Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 61

Thread: Bahrain Grand Prix 2020 Sakhir - Practices and Qualifying

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    two contrasting post. One with P4/P5 & other P11/P12.
    You are taking leclerc performance as the barrier but never considered car/engine/aero. Which is why I said are you serious of P4. To me Ferrari if they gets into points finish, I’m happy.
    Qualifying P11 is way better than qualifying P7 on tracks with high tyre wear because you can run a better strategy for the race.

    Meanwhile, it's a mystery why Red Bull is so fast here. Just as it's a mystery why our car shows up at some twisty tracks and not on others. Anyway, qualifying was always going to be the biggest hurdle this weekend, just like in Barcelona. There, the race came back to us due to excessive tyre wear for the competitors who weren't able to one-stop. That may still happen here, but Charles needs to find his extra tenths over Seb he's had all of this year and in Bahrain last time around.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 28th November 2020 at 11:44.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,179
    I think we'll be lucky to get into Q2 judging by the FP1/2/3 pace, I'd be happy with a Q2 position if we can get that far and start on the mediums. Otherwise, it's going to be embarrassing.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,885
    does not look so good for us, but we knew that, and it is not raining , so we can enjoy what is left of this season, and no pressure, it would be nice to have Charles P4 WDC, but I dont think that will happen

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,885
    cars looks so good in these lights

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,885
    Stroll

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    820
    Solid margin over the Q1 knockout in the end.

    Seems to be within range of the optimal strategy tomorrow, which would be in the 6th row, considering we ain't going better than P8 over one lap anyway.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,651
    Car was behaving well on mediums before the red flag.

    Leclerc fastest sector 1 28.176, Vettel 28.366

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    820
    Well, while we got the P11/P12 I'd hoped for having a bunch of mediums ahead was definitely not according to plan...

    Maybe go for hards tomorrow then and go for mediums while the car is lighter later in the race.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,651
    P11 and P12. Good results I'd say. Free choice of tyres tomorrow.

    I think Charles could've done better. His sector 1 was bad, 28.425 which was quite slower than his previous 28.176. Vettel did personal best in every sector.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Well, while we got the P11/P12 I'd hoped for having a bunch of mediums ahead was definitely not according to plan...

    Maybe go for hards tomorrow then?
    That red flag was bad luck for us. Leclerc's 28.176 in the sector 1 is still faster than Perez, Ocon, Kvyat and Gasly's sector one delta. If he was able to do that lap, he would've qualified inside the top 10.

    But I know...shoulda, woulda, coulda...etc...etc

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,667
    All are starting on Mediums... don’t think it doesn’t make any difference.
    But P11 & P12 good quali by our boys given the car.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    That red flag was bad luck for us. Leclerc's 28.176 is still faster than Perez, Ocon, Kvyat and Gasly. If he was able to do that lap, he would've qualified inside the top 10.

    But I know...shoulda, woulda, coulda...etc...etc
    Yep, he must've outbraked himself into one of the hairpins on the second lap. It's a shame but if they give both drivers hards and keep them out, we could be one trigger-happy SC hand of Masi away from landing a top five.

    Hell, might as well give Seb soft to have some early-race fun If we'd taken the reds and gone to Q3 we'd just started a spot or two higher anyway, so just do the opposite of what the others are doing.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,885
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    P11 and P12. Good results I'd say.
    better than expected

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    175
    Do we know why we are so slow round here given our resurgence over the past month?

    Just when you get optimistic about our aero for next season we end up going backwards again. When will this torment end. I don't see any light in the tunnel

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,885
    I forgot, Sainz broke his car and Stroll messed up his lap, so that is why we are so "high". Anyways, Hamilton did beat Bottas. lol

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,667
    Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    I forgot, Sainz broke his car and Stroll messed up his lap, so that is why we are so "high". Anyways, Hamilton did beat Bottas. lol
    I expected P13/P14. Turned out to be P11/P12.

  17. #47
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,395
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I expected P13/P14. Turned out to be P11/P12.
    Binotto did not show up!

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,179
    A lot of medium-runners in front and around us so starting on them won't give us any advantage, not sure the hards would work if they can't get the temperature into them quickly enough. and we'd be sitting ducks at the start. A big ask to get a decent points haul in the race but we live in hope, this year's engine will soon be put out of its misery and let's hope and pray that the 2021 version is a vast improvement. Our lap times are over a second slower than Bahrain last year, as are Alfa and Haas. 2020 has given us castrated prancing horse, for sure. Charles and Seb did their best with what they had.
    Last edited by wisepie; 28th November 2020 at 16:31.

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,667
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    A lot of medium-runners in front and around us so starting on them won't give us any advantage, not sure the hards would work if they can't get the temperature into them quickly enough. and we'd be sitting ducks at the start. A big ask to get a decent points haul in the race but we live in hope, this year's engine will soon be put out of its misery and let's hope and pray that the 2021 version is a vast improvement. Our lap times are over a second slower than Bahrain last year, as are Alfa and Haas. 2020 has given us castrated prancing horse, for sure. Charles and Seb did their best with what they had.

  20. #50
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,487
    On this we must all agree.

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,651
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    A lot of medium-runners in front and around us so starting on them won't give us any advantage, not sure the hards would work if they can't get the temperature into them quickly enough. and we'd be sitting ducks at the start. A big ask to get a decent points haul in the race but we live in hope, this year's engine will soon be put out of its misery and let's hope and pray that the 2021 version is a vast improvement. Our lap times are over a second slower than Bahrain last year, as are Alfa and Haas. 2020 has given us castrated prancing horse, for sure. Charles and Seb did their best with what they had.
    Today's result is another clear demonstration of Ferrari's 2020 PU's lack of grunt. Not only we are slower than last year, but also quite a bit slower than 2018 car as well. Although it is clear than Charles had the pace to qualify inside the top 10, but still the lack of power is pretty clear. But only 3 more races and this nightmare will be over.

    And if anyone here thinks than next year's power unit is going to be another lemon, then there are simply kidding themselves. Ferrari may very well screw up the aero, but they are not going to produce another dud of a engine. And Binotto and co. are happy with it's current performance plus they are confident enough to sign up the engine freeze from 2012, positive signs.

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,651




  23. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    134
    is there any point watching next year at this rate?

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,211
    This is the "slowest" track layout.

    Next week will be an 89 lap GP with times under a minute.

    Soooo today we're P11 and P12.....meh.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Today's result is another clear demonstration of Ferrari's 2020 PU's lack of grunt. Not only we are slower than last year, but also quite a bit slower than 2018 car as well. Although it is clear than Charles had the pace to qualify inside the top 10, but still the lack of power is pretty clear. But only 3 more races and this nightmare will be over.

    And if anyone here thinks than next year's power unit is going to be another lemon, then there are simply kidding themselves. Ferrari may very well screw up the aero, but they are not going to produce another dud of a engine. And Binotto and co. are happy with it's current performance plus they are confident enough to sign up the engine freeze from 2012, positive signs.
    The current aero is definitely among the top 2 on the grid. It even beat the upgraded Racing Point (AKA a combo of 2019 and 2020 Mercedes) in non power tracks, in terms of laptimes. They're just forced to go for inoptimally low amounts of downforce on power tracks to remain competitive, which makes it undrivable.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    is there any point watching next year at this rate?
    As per MB words, engine tests are positive. May be competitive with RB & ahead of midfield might be. Let’s see.
    But their target is 2022.

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,651
    Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    The current aero is definitely among the top 2 on the grid. It even beat the upgraded Racing Point (AKA a combo of 2019 and 2020 Mercedes) in non power tracks, in terms of laptimes. They're just forced to go for inoptimally low amounts of downforce on power tracks to remain competitive, which makes it undrivable.
    Yup. We had to shade downforce to compensate for our lack of power. The chassis is pretty good.

  28. #58
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,395
    A Ferrari podium &,4th or 4th 5th!!! Never ever give up! Even if there's only the slightest chance. At least in the top 10.

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    is there any point watching next year at this rate?
    If the new engine nets 0.5 seconds/minute, then yes. On most tracks that would net a gain of 0.8 s/lap which would get us right around Red Bull and sometimes even Bottas in race pace.

  30. #60
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,395
    I truly believe new engine nets, hp. esp. and Charles, Saintz driving will have Ferrari up with the top 3 . They for sure want the $$$ sponsors and more.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •