Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 263

Thread: Formula 1 Heineken Grande Prémio De Portugal 2020 - RACE

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Rosberg beaten him.
    Then as all we know Merc wanted No.1 & No.2 drivers not Two No.1 drivers. This protected Lewis.
    Toto who always say they can race each other, but always favours No.1 Lewis begins closed doors. That’s one of the reason Rosberg left & thinks probably he would not get another chance against Lewis . Left with some pride.
    Button also beat him when they were team mates at mclaren.
    Red is the only color!!!

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,907
    1 Mercedes 435
    2 Red Bull Racing Honda 226
    3 Racing Point BWT Mercedes 126
    4 McLaren Renault 124
    5 Renault 120
    6 Ferrari 93
    7 AlphaTauri Honda 77
    8 Alfa Romeo Racing Ferrari 5
    9 Haas Ferrari 3
    10 Williams Mercedes 0

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,907
    1 Lewis Hamilton GBR Mercedes 256
    2 Valtteri Bottas FIN Mercedes 179
    3 Max Verstappen NED Red Bull Racing Honda 162
    4 Daniel Ricciardo AUS Renault 80
    5 Charles Leclerc MON Ferrari 75
    6 Sergio Perez MEX Racing Point BWT Mercedes 74
    7 Lando Norris GBR McLaren Renault 65
    8 Alexander Albon THA Red Bull Racing Honda 64
    9 Pierre Gasly FRA AlphaTauri Honda 63
    10 Carlos Sainz ESP McLaren Renault 59
    11 Lance Stroll CAN Racing Point BWT Mercedes 57
    12 Esteban Ocon FRA Renault 40
    13 Sebastian Vettel GER Ferrari 18
    14 Daniil Kvyat RUS AlphaTauri Honda 14
    15 Nico Hulkenberg GER Racing Point BWT Mercedes 10
    16 Antonio Giovinazzi ITA Alfa Romeo Racing Ferrari 3
    17 Kimi Räikkönen FIN Alfa Romeo Racing Ferrari 2
    18 Romain Grosjean FRA Haas Ferrari 2
    19 Kevin Magnussen DEN Haas Ferrari 1
    20 Nicholas Latifi CAN Williams Mercedes 0
    21 George Russell GBR Williams Mercedes 0

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    When talent meets right car.... this is what you have. Records are written.
    But it’s the other way around for Legendary drivers..... they made the car working if still it’s not the best of the field & won titles.
    You don't become a legend without a dominant car. MS would not be the legend that he is without a dominant Ferrari. Alonso is the perfect example of what happens when a potential legend never gets a dominant car. Verstappen and Leclerc will be more examples of this if they never get dominant cars. Such is Formula 1. It's a constructor's sport. More than anything, Formula 1 is about the team that builds the best car.
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,907
    Vettel is a legend?

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,757
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    You don't become a legend without a dominant car. MS would not be the legend that he is without a dominant Ferrari. Alonso is the perfect example of what happens when a potential legend never gets a dominant car. Verstappen and Leclerc will be more examples of this if they never get dominant cars. Such is Formula 1. It's a constructor's sport. More than anything, Formula 1 is about the team that builds the best car.
    I was about to mention Alonso. Absolute talent but not in right car, he was on course to make history with Ferrari 2 titles near miss with avg car.
    MS & others became legend not with a competitive cars. They raced against other team championship contenders as well.
    They fought hard for their titles. Wheel to wheel action.
    Do you think Ham had the same? Did he earned the titles or were gifted to him?

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,757
    Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Vettel is a legend?
    Never

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    877
    Adjusted for the power deficit, I believe Leclerc did just as fast a race through the corners as Bottas - which is quite incredible considering how bad Hungary was both last year and early this season. Charles drove like a champion today and since he obviously slowed down to take care of the car, the difference between him and P5 in reality was even greater. He was just 10 seconds behind Max after the pit stop after all, so I'm sure he could've gone at least ten seconds quicker in the second half of the race but wisely decided to just take the points. Masterful drive. Given the layout of the remaining tracks P4 in the WDC is probably rather unlikely, but to salvage a top six like Alonso in 2014 is definitely very possible.

    Speaking of Bottas today, what a thorough embarrassment he is. Frankly he should just retire and give Russell his seat. He belongs in IndyCar, Haas or at Le Mans instead.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 25th October 2020 at 15:49.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,746
    The passion and loyalty toward Schumacher by some Ferrari fans is certainly admirable, there's nothing wrong with it. But there's also nothing wrong with by not having any particular feelings toward Schumacher either. After all, Schumacher had no problem joining Mercedes in 2010 and racing for them. And why would he? He never signed any blood pact with Ferrari, he never owed them undying loyalty. Ferrari created the perfect bubble around him, the right car, the right teammate and the right people, and Schumacher delivered. It's business after all, money and performance dictates the contract between the driver and the team, not emotional attachment.

    And it's always the same. The right car and the right team will always win, drivers don't matter match. F1 is machine dominated, only one car, the right car, can win the championship. Most of the time it doesn't matter who's is driving it. It was the same with Schumacher and every other past world champions, it is the same with Hamilton and it will be the same with the next world champion. But one has to be extremely lucky, enjoying dominant cars year after year is pretty rear.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Never
    Say what you will - his wins and titles speak for themselves, although his glory years were sadly pre-Ferrari.
    Last edited by frepjr; 25th October 2020 at 15:54. Reason: P

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,540
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Never
    Never was with no hope of ever again aspiring to become one (except maybe to RB fans retrospectively)? His career in making up the rest of the field was launched quite awhile ago.....

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,540
    I am very sad for him and for our team but do still owe him much gratitude for what he's done for us!

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,757
    With a engine freeze in place + you are in a dominant car..... ham can win it easily.
    This was not the case with other drivers who he passed in history books. (MS, Senna etc)

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    567
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Adjusted for the power deficit, I believe Leclerc did just as fast a race through the corners as Bottas - which is quite incredible considering how bad Hungary was both last year and early this season. Charles drove like a champion today and since he obviously slowed down to take care of the car, the difference between him and P5 in reality was even greater. He was just 10 seconds behind Max after the pit stop after all, so I'm sure he could've gone at least ten seconds quicker in the second half of the race but wisely decided to just take the points. Masterful drive. Given the layout of the remaining tracks P4 in the WDC is probably rather unlikely, but to salvage a top six like Alonso in 2014 is definitely very possible.

    Speaking of Bottas today, what a thorough embarrassment he is. Frankly he should just retire and give Russell his seat. He belongs in IndyCar, Haas or at Le Mans instead.
    Le Mans? Yes. But he will get absolutely smoked in Indy. I actually feel sad for him. He is somehow managing to capture defeat from the jaws of victory.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,757
    Quote Originally Posted by frepjr View Post
    Say what you will - his wins and titles speak for themselves, although his glory years were sadly pre-Ferrari.
    Is he great driver yes..!! But calling him as a legend, no way. He struggles to adapt to avg cars. I didn’t see any strong performance from him (I mean a win or at podium) with a ordinary car.

    When he has the strong car, yes he disappears. If not we can see him struggle a lot than others.

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    Never was with no hope of ever again aspiring to become one (except maybe to RB fans retrospectively)? His career in making up the rest of the field was launched quite awhile ago.....
    Next year he will see with podiums..!! After that 2022 it’s anybody’s game.

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,355
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    You don't become a legend without a dominant car. MS would not be the legend that he is without a dominant Ferrari. Alonso is the perfect example of what happens when a potential legend never gets a dominant car. Verstappen and Leclerc will be more examples of this if they never get dominant cars. Such is Formula 1. It's a constructor's sport. More than anything, Formula 1 is about the team that builds the best car.
    You cannot compare era's, rules and regulations. Prost, Senna, Schumacher were era's where there was an even playing field. Even Seb's era, V-8 with KERS, had engine freezes but it was still even......Merc was'nt winning and niether was Ferrari in the V-8 with KERS era.

    Also, during the Schumacher era of winning, the FIA made rules from 2000 thru 2005 to slow Ferrari down.

    Fast forward to the turbo hybrid formula, a formula that Mercedes has been working on since 2007...7 years ahead of 2014. Mercedes were adament on the formula in 2012. Throw in the token system and engine freezes and you have the recipe for Mercedes dominance. So of course the rule applies "you don't become a legend without a dominant car" in this turbo hybrid era given the rules and regulations.

    It's no different than running a 10k race, where you (Mercedes) train for 7yrs and the rest only train for 2 to 5yrs......who's gonna win come race day???
    The one who trains the longest.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,355
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    With a engine freeze in place + you are in a dominant car..... ham can win it easily.
    This was not the case with other drivers who he passed in history books. (MS, Senna etc)
    +1
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    2,559
    Just come to the pub for a couple of pints and every sodding screen has Sky Sports News on and they're milking this 92 for all they can.

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,757
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    You cannot compare era's, rules and regulations. Prost, Senna, Schumacher were era's where there was an even playing field. Even Seb's era, V-8 with KERS, had engine freezes but it was still even......Merc was'nt winning and niether was Ferrari in the V-8 with KERS era.

    Also, during the Schumacher era of winning, the FIA made rules from 2000 thru 2005 to slow Ferrari down.

    Fast forward to the turbo hybrid formula, a formula that Mercedes has been working on since 2007...7 years ahead of 2014. Mercedes were adament on the formula in 2012. Throw in the token system and engine freezes and you have the recipe for Mercedes dominance. So of course the rule applies "you don't become a legend without a dominant car" in this turbo hybrid era given the rules and regulations.

    It's no different than running a 10k race, where you (Mercedes) train for 7yrs and the rest only train for 2 to 5yrs......who's gonna win come race day???
    The one who trains the longest.
    This is the differentiator.

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,355
    Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Just come to the pub for a couple of pints and every sodding screen has Sky Sports News on and they're milking this 92 for all they can.
    Of course. And eveyone on social media that follows Hamilton are sayng he's the GOAT.......please. Of course most of his fans probably started following him in 2014 till current whom have no idea of F1 and the rules and regulations.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,757
    https://twitter.com/skysportsf1/stat...948836352?s=21

    This is absolute master class from Kimi. Brilliant.. It reminded me of Alonso start.

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,980
    Very sad day!!
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,757
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Of course. And eveyone on social media that follows Hamilton are sayng he's the GOAT.......please. Of course most of his fans probably started following him in 2014 till current whom have no idea of F1 and the rules and regulations.

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    567
    Good job by Hamilton. I don't particularly like him (nor do I hate him) but he is doing an absolutely stellar job. Congratulations to him for setting a new record. Ferrari should take this up as a challenge and should attempt to beat this one. We have the driver capable of doing what he is doing now. All we need is a good car.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

  26. #176
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,349

  27. #177
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter De La Mar View Post
    Stroll seems not to be able to control his car lol, crash and keeping it on the track.
    He has seen his new team mate for next year, he is already practising.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

  28. #178
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    877
    Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Good job by Hamilton. I don't particularly like him (nor do I hate him) but his car and FIA are doing an absolutely stellar job. Zero congratulations to him for setting a new record. Ferrari should take this up as a challenge and should attempt to beat this one. We have the driver capable of doing what he is doing now. All we need is a good car.
    Fixed.

  29. #179
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I was about to mention Alonso. Absolute talent but not in right car, he was on course to make history with Ferrari 2 titles near miss with avg car.
    MS & others became legend not with a competitive cars. They raced against other team championship contenders as well.
    They fought hard for their titles. Wheel to wheel action.
    Do you think Ham had the same? Did he earned the titles or were gifted to him?
    In which year and at what point did MS become a legend?
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  30. #180
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,208
    Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    It seems like I can't go on any other website without "hamilton GOAT eclipses Schumacher record" being rubbed in my face
    Sky were bad enough in the post-race coverage, it's all about Hamilton and his various crusades both personal and racial, and the GOAT label he's been given. Great and intelligent driver he may be, but enough is enough, 92 victories in such a dominant car is not in any way equal to Michael's, and even I wasn't his biggest fan despite driving for my favourite team. Charles did a great, level-headed job today and brought home the points but was hardly seen on track and Sky more or less cut his interview after the race to focus once more on HAM. And a point gained by Seb for passing Kimi was funny and also a little bit sad!
    Last edited by wisepie; 26th October 2020 at 09:31.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •