.
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

It’s not an improvement on Ferrari’s part. Artificially slowing someone else down isn’t Ferrari improving its performance.its dumbing someone else down. Ferrari gains nothing, they gain no performance, they just don’t look as bad against Merc.

Even Is Merc is slowed down by .7 today it would still leave Ferrari nearly 1 Second down. That is nothing to celebrate.

It’s a losers mentality.

Looks, we aren’t terrible anymore, we’re just bad. Woo hoo!

No it’s not huge to me. Second best is first loser. Mediocrity is nothing to be celebrated. It’s to be punished and looked down upon.

Imagine if you’re playing hockey and your team suck something awful. Then the NHL says okay, the players on the other teams are only allowed to wear one skate.

That doesn’t make you better.

Oh enjoy, another F1 race to watch dominated by Mercedes where the only question is watch Merc driver finishes #1....boring!

Quote Originally Posted by JPMFerrari View Post
    Oh enjoy, another F1 race to watch dominated by Mercedes where the only question is watch Merc driver finishes #1....boring!
    just thought of something....WE MIGHT ACTUALLY GET LAPPED TOMORROW.....now tha would be bad...

Max for the victory he will keep Mercedes honest, well some body has to.

It’s not an improvement on Ferrari’s part. Artificially slowing someone else down isn’t Ferrari improving its performance.its dumbing someone else down. Ferrari gains nothing, they gain no performance, they just don’t look as bad against Merc.

Even Is Merc is slowed down by .7 today it would still leave Ferrari nearly 1 Second down. That is nothing to celebrate.

It’s a losers mentality.

No it’s not huge to me. Second best is first loser. Mediocrity is nothing to be celebrated. It’s to be punished and looked down upon.
    Unless the ruling body has a suspicion of trickery, then they are just closing a loophole. Merc did the same when we had an engine advantage. They whined and got it detuned. Did they get better by making us slower? Arguably yes because with another 70 hp ferrari could be right up there.

It’s a losers mentality.

Oh well, I'm not really obsessed with the whole "Winner vs Loser" thing, as yourself and some americans are. "Oooh look at me, Ima a Winner baby"...."Look that guy, he's a complete loser LOL".....that's just silly and nonsense, and more suited to school yards or Hollywood movies, not real world.

And I still don't get why you're so upset about it. If it helps Ferrari somehow, then fine, there's no harm in it.

And the reason is quite simple. Mercedes and Red Bull have opened up a pendulum by consistently complaining about Ferrari's engine mode. And after the NDA, the FIA did say that Ferrari will be helping them on closing other loopholes. The current engine mode ban is part of that deal, and I think more to come in the near future.

But I also don't expect Mercedes to lose all of their performance. It will trim their advantage a bit, but that's about it. The one that will get hurt most are TP and Williams.

Whatever you call it. But it is good for Ferrari, and I'm all for it.