Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 153

Thread: Sakhir Grand Prix 2020 - Practices and Qualifying

  1. #91
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,992
    Charles holds P4, Russel 0.026 away from the experienced Bottas. Proving that that car is a machine.

    Looking forward to tomorrow.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    2,742
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    No new set of tires.
    Yup

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    514
    Okay, where did that lap come from?! Absolutely unreal, this guy Charles. I hope tomorrow will be like Silverstone.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Bosnia
    Posts
    1,694
    What an amazing lap by Charles! I just hope he gets a more competitive car next year!

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    slovenia
    Posts
    207
    I just hope that Ferrari in 2021 and 2022 made good car that leclerk give his talent and win 2021 2-3 races and 2022 years can win championship. Forza Ferrari ��������

  6. #96
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    2,964
    WHAT A LAP from Charles !!!!!!!!!!
    Dont know if he could done a bit better with another lap on a new set , but that was something special !!!!
    Cant wait to see what he will do in a decent car provided by our team !!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  7. #97
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    453
    Jumping in the car this week and he's only 0.026 away from Bottas.. Yes Hamilton is bloody fast and he doesn't make mistakes but the car is outstanding.

    On the other hand Charles is doing miracles

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,610
    Qualifying:

    Bottas: --- 18.597 --- 18.474 --- 16.239 --- 53.377 --- 330

    Russell: --- 18.685 --- 18.495 --- 16.222 --- 53.403 --- 329

    Verstappen: --- 16.656 --- 18.541 --- 16.212 --- 53.433 --- 325

    Leclerc: --- 18.621 --- 18.653 --- 16.339 --- 53.613 --- 325

    Perez: --- 18.656 --- 18.733 --- 16.279 --- 53.790 --- 342

    Kvyat: --- 18.642 --- 18.821 --- 16.340 --- 53.906 --- 330

    Ricciardo: --- 18.702 --- 18.773 --- 16.272 --- 53.957 --- 331

    Sainz: --- 18.566 --- 18.737 --- 16.411 --- 54.010 --- 330

    Gasly: --- 18.659 --- 18.779 --- 16.467 --- 54.154 --- 328

    Stroll: --- 18.731 --- 18.802 --- 16.307 --- 54.200 --- 329

    Ocon: --- 18.726 --- 18.875 --- 16.333 --- 53.995 --- 329

    Albon: --- 18.827 --- 18.726 --- 16.421 --- 54.026 --- 323

    Vettel: --- 18.745 --- 18.940 --- 16.438 --- 54.175 --- 326

    Giovinazzi: --- 18.838 --- 19.103 --- 16.399 --- 54.377 --- 330

    Norris: --- 18.764 --- 18.855 --- 16.575 --- 54.693 --- 329

    Magnussen: --- 18.830 --- 19.125 --- 16.750 --- 54.705 --- 330

    Latifi: --- 18.809 --- 19.272 --- 16.615 --- 54.796 --- 333

    Aitken: --- 19.037 --- 19.258 --- 16.573 --- 54.892 --- 338

    Raikkonen: --- 18.989 --- 19.210 --- 16.762 --- 54.963 --- 334

    Fittipaldi: --- 19.256 --- 19.437 --- 16.733 --- 55.426 --- 326

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    WHAT A LAP from Charles !!!!!!!!!!
    Dont know if he could done a bit better with another lap on a new set , but that was something special !!!!
    Cant wait to see what he will do in a decent car provided by our team !!!!!!!!
    Imagine the result with Ferrari having a better engine.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,610
    Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Okay, where did that lap come from?! Absolutely unreal, this guy Charles. I hope tomorrow will be like Silverstone.
    It came from his unmatched raw pace and talent. As I've said to the Kimibot guy, never count out Charles.

    Hopefully tomorrow will also be good for us.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    It came from his unmatched raw pace and talent. As I've said to the Kimibot guy, never count out Charles.

    Hopefully tomorrow will also be good for us.
    Yep. As good as it is to have that P4 in a car with 40 HP down on power, I hope he can perform just as good tomorrow. Let's hope Sebastian too can score some points for us in his penultimate weekend with Ferrari, with the free tyre choice he has.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,175
    A brilliant lap from Charles to get P4, but it will be a huge challenge for him to keep the others behind him in the race as they all have more power to play with. Annoying that Sky turned quali into the George Russell show but only to be expected and proof that the Merc is by far the most complete car. I'm not trashing Russell's efforts but I do believe Charles deserves just as much credit.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,610
    Have you guys noticed something? We had a good quali all the noisy doom mongers are missing. Should tell you everything.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    111
    Nice to hear Charles took inspiration from Gasley’s onboard footage for turn 7 & 8.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,151
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Have you guys noticed something? We had a good quali all the noisy doom mongers are missing. Should tell you everything.
    yep....I was very surprised with Leclerc. He keeps beating my expectations in that "donkey" of a car and has a great attitude about it.

    On the W11 and past variants of this turbo hybrid era, it just goes to show Bottas, and others, would be a 7 time WDC WITHOUT Lewis.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  16. #106
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,816
    Mighty epic lap from Charles the king!!!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

  17. #107
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,610
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    yep....I was very surprised with Leclerc. He keeps beating my expectations in that "donkey" of a car and has a great attitude about it.
    . Charles has always been special. And with more experience he will get better, which is a scary prospect for his potential rivals and teammates.

  18. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,610

  19. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,629
    Good lap from Charles.

  20. #110
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Tirana, al
    Posts
    104
    Really special Charles

  21. #111
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    801
    Great stuff

    Tomorrow will be a challenge but that we're close on top speed with many other cars around this layout since our car behaves well around hairpins so that we've been able to trim off downforce hopefully can help. If we can get a top six it would be special.

    Also, let's hope Russell beats the Bottler off the line tomorrow and then the usual meltdown ensues.

  22. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    . Charles has always been special. And with more experience he will get better, which is a scary prospect for his potential rivals and teammates.

    I think this was close to Sennas Magic Lap in Monaco 88
    Of course not a pole but in this season it feels like a pole already ...
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

  23. #113
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,473
    Charles lap simply magic.Ferrari give him a racing weapon and no doubt he will nail hamilton.Lewis knows that charles is no butler.Lewis can thank his lucky stars that charles has an under achieving ferrari.The conversation and the headlines in media would have been totally different .

  24. #114
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Charles lap simply magic.Ferrari give him a racing weapon and no doubt he will nail hamilton.Lewis knows that charles is no butler.Lewis can thank his lucky stars that charles has an under achieving ferrari.The conversation and the headlines in media would have been totally different .
    That the whining crybabies stole our engine also meant they stole the 2020 season. Charles would've been second in the WDC for sure and probably competed for or having won several races (like Austria, Silverstone x2, Sochi, Algarve, Imola, Turkey and Bahrain) if not FIA and Mercedes had cheated.

  25. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Jumping in the car this week and he's only 0.026 away from Bottas.. Yes Hamilton is bloody fast and he doesn't make mistakes but the car is outstanding.

    On the other hand Charles is doing miracles
    Great lap, if Vettel had scrapoed through he could have done similar very close all sessions between them until Q2.

    Russel shows Merc will be 1 2 no matter the line up BUT never no what future holds in terms of performance gaps, Hamilton maximises the gap to the rest, Merc .maximise every part of the team so they stick with Hamilton so win by larger marginsvor if becomes tight he gets the maximum points. I really think Russel is special though and in a few years the new era is shaping up to be a 3 way battle of LeClerc, Russel and Verstappen.

  26. #116
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Great stuff

    Tomorrow will be a challenge but that we're close on top speed with many other cars around this layout since our car behaves well around hairpins so that we've been able to trim off downforce hopefully can help. If we can get a top six it would be special.

    Also, let's hope Russell beats the Bottler off the line tomorrow and then the usual meltdown ensues.
    A Russell, Verstappen, Leclerc podium would be a dream!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  27. #117
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    A Russell, Verstappen, Leclerc podium would be a dream!
    Without this bandaged up engine Ferrari would be on pole. They probably already have an engine they could bolt straight in and dominate this weekend. Stupid rule to freeze engines. Maybe a blessing in disguise? Has enabled them to restructure, chassis developments must have been good, chassis wise are very close to Merc and RB just the engine which will be fixed for next year no problem.

  28. #118
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    974
    LECLERC, WHAT A BEAST!
    That P2 after the first runs was quite special. It was quite satisfying to see most of those second runs fail to beat him. The decision to sit the 2nd runs out was just epic in itself (after all he confirmed he still had new tyres).

    Brilliant effort from Russell. I wish LH a speedy recovery, but not in time for next week. It would be great to have Russell in that Merc again. Bottas should be very worried.
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  29. #119
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Jumping in the car this week and he's only 0.026 away from Bottas.. Yes Hamilton is bloody fast and he doesn't make mistakes but the car is outstanding.

    On the other hand Charles is doing miracles
    +1
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  30. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter De La Mar View Post
    Nice to hear Charles took inspiration from Gasley’s onboard footage for turn 7 & 8.
    Yeah that was great to hear. You've just got to love this guy's attitude.
    Last edited by ntukza; 6th December 2020 at 08:41.
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •