Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: SpanishGP 2020: Race

It sums up the current state of our team when we manage to get one car home in P7, and that was thanks to the driver we have been criticising endlessly in recent times. Tyre management, fuel saving, engine freezes, strategy being more important than racing and this is the pinnacle of motorsport? We are wasting a brilliant driver in Charles, we've had Alpha Tauris able to pass us without trying, and Binotto is happy to let this be the status quo until 2022 at the earliest. He needs to grow some ***** and fight our corner. Thanks to Seb managing those softs, we scraped though with 6 measly points. What a carry-on.

Shame for Charles today.
    Solid recovery from Seb to nurse the tires.

What a shambles this current Formula is. Tires, Tires and more Tires. I hate this world of "management phases".

Full marks to Merc for adapting to their car/tire performance to hot temperatures in a span of 5-6 days. Amazing, really.

Takes me back when we had leadership that could galvanize the team to fight like that.

Merc takes finishing a race 2nd and 3rd harder than we take a DNF and 7th.

To bad Charles didn't finish the race, I thought Seb spun again first lol.

Another yawn race good old boring predictable F1 ftw he LM.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

1 Hamilton GBR Mercedes 132
    2 Verstappen NED Red Bull Racing Honda 95
    3 Bottas FIN Mercedes 89
    4 Leclerc MON Ferrari 45
    5 Stroll CAN Racing Point BWT Mercedes 40
    6 Albon THA Red Bull Racing Honda 40
    7 Norris GBR McLaren Renault 39
    8 Perez MEX Racing Point BWT Mercedes 32
    9 Sainz ESP McLaren Renault 23
    10 Ricciardo AUS Renault 20
    11 Vettel GER Ferrari 16
    12 Ocon FRA Renault 16
    13 Gasly FRA AlphaTauri Honda 14
    14 Hulkenberg GER Racing Point BWT Mercedes 6
    15 Giovinazzi ITA Alfa Romeo Racing Ferrari 2
    16 Kvyat RUS AlphaTauri Honda 2
    17 Magnussen DEN Haas Ferrari 1
    18 Räikkönen FIN Alfa Romeo Racing Ferrari 0
    19 Latifi CAN Williams Mercedes 0
    20 Russell GBR Williams Mercedes 0
    21 Grosjean FRA Haas Ferrari 0

1 Mercedes 221
    2 Red Bull Racing Honda 135
    3 Racing Point BWT Mercedes 63
    4 McLaren Renault 62
    5 Ferrari 61
    6 Renault 36
    7 AlphaTauri Honda 16
    8 Alfa Romeo Racing Ferrari 2
    9 Haas Ferrari 1
    10 Williams Mercedes 0

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    1 Mercedes 221
    2 Red Bull Racing Honda 135
    3 Racing Point BWT Mercedes 63
    4 McLaren Renault 62
    5 Ferrari 61
    6 Renault 36
    7 AlphaTauri Honda 16
    8 Alfa Romeo Racing Ferrari 2
    9 Haas Ferrari 1
    10 Williams Mercedes 0
    Enzo Ferrari turning over in his grave.

Ferrari's race strategy is second to none.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIMeEB2nq0c

Bottas is generally very good at the start. Did he just have a bad start, or was he told to protect from cars charging in the draft? I don't think the team wanted to see him drop to p4, but everything about that start was bad. The launch, the car positioning, the aggressiveness, etc.

There sure is a lot of "evidence" that could suggest Ferrari has given up on Vettel. Driving of the day? I don't think so, but man... at least give the dude a fair strategy.

To me the highlight of the weekend was Nico Rosberg. His commentary on Friday was some of the best I've ever listened to. He has called it like it is throughout the weekend and has been very very enlightening and enjoyable.

Bad strategy has been the problem for 2-3 years now. The problem, it seems, that they are simply incapable of thinking outside the box. Ferrari's strategy is just all about plan A or B or C or whatever.

Looking at the lap times, had they pitted Charles 3 laps earlier, he would've easily got ahead of the Ocon train. They need to get rid of Rueda asap.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Bottas is generally very good at the start. Did he just have a bad start, or was he told to protect from cars charging in the draft? I don't think the team wanted to see him drop to p4, but everything about that start was bad. The launch, the car positioning, the aggressiveness, etc.

There sure is a lot of "evidence" that could suggest Ferrari has given up on Vettel. Driving of the day? I don't think so, but man... at least give the dude a fair strategy.

To me the highlight of the weekend was Nico Rosberg. His commentary on Friday was some of the best I've ever listened to. He has called it like it is throughout the weekend and has been very very enlightening and enjoyable.
    Ferrari's team "strategists" are generally bad to begin with, without having to make intentionally worse decisions for Vettel.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Bad strategy has been the problem for 2-3 years now. The problem, it seems, that they are simply incapable of thinking outside the box. Ferrari's strategy is just all about plan A or B or C or whatever.

Looking at the lap times, had they pitted Charles 3 laps earlier, he would've easily got ahead of the Ocon train. They need to get rid of Rueda asap.
    +1. Iñaki Rueda has to go!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    It sums up the current state of our team when we manage to get one car home in P7, and that was thanks to the driver we have been criticising endlessly in recent times. Tyre management, fuel saving, engine freezes, strategy being more important than racing and this is the pinnacle of motorsport? We are wasting a brilliant driver in Charles, we've had Alpha Tauris able to pass us without trying, and Binotto is happy to let this be the status quo until 2022 at the earliest. He needs to grow some ***** and fight our corner. Thanks to Seb managing those softs, we scraped though with 6 measly points. What a carry-on.
    Ferrari is a midfield team now. But unlike other midfield teams, we are simply incapable of maximizing our chances. And it doesn't help the fact that, we have the worst strategy department on the grid.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    It's pathetic that you can't seem to accept there is no magic wand and this will not be fixed this year and probably not next, so repeating your same rubbish race after race is not going to change a thing, suck it up or come back when we are winning.

Or support another team as I said before.
    Nah. I think I’ll keep posting criticism race after race.

They wouldn’t need a magic wand if they themselves didn’t put themselves in this position in the first place. Ferrari’s current form is not stemming from a single mistake, it’s a systemic and prolonged failure of leadership. Despite years of failure, they continue down the same path. They keep stepping on the same rake over and over again.

At this point, I feel a Walmart assistant manager could do a better job that Benotto. At least at Walmart you might get fired if your don’t do your job.

Keep throwing the trash Ferrari talk i love it.Its a positive way of venting anger and frustration besides they deserve it from all barells.So keep them coming they are good for the soul.Ferrari now the laughing stock in Italy and globally.Pretty soon they will make a comic series about the team.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post

They wouldn’t need a magic wand if they themselves didn’t put themselves in this position in the first place. Ferrari’s current form is not stemming from a single mistake, it’s a systemic and prolonged failure of leadership. Despite years of failure, they continue down the same path. They keep stepping on the same rake over and over again.

At this point, I feel a Walmart assistant manager could do a better job that Benotto. At least at Walmart you might get fired if your don’t do your job.
    Don't really know the answer to our problems and there are a lot of times that it has cross my mind that a lot of people has to change.
    BUT then I recall that in the last 10 -12 years the team has change a lot of times ,from the president to project leaders every single position. And when we had a new person in a position that didint give us the title (we had plenty of years with poles-wins and eventualy ending 2nd),we demanded again to change. And then I hear from past employees that the "problem " is something like that!!That starting from us tifosi to the team leaders we always demand to have immediat results and this out a lot pressure to the team . The only time the team dominate was when Todt came and ask a blank check and 3-5 years without anyone interfering and asking to bring results earlier. I know that now we are a lot of years results and not just 3-5 ,but perhaps we all those years with all those chenges in personnel we where demanding immediat results with no precise plan in mind . And changes takes time and effort to be successful!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

What I don't get is how race strategy is messed up so often!? It's not like it was back in the day of refuelling where there had to be thinking behind it. You have the car on the tyre you qualified on you drive around until tyre performance falls off a cliff (usually within a lap or two of what Pirelli say it can do) bring the car in depending on whether you believe under/over cut will work or the position you might slot back in the race, put one of the other compounds Pirelli are supplying on, rejoin the track and drive around for the number of laps the tyre lasts for then pit again if necessary.

Ok that might be over simplifying things, but there are certainly less variables than when you had to plan your fuel strategy as well!

We shall see about that won't we
    Forza Ferrari

If you want exitment and great racing watch the moto gp now those guys have serious balls.No gimmicks no tricks just super talented guys.F1 could take a lesson or 2 from moto gp.I think it leaves the snooze fest of f1 for dead.They leave the so called heroics of 2 chains Hamilton in the gutter.

We should have pitted Charles the moment the first car passed KMag. But no, they had to wait for two more laps so the gap was gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Don't really know the answer to our problems and there are a lot of times that it has cross my mind that a lot of people has to change.
    BUT then I recall that in the last 10 -12 years the team has change a lot of times ,from the president to project leaders every single position. And when we had a new person in a position that didint give us the title (we had plenty of years with poles-wins and eventualy ending 2nd),we demanded again to change. And then I hear from past employees that the "problem " is something like that!!That starting from us tifosi to the team leaders we always demand to have immediat results and this out a lot pressure to the team . The only time the team dominate was when Todt came and ask a blank check and 3-5 years without anyone interfering and asking to bring results earlier. I know that now we are a lot of years results and not just 3-5 ,but perhaps we all those years with all those chenges in personnel we where demanding immediat results with no precise plan in mind . And changes takes time and effort to be successful!!
    Part of the problem is that since Todt, Ferrari appears to have been playing the wrong person(s) in that position.

We shall see about that won't we
    Ooooo a threat.

Part of the problem is that since Todt, Ferrari appears to have been playing the wrong person(s) in that position.

Ooooo a threat.
    U b3tter watch it or you’ll get banned bro...

How are we so sure Vettels strategy was wrong. He was really slow on the mediums and who would have guessed the sorts would last so long? Maybe the fact Ferrari actually made a mid stint strategy change is a good sign that they can think out of the box.

I'm really impressed with how well Leclerc has improved his tire management and race craft in just a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I'm really impressed with how well Leclerc has improved his tire management and race craft in just a year.
    He's really impressive in the F2 races.....that's where he honed his race-craft.

All he needs is a fast car to fght with Lewis and Max.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    He's really impressive in the F2 races.....that's where he honed his race-craft.

All he needs is a fast car to fght with Lewis and Max.
    Hopefully he’ll get that by 2022....as next year the car will pretty much be da same...
    I think Ferrari know they have no chance next season and are putting all the eggs in the 2022 basket when new rules come in

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    How are we so sure Vettels strategy was wrong. He was really slow on the mediums and who would have guessed the sorts would last so long? Maybe the fact Ferrari actually made a mid stint strategy change is a good sign that they can think out of the box.
    It’s not about race strategy of 1st stint. Of course he had horrible pace on Mediums, but everyone thought softs wouldn’t last long & it would have been an advantage instead softs started to perform better.

Vettel’s concern was, before Leclerc was out. He was just managing the tyres, but when he & Leclerc were 5th & 6th. That’s where vettel started to push & when Leclerc was out. He started to use those tyres at maximum
    to close up gap to Perez. Before that he asked the race strategist to keep him informed on the status & what should be done. This where ferrari didn’t respond. After certain laps, team informed him whether can he make this tyres to the end.
    Then he replied in rather different way.

So the point communication is not good. He left frustrated by not being informed of the situation earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Butler is wasting that Mercedes seat. It's quite infuriating tbh. Even Rubens was more of a challenge to Michael.

To spice up the show, F1 needs Max in that second Mercedes.
    oh boy! Merc will implode. LH cannot handle competition within the same team. It'll get nasty in a hurry.
    Silently, like a shadow

Maybe they are happy at Mercedes? Are you suggesting Ferrari is not trying to hire people?
    I am not sure however i read that Andy cowell is leaving Merc and is available,Ferrari should have got him or just get him is what i feel. We need those guys.
    Forza Ferrari Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    We should have pitted Charles the moment the first car passed KMag. But no, they had to wait for two more laps so the gap was gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True, right from the time of Arrivabene, the strategy and pit stops has been a big issue with Ferrari. I still remember when Arrivabene said "Sometimes it is more useful to take your eyes off computers and watch the track, using common sense.”. The strategy team surely was not doing the job and still are not able to deliver.
    Forza Ferrari Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    oh boy! Merc will implode. LH cannot handle competition within the same team. It'll get nasty in a hurry.
    Which is what I want. We've already seen a glimpse of that with Ham-Nico, imagine the fireworks with Ham-Max lineup.